NML from 290 to 300, how?

Tom852

Found the motivation, after all the 2ml runs with hands, to try that stuff solo. Well, was worth it, reached 290 after about 100 restarts ;)

But what do i need to do differently?

So I did hands' 90s pap strat, buy the perk, then I do the circle at this back swamp thing there, which I consider a nice mix between safe and fast.

And I end up with 287. I knife a bit till i get bored, land at 290 in the end.

So how do I make 300? Or is it in the end just luck if you get 290 or 300+?

Here's the vid, it's very low quality without sound and unlisted. Wanna make the 300+ public ;) Damn, NML catched me, shit :lol: Just wanna use the opportunity to thank you all guys for all the strategy input and everything. I just copied your strats basically ;)

BYGN6Xe1q0Y

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff mate. Overall very well played, I think the only thing that stopped you from getting over the 300 line here is the part between getting your PaP and going to the back pool - if you'd taken that group out instead of leading them to the back pool, you would have had respawners coming in as you made your way to the back.

It's very important to take the groups out as quickly as you can in the early stages; they'll be weaker which means less ammo wasted, which will be saved for later and 2 shots can mean the difference between 290 and 300 kills.

Yeah, I thought it would be that part. Still having many probs with it. Pap works well, but then Jug not so... Teleporting Dogs all over the place and so on, so still trying how to deal with it. However, had some good runs already. One looked greath, had about 30 kills more after 5min as in the vid above, but then got blocked at the back pool by dumb dogs that are where they are not supposed to be ;)

Yeah even when you've mastered NML, you'll still only get amzing games from time to time. Even if you've got the skills, you'll still rely on luck with the spawns and stuff for things to go right from start to finish. A lot of this luck has to be forced of course, there's no way an inexperienced player is getting a 300 kill game off of pure luck.

Maybe its just that what made this 290 run. You have no clue what you are doing, so you focus like hell. And it works quite well. I was extremely surprised that I could go to 290, I did never think of it. I would have been happy if I achieved a Pap/Jug combo within a few hours of trying NML.

Today, I was trying for many hours. But I guess I felt already a bit too comfortable and didn't respect the difficulty anymore. So I never got past 5 minutes today.

It's very similar to the Random/Private thought. When do you play better? Inexperienced or experienced? I guess that's why I managed a very well run quite in the beginning, and now I'm in a deep deep hole which I can only get out of with practice and many routine.