Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the second or 3rd Tuesday in November, which is usually the release date of all CODs, falls on November 13th. On the same date, there will be a solar eclipse on that date; coincidence? Also, I made this theory before, didn't really share. Tacitus was a Roman senator, who was most famous for writing about the eclipse that occurred after the death of Augustus. Shangri La - Eclipses activated basically the scenery for all Easter Eggs.

FPSRussia already conformed that it has nothing to do with the Roman emperor unfortunately. Tacitus is just a weapons manufacturer of some sort in BO2

No matter what he said, you can't ignore the small fact that it is true and links up in a round about way.

It is true and I understand that it sounds right because we all had the same idea, but if it has been confirmed that the roman emperor has nothing to do with it then that is that.

Hmm that's another good thought Chris. I noticed Staples Center next door as well a bunch of other convention centers.

But you think they'd make these cryptic coordinates point out something they already told us? I just don't see them making all the coordinates point to the arena where the Playoff game is being held that will show the reveal trailer. I just don't see it being that relevant to the actual reveal. I'd think they'd reveal a more relavent location, like a still unannounced eminent E3 showcase IMO.

Either way, both seem plausible.

I know that with other games, and like GKNOVA, they created an ARG. I may be taking a shot in the dark here, but if those coordinates are pointing there, it might be something towards something actually being there or that will take place. We had the GK case last year and maybe if someone like Covert or another VIP goes out to XP, E3, or a campaign or MP reveal, then these may come in handy as well as the new letters. We may get another pickup of some sort. Again this may be way out there but you never know what Treyarch will pull off.

Idk if it's been mentioned yet but, the new window that says "The enemy could be anywhere and it could be anyone" when slowed down and broken into 14 slides reads this:

1: THW

2: THE EN

3: THE ENEMY

4: THE ENEMY COUZ

5: THE ENEMY COULD BQ

6: THE ENEMY COULD BE AN

7: THE ENEMY COULD BE ANYWHO

8: THE ENEMY COULD BE ANYWHERE

9/10: Same as 8

11: THE ENEMY COULD BE ANYWHERE AND IT

12: THE ENEMY COULD BE ANYWHERE AND IT COULH

13: THE ENEMY COULD BE ANYWHERE AND IT COULD BE A

14: THE ENEMY COULD BE ANYWHERE AND IT COULD BE ANYONE

Five letters that have no business being in the word show up for less than a second when the text shows up.

W,Z,Q,O and H

Any ideas? This could be completely insignifigant but at this point anything could lead to something. Sorry I don't have images my computer isn't posting them but if you save the .gif you can slow it down and see for yourself.

Finally had to make an account and whatnot after reading through this entire thread...thought to search around for this this morning while crusin through the thread, but kind of a moot point now that we know that LA is important, but all of these places share the 34th parallel N with, you guessed it, LA

Guess since this wasn't hit upon after a day or two, they threw even more obvious clues in our faces

I'll try to contribute more helpfully once my brain wakes up, also, wasn't CoD XP help at one of the aforementioned convention centers as well?

Feels like the Portal 2 ARG all over again..waiting for people to inexplicably disappear and leave cryptic messages...

Finally had to make an account and whatnot after reading through this entire thread...thought to search around for this this morning while crusin through the thread, but kind of a moot point now that we know that LA is important, but all of these places share the 34th parallel N with, you guessed it, LA

Guess since this wasn't hit upon after a day or two, they threw even more obvious clues in our faces

I'll try to contribute more helpfully once my brain wakes up, also, wasn't CoD XP help at one of the aforementioned convention centers as well?

hmmm, so if the co-ordinates point to the area where the XP convention was held and where the Basketball game is, that could mean two things:

1. Hint at another Call of Duty XP event, perhaps for release window in November?

2. Hint at the reveal trailer coming May 1st, and I think I heard somewhere that a trailer comes saturday?

Just a random thought, has anybody tried to cross-reference these new hidden letters with the letters from the original numbers gif? Maybe together there is some sort of phrase that reveals itself with the addition of WZQOH? Or maybe not with the original gif, but the one that has now replaced it? Letters flash in that one as well (was able to see a D,C, and B in one frame). I do not at the time have a program in which I could break it down frame by frame, if somebody else does though that would be amazing, would love to confirm or deny my suspicions...

I remember in the Portal ARG they gave us a random jumble of letters in a similar fashion, then one day hidden flickering numbers/letters were found, similar to this, which turned out to be a cipher to decode the previous message. The characters in this new gif only seem to change once, some twice from numbers to letters, perhaps there is something identical going on here?

