Wonder Weapon Ideas

DR4G0N'2 BR34TH

Damage: 5000 per second

Reserve Ammo: 30

Active Ammo: 1

A grenade-launcher type weapon designed to look like a dragon. The head is the barrel, the horns and spikes make up the sight, and the tail is the butt (or stock, I'm not sure)

It shoots a Small ball of fire that, when it hits the ground, creates a patch of napalm (identical to the napalmbies) that causes 5000 damage to every zombie in it for every second they're in it. Sorry, lasts 30 seconds.

PaP:

DR4G0N'S FURY

Damage: Infinite :D

Reserve Ammo: 66

Active Ammo: 2

Same, except napalm patch lasts 45 minutes and is tinged with the purplish-red of other PAP weapons.

Would you be able to walk through the flame patch?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DR4G0N'2 BR34TH

A grenade-launcher type weapon designed to look like a dragon. The head is the barrel, the horns and spikes make up the sight, and the tail is the butt (or stock, I'm not sure)

It shoots a Small ball of fire that, when it hits the ground, creates a patch of napalm (identical to the napalmbies) that causes 5000 damage to every zombie in it for every second they're in it. Sorry, lasts 30 seconds.

PaP:

DR4G0N'S FURY

Same, except napalm patch lasts 45 minutes and is tinged with the purplish-red of other PAP weapons.

With Flopper.

The following is a copy and paste from one of my posts on the official cod forums. It was in reply to someone elses "wonder weapon" idea that was a bit well over the top but I think the process can be applied to a good many peoples ideas..

"I think you need to organise your train of thought better.

Balls of plasma.. OK, its a real world phenomenon that could very well be weaponised. But it surely does not "suck zombies towards it", "shred them" with "kinda more electricity". You're adding anything you can think of together and ending up with an undescernable mess.

Now there is the ray gun that is best explained by plasma already, lets pretend the "rings" around each shot are ablated magnetic matter that protect and keep the projected plasma (heated ionised gas) together and on target. So I believe plasma is already done.

Heres how to organise your train of thoughts:

Think of a real world example that could form a weapon. We'll keep the charged particles but this time in the form of a particle beam. What real world phenomenon creates a stream of particles? the solar wind there you go you have a name for your gun. Need another name for PaP, well what links with solar wind? aurora is the interaction of the solar wind with the earths magetic field so we have that to give a name.

Think of what effect would a stream of partcles actually have? well theres mass in particles so its a kinetic effect on target and associated heat from the impact and energy transfer. Its effect is the cause of a comets tail.

What range and spread would it have? well particles would be very hard to direct in earths atmosphere so its range would be quickly eaten up by heating the air that it has to pass through, there is also no force to direct it so it spreads out once leaving the weapon. This gives it a short range and high spread.

What we've ended up with is:

Solar wind (PaP = Aurora Zombralis) looks like your thunder gun but projects a stream of particles in a shotgun type of range and spread but as a constant projection like the flamethrower. Effect on target is like being sand blasted with billions of subatomic particles, the skin is ripped away then muscles then a brief shot of bone which are then picked up and carried away as dust and ember in a "tail" like a comet.

So it doesn't have to be in any way practlical in the real world, but needs to be tied to real world physics. For example the thunder gun shooting a torroid of air is easily demonstrated in real life, but in real world practical terms the firer would have shot backwards far faster then the zombies that were hit by it :P The wunderwaffe would be an electron beam fired guided by firing through ionised air. The Winter howl would be a burtst of N2 etc. they can be explained."

Some of those sound awesome, some sound a little OP. woul this pack-a-drop cost a lot? And how many would you get. I think it sounds like a freakin awesome idea and totally fits zombies.

Like most wonder weapons, it would be obtained from the mystery box, so technically it would cost 950 (plus all your failed attempts at getting it :lol: ). Like all other tactical grenades in zombies, you'll get three, and it'll be refilled to three with every Max Ammo.

one idea I have one my mind is a blade shooting gun that cut all zombies i half whit a super sharp red glowing blade. it wold cut ALL zombies in the way until it hit a wall then the blade wold just get stuck in the wall for a few minutes. pap'ed it wold have a blue glowing blade, it wold bounce off the wall up to 2 times, more ammo and a much bigger blade.

DR4G0N'2 BR34TH

PaP:

DR4G0N'S FURY

With Flopper.

