Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

The last 3 maps of Blops are all set in the modern era, as I've said before. The issue is not the actual year—CotD is one damn interesting map—but the originality of the content within the map (ie guns, traps, etc).

If you are concerned that the guns will not be as original as previous 3arc games, do not fear. No matter how bored you may think you are of the M4A1 and ACR, 3arc WILL make every gun memorable and unique in its own way. You can be sure of that. ;)

It started with WW2, it leapfrogged into the Cold War, now it's in the future. As long as it has the Zombies we all know and love, I'm eager and excited for any CoD. Do not fret, my fellow zombieslayas. Treyarch WILL deliver. Treyarch WILL appease your Zombie appetites. Treyarch WILL make this memorable. It may seem kind of 'blah' now, but this isn't Infinity Ward anymore. Treyarch is original. And Black Ops II will be no different.

-perfect

If they didn't have zombies, I would never buy a cod game ever again.

MW3= Crap

BO2(Without Z)= Crap

Same. But Zombies was pretty much guaranteed with Carbon's hiring. ;)

Trust me, Blops II will not be MW3. The multiplayer won't even resemble it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus...I go to bed this morning and when I wake up there are 5 new pages to read through @_@

..and as expected, my attempts to find a decoded message or any sort of cipher from the words and whatnot last night came up empty ;_;

Now this new image...Just the other day on History they had back-to-back specials on future aircraft, and something that looked almost identical to it was shown in the 2008 episode...can't remember if it was Lockheed-Martin or Northrup-Grumman, but one of the two...guess this just further confirms the near-future/present-day timeframe for BO2. I can't see them going too far into the future, and even though FPS said "10-15 years" we have to remember that Black Operations operatives got the best of the best that was available at the time, and most things classified as such, the general public doesn't even know about. So if now, in this day and age, we know of the Quadrotor and this UAV or, most likely, UCAV, then chances are it was being "used" way before now, at least from a BO universe perspective...Or I could be completely wrong, who knows? /longwinded rant

And on the subject of the new video, I just noticed that at the moment he finishes saying "anyone" it hits 3.23 on the timestamp, where the original gif started...pointing to that same number again, a date I guess. Anything significant in history happen on March 23rd? And just an opinion thing here...his articulation makes me think he is somebody of political or military power, a CO maybe, doesn't sound quite authoritative to be a CIC. Almost sounds like a clip from a debriefing before a mission or something..

Jesus...I go to bed this morning and when I wake up there are 5 new pages to read through @_@

..and as expected, my attempts to find a decoded message or any sort of cipher from the words and whatnot last night came up empty ;_;

Now this new image...Just the other day on History they had back-to-back specials on future aircraft, and something that looked almost identical to it was shown in the 2008 episode...can't remember if it was Lockheed-Martin or Northrup-Grumman, but one of the two...guess this just further confirms the near-future/present-day timeframe for BO2. I can't see them going too far into the future, and even though FPS said "10-15 years" we have to remember that Black Operations operatives got the best of the best that was available at the time, and most things classified as such, the general public doesn't even know about. So if now, in this day and age, we know of the Quadrotor and this UAV or, most likely, UCAV, then chances are it was being "used" way before now, at least from a BO universe perspective...Or I could be completely wrong, who knows? /longwinded rant

I understand that my brothers always says something about new tech when he sees it and its usually along the lines of "black ops teams been using it for at least ten years." I agree with that i was just wondering if he was told to specify the time period as a clue to when it is. It could actually be present day but considering the franchise i dont think they come back to this time period of course ww2 came back alot. all i wanted to get across was chances are its a whole knew cast with throw backs to black ops like they did with waw's characters being in the game. i mean even if they did set it now the characters would be right around there 80's. I just wanna find out who we're fighting other then the undead!

Speaking of Tacitus, I found this killer local band with the same name. This should be the new zombie song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Ik-oLXkWw

Holy shit that's epic...not bad for a band that's only been around for a year...he DOES kinda sound like a zombie :P ...maybe Treyarch wanted us to find this band?...Tacitus just seems so uncommon for it to not have some sort of linkage..trying to find lyrics for their songs...maybe there's some sort of significance there?...Then again I'm probably reading way too far into this

Speaking of Tacitus, I found this killer local band with the same name. This should be the new zombie song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Ik-oLXkWw

Holy shit that's epic...not bad for a band that's only been around for a year...he DOES kinda sound like a zombie :P ...maybe Treyarch wanted us to find this band?...Tacitus just seems so uncommon for it to not have some sort of linkage..trying to find lyrics for their songs...maybe there's some sort of significance there?...Then again I'm probably reading way too far into this

Nah. Sorry, but I think we've milked about everything we can out of Tacitus for the time being.

Nah. Sorry, but I think we've milked about everything we can out of Tacitus for the time being.

I figured, it's late and my brain's going in all sorts of weird directions, trying to keep a logical and level-headed mindset on all this, but it's hard not to fly off the handle sometimes

I figured, it's late and my brain's going in all sorts of weird directions, trying to keep a logical and level-headed mindset on all this, but it's hard not to fly off the handle sometimes

Yeah dude, it's all cool. I'm tired too. :lol:

Has anyone seen this?

http://acl.ldc.upenn.edu/H/H86/H86-1003.pdf

Rather strange, refers to some sort of "military casualty program" that's only name is "Tacitus Project".

Weird.

:shock: DARPA project...

That bugs me in real life...

I hope that DARPA are not using us as a lab test...

Just google Disney ia darpa laboratory for what I'm getting at here.

Also check this:

New illuminati: A Voice Only You Can Hear: DARPA's Sonic Projector.

Does that sound familiar?????

