Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real question is... If we're gunna be playing in the future, then how is Woods back? Because the two of those statements are both pretty likely to be in the game. The near future and a Vietnam Vet. Hmmm. Maybe the game is played out similar to BO1 with Woods being interrogated or something like that. The more recent picture does show him being sat at a desk. Maybe he is "Returning For Debriefing".

Dan Amrich ‏ @OneOfSwords

Folks are still confused by the times, so: The NBA game preview stuff starts six hours from NOW, during the Denver/LA game. #CODReveal

Expand

So it will be morning here, no reason to wait till 05:30

The real question is... If we're gunna be playing in the future, then how is Woods back? Because the two of those statements are both pretty likely to be in the game. The near future and a Vietnam Vet. Hmmm. Maybe the game is played out similar to BO1 with Woods being interrogated or something like that. The more recent picture does show him being sat at a desk. Maybe he is "Returning For Debriefing".

Wood is probably being adviser of the modern Black Ops troops and helps them in their missions by giving advices.

The fighting and missions take place in near future, +2012

Wood is probably being adviser of the modern Black Ops troops and helps them in their missions by giving advices.

The fighting and missions take place in near future, +2012

Exactly. I don't get why people still think its going to be the 1980s.

How do we interrogate a man into the future? I'm very intrigued to see how Treyarch explains this timeline. We're either in for some mind blowing explanation, or a jumping of the shark the likes of which would make the Fonz blush.

This is a longshot but what if the story is the agent sent after Woods, Mason, and Hudson, telling about the mission. The agents name was shown as John woth no last name but in the french version his last name was shown as Price so if it is John Price he would be set in near future time cuz of the Modern Warfare series.

interesting but im not sure i mean price not specifcly this one but price is old ive seen him in most iw cod games made he's a British captain during ww2 and on top of that the face looked alot alike so im not sure if thats something treyarch would use or not. thats something i bet we dont know until release.

It was stated that John Price was the SAS soldier assigned on OP: Charybdis.

The price from Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2 is the grandfather of the Price from the MW series. IW has confirmed that. I think treyarch would do it. Also, if it does take during the 2020-ish era, Price would be around 59-ish and he and Woods could be narrating the story.

I'm not sure whether they were leaked images or not, but I won't post them here because I respect CoDz and the people that come here and don't want their game spoiled. But it looks like the picture of the armor I posted yesterday was on a soldier holding a gun (I won't say which to keep it un-spoiled) but the suit looked a little like this:

Only it was missing some features not expected to arrive until 2020.

-

So I would guess that the time-frame for a majority of the campaign will be within a couple of years from 2012, basically the quote about the future, meant that it's not a far future, but very close, as in a couple of years.

-

I do however enjoy the idea of having flashbacks. Perhaps we will start in Hanoi with a Black Ops team rescuing Woods from the Prison as he sits aged in the Pentagon talking about what happened.

I would really like to have some occasional flashbacks to events that happened in between Black Ops and modern day.

---

I cant wait for this trailer, although I will probably be late to seeing it, by about 2 hours, I'm going to do my best and help analyze it with you guys ASAP.

i think that theres gona be like a half and half in future and past, a lOT of time travel, if zombies and campaign are tied together i feel that time travel will play a huge part, trying to stop what has occured

Also, guys remember Treyarch wouldn't ever let their fans down. Only Activision would do that.

i think that theres gona be like a half and half in future and past, a lOT of time travel, if zombies and campaign are tied together i feel that time travel will play a huge part, trying to stop what has occured

Also, guys remember Treyarch wouldn't ever let their fans down. Only Activision would do that.

... Treyarch is essentially ATVI.

Aside form that, BlackOpsTiger, I like your idea (or more of a prediction) of how the game will start out.

I'v been a fan of zombies since WaW and never even thought of it mixing with the actual campaign. Leave both stories as their own, their both good without eachother.

Exactly, it'll fuck everything up

Language bro. Calm it down :roll:

I'v been a fan of zombies since WaW and never even thought of it mixing with the actual campaign. Leave both stories as their own, their both good without eachother.

Exactly, it'll fuck everything up

When you said that curse word , it reminded me of Richtofen on Moon! :lol: