CODZ youtube - NEW INTRO IN ORIGINAL POST (opinions please)

Chopper

One: ccm404e is most qualified for this, since he has run a pretty successful channel, Komahna Tango.

Two: I ran the CoDZL Youtube for a WHILE, even when it wasn't too active with help from cjdog, nemesis, and Alpha, and would be GLAD to help with this one. (link here.)

I would love to see the channel prosper, and draw more fans as BO 2 comes out.

Keep in mind, ANY scoop we have on the upcoming game should be posted on the channel to lure new members to us.

Just food for thought,

Shapeshifter.

What about me, Waffles and Strwrsbob? I'd say our channels are pretty popular :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One: ccm404e is most qualified for this, since he has run a pretty successful channel, Komahna Tango.

Two: I ran the CoDZL Youtube for a WHILE, even when it wasn't too active with help from cjdog, nemesis, and Alpha, and would be GLAD to help with this one. (link here.)

Keep in mind, ANY scoop we have on the upcoming game should be posted on the channel to lure new members to us.

Just food for thought,

Shapeshifter.

What about me, Waffles and Strwrsbob? I'd say our channels are pretty popular :D

My channel is kind of popular :cry: I just can't hold on to a subscriber base, but I think the reasons for that are fairly obvious haha

Just food for thought,

Shapeshifter.

Yeah, but you guys would be busy with YOUR channel, haha!

Just food for thought,

Shapeshifter.

Yeah, but you guys would be busy with YOUR channel, haha!

Haha true, we've all decided to pitch in on the channel, how much we will do content wise is something to question but we'll be doing a lot of behind the scenes work. :)

I think having influences from very successful channels already would benefit the CoDz Youtube greatly, but I also think that it would need a lot of new commentators to help make it seem brand new and give it that little bit more excitement! I think that for tutorials and stuff then accomplished Youtubers would be better, but for theories and stratergies then new Youtubers could provide something new!

-Jolteon

Hey cov, could you PM me the AE project file for that intro? I'd like to take a look at it :D

EDIT - thanks! Here's what I came up with based on that default template, feel free to add audio :/ lol

Unfortuntaly the project file was created in CS5.5 so you wouldn't be able to open it if I PM'ed it to you Cov :/

I'll work on converting it to CS4

Hey cov, could you PM me the AE project file for that intro? I'd like to take a look at it :D

EDIT - thanks! Here's what I came up with based on that default template, feel free to add audio :/ lol

Unfortuntaly the project file was created in CS5.5 so you wouldn't be able to open it if I PM'ed it to you Cov :/

I'll work on converting it to CS4

I've got CS5, it just happened to be that the original project file was created in CS4. :P

We wouldn't be able to use the riffs from BO, it's against copyright.

I have lots and lots of sound effects which I can use, I'll find some and work with Nick, CCM and CJ to get the project completed.

If you're ever unsure about something copyright related, my cousin is one of the major heads of copyright at youtube (he's worked with them since before they merged with google) and he can answer any questions. Here's the Happy Tree Friends spoof my cousin explaining the rules of copyright. Yes, it's cheesy, but it helps with most questions about the topic.

Eh here is my shot at some bg.. comes off '90's-ish to me tho, might just be the crappy recording quality my integrated sound card is though... It sounds perfectly fine when I moniter it through the comp but recording always sounds like crap no matter what quality settings i use....

P.S. i've never taken piano lessons, and I probably have less then 2 hours of experience on one in my life (and that's just messing around), so please don't judge too harsh haha (jk, judge away! it's how you get better ;) )

I'm loving CJ's intro music. It's like halfway between sherwood's riff, and the Halloween theme song (which is one of my favorite horror themes of all-time)

I swear this kid never ceases to amaze me [brains]

However I have a couple suggestions on how to fine-tune it to add more horror feel...

Add some reverb so the track so that it sounds like it's in a deep scary place, rather than right next to you.

Add just a touch of distortion to it. Maybe vinyl record crackles will do.

Render the track out in a lower bitrate so it sounds more gritty.

As for the intro animation itself is awesome too. But I feel like it needs more of a reveal saying that this is for callofdutyzombies.com

I get the theme, but I dont see the branding

P.S. I'm aware I'm a harsh critic. Take it with a grain of salt

I'm loving CJ's intro music. It's like halfway between sherwood's riff, and the Halloween theme song (which is one of my favorite horror themes of all-time)

I swear this kid never ceases to amaze me [brains]

However I have a couple suggestions on how to fine-tune it to add more horror feel...

Add some reverb so the track so that it sounds like it's in a deep scary place, rather than right next to you.

Add just a touch of distortion to it. Maybe vinyl record crackles will do.

Render the track out in a lower bitrate so it sounds more gritty.

As for the intro animation itself is awesome too. But I feel like it needs more of a reveal saying that this is for callofdutyzombies.com

I get the theme, but I dont see the branding

P.S. I'm aware I'm a harsh critic. Take it with a grain of salt

Thanks! I think chopper is working on a way to get it to segue into CMM's codz intro for better branding!

Here's an idea that I had been playing around with.

We start off with this footage: http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-13 ... indow.html

Then we have blood splatter on to the window which forms around the words Call of Duty Zombies. It's extremely simplistic but I believe it would accurately get the point across.

It's also $80 for decent quality.... lol, also the CG involved in forming the words would be almost impossible to get to look right, or at least kind of natural/super-natural looking..