The Axis Journey (CH 4 up)

Rissole25

This story will be following our heroes journey, from Shi No Numa onwards. Although we don’t know what they say/talk about/how they arrive between maps, this is only just a story on it, based on what we know. Some facts might be wrong, and I apologize for that. There will be parts where it will skip suddenly (ie; Kino to Ascension) because there is no information about it, nor any very plausible theories about these parts. I don’t want to add in something that turns out wrong because I want to keep as true to the story as possible. Saying that, new information we find out about past things (ie; Moon’s radios) will be added as flash-back/scenario like sequences in future chapters. These will be used for skipped parts as well if information comes to light on them. At this time, I don’t know if I will add the president’s/celeb’s point of view. Anyway I hope you enjoy it. : )

Chapter 1: First Impressions: Part I

The dust settled as the last zombie dropped to ground, dead once again. The fog began to clear and Tank Dempsey could not see anymore zombies in sight. Carefully, he lowered the MG-42 he was holding, and reloaded it once more.

Must be the last of them…but I wonder why there isn’t anymore coming..?

He walked onwards towards the main building, bringing out his Kar98k which he had obtained many hours ago, aiming as he walked pass the piles of dead undead bodies. He looked up and smirked at the Flogger, knowing it was great killing machine like him. The spikes glistened and shined with blood and body parts, although he didn't know how they were shining when the sun was covered by clouds and the fog.

He continued on and turned right, going inside the main building where they Mystery Box once was. All at once, questions started to riddle Dempsey's mind, questions he needed answers for. Becoming agitated at the unknowing, he became angry.

“What the fuck is going on!?”, he shouted out loud in frustration, as if expecting a reply from the woodwork of the old building. Nothing.

Seriously! These meatbags just came out of nowhere, and they keep coming! I can’t remember anything. And that doctor! I’ll fucking kick his ass when I find him!...

Many more questions filled his mind, but they were interrupted by the howling cries of a nearby zombie. Knowing it came from upstairs, he refocused his mind, propped his weapon up, and ascended the stairs to see a zombie crawling towards him.

“Poor meatbag…” noticing its lower body had been blown off. It reminded him of the war, except his buddies weren’t crawling around when it happened to them. Dempsey took aim, intending to fire, when suddenly.

“NEIN YOU FILTHY AMERICAN!!”.

Dr Richtofen suddenly appeared out of nowhere with an angry face. He held a box, which he soon threw at Dempsey. Dempsey stumbled backwards to avoid it.

“Don’t kill ze damned thing!”

“Why shouldn’t I!?”, Dempsey getting angry.

Richtofen sighed. “Idiot fool! Haven’t you noticed for ze past day that they are coming in vaves? You keep ze last one alive, and the others don’t approach.”. Richtofen laughed to himself, smiling at animated corpse. “Look at ze crawler!”. Richtofen chuckled to himself again, obviously cheerful.

“Yeah but…...........er…...............um……..........”. Dempsey stopped talking. He noticed the doctor was right, but Dempsey didn’t want Richtofen be right if he was wrong. Dempsey felt absolute hatred towards Richtofen but he didn’t know why. All he knew was that the German was bad news, and that he was right in hating him.

“Whatever”, he said annoyed, and focus his attention to the crawler. Richtofen began studying the things on the many shelves in the room. As Dempsey started entertaining himself with the crawler, Richtofen said out loud.

“Vere are the Jap and Russian?”, not looking at the marine as he spoke.

“The fuck I know”, replied Dempsey casually, always just staying just out of the crawlers reach.

“Be a dear Dempshey and go fetch them. Bring zem to my quarters. We’re leaving soon.”

Dempsey clenched his fist in rage. No one ordered him around. He would’ve belted, hell even kill Richtofen right than and there, but he knew it wasn’t a good idea. Richtofen was the only one who knew what he was doing, and he knew much more than he was letting on, like how he’d just revealed that he had his own office here. Dempsey decided not to do anything...just yet.

