CODZ youtube - NEW INTRO IN ORIGINAL POST (opinions please)

Chopper

Hey Guys,

So a few of us have been working towards an intro for CODZ. This is just one idea brought to life. I'm going to look at CCM's files later and see what I can do with those.

SUc5VZ-KIQo

From the meeting earlier today there was some brief discussion about CODZ youtube and the lack of usage that it sees.

Some of us have been talking about what we need to do to enable it to grow and help direct traffic to the site, as well as improving the site as a whole.

The first thing is definitely content. We are lucky to have within our staff 3 popular youtuber's who can assist us with getting people to see it. However, until there is good content they can't direct anyone!

Around August, when more and more information starts coming out around BO2 the site will become busier. We have between now and then to get the channel to the level which this site deserves.

What do we need?

Firstly we need an introduction. I'm asking if there is anyone on this site who is experienced in high end 3d imaging and animated design who can assist with this. You can work with some of the staff on what is required. This work will be placed at the beginning of any video that goes on the channel.

Secondly we need good quality content.

Ideally we would need the following - Easter Egg guides for all the current maps, Song guides, Strategy guides, commentaries and random gameplay. We have enough people on this forum, who have strong interests in one or more of these areas who can and are making videos. I'm going to start by making a strategy video for Nacht solo. I will be using Superhands guide with my own twist, and another member is commentating. 3 different users coming together to create content for CODZ.

If people show an interest in helping with any of this work we will split the sections up between the staff to arrange for who is going to be doing what.

Once BO2 trailers come out we can see if we can put these on there. Commentaries from guys like ROFL in response to trailers. Initially we may not get too many new subscribers but if we have a great channel in place in time for the influx of users, it will only grow.

There have been ideas such as video of the week, or month. This would be a great way for users who may not have many subs to get a piece of themselves onto a channel which hopefully will be booming.

From the meeting last night people seemed eager to help out with this as much as possible. Please let us know what you are willing to do. Any content created will have been created for CODZ, your community.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This are all great ideas mate. There are some of us on here that from time to time upload strategy and tutorial vids on our YT pages, we could then submit those vids to whoever will be in charge of adding the intro so they can download it from YT and add the intro. Maybe give said person access to the YT channel so they can upload it.

I was lucky enough to have Carbon give me access to the YT, so I can do whatever needs doing. I have a pretty popular YT channel of my own, Atomicfilms95, and can use that to "advertise" so to speak. But yeah, I have thought on many occasions that the CoDZ Youtube is very underused. Liam posted an awesome video on how to use the team-mate finder, so i'd go check that out. But I can guarantee that once Zombie info gets released, and trailers start popping up, there will be much more content on there, don't you worry :D

I was lucky enough to have Carbon give me access to the YT, so I can do whatever needs doing. I have a pretty popular YT channel of my own, Atomicfilms95, and can use that to "advertise" so to speak. But yeah, I have thought on many occasions that the CoDZ Youtube is very underused. Liam posted an awesome video on how to use the team-mate finder, so i'd go check that out. But I can guarantee that once Zombie info gets released, and trailers start popping up, there will be much more content on there, don't you worry :D

That's fantastic. Ideally all stuff uploaded should be staff approved as a group.

I just saw that video, it's very good for the site and new users.

This are all great ideas mate. There are some of us on here that from time to time upload strategy and tutorial vids on our YT pages, we could then submit those vids to whoever will be in charge of adding the intro so they can download it from YT and add the intro. Maybe give said person access to the YT channel so they can upload it.

Hey Super. I think the content needs to be created specifically for CODZ.

I'd rather not have footage there that is also available in other places. Once the logo is created it will be made available for download. People can access this and add it to their own videos for instance in a submission for the video contests. This initial stuff however should be freshly made :)

We want it as professional as possible, almost like a new launch.

Um, do we have an intro or anything? Should we get one? 'Cause i'm in the process right now of making a video on the Music Egg locations for all the maps.

No intro is needed at the moment, but the channel is not ready for users to upload to just yet, we need to work out how things will get submitted and such, I'd wait until it all gets fixed up and then post it to the CoDz channel.

Um, do we have an intro or anything? Should we get one? 'Cause i'm in the process right now of making a video on the Music Egg locations for all the maps.

I've asked in the OP if anyone is interested in making one if they have the skills. If not I know a couple of people I can ask, maybe you do too? I'll ask Liam and Milo if they know anyone.

In the long run it would be nice if all videos uploaded had the intro, it would make it seem more professional in my opinion.

I may not be well known or very popular as a Youtuber, but I really enjoy doing commentaries, and have several compliments regarding the way I speak, and how I commentate and stuff... People have also called my voice sexy but I guess that's just opinion :lol:

Anyway, I would love to be involved in commentaries and stuff, although right now I have no capture card so can't get footage or gameplay (yet, it's my birthday on Thursday, and any money I get will be going towards a new capture card). I'll leave a linkypoo to my channel and let you guys decide whether you deem me suitable! (I'm very much theory based as you will all probably know, so I guess I will continue with that side of things).

Linkypoo: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkJolteonx?feature=guide

Let me know!

-Jolteon

Thanks for the intro ccm, I know it's rough but it's very good for a first attempt.

I was thinking of something slightly more epic if it can be done. Rather than a basic 3d text rotation, it would be great to see CODZ with bells and whistles if that makes sense!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFqFkuuMQ_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2h14yeY ... re=related

More like these, I don't want to embed them into the topic. They are both done in After Effects. Can you do animation of this type by any chance?

DarkJoe - it may be only me but my plans for the strategy videos are heavy on collaboration between CODZ members. And as you probably know my bag is strategy, not theory or storyline. I need some suggestions from the theorists as to what they believe can be put in to a video. Once that is done we can spread the work and I'm sure you can do some commentary somewhere mate.