Regards Alpha.

Hey I've been following the forum for some time now but I feel I need to make my first post about this. I think DARPA and Tacitus DO play apart in the upcoming Black Ops 2. Here's a book description for a book on Amazon:

"The first-ever inside look at DARPA—the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency—the maverick and controversial group whose futuristic work has had amazing civilian and military applications, from the Internet to GPS to driverless cars

America's greatest idea factory isn't Bell Labs, Silicon Valley, or MIT's Media Lab. It's the secretive, Pentagon-led agency known as DARPA. Founded by Eisenhower in response to Sputnik and the Soviet space program, DARPA mixes military officers with sneaker-wearing scientists, seeking paradigm-shifting ideas in varied fields—from energy, robotics, and rockets to peopleless operating rooms, driverless cars, and planes that can fly halfway around the world in just hours. DARPA gave birth to the Internet, GPS, and mind-controlled robotic arms. Its geniuses define future technology for the military and the rest of us.

Michael Belfiore was given unprecedented access to write this first-ever popular account of DARPA. Visiting research sites across the country, he watched scientists in action and talked to the creative, fearlessly ambitious visionaries working for and with DARPA. Much of DARPA's work is classified, and this book is full of material that has barely been reported in the general media. In fact, DARPA estimates that only 2 percent of Americans know much of anything about the agency. This fascinating read demonstrates that DARPA isn't so much frightening as it is inspiring—it is our future."

And here is the link to the webpage - http://www.amazon.com/The-Department-Ma ... 53-9240611

I think that DARPA and Tacitus work together in creating future technology. If you look up about A Voice Only You Can Hear: DARPA's Sonic Projector - http://nexusilluminati.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... c.html?m=1 You can see how they are experimenting with psychological warfare. As someone else pointed out (sorry I cant remember who or what topic it was in) maybe Zombies and the Campaign are connected in this game. Maybe these are experiments of mind control to finally controlling the zombies and using them as a new super weapon?

What also jumps out at me from the book description further up is "DARPA mixes military officers with sneaker-wearing scientists" and "Much of DARPA's work is classified". The callofduty.com clues anyone? Maybe im looking to much into this but from the clues and information we already have of where this game might be heading (The plot and timeframe), if you do research DARPA some of the information will just make you think. Sorry for the wall of text and I hope some of this information helps.

Jeez, you guys are fast :shock: I take one night off and lose 6 whole pages :lol:

Anyway, heres my take. We still have no idea who the mystery voice is. However, we do know most of the people involved in Call of Duty games as voice actors. Where is the best place to go to find out about voice actors? You got it, IMDB. Let's get to work people, this guy will be found.

Secondly, everyone is talking about timeframes being in the near future. However, people seem to be ignoring the fact that this is Black Ops. Black Ops soldiers have always been known to use 'experimental' equipment up to 30 years before actual production. This gives us a timeframe going back as far as the 80s. Perfect timing for a direct Black Ops sequal.

-Jolteon

Jeez, you guys are fast :shock: I take one night off and lose 6 whole pages :lol:

Anyway, heres my take. We still have no idea who the mystery voice is. However, we do know most of the people involved in Call of Duty games as voice actors. Where is the best place to go to find out about voice actors? You got it, IMDB. Let's get to work people, this guy will be found.

Secondly, everyone is talking about timeframes being in the near future. However, people seem to be ignoring the fact that this is Black Ops. Black Ops soldiers have always been known to use 'experimental' equipment up to 30 years before actual production. This gives us a timeframe going back as far as the 80s. Perfect timing for a direct Black Ops sequal.

-Jolteon

I was honestly just about to post about the prototype thing, I'd give you brains if I wasn't on the new layout.

Jolteon makes a good point. We may be jumping the gun on this whole future/present times thing. Plus the whole modern warfare (no pun intended) thing is kinda Infinity Ward's gimmick. So a game in the 70's/80's could still be possible. It is still too early to tell I guess.

And dam you for sniping my post LFTW!

Going back to that video of the voice I have a feeling it could have something to do with JFK.

At the end of BO we saw him get assassinated with Mason there on the side.

Perhaps BO 2 is where we investigate who the enemy was. Although i have definitely heard that voice before.

Thanks Liam and Richtofen :D

Anyway, I've been doing some research trying to find the voice. I've in no way found anything at all conclusive or even close. However, after listening to it I immediately had two actors in my head. Eamon Hunt and Robert Picardo, who voice Dragovich and McNamara respectively. McNamara would make the most sense of course, and I honestly see it as a possibility. Perhaps 'Return for Debriefing' is a message sent by McNamara, and this is what he tells the character we play as at the end?

I know, as theories go it's a long shot, but it's still a shot, and knowing Treyarch, anything is possible! Let me know if you agree, or if you disagree, tell me why :)

-Jolteon

Interesting to note, there is time code on the bottom of this one.

I'm guessing the footage rolls at 24 frames per second (standard for film)

So it starts on frame 00:00:03:23, and then the next frame starts at the 4 second mark, 00:00:04:00.

This video also has timecode stamped on it, but in the upper-right corner this time.

wYQHpGcrZ5U

The video is exactly 10 seconds long, and runs at 24 frames per second (just as I expected it would).

Even though there is some black fade in/out, the video starts on 00:00:00:00, and ends on 00:00:10:00.

Not sure if the time code stamps are going to lead to anything yet. Just putting the info out there, in case it might...

- Mix

just a thought when I heard that voice on the video, it sounds exactly like Oliver North, remember him? Iran Contra during the 80s and the great president ronnie ray gun lol the time period fits just a thought.

It really does...i listened to him...then the recording. That is really close