I love this idea, cool that you can walk through it with flopper

Just a small idea i had:

Earthquake gun

Shoot at a zombie- zombie quakes, and explodes

Shoot at the ground- zombies trip and fall, as you will also, but you recover and can escape. Can break glass. (if on moon, underwater, etc)

Shoot at water- tsunami effect, wiping zombies out

Ammo in clip: 4

Reserve: 16

Possible names: Tectonitia, The Quaker, Fault Liner

Or would this just be better as a tactical grenade?

Just a small idea i had:

Earthquake gun

Shoot at a zombie- zombie quakes, and explodes

Shoot at the ground- zombies trip and fall, as you will also, but you recover and can escape. Can break glass. (if on moon, underwater, etc)

Shoot at water- tsunami effect, wiping zombies out

Ammo in clip: 4

Reserve: 16

Possible names: Tectonitia, The Quaker, Fault Liner

Or would this just be better as a tactical grenade?

I think its pretty good.

Though remember you cant run through people/zombies so if you are in a tight spot you will get stuck up on those laying on the ground, for that reason and others it wouldn't be as good as monkey bombs and people would bitch about that. So as a weapon would be prefered, particularly if the shakes from a direct impact passed from one zombie to the next if they touched in a cascading effect. I links into tesla doomsday weapons as well as he (i believe) was working on an earthquake weapon, well it was him or someone else. So it would be a "grenade launcher" that has a spiked projectile that sticks in trhe ground or a zombie.

Love the name fault liner too. [brains]

Well, it was Tesla. But back on topic, the earthquake gun would probably be better off as a tact grenade. It would really only work into the mp if it was at some base in Cali where they tested it though. perhaps, dropping the weaponized version and just make it a random part of the map like the fog i CotD?

Yeah! Like when the blizzard came it lowered visibilty, so maybe the earthquake feature could lower mobility? Like the effect of George's lightning strike on the player, also similar to the monkeys on Ascension?. That would make rape training and squeezing through tight spots more challenging, which would basically make the game of zombies itself more challenging with more features like that. Or maybe it could be something similar to the excavators on Moon. Maybe on that certain map there was like a lab with a RICHTer scale that would OFtEN reach different magnitudes from idk .2 to 7.6. You lower the magnitude with the hacker. The higher the magnitude, the more cock-like your game will be. If it reaches a certain magnitude, 7.6 in this case, you would not be able to move. This would engage the players to have an objective and once again make the game more challenging and unique.

Well you know you can have special grenades as wonder weapons. E.g monkey bombs count as a WW. I was thinking about a boomerang, or as the Skrillex song goes 'Bangarang'. You through it and it explodes on impact. You get 1 and max 3 and 1 each round. You only get this much since they are pretty powerful. They can hurt teammates and if it doesn't impact something, it will spin around and comeback to you, cause you too get hurt. It would be browny black and then explosives strapped to it. Feedback???

I agree with Pure's shotgun idea. Maybe we could call it the Buckshot (Im not very creative with names lol) and it shoots a dragons breath round that leaves a flame like a napalm zombie (dont know if someone said that already :?) or shoots a round similar to a halo reach grenade launcher, where you press the d-pad and it explodes, or just takes a couple bounces and explodes? Idk just a thought, cause i would love to see a shotgun ww

I said that. ;)

DR4G0N'2 BR34TH

PaP:

DR4G0N'S FURY

Same, except napalm patch lasts 45 seconds and is tinged with the purplish-red of other PAP weapons.

Some ideas, number 2 is someones request and i tweaked it abit.

1:

Name: Whirlpool D.X24/Tsunami D.X42

Creator: Dr Xian

Type: Sub Machine Gun

Description: It is a small put high pressure water gun. The claw at the end spins

that cause's the water to spin will shooting, give it the massive pressure. It also

has some element 115 in the water, that gives it that kick.

Ammo: 4/20 / 4/38

2:

Name: Sonic Blast/Jet Sreecher

Creator: 'Unknown'

Type: Rifle

Description:

It is a rifle and at the bottom, the is a ammo pole. It runs on 115 energy disc, that

produce sonic waves. It has 3 lines of sights for great aiming. The funnel at the

end echo the sound, for bigger impact. It also has a weird symbol, that see in the

gun and also something about the creator...

Ammo: 2/12 / 4/24

3:

Name: Buzz-Rod

Creator: Takeo

Type: Equipment

Description:

After fighting the Doctor, Takeo created it to fight the zombies. You stick it in the

ground. It can shock up too up too 5 zombies. It has rings that shock the zombies

and you gain 2 each round, and max 4.