Dempsey said nothing at first, than got up and left the crawler with Richtofen.

“Hope it eats ya asshat”, Dempsey muttered as he descended the stairs.

“Ja”, the doctor replied, not even hearing what he had said. Richtofen had finished examining the items on the shelves. He proceeded through the open warning gate towards the zip-line. As he did so, the hanging body caught his eye. Richtofen turned and glanced at it. Smirking, he continued onto the zip-line and activated it, but not before saying.

“You got vat you deserved Peter…”

(My Richtofen impression is probably bad. I'm not sure when to replace t's with z's, and w's with v's without sounding like an idiot. Takeo will probably have the same problem. But give me advice on how I'm doing, how the characters sound, etc, and what I can improve.)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 2: First Impressions: Part II

Takeo Masaki sliced his foes head off with a swift swipe of his katana. The zombie, surprisingly, kept running towards him. With a ninja kick, Takeo brought it down, finally dead. He sheathed his katana, brought back out the Type-100, and continued on through the Communications Room.

Several radios played static, while others played undecipherable messages. While it may have added to the eeriness of the swamp, Takeo was neither phased nor scared.

Takeo rounded into the next room. More radios were around. He spotted a table to his right with a telephone, radio and what appeared to be a microphone on it. He looked around and pinned his ears, making sure no more zombies were around. Getting confirmation, he propped his gun up against the table, sat down in the chair and tried the microphone first, speaking into it.

"Hello?", he said. He was surprised at how well he could speak English now, yet you could still tell he was Japanese. He hoped whoever was on the other end was not a Japanese hater. If there was anyone there...

"Hello!", he repeated, "Is there anybody there?".

Silence greeted him. Takeo sighed. He turned his attention to the phone now. Faintly he could hear a dial tone. At this, Takeo picked up the phone, and started dialing a number. It started to ring. Takeo waited patiently as it was ringing, when it suddenly stopped. Dead air now. As Takeo put the phone down in frustration, a voice, like a loud whisper, echoed around the shack.

"I know when you're sleeping..."

Takeo got up and looked around for the source, but couldn't find it. It was like a ghost watching him. He heard a creak in the floorboards, and turned to face the doorway, whipping out his .357 Magnum. It was Dempsey.

"Classic...", Tank chuckled to himself. "But uh...that was a pretty freaky voice".

Takeo grunted, returning his weapon to it's holster. He thought it might've been Dempsey, but it obviously wasn't now.

"Anyway, the doc said we're leaving soon". He walked back out the room, soon saying, "Geez, I'm surprised you didn't put a smoke in his eye", as he passed the decapitated zombie.

"Ugh", said Takeo in disgust. The only thing he liked about America was .357 Magnum he had nearly shot Dempsey with, and Dempsey was certainly not the "gun" that he claimed to be. He picked up his Type-100 propped against the table, took one last look around the hut, and left, wondering where the drunk Russian was.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 3: First Impressions: Part III

Nikolai Belinski lay against the walls of the hut, vodka in one hand, the Ray Gun in another. He took a swig of the alcohol, and looked on at the large pile of dead zombies he had createed not a minute ago. Steam was coming out of the Ray Gun he had just used.

"Egh, must've overheated", the Russian said to himself. He got up, stumbling slightly for being intoxicated, and went back inside the Storage Hut. He put the Ray Gun on the table to cool down, and pulled out a Trench Gun. It reminded him of his first wife, as he had killed her with a shotgun.

She was a bitch.

Nikolai went to take another swig of the poison, but was shocked to find there was none left.

"WHAT!", he gasped, "I can't be out of vodka already!...Maybe I can find some here".

Out of the hundreds of boxes and crates littered around the hut, Nikolai chose one near the entrance. It was next to a crate which had a radio on top of it. Ignoring the radio, he opened the crate.