Day 2:

Bare with me here for a second. The timer in the bottom left corner stops at 4:13. The number 4 in many East Asian countries is considered unlucky because it sounds very similar to their word for "death". The number 13 has a smiler meaning here in America, as many people consider it unlucky as well. And according to Chinese numerology the number 413 means "death throughout lifetime."

Just something I thought was interesting.

#BlackOps 360 hotfix just went live. v64.10.9.13. Routine game maintenance stuff.

From Vonderhaar's Twitter.

It may could be something?

Or maybe it really is just some "maintenance stuff" :lol:

Seems a bit fishy, in the past BO hotfixes have always been very detailed as far as what they are changing or fixing, then again it's only on 360, so who knows

Also found this, never saw it posted in full, just the one picture of the quadrotor in-engine. Contains bunch of behind-the-scenes goodies from the Quadrotor shoot, as well as multiple videos, and some more pictures of the quad in-game in a 'test environment'. Nothing new, sadly, but it's neat to look at

http://digitalwarfare247.com/games/blac ... -quadrotor

Day 2:

Bare with me here for a second. The timer in the bottom left corner stops at 4:13. The number 4 in many East Asian countries is considered unlucky because it sounds very similar to their word for "death". The number 13 has a smiler meaning here in America, as many people consider it unlucky as well. And according to Chinese numerology the number 413 means "death throughout lifetime."

Thats is very interesting i think that it can mean 2 things. 1. a reference to zombies as the are all dead that rose.

2. a sign that the campaign happens in asia and war obviously means death as well

Day 2:

Thats is very interesting i think that it can mean 2 things. 1. a reference to zombies as the are all dead that rose.

2. a sign that the campaign happens in asia and war obviously means death as well

It describes sleeper agents the best. Mason was a sleeper agent in BO1 maybe Russia made a lot of sleeper agents and are planning to attack the states in the US? Your mother, neighbor, teacher could be a russian sleeper agent and they could get triggered at any time, it makes 100% sense.

FIRST POST!!! Anyways... back on topic.

1. "The enemy could be anywhere and be anyone." Terrorists guys, that's what terrorists are all about. My guess is that the game will be based in Desert Storm, and everything else around that time. Not only does that fit with the timeline where Black Ops ended, but...

2. I took the coordinates from the COD site and formatted it based on how coordinate are actually written, leaving off any extra. The location was Iran, which fits with the whole terrorist theory.

I have the numbers that were left off of the three sets of coordinates if anyone wants to figure something out with them:

Day 2:

It describes sleeper agents the best. Mason was a sleeper agent in BO1 maybe Russia made a lot of sleeper agents and are planning to attack the states in the US? Your mother, neighbor, teacher could be a russian sleeper agent and they could get triggered at any time, it makes 100% sense.

Could also be referring to the Vietnam War, although most likely the tail end, early to mid-70s, if we are still going with the direct sequel idea. An excerpt from a page on the war..."The Viet Cong would attack in ambushes, set up booby traps, and escape through a complex network of underground tunnels. For U.S. forces, even just finding their enemy proved difficult. In every village, U.S. troops had difficulty determining which, if any, villagers were the enemy since even women and children could build booby traps or help house and feed the Viet Cong." Fits the bill, I'd say.

New update and surprisingly it went up at exactly 0399999.99 maybe there might be an actual pattern to these updates.

Still not there for me :

Yes i know that i was talking about wat i am richtofen about the numbers meaning death and bad luck. but i didn't say witch one i meant

"The enemy could be anywhere and could be anyone"

It kind of reminds me of the email which Evelyn Cross sent to JFK.

She proposes the final offer and JFK should reconsider before they leave Berlin or his life will be in danger. Along with saying "their people are everywhere".

Meh.

the timer starts at 3:23, which could be pointing at the the zombie map pack last year which released on March 23rd. rezurrection also had a zombie map on the moon, which could've been in the crater called "Tacitus".

in the fps russia video, one of the dummys at the poker game is holding cards, the one in the center being the ace of spades.. the ace of spades card in world at war was the card that referred to the zombie mode.

in the quadrotor video, fpsrussia thanks his friend Yuri.. Yuri is a main character who died in mw3... or did he? maybe Yuri is going to be in black ops 2?

maybe they're droppin all sorts of hints for this game in all of these videos, or im just seeing what i want to see lol

right now i'm at a Zombie Base on the moon, yuri is back from the dead..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhku5TGYjNA

oh, and also those coordinates dont point to the convention center or the staples center.. they point direclty in the middle of the street.. someone should go stand there, maybe you'll find black ops 2 on the ground

Yeah the strange thing is that the coordinate keep changing at first it was the staples center then the convention center and now the middle of the street i might have mixed the first 2 up