CODZ youtube - NEW INTRO IN ORIGINAL POST (opinions please)

Chopper

Here's an idea that I had been playing around with.

We start off with this footage: http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-13 ... indow.html

Then we have blood splatter on to the window which forms around the words Call of Duty Zombies. It's extremely simplistic but I believe it would accurately get the point across.

It's also $80 for decent quality.... lol, also the CG involved in forming the words would be almost impossible to get to look right, or at least kind of natural/super-natural looking..

The blood splatter wouldn't be forming the words. The words would already be there, but hidden until the blood splatter hits the window. The blood would then flow around the words, thus showing their existence.

And yes, the footage does cost a bit of money, but it would be worth it.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea that I had been playing around with.

We start off with this footage: http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-13 ... indow.html

Then we have blood splatter on to the window which forms around the words Call of Duty Zombies. It's extremely simplistic but I believe it would accurately get the point across.

It's also $80 for decent quality.... lol, also the CG involved in forming the words would be almost impossible to get to look right, or at least kind of natural/super-natural looking..

The blood splatter wouldn't be forming the words. The words would already be there, but hidden until the blood splatter hits the window. The blood would then flow around the words, thus showing their existence.

And yes, the footage does cost a bit of money, but it would be worth it.

Hmm... I'm not sure I understand, but you seem to and I'm sure you'll be able to do it lol!

Well, of course is a cool intro cool and not to underestimate. But it is one thing and the whole discussion is now about the intro. Don't misunderstand me, but the channel won't get 100'000 subbers because we have an intro.

Shouldn't we also discuss about the concept of the channel? I'm just bringing in this point because I do not yet understand how the channel is supposed to work in the future.

How will the channel work and what is its purpose? Who creates content, what will the content be, who records, who comments, who is advertising who and how, how can the channel be promoted. Shall the channel start with BO2 or shall we already start now doing it. How will people send in videos, who are the channel administrators. Who is in charge of this project? Is a partnership planned, and how will be dealt with possible financial aspects?

The OP mentioned easter egg guides for example. I think a massive cool thing would be if we had for example a EE investigation team, that competes to .... forgot the guys name ... and basically that we would have the first easter egg guide up and stuff. Community is here, some of us might find a step, and this stuff spreads around like hell. So if only one machinima channel mentions "and then callofdutyzombies.com" found this step here, bling bling, there comes the viewers.

So I hope you see my point, I'm rather thinking of advertisment and content. We have the community!

Let's say Black Ops 2 comes out, and we are organized. Within less then a few hours, the following stuff could be up our channel. And if so, no one cares anymore what the intro was. The previews looke awesome, I'm not afraid of the intro. What I'm afraid of is that it'll be an unorganized random content channel, and that is lethal for it. All we need is content, and we need it fast and at the right time upped. 2-3-4 horus after BO2 release, we need the following stuff up the channel, and we do not need to worry about intros, views, subbers, or partnership:

-have an easter egg guide up for the new BO2 maps (team 1a is doing it, team 1b-1xyz is supporting them with own investigations and watching what others have found)

-have a 'story news' video series (team 2: radios, characters, speeches, whatever might be new and relevant)

-have a 'gameplay news' video series up (team 3: perks, guns, map layouts.....)

All it needs a community. And that is exactly what callofdutyzombies.com is. Goodbye Syndicate, goodbye Machinima, hello callofdutyzombies.com. I'm not talking aobut the deep stuff, that you need to investigate months. For example for the weapons, just do test each gun 2-3minutes, do a lil presentation. Say like "yeah this one shoots quite slow, it seems not to do damage, it seems not to be the ultimate hardcore gun". Just be superficial, but be fast. I'm pretty sure that this is more or less the key for views and subbers, that you do not have to arrange arduously by promotion work.

That is my point of view ;)

I can do some videos since I got a capture card coming in. But I think that might be only for staff members

This is truly not for staff members only. Staff members will only approve videos and then upload.

On the topic of the CoDz youtube channel, is Choppernator going to put up his PaP all guns without perks Kino gameplay he was talking about doing? Syndicate did it with perks, and got extremely high, So I have high hopes that Chopper will try and complete this task.