4:

Name: Acid Tornado

Creator: 'Unkown'

Type: Equipment

Description: It's the same as a bouncing betty from mw3. you place it on the floor,

and when triggered, it flys up into the air and blows up, hurting zombies in a 360

degrees radius,

5:

Name: Poison Dart/ Infection Shot

Type: Shotgun like a spaz 12

Description:

This shotgun has some extra fire power, or infection power. Once a zombie has

been shot, it will turn on the zombies and start hitting them and can infected up

to 10 (20 if PaP) zombies. It will leave behind a green, yellowish glow. It also

slowly kills the zombie while infecting more.

Ammo: 4/12

5:

Name: Poison Dart/ Infection Shot

Type: Shotgun like a spaz 12

Description:

This shotgun has some extra fire power, or infection power. Once a zombie has

been shot, it will turn on the zombies and start hitting them and can infected up

to 10 (20 if PaP) zombies. It will leave behind a green, yellowish glow. It also

slowly kills the zombie while infecting more.

Ammo: 4/12

I like this one. For it to work the "infected" wouldn't be attacked by other zombies rather it would target one then target another once its infected, good original idea.

Katana

Damage: 5000

Twice the range of a Bowie knife

Beheads zombies on kill and never does the stabbing animation.

Pap: Muramasa Blade

Blade glows blue and hilt has runes on it.

Damage: 10000

Range: 1.25 times that of the katana

Both take up a weapon slot

Forgive me if this goes somewhere else. Should I need to make a new thread about this, let me know.

Wonder Attachment Machine

This attachment machine will be located near PaP, giving the player a choice. You can only have one attachment on a gun at a time. The attachment does not change after PAP. Should you have a gun that will end up with an attachment that is compatible, (i.e. red dot/undermount) you will keep both. Should you have a gun that will end up with an attachment that is incompatible, (i.e. undermount/undermount) the Wonderweapon attachment will take the place. Prepare to read a lot. And be amazed.

Infra-dead HAMR sights: This attachment is similar to the HAMR sights on MW3. The red dot sight side of things would offer laser sights from WAW custom maps. Apon switching to the zoom side of things, this attachment would double as a infra dead scope. (similar to scavenger)

Freak Bag Mags: This attachment is one of the more simple yet effective choices. It offers more ammo, as well as explosive/incendiary rounds every so often. Possibly a button to swap ammos.

KM11RV(VR11Masterkey Backwards):(similar to Hgoat's idea, little different.)This attachment is an undermounted shotgun which also is semi-automatic. It offers all the features of the VR11 without giving up that weapons slot. Being as there cannot be water on every map, the humans would simply stand still until dead. Though the human does not kill or infect any zombies, you get points for the zombies hitting him. The human would have the same life time as a monkeybomb, allowing for a quick save. The shotgun would also have more spray, making it easier to shoot team-mates, and allowing for easier insta-kill at will.

DBGLTANK:(I think I gave credit where credit is due)I like Tankeo's idea for this attachment. I would use the pap version only however, being as I have not implemented pap versions. For those who did not read all the posts: This attachment would double as a trap. It shoots a ball of fire that creates a patch of napalm. (similar to the napalm) Small explosion apon impact.

ArsenyFTW:This attachment is similar to the flamethrower, but allows for more effectiveness. Apon swapping to this attachment, a flame will not ignite the gas supply. The player will be allowed to spray the zombies directly with substantial amounts of fuel. One spark from a gun or grenade and...well I'm sure you can see what I see.

I will put the ideas on hold for a while as I would like to see what feedback this gets before continuing. I do have more ideas for this. I feel like this covers a wide variety of players and keeps it within the boundaries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Here's my idea for a wonder weapon for Treyarch

Regular version info

Name: Magma Rifle

Creator: Zackary Schejbal

Type: semi-auto rifle

Description: 

It's got the same shooting shots just like the Sliquifier, meaning when shot, it splats stuff on the ground, but it splats little puddles of magma, which hurt both you and allies but does not ever gets teammates down. When a zombie steps on the magma puddle it immediately melts the zombie, no matter the round. Furthermore, any zombies within a 2.5 foot radius of the magma puddle will start to heat up and rank you points.

ammo: 7/70

*This weapon can be built or claimed out of the mystery box for all 4 players but you must get the max ammo upgrade for max ammo drops to restore it to maximum ammo.*

Pack-A-Punch version info

Name: Vulcan's Wrath

Creator: Zackary Schejbal

Type: Auto rifle

Description:

Everything's the same as the regular version except the radius of the magma puddle's heat has went from 2.5 feet to 5 feet.

Ammo: 14/140

*You must have the max ammo upgrade already installed inside the weapon in order to pack a punch the weapon.*