Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

The double meanings towards zombies is the key to everything, but we must remember that GKnova6 did not directly relate to zombies out of the gate. Consider that tacitus relates to being silent. IE, classified. ;)

At the same time, if this website really does relate, we need to be ready for whatever it throws at us.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tags:

drone

quadrotor

prototype

future

prototype quadrotor

future quadrotor

fps russia

fps

russia

fps-russia

professional russian

fpsrussia

black ops

woods

zombie poker parties

tacitus

future weapons

future weapons manufacturer

future weapons company

tacitus t-shirt

t-shirt

call of duty future weapons

guns

call of duty

near future warfare

Regards Alpha.

When i think of those tags i just think that Tacitus is a company that manufacturers future weapons and Group 935 or the Ascension Group gets the weapons sent back through the teleporters to use. Maybe the Next Wonder Weapon is made in the future and it got sent back to one of the teleporters?

Probably already discovered by someone else, but...

http://tacitus.com/images/

Sorry, but this was discovered and it was confirmed that FPSRussia that the Tacitus COD and FPSRussia are referring to, has nothing to do with the LLC, or the Website, orrr the Roman Emperor. Good Luck Next Time, hopefully we can figure this mystery out!

When did he say the Website has nothing to do with it? I just checked all his tweets and he only denied it involving the Roman guy.

It can't be a coincidence that this website launches the same day Treyarch teases tacitus.

Can we please let tacitus.com die? Pretty please?

So Tacitus is a future weapons company right?

It should be in the Campaign than. The first trailers and hints have always referred to the Campaign and Multiplayer first.

Whether it's in Zombies though is another story. It does have potential, hell, the Ascension Group were featured in both the BO's Campaign and Zombies, so there's no reason why this group couldn't be as well.

I think we are overlooking the Zombie Poker Parties tag.. I think it is a hint that the zombies being more intelligent then before. In this video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed_lPZrDBTA ) xJawz is referring that Yuri will be back in Black Ops 2 even though he is dead. Maybe he is training the Zombies idk all I know is Zombies aren't smart enough to play poker.. although I didn't know they liked orange soda either.

Personally, i think the main reason people still think tacitus.com is related is because of how much of a coincidence the whole re-vamping of it is. I mean, they revamp the site on the exact day that the black ops 2 viral goes up? I can see why people would find it hard to ignore that. I mean, FPS Russia saying it has nothing to do with anything is pretty conclusive evidence. Really, I think Tacitus us going to be an Apeture Science style thing. Developing future weapons and technology. But then the qeustion comes is what the date the game is set will be. If they're implementing experimental Quad Rotors, then the game must be set in the near future. If so, then how on earth can this be a direct sequel to Black Ops? This is really starting to confuse me...

Personally, i think the main reason people still think tacitus.com is related is because of how much of a coincidence the whole re-vamping of it is. I mean, they revamp the site on the exact day that the black ops 2 viral goes up? I can see why people would find it hard to ignore that. I mean, FPS Russia saying it has nothing to do with anything is pretty conclusive evidence. Really, I think Tacitus us going to be an Apeture Science style thing. Developing future weapons and technology. But then the qeustion comes is what the date the game is set will be. If they're implementing experimental Quad Rotors, then the game must be set in the near future. If so, then how on earth can this be a direct sequel to Black Ops? This is really starting to confuse me...

There was Death Machine in Black Ops so the quadrotor doesn't mean it actually will be set in the near future.

I sure hope it doesn't. Then I have seen this fuzz about campaign having zombies and all that well that would be even more stupid plot.

I believe that Black Ops 2 will continue from the scene where Mason is looking at Kennedy and then suddenly the number broadcast starts again.

Hinting that Rusalka ship wasn't the only numbers station. So Mason maybe kills Kennedy like Dragovich had planned. Or some one stops him doing it for example Hudson.

Then CIA starts the hunting of Hudson, Mason and Weaver. They on the other hand might try to look for Woods and Reznov. And this whole thing ties some how to this Tacitus weapons manufacturer.

There was Death Machine in Black Ops so the quadrotor doesn't mean it actually will be set in the near future.

I sure hope it doesn't. Then I have seen this fuzz about campaign having zombies and all that well that would be even more stupid plot.

I believe that Black Ops 2 will continue from the scene where Mason is looking at Kennedy and then suddenly the number broadcast starts again.

Hinting that Rusalka ship wasn't the only numbers station. So Mason maybe kills Kennedy like Dragovich had planned. Or some one stops him doing it for example Hudson.

Then CIA starts the hunting of Hudson, Mason and Weaver. They on the other hand might try to look for Woods and Reznov. And this whole thing ties some how to this Tacitus weapons manufacturer.

Isn't there that... Operation Charyblis... or something like that? It was written about in the BO Intel.