I completed this Piep, I got to round 39 where I had my first death and so I suicided after that.

This is part 3 of the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBWTmLLv_QU

I suppose it could be re-edited and put onto CODZ if people thought it should go there. It would only be worth it in my opinion if we could upload it as some kind of response to syndicates original video and have him mention it on his channel.....something like here is what the guys over at CODZ can do.

Tom - to gain new viewers who will rewatch, will link to others and will help it to grow we need the following first: As much content as possible from BO, before any new trailer comes out for BO2. We then need content as soon as possible for when the game is released.

I don't believe we can gain a huge amount of new subs before then, but once people go searching for this stuff we want them to hit to CODZ channel, watch a trailer (or a breakdown of one) and then have a look at what else is on the channel. Now, in this case we would need quality footage from BO to keep them interested. If we play it right I believe that the channel could explode around September. The most interesting thing to me is definitely the community aspect of it. More and more people are making videos now and looking for good places to upload them. I believe that our channel would appeal to people if they believed that one day they could get a video on to it, by firstly becoming active members of the site.

Why are we talking so much about the intro? Only because we do not want to upload anything new until we have a professional intro to use. I'm virtually ready with the first strategy video. I will be semi managing this side of the channel for the minute, but not in the sense that you may think. I'm not here to tell you whether something is good or bad, to have the final editing say etc. I'm only here to manage the work that hopefully CODZ members will be doing. Ideally we want a strategy guide done for each map, both solo and co-op. We have maybe at minimum 10 strategy guides written for each different map.

We need 20 different sets of gameplay footage, 20 different commentators, from 20 different guides. Potentially 60 different people, all CODZ members who have had a collaboration into these videos. This is likely to be reduced to a few regular people, but only if we can't find enough to do the parts individually.

We would need an EE guide for each map, storyline breakdowns etc.

Moving forward to BO2's release you are completely right Tom. We need stuff out ASAP, and we then need it to be promoted hard. It's a bit of a snowball effect, if you get great content up quickly and publicly you can get a rush come to you hard. We do have a few different users who can really help out with this part.

I want to re answer a query that you had Tom - why should I be doing this work for you for no reward?

Ok, firstly this is not for me or any of the staff personally. We would not be making anything out of this. Hopefully in the future it could potentially make money, which could be used to improve the site. What could users get out of it though? Simple, exposure. The channel already has 600 subs or so, for a lot of people on here an audience of 600 is currently out of their league. If we get it right this number of subs is going to grow, hopefully huge. This will make it much more appealing for someone to work hard on a video and then upload to the channel, rather than directly to their own.

Eventually we would want to have a few directors who could put exclusive content onto the channel reguarly, as well as having member uploads done on either a competition basis or just an open standard. I am keen to ensure that the footage is of a certain standard, and it does not just become ZSN 2 with some good and some truly awful. But this is quite a way away, and it will take a lot of work between now and then.

CODZ is definitely the most community orientated site that I've ever been a part of, lets try and show that now by making a community effort to get this thing going.

If you are at all interested in commentating, or making a gameplay video from one of the existing guides on here please let it be known in this thread, so the staff can organise exactly who will be doing what. If you want to do an EE guide, please again let it be known.

Thank you :)

Hey guys, CJ and I have been working on improving this intro, with some kind of dissolve effect into our logo.

EGWEDnUFTeY

What do you think the intro is like this, and the skull image is disolved/twisted/shattered etc into the logo that CCM worked on?

Hmmm sorry Chopper and CJ, I know you would have put a lot of work into that, but I just feel that our intro needs to have a big CoDZ written in blood or something... Y'know, just to make it that little bit more a part of us... What you did was really good though and I would be happy to use it!

-Jolteon

Hmmm sorry Chopper and CJ, I know you would have put a lot of work into that, but I just feel that our intro needs to have a big CoDZ written in blood or something... Y'know, just to make it that little bit more a part of us... What you did was really good though and I would be happy to use it!

-Jolteon

Hi Jolteon, thanks for the feedback. What I posted is only the first 10 seconds or so, this will then transition into a codz logo, and I too have been thinking about blood!

