Do people still play MW2?

Okay, so yesterday I got MW2. (No, not MW3. And I'll never spend my money on it.)

I just would like to know if enough people still play it, as since I'm never getting MW3 I just thought I'd get MW2 instead.

And if enough people are still playing, is it worth it to get the map packs?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I find that i can only get games over 100 ms ping now, which is sad, making the game unplayable.

I can play waw and bo2 and mw3 fine (i won't play bo1 unless zombies), so I don't understand the terrible ping issue with mw2.

It is my all time favorite cod mp.

Waw had fun maps, arguably too big (not to me though).

Mw2 had great maps, lots of hidden spots to climb into.

Bo obviously ha the worst maps in cod.

Mw3 was slightly less bad than bo maps, actually it was a lot better, but bo was so bad that it isn't hard to make better maps.

Bo2 maps are surprisingly decent, given the utter garbage that was bo.

• 3 months later...

Not sure what platform you play on but I've gone back to old CoD games after being completely burnt out on Black Ops 2. I've been playing a decent amount of Team Deathmatch on Mw2 (Ps3) lately and seems like it's still fairly populated.

Lobbies fill up quickly, no problem finding games, solid connections, no sign of hackers. The only problem is some players like to put together some OP setups to be annoying so I'm quick to leave lobbies when the tubes start flying.

As far as Ps3 goes, Mw2 was the last CoD that consistently runs smooth and had the best hit detection of the series. CoD4 is kinda dead and laggy. WaW is completely hacked.