Okay, I'm WAAAAAYYYY behind on all of this, and I have only had time to read through the most recent posts, so apologies if I sound stupid, or repeat stuff that has already been disproven etc... PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!

Right, my take; So far we have the Quadrotor, and the word Tacitus. It has already been denied that Tacitus has no link to historical figures, or any website, so I think we can rule that out. The general consensus from what I can see is that they are some sort of weapons manufacturing company, that possibly made the Quadrotor. As of yet there is no confirmation of any of this however.

So, we are still looking? Right, then this is where I think we should go. The word TACITUS, is clearly going to be a key part of the viral. Similar to GKNova6, TACITUS will most likely have some sort of link to the campaign, and possibly to zombies. Nova6, as we all know, was one of the focuses of the campaign, and was alo heavily involved in zombies.

My first suggestion. As of yet, we still do not know of the origins of many of the Wonder Weapons. TACITUS is said to be a 'future weapons company', so perhaps they in fact made the Wonder Weapons themselves? Is it not possible that this company is actually trying to HELP the heroes? Perhaps they have been back in time, and in fact saw what Richtofen did and tried to combat against him to try and stop the destruction of the Earth? Or perhaps the opposite! Maybe they made the weapons to AID Richtofen in his quest for world domination?

Suggestion two. It is still possible that we have not confirmed the meaning of the word TACITUS. I propose this. perhaps the meaning isn't TACITUS, perhaps it is T.A.C.I.T.U.S. Maybe we need to be looking for an anagram rather than a meaning...

That's all for now. I will post again when I'm not supposed to be doing college work :lol: Please correct me if I have made any mistakes, or anything cannot be true!

-Jolteon

My first suggestion. As of yet, we still do not know of the origins of many of the Wonder Weapons. TACITUS is said to be a 'future weapons company', so perhaps they in fact made the Wonder Weapons themselves?

-Jolteon

I doubt they made the wonder weapons, seeing as Porter made the ray gun, thundergun by Clarke or Gersch and the wonderwaffle by Richtofen.

However, if there are new wonder weapons included with the new game, then perhaps they could of made them? :? Of course we won't know this until we can actually get our hands on it.

My first suggestion. As of yet, we still do not know of the origins of many of the Wonder Weapons. TACITUS is said to be a 'future weapons company', so perhaps they in fact made the Wonder Weapons themselves?

-Jolteon

I doubt they made the wonder weapons, seeing as Porter made the ray gun, thundergun by Clarke or Gersch and the wonderwaffle by Richtofen.

However, if there are new wonder weapons included with the new game, then perhaps they could of made them? :? Of course we won't know this until we can actually get our hands on it.

Maxis made Ray Gun

Thundergun, we don't know. Richtofen thinks Maxis made it.

Gersch was made by well Dr. Gersch

And yes Wunderwaffe DG-2 was made by Richtofen as well as Monkey Bomb.

Perhaps Tacitus is the result of George Romero's expedition.

Obviously those 4 would have some sort of connection or way out, and whatever extraction group came to get them would have stumbled onto some intriguing technologies.

And of coarse, the VR-11.

And what better way to weaponize the zombies without fearing your own safety....

when you have the cure :twisted:

Not much of a coincidence, I remember seeing an article explaining that Howard has been planning on relaunching tacitus.com in 2012, he obviously saw the huge increase in traffic as an opportunity to re-launch his company and get attention. Which he has received, but in all the wrong ways.

I was looking up things actually relating to Quadrotor, and some links appeared referring to a Quadrotor swarm, nano bots and stuff, although it may be unrelated theres been a lot about weaponising it, with bioweaponry and stuff. Still its an interesting read. I'm just trying to look at things over than Tacitus, as every over search seems to go back to Ahnenerbe, that I posted about on page three, and noone took any interest in that, so I assume its not significant but if anyone is curious with Ahnenerbe, then they were part of the SS and did operation all other the planet relating to ancient history, and in some cases bio-weaponry.

it's also strange the amount of stuff about Nanotechnology and quadrotor

I was also looking up things relating to Yuri, and found this on the Biopreparat and a Yuri Ovchinnikov. It was a system of 18, nominally civilian, research laboratories and centers scattered chiefly around European Russia, in which a small army of scientists and technicians developed biological weapons such as anthrax, Ebola, Marburg virus, plague, Q fever, Junin virus, glanders, and smallpox. It was the largest producer of weaponized anthrax in the Soviet Union and was a leader in the development of new bioweapons technologies.

theres some stuff on wikipedia about it, and a few other sites.

I had an idea

GKnova6 sounds a lot like the company G&K (who make air freshiners and soap despensers and just about every thing else)

and Tacitus sounds a lot like the company Tacitus,who make weapons and such

maybe Treyarch is using these companies as scapegoats to lead the general pubulic away from the real anwser