-Jolteon

Hi Jolteon, thanks for the feedback. What I posted is only the first 10 seconds or so, this will then transition into a codz logo, and I too have been thinking about blood!

Ah, okay this intro just became WIN!

-Jolteon

The sound editing is terrible, to call it by its name.

It must be perfectly synchronized to the image and stop when there is no more typing.

Where is the marker sound effect that strikes the text?

There also needs to be some background sound there. Now, this is very dry. I'm thinking of a little background sound that builds up some drama, makes it thrilling and exciting. Maybe a very simple one is enough, for example a conitnuous base tone. Or maybe some tritonus or something, that solves himself to the quint when codz comes in. Add some dynamics and it can already be enough.

Then when there come in the key words story, strategy, matches, there must be a "distinct sound" on each of those keywords. Some Bang or Woosh or whatever. Right now I hardly see the words. They must be "BAAANG WE ARE STORY BAAANG WE ARE STRATEGY BAAAAANG HERE YOU FIND PLAYERS!" I must be "wtf how awesome is that?" Not like "Story strategy whut? Meh I watch something else".

I could also think of a modulated voice reading those keywords.

How callofdutyzombies.com comes in looks too amateur like.

Ok thanks for the feedback.

The reason the sound is so screwed at the min is simply because I didn't want to spend a long time working on synching it, if it will not be used. As people seem to like that effect then I will remap it all. In this video it is the same 2 second sound repeated for 8 seconds with a weird overlay which happened when I speed up and then merged the files.

It's the same with the way CODZ drops, I didn't spend any time on the position points so they aren't synched and don't follow any kind of pattern. I've asked for suggestions on the sounds, I was thinking of potentially using some character quotes, or some of the in game various noises - end of round, start, teleporter, box laugh.

I just don't want to put any more time in than I already have until I know exactly what needs to be done. Then I will polish the crap out of it :)

Ahh, got it ;)

I thought it shall be some kind of 'final' version, that could possibly be used. I wouldn't take too many ingame sounds tbh. Actually maybe none.

I just tried to find some example. Check this one. Imho this is very lame, but it still feels not soo bad, just because it uses sound properly. So don't underestimate ;)

_FcXHtOFhJ0

• 2 months later...

Ahh, got it ;)

I thought it shall be some kind of 'final' version, that could possibly be used. I wouldn't take too many ingame sounds tbh. Actually maybe none.

I just tried to find some example. Check this one. Imho this is very lame, but it still feels not soo bad, just because it uses sound properly. So don't underestimate ;)

_FcXHtOFhJ0

That's way too long IMO. Between 5-10 seconds is right, I think.

• 7 months later...

Alright so - regardless of what the intro is...

the last post on the CODZ youtube was 4 months ago. There is no Black Ops 2 content whatsoever - other than a text and image only video describing how you can get Nuketown Zombies.

Could someone post a list of the staff members we can submit videos for approval to?

• Moderators

the last post on the CODZ youtube was 4 months ago. There is no Black Ops 2 content whatsoever - other than a text and image only video describing how you can get Nuketown Zombies.

Could someone post a list of the staff members we can submit videos for approval to?

Yep,there really should be some nice content on there.

Hopefully something will be done on it in the future.

When you submit, you can simply type in "Moderators" in To field. That should do it.

When you submit, you can simply type in "Moderators" in To field. That should do it.

fantastic, thanks so much - Way!

Yes, I've always thought the youtube channel was underused. But it wasn't a problem back when CoDz was thriving, but...,now, it's a problem.

That's why I attempted to bump this thread with my post above ^^

I hope this just gets some acknowledgment in time, before it's...too late.

• 1 month later...

Well... here's a 720 version of the DIE RISE intro I got using my capture device. Can we add it to the youtube? Do y'all just rip it with keepvid or something? Feel free to throw the intro (whatever version of it) on the start if it looks good.

jck0cR7CR2I

We NEED to get the youtube up to date. I've been guilty of not acting on it since my last post, but it is IMPERATIVE imo. What do people want to see? Gameplay? Strategy? Comedy? C'mon guys, I know you're all so creative - let's make some top notch content. If you have a capture device, please post your videos here. We need all the help we can get!