Numbers code discussion.

Matuzz

I don't know if anyone has seen KingSkylark's twitter, but he has put some interesting tweets, which I'm pretty sure include the key.

Shit's gettin' real on the CoD front, I wonder what secrets shall be revealed at http://callofduty.com next?! I'm hoping for pie. Lots of pie

This tweet was put out yesterday, when the update with this code was put up.

If it was MY choice (which it isn't), I'd never give up the secret or reveal what it means, a la Kryptos

Kryptos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kryptos

Guys, GUYS! New piece of intel up at http://callofduty.com. Still no pie yet, but hey, there's always tomorrow.

What familiar word does each tweet contain (besides the middle one)? The word pie.

"I'm hoping for pie." and "Still no pie yet." obviously means there has to be something related to this code with pie. Now, with the second tweet, he mentions "a la Kryptos." Well, there's pie a la mode, but to mention a code inscribed in copper on the grounds of the CIA that has 3 parts of 4 solved, with various methods of decryption? I don't think it's a coincidence.

Not sure if your being a bit sarcastic or just that slow you are taking the guys message of pie too far. Pie is of course considered as a "prize" or "goal" to some this dude talking about pie gives no clues.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone has seen KingSkylark's twitter, but he has put some interesting tweets, which I'm pretty sure include the key.

Shit's gettin' real on the CoD front, I wonder what secrets shall be revealed at http://callofduty.com next?! I'm hoping for pie. Lots of pie

If it was MY choice (which it isn't), I'd never give up the secret or reveal what it means, a la Kryptos

Guys, GUYS! New piece of intel up at http://callofduty.com. Still no pie yet, but hey, there's always tomorrow.

What familiar word does each tweet contain (besides the middle one)? The word pie.

"I'm hoping for pie." and "Still no pie yet." obviously means there has to be something related to this code with pie. Now, with the second tweet, he mentions "a la Kryptos." Well, there's pie a la mode, but to mention a code inscribed in copper on the grounds of the CIA that has 3 parts of 4 solved, with various methods of decryption? I don't think it's a coincidence.

Not sure if your being a bit sarcastic or just that slow you are taking the guys message of pie too far. Pie is of course considered as a "prize" or "goal" to some this dude talking about pie gives no clues.

An idea is an idea so maybe if we go a bit further we'll find something. Not necessarily, but an idea is an idea.

But when the person talking about pie works at Treyarch and mentions pie while talking about the updates, especially about these codes, I'll take that as an idea to think of.

The numbers have changed at CallofDuty.com and revealed more of the sequence.

Plugging in the coordinates 34.040063,-118.26684623 to Google Earth. You land in the middle of LA, California, dead square in front the Los Angeles Convention Center, the host of this year's E3.

The numbers have changed at CoD.com and reveled more of the sequence.

Plugging in the coordinates 34.040063,-118.26684623 to Google Earth. You land in the middle of LA, California, conveniently right near a few convention centers.

The location of Call Of Duty XP 2012.

That...

Explains a lot.

But what about the other images in the gif?

Plugging in the coordinates 34.040063,-118.26684623 to Google Earth. You land in the middle of LA, California, conveniently right near a few convention centers.

Umm proof? I don't see those coordinates or any update at all to the CoD site. As far as I can tell you are just throwing up coordinates of some place in CA with no link to the CoD site and the numbers previously given.

Umm proof? I don't see those coordinates or any update at all to the CoD site. As far as I can tell you are just throwing up coordinates of some place in CA with no link to the CoD site and the numbers previously given.

Dude, go on the site and click on the panel. A majority of the numbers are now completely unchanging.

The numbers have changed at CoD.com and reveled more of the sequence.

That...

Explains a lot.

But what about the other images in the gif?

It's quite odd. It appears they are new images in this gif. The first set of numbers remain constant, but the second set changes somewhat. Even stranger is you don't get these new sets of numbers until you actually click on the box to enlarge it. The thumbnail still shows the original set of numbers.

There could always be another explanation though. It is Treyarch we're talking about here.

Dude, go on the site and click on the panel. A majority of the numbers are now completely unchanging.

Alright, that's my bad. They are a quick flash in the beginning as the boxed window pops up then they go back to the flashing numbers. I see what you are saying now. Just provide a bit more info next time?

How dare you make such bold and harsh accusations against ME!?! :evil: .

Umm yeah, just click on the box to enlarge it to reveal the new coordinates. Gotta get your head in the game Crafty! You gotta be ready for Treyarch to pull this kinda sneaky stuff ;)

EDIT: One of the previous boxes wasn't declassified until you actually clicked to enlarge, forget if it was Tacitus or the quad. They did the same thing for this. Sorry, didn't know it needed to be said.

It was Tacitus that you had to click on for it to show up. It got clearer as time went on too. We will have to look over all these images at the end to see if they updated old ones with clearer pictures.

I did a lot of things with the GKnova6 viral, I know how sneaky they can be.

Made an edit. After doing some research this coordinates put dead center in front of the Los Angeles Convention Center, the host of this year's E3 event.

They've got plans for E3 2012.

That's over by my neck of the woods. :?

Guess it's time to lock & load.

The jealousy and envy burns deep down in my soul. :twisted:

Did you not have fun while wasting your time?

Speculation is fun period.

Regards Alpha.

Wasn't saying that in a negative way, just getting everyone to focus on the unsolved now. I think we should try not to overthink at this point because we may miss the obvious.

Tacitus

E3

"the enemy could be anywhere and it could be anyone" (Very reminiscent of government war propaganda and very close to the types of things we hear today as being related to the "War on Terror")

These things all sound like hints towards the campaign side of things of coarse and are probably just setup for the teaser trailer. Im not saying its not fun but I personally think the real fun comes after the release of said trailer. It is almost like this is just to get our attention and let us know to get ready.

This is just my opinion and its very possible I am dead wrong but nothing so far has really been a true puzzle. Its still early and I will keep my eyes on it though.

Did you not have fun while wasting your time?

Speculation is fun period.

Regards Alpha.

Wasn't saying that in a negative way, just getting everyone to focus on the unsolved now. I think we should try not to overthink at this point because we may miss the obvious.

Tacitus

E3

"the enemy could be anywhere and it could be anyone" (Very reminiscent of government war propaganda and very close to the types of things we hear today as being related to the "War on Terror")

These things all sound like hints towards the campaign side of things of coarse and are probably just setup for the teaser trailer. Im not saying its not fun but I personally think the real fun comes after the release of said trailer. It is almost like this is just to get our attention and let us know to get ready.

This is just my opinion and its very possible I am dead wrong but nothing so far has really been a true puzzle. Its still early and I will keep my eyes on it though.

True, not everyone out there is even close to knowing about solving these things and the first few would be simple stuff for the general audience level to figure out. We just gotta keep our eyes out and watch for things that can be decoded and looked into further. First look for the simple and obvious then decode and break it apart.