Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we considered that the "future is closer than we think" or whatever quote is a reference to our timeframe? Maybe it's Treyarch's way of saying that our assumptions of the game being in the near future is wrong, and the operatives we will be playing as have access to the earliest prototypes of these weapons?

Have we considered that the "future is closer than we think" or whatever quote is a reference to our timeframe? Maybe it's Treyarch's way of saying that our assumptions of the game being in the near future is wrong, and the operatives we will be playing as have access to the earliest prototypes of these weapons?

This. I really hope the next Call of Duty is a direct sequel, if it is a futuristic game like everybody seems, it will look like it was made to compete with GR: FS. Also, if it is futuristic I probably won't even pre-order like all the other CoDs.

This. I really hope the next Call of Duty is a direct sequel, if it is a futuristic game like everybody seems, it will look like it was made to compete with GR: FS. Also, if it is futuristic I probably won't even pre-order like all the other CoDs.

funny thing I pre-ordered GR:FS, P.S BETA IS AWESOME. (and I have extra code)

I think the "enemy" they refer to are people that may be brainwashed by the "it" referred to in the latest quote.

By Brainwashed I mean like the numbers stations we saw in Black Ops where sleeper cells were created, only this time whoever controls the tech (possibly CIA, Tacitus?, or connection to zombies, Richtofen?) is using the technology with HAARP or some other large system of broadcast towers to control people's minds and attack the main characters.

----

Take a look at the NDU loading screen:

The people in front of computers are being brainwashed and the "ZZZZZ" seems to refer to sleep, as in sleeper cells. Then you see them walking in a line indicating they are being controlled. The first frame shows this mysterious man walking out of a "frame" in 1943 with numbers coming out.

Then it shows him entering the communist country crates room. I'm still trying to find out what 1959 and 1964 have to do with this, going back to Black Ops Intel and maybe I'll find something.

funny thing I pre-ordered GR:FS, P.S BETA IS AWESOME. (and I have extra code)

It's a good beta so far. I pre-ordered too. But we should get on topic. Me personally I agree with Gordog24p on his views of the newest release

It's looking more and more likely that the number 23 has some sort of significance. It seems to be popping up a lot more often now in several of the images. Any speculation as to what it could be referring to?

Well after i posted the images of the new quote, i went back to look at the old one. I was taking a look at the video, when i realized theres a timer in the top right corner. I was looking at the timer and noticed, at every :23 milliseconds, it skips to the next second, so at 0:23, it goes to 1, at 1:23 it goes to 2, etc. Then the video seems to end at 4:23. 23 seems to definitely play a big part with these quotes, wouldnt doubt we see that number again.

Has anyone thought about the 2 quotes fitting together?

So "The Future is not as far of as most people think - We're not ready for it"

and "The Enemy could be anywhere and it could be anyone"

Together they could be "The Future is not as far of as most people think, The enemy could be anywhere and it could be anyone. We're not ready for it"

Has anyone thought about the 2 quotes fitting together?

So "The Future is not as far of as most people think - We're not ready for it"

and "The Enemy could be anywhere and it could be anyone"

Together they could be "The Future is not as far of as most people think, The enemy could be anywhere and it could be anyone. We're not ready for it"

No. It doesn't make sense.

My first post,

I am inclined to agree, the video of FPSrussia he blows up an old American car, maybe when referring to the future he is meaning the future of the era he is in in the video... Anyone get what I mean?

"I think either there will be a new clue on the call of duty website which hints alot at zombies or there will be something in the reveal. I also think we should keep an eye on the terminal in BLOPS, they may add something in there via an update."

I'm 99% sure there will be nothing about zombies on the website or in the reveal. They usually don't reveal any details about multiplayer or zombies until close to the release date, if at all. Normally they only reveal details about the campaign at about this time. So most likely everything we know so far is from the campaign and the reveal will also show the campaign.

"funny thing I pre-ordered GR:FS, P.S BETA IS AWESOME."

I have to disagree. That beta is terrible.

"the video of FPSrussia he blows up an old American car, maybe when referring to the future he is meaning the future of the era he is in in the video... Anyone get what I mean?"

I'd imagine he blew up an old American car because he didn't want to buy a brand new car just to blow it up. Seems like a waste of money.

Just want to bring up some topics from the FPSRussia video that I haven't seen discussed yet.

I felt like they showed the cards so obviously that it might include a clue?

I think he's holding 9,J,A,9,J but i'm not entirely sure on the 9's. They could be 8's too.

This also makes 2 pair in a game of poker.

Another thing from the video is that FPSRussia calls the Quadrotor "Charlene". Haven't seen much about this being discussed except for the movie FMJ where private Pyle named his rifle Charlene.

Anyone has ideas on this?

• Moderators

Just want to bring up some topics from the FPSRussia video that I haven't seen discussed yet.

I think he's holding 9,J,A,9,J but i'm not entirely sure on the 9's. They could be 8's too.

Another thing from the video is that FPSRussia calls the Quadrotor "Charlene". Haven't seen much about this being discussed except for the movie FMJ where private Pyle named his rifle Charlene.

Read the entire thread before you post anything,this already has been discussed. ;)

I remember watching a video for Black Ops before it came out and I think it was Dan Bunting(?) that said that while developing Black Ops they had the motto from FMJ "This is my rifle, this is my gun."

Also, private Pyle was a character in the World at War campaign if anyone remembers, he was the one who got his throat slit in the first mission "Semper Fi."

So they've had inspiration from it before, not unlikely that they had inspiration from it again.

Can someone fill me in on this FPSRussia? Who is he? Please don't take this badly :) But I don't watch many youtube videos, but I've been told he is a guy who shows weapon displays, i.e. firing them.

This is FPSRussia's video sponsored by Activision or the Call of Duty promotion. This should give you an outlook on who FPSRussia is. (It's basically like you said, a guy who shoots guns)

SNPJMk2fgJU

Has anyone guessed tacticus yet then?

Well last time I did anything related to a prize I was backstabbed and someone else got all the credit (the only thing I actually would care about.) So I'm going to sit back and watch this unravel.

In the meantime I'll be here for what I do best, emparting knowledge ;), If there's anything 20th century, or even anything in particular, related that you need to understand just pm me about it :D Helped out a lot of people last time I can tell you [brains]