Thanks for the intro ccm, I know it's rough but it's very good for a first attempt.

I was thinking of something slightly more epic if it can be done. Rather than a basic 3d text rotation, it would be great to see CODZ with bells and whistles if that makes sense!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFqFkuuMQ_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2h14yeY ... re=related

More like these, I don't want to embed them into the topic. They are both done in After Effects. Can you do animation of this type by any chance?

DarkJoe - it may be only me but my plans for the strategy videos are heavy on collaboration between CODZ members. And as you probably know my bag is strategy, not theory or storyline. I need some suggestions from the theorists as to what they believe can be put in to a video. Once that is done we can spread the work and I'm sure you can do some commentary somewhere mate.

Yeah, those two are After Effects work. You want something like that, which is like, a billion times better, then you're gunna want to ask someone who has After Effects. 3D text I can do, AE Epicness, I cannot

Hmmmmmm.....

Call me egoistic, but when I work a long time on a video, I also wanna get the prestige for it. I want my video causing 10 20 new subbers for my channel. I don't wanna work 10 hours so I do not get a single new subscribers and nothing. Probably I'm not even aloud to upload the video myself and have to send it a mod first, that will mess up my work and say like "here you need to make it so and here so". The last thing I need is some dude knowing anything better just cause he is the YT Channel administrator.

So you become partner, get some money from the channel and stuff, and the actual workers get nothing for it? Are we slaves?

So I guess this sounds again like I'm raging here, but I'm of course absolutely not. Just wanna see what you say on this.

I'd like to offer some vids with commentary. Some stuff I normally wouldn't do like Easter Egg Guides or so. Or some random commentaries or something.

But when I think of a major strategy piece, I probably will not really share it. However when it's about to picture a written strategy from someone else, yeah why not.

Hmmmmmm.....

Call me egoistic, but when I work a long time on a video, I also wanna get the prestige for it. I want my video causing 10 20 new subbers for my channel. I don't wanna work 10 hours so I do not get a single new subscribers and nothing. Probably I'm not even aloud to upload the video myself and have to send it a mod first, that will mess up my work and say like "here you need to make it so and here so". The last thing I need is some dude knowing anything better just cause he is the YT Channel administrator.

So you become partner, get some money from the channel and stuff, and the actual workers get nothing for it? Are we slaves?

So I guess this sounds again like I'm raging here, but I'm of course absolutely not. Just wanna see what you say on this.

I'd like to offer some vids with commentary. Some stuff I normally wouldn't do like Easter Egg Guides or so. Or some random commentaries or something.

But when I think of a major strategy piece, I probably will not really share it. However when it's about to picture a written strategy from someone else, yeah why not.

Hey Tom, you bring up some very good points. I hadn't even thought about the channel becoming partner. In that case it would be owned by Carbon. I was thinking more along the lines of a community channel for CODZ members eventually. A place to showcase your absolute best work if you wish, or just some random funny gameplay. To make the channel into something that could become big enough to appeal, I'm just looking for some pretty basic strategy stuff, but done in a professional way. Along with some EE guides and song stuff, and some stories.

For the strategy stuff it would all be done from existing guides already written on the site. You can just provide footage of you following the guide. Someone else then commentates and it's uploaded. You can then commentate on someone else footage if you have the interest. If you participate in a video your name will most definitely be credited, along with your channel. This will direct some potential new viewers back to your channel, especially as we gain more viewers. I'm aiming for a big win win situation.

Random gameplay is certainly going to be appreciated.

And regarding the best work you do....I wouldn't ask anyone for that to be exclusive on the channel. For what we are after now the time required to do it should be much quicker. Just edited footage, no bells, no whistles.

And nothing which would be original only to you, I don't believe that is fair to ask for in anyway :)

I've done some After Effects work in the past and I could look into coming up with a more professional intro.

People seem to like the font and feel that I used. Maybe build off that?

Absolutely.

What I like on your intro is the color scheme with the red. The background is very simple, but just epic. All that it needs, lil' unsharp effect and it looks cool.

The double rotation u used - each letter rotates and the whole line of text 'rotates in' - look very cool.

I like the style of it, with few lil things, an awesome result.

What I would work on or how I would improve it, is, I would try to support the effect we have now with supporting layers. I don't know how it looks, but some sparkles flying around of the text before it is actually visible? Like the text coming in out of sparkles/fire or whatever? Another complete overlay that supports the rotate effect of the whole text. Like maybe just a lil very simple color alignment or so rotating in the same way and timing as the text?

Maybe a glowing light source, that actually lights up the text? The light source rotating around the text after it's visible?

Maybe a full flame coming out of the text, just slightly before all rotations are finished. So people think 'what is that, what is that, what text comes out here', and than 'booooooom' and then its there... callofdutyzombies.

And sound, sound dude. Do not underestimate.

Just some ideas ;)

One: ccm404e is most qualified for this, since he has run a pretty successful channel, Komahna Tango.

Two: I ran the CoDZL Youtube for a WHILE, even when it wasn't too active with help from cjdog, nemesis, and Alpha, and would be GLAD to help with this one. (link here.)

I would love to see the channel prosper, and draw more fans as BO 2 comes out.

Keep in mind, ANY scoop we have on the upcoming game should be posted on the channel to lure new members to us.

Just food for thought,

Shapeshifter.

How about using the work that ccm has done as a base and overlaying something with AE on top?

Wall break, glass break.....some kind of reveal to the animated text behind. You could even use some zombies images, maybe some of the pictures that people have used. Something descriptive about was is contained within the site. This would shatter to reveal the rotating text. And like Tom I like the colors.