Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx, just thought maybe it had something to do with it. Ehh, anyway, did anybody else notice the fact that the April 25th classified date is missing from callofduty.com now? :?: :?: :?: It was pointed out by someone on the forums recently.

Yeah, I noticed that. Maybe to give people time to figure out this Tacitus stuff.

FpsRussia just tweeted this pic:

http://twitpic.com/9diwk8

The first things I noticed were his lenses in his sunglasses and the logo on cap on his head,

so i Googled Ace Of Spades & Skull And Crossbones and came up with this image:

It turns out that that image is a death card used by U.S marines as a sort of calling card to the viet cong, they would place a death card in dead viet cong mouths to let them know that the U.S marines did it.

According to many of the images at tacitus.com / images, Tacitus is focused in computing. Not only that, but specifically computational biology. The Roman Tacitus is most likely not linked to any of this, however there is an image of him on the Tacitus images page. TACITUS is also an abduction-based system for text understanding, developed by Jerry R. Hobbs. Hobbs was a leading researcher in the fields of computation linguistics and artificial intelligence.He was employed at the Artificial Intelligence Center at SRI International from 1977 to 2002. In 1986, Hobbs published "Overview of the TACITCUS Project." I encourage you to read it, though it may or may not pertain to this Tacitus. It is note worthy however that the Tacitus in question does specialize in the same fields as Hobbs, who developed the Tacitus system. The Tacitus Project logo is called a toroid, though I don't know specifically what kind. It is peculiar how it resembles the Treyarch logo. Also, the odd looking circle symbol on all of the classified images on the Call of Duty page, I believe that has something to do with computing, and computer chips. I don't claim to be avid in computing, however the symbol does look a lot like the cover of Pendulum's "In Silico" So, in short, I'm getting a very biotechnological feel from all of this. Not to mention, the mix of biology and computer technology, in terms of storing and retrieving data, ties in rather well with the storyline of Black Ops. As you may recall, Mason held the numbers within his mind, much like a biological computer. Tacitus as a military controlled Artificial Intelligence research group in the BO2 story would make a lot of sense, whether Tacitus.com actually has anything to do with it or not.

P.S. - search "tacitus project" on Google. Click the first link for "Overview of the TACITUS Project"

How long did this take to crack?

Not long at all.

We are the flesh starved zombie horde, Treyarch just threw us a slice of our next victim...

Plus, I've been a fan of FPSrussia since I saw him kill his copy of MW2. :lol::lol::lol:

f22BMXHGGxE

Regards Alpha.

P.s. This is solved. Tactius is a future weapons manufacturer as others have stated...

How long did this take to crack?

Not long at all.

We are the flesh starved zombie horde, Treyarch just threw us a slice of our next victim...

Plus, I've been a fan of FPSrussia since I saw him kill his copy of MW2. :lol::lol::lol:

f22BMXHGGxE

Regards Alpha.

P.s. This is solved. Tactius is a future weapons manufacturer as others have stated...

I was a fan of him back when he still did gameplay commentaries :P

Also, you couldn't of said it better, I can't wait to see your expansive theories on zombies. :lol:

Probably already discovered by someone else, but...

http://tacitus.com/images/

Sorry, but this was discovered and it was confirmed that FPSRussia that the Tacitus COD and FPSRussia are referring to, has nothing to do with the LLC, or the Website, orrr the Roman Emperor. Good Luck Next Time, hopefully we can figure this mystery out!

When did he say the Website has nothing to do with it? I just checked all his tweets and he only denied it involving the Roman guy.

It can't be a coincidence that this website launches the same day Treyarch teases tacitus.