It was full of papers and documents to Nikolai's disappointment. He decided to go through them quickly, to see if he could find out anything. After all, he had no idea what was going on.

One document caught his eye, because it had blueprints of what looked like the Ray Gun, just like the one he had on the table. Before he began to read it however, he lent on the crate with the radio on it, causing both the radio and crate to fall, it's contents scattering on the ground. Some of the items were bottles of vodka.

"Vodka!", he exclaimed, "I'd knew I'd find you old friend". He began collecting the bottles when Tank and Takeo arrived.

"Oi Nikolai, Richtofen says we're leaving so get your shit together and lets go!", said Dempsey

"Wait!", interrupted Takeo, picking up one of the newspaper clippings which had came from the fallen box. "It's Richtofen!"

"What?", replied Dempsey, "Gimme that!".

Having retrieved the Ray Gun, Nikolai put the bottles and his bag on the table, sorting them in.

"Goddamnit Nikolai, move your shit!", yelled Dempsey, putting the clipping on the table as well.

"Geez Dempsey, you should ligh-"

"Shut up pig!", Takeo said, glaring at Nikolai which Nikolai returned. The two hated each other, even though they'd only known each other for a short while. Nikolai wanted Takeo dead, and vice-versa.

"Listen up!", Dempsey said to both of them, "I think it's a wanted poster. It's in german but someone translated it.

WANTED

KILL ON SIGHT

This is Dr. Richtofen, known affectionately as "The Butcher" to his victims as they scream in agony moments before he snuffs out their light. All through his career, Richtofen has been at the forefront of torture and information extraction research. Richtofen is an incurable sociopath and sees no moral distinction between natural death and murder; the victim is the victim, regardless of how their demise manifests itself.

"Beware The Doc". A message that was scrawled across walls of every town under Axis control. Starvation may cripple you, dysentery may wreck you, and gunfire may rip the flesh from your bones, but "Beware The Doc".

Doctor Richtofen has a collection of stuffed animals, most of them posed in positions of terror at the instant of their death.

Chapter 3: First Impressions: Part III

Nikolai Belinski lay against the walls of the hut, vodka in one hand, the Ray Gun in another. He took a swig of the alcohol, and looked on at the large pile of dead zombies he had createed not a minute ago. Steam was coming out of the Ray Gun he had just used.

"Egh, must've overheated", the Russian said to himself. He got up, stumbling slightly for being intoxicated, and went back inside the Storage Hut. He put the Ray Gun on the table to cool down, and pulled out a Trench Gun. It reminded him of his first wife, as he had killed her with a shotgun.

She was a bitch.

Nikolai went to take another swig of the poison, but was shocked to find there was none left.

"WHAT!", he gasped, "I can't be out of vodka already!...Maybe I can find some here".

Out of the hundreds of boxes and crates littered around the hut, Nikolai chose one near the entrance. It was next to a crate which had a radio on top of it. Ignoring the radio, he opened the crate.

It was full of papers and documents to Nikolai's disappointment. He decided to go through them quickly, to see if he could find out anything. After all, he had no idea what was going on.

One document caught his eye, because it had blueprints of what looked like the Ray Gun, just like the one he had on the table. Before he began to read it however, he lent on the crate with the radio on it, causing both the radio and crate to fall, it's contents scattering on the ground. Some of the items were bottles of vodka.

"Vodka!", he exclaimed, "I'd knew I'd find you old friend". He began collecting the bottles when Tank and Takeo arrived.

"Oi Nikolai, Richtofen says we're leaving so get your shit together and lets go!", said Dempsey

"Wait!", interrupted Takeo, picking up one of the newspaper clippings which had came from the fallen box. "It's Richtofen!"

"What?", replied Dempsey, "Gimme that!".

Having retrieved the Ray Gun, Nikolai put the bottles and his bag on the table, sorting them in.

"Goddamnit Nikolai, move your shit!", yelled Dempsey, putting the clipping on the table as well.

"Geez Dempsey, you should ligh-"

"Shut up pig!", Takeo said, glaring at Nikolai which Nikolai returned. The two hated each other, even though they'd only known each other for a short while. Nikolai wanted Takeo dead, and vice-versa.

"Listen up!", Dempsey said to both of them, "I think it's a wanted poster. It's in german but someone translated it.

WANTED

KILL ON SIGHT

This is Dr. Richtofen, known affectionately as "The Butcher" to his victims as they scream in agony moments before he snuffs out their light. All through his career, Richtofen has been at the forefront of torture and information extraction research. Richtofen is an incurable sociopath and sees no moral distinction between natural death and murder; the victim is the victim, regardless of how their demise manifests itself.

"Beware The Doc". A message that was scrawled across walls of every town under Axis control. Starvation may cripple you, dysentery may wreck you, and gunfire may rip the flesh from your bones, but "Beware The Doc".

Doctor Richtofen has a collection of stuffed animals, most of them posed in positions of terror at the instant of their death.

these stories rock you should do more

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback guys! Really means a lot :)

Chapter 4: The Element

Everyone was quiet for a moment. The information they had all just read and heard was processing through their minds.

For Takeo, he knew he had to be wary of Richtofen. He was neither ally nor adversary.

For Tank, he realized Richtofen was more than the weird guy he hated. He was more insane and dangerous than he thought.

For Nikolai, he wondered where Richtofen would lead, and what he would do with them. He soon put the thoughts out of his head when an alcohol fueled thirst came over him.

"Um...whatever. Let's just go", said Dempsey casually.

"We must be careful of him", replied Takeo.

Dempsey and Nikolai grunted in agreement. The trio got their things and left the hut.

As they traversed through the mucky, slimy water of the swamp, an ominous alien like buzzing sound could be heard.

"Sounds like fourth wife, when she snored", Nikolai joked, though no one laughed.

"What is that?", asked Dempsey.

"Over there!", said Takeo. He pointed towards a foggy area outside fenced area of the swamp. "It's coming from over there."

"It's something red...the Red Menace?", Nikolai chuckled, noticing the fog appearing a reddish-orange colour in the area.

"A Wonder Waffle maybe?", questioned Dempsey, seeing the random glows of what looked like electricity.

The three of them approached, guns at the ready, unsure of what was to come. The fog cleared as they reached the fence.

A large meteor lay meters in front of them. It emitted an unhealthy reddish-orange glow. Sporadically, small jolts of lightning bounced across it, just like those of the Hellhounds that appeared in with a bolt of lightning.

They all stared at it for a minute, observing it, before Takeo spoke.

"This rock, it is not of this place.", he said humbly.

"I think the Red Menace would be interested in this space rock.", Nikolai said with greed.

"I wonder if that rock brought those freak-bags...", thought Dempsey out loud.

"Ahh zat rock! Must be where element 115 comes from!"

They all turned around with surprise to see Richtofen standing behind.

"Dempshey, we're on a tight schedule, and you are just...lollygagging around as usual. Do you even want to leave here?", sneered Richtofen.

"Fuck up doc, we were just heading there", Dempsey replied with anger. He walked viciously fast and knocked Richtofen over as he passed him, not even caring about what he had just read before.

"Hey Richtofen, we are we going to?", asked a drunken Nikolai, remembering what he had thought about before.

"All in good time, my Russian drunk", being helped up by Takeo. "All in good time".

Nikolai jogged off to catch with Dempsey, though he kept swerving side to side because of the temporary loss of his perception. Takeo looked at Richtofen, and asked.

"What is it Richtofen?", referring to the meteor.

"Everything...and nothing. The beginning, and the end.", Richtofen smirked. He looked at Takeo, looking him up and down, and walked off.

Takeo was great with riddles, but this one he did not understand. But he was sure he would find out soon enough. He took one last look at the meteor, and walked on after Richtofen.