Tell me what is your opinion about double tap?

I like to know how many members on this site likes or loves double tap. Also, I like to know your opinions about Double Tap perk. :)

My Opinion about double tap is. Its a fun perk to shoot fast like crazy. Also very useful for later rounds when zombies health gets higher and much longer to shoot. I use the perk often.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not use it for survival's sake much, however in theory it could help (barely) increase round speed in the 40's. Anything before that and the T-gun is much faster and Ammo is plentiful enough. After the 40's no weapon other than the T-gun will really do anything. However, it is an enjoyable perk and can make some of the weapons really entertaining. If I have an empty perk slot and no desire to fill it, I will perhaps buy Double Tap.

IIn very small trains, where you have a very short time to shoot, it is a must have for me. I love it.

In bigger trains, I will usually not buy it and rather prefer something else, like Mule Kick or Stamin Up or something. This is because i have enough time to empty a full clip of the AK74u within one continuous shooting. Then I do not feel as I need it or that it would speed stuff significantly up.

As Tom said, normally depends on if I'm running a small train or not.

For me it also largely depends on what weapon I'm using; when playing solo on most maps I won't need it, I never really bother with 'farming' and instead tend to get the Sickle/Bowie on round 4 or 5, use that up until round 10, using the Mustang & Sally to take out my hordes from then onwards, then wonder-weapon or Ray Gun from 20 onwards. Some may say this isn't points-effective, but in most cases you'll end up with about 50k by round 30.

I do not use it for survival's sake much, however in theory it could help (barely) increase round speed in the 40's. Anything before that and the T-gun is much faster and Ammo is plentiful enough. After the 40's no weapon other than the T-gun will really do anything. However, it is an enjoyable perk and can make some of the weapons really entertaining. If I have an empty perk slot and no desire to fill it, I will perhaps buy Double Tap.

More like nothing will kill them past 60 but the t-gun. You can kill a horde with about two clips of the ray gun or m&s in the 50s and since they spawn in so fast double tap and speed cola is a very good choice to use when trying to get a max ammo, so you get them killed off before they respawn.

More like nothing will kill them past 60 but the t-gun. You can kill a horde with about two clips of the ray gun or m&s in the 50s and since they spawn in so fast double tap and speed cola is a very good choice to use when trying to get a max ammo, so you get them killed off before they respawn.

Good point, in 40-50, maybe -60, Tap might become interesting again, just for use with the Ray. I might actually try this out next time I play Ascension or something in those rounds and do not own the thunder.

Just an excerpt from my Extended Perk Analysis, part of the MZG.

*Double Tap* (2000)

Your tap will now be doubled with this rapid-fire-on-steroids perk. It increases your fire rate 33%, meaning that automatic weapons fire with 33% of their normal RPM. Semi-auto's, pump-action and three burst guns get a quicker trigger. What does this mean? It definitely constitutes two things: 1) you will kill zombies faster and 2) your HK21 and RPK will be elevated to overpowered status.

However, Double Tap can also lead to another thing: waste of ammo. This can be prevented by firing into a horde/line of zombies (via a rape train or effective route) or by only using Double Tap for your HK21, the latter of which a lot of people do.

-Usefulness 3.5/5, 5/5 (HK21 & RPK)-

Simply put, your HK21 and RPK, regular and PaP'd (pack-a-punched) won't be at their full potential without this perk. The upgraded HK21 is a monster of a gun with a faster fire rate. Picture this: you have a giant zombie horde, a PaP'd gun with 900 bullets, PLUS the added fire rate of, oh, say, an Enfield. Your RPK, with 750 bullets, now will fire as fast as a FAMAS and AUG! Incredible.

While people can be correct about advising against Double Tap, the disclaimer is there, "Except for the HK21 and RPK".

Now for the rest of the guns, it all depends on playstyle. If you are using a wall gun, with an excellent rape training strategy, the extra fire rate, will undoubtedly aid you in slaying zombitches. If you are camping with guns like a PaP'd Galil and Commando, you'll certainly burn through ammo faster than you can say Edward Richtofen. That being said, camping is effective only in multiplayer, and only in 4 player games will rape training net you around 10 zombies. Not really worth it then for the non-exceptions.

What does this all mean? It is a fact that bullets go through as many zombies as possible. Therefore, the more zombies you have to eat your bullets coming in at an alarmingly fast rate, the more useful Double Tap becomes. That's the long story.

Short version: get DT with a Light Machine Gun (LMG) no matter what, get Double Tap on Kino and Five (for 1-2 player games), and always take into account your strategy (if you kill zombies all once, then DT will help you, if you kill them one by one as they spawn, avoid DT).

Pretty much everyone here has covered when double tap is useful and when it's a waste of a fourth perk. I myself never use it unless I'm running a tight train with a wall gun handy, like the AK lap in moon, but I can always hack it and upgrade the AK. It's good on the HK and the RPK but I tend to stay away from those guns because of their slowness and bulkiness, but I do appreciate the RPK from rounds 20-. Double tap is also a waste of ammunition when your using automatic guns such as the commando and Galil, considering you can get the same effects with headshots. All in all, I think doulbe tap can be an invaluable perk in some situations but also can be as useless as Deadshot.

I've always disagreed with people who say that Double Tap wastes ammo. It really doesn't, if you just learn to burst fire your gun. I find Double Tap great on the classic maps, but that's usually it. On Kino, Five, and the DLC maps I rarely find myself buying it (in fact, usually the only time I ever get it is from a random perk bottle).

I love double tap. I mainly use it on slow guns like the HK, or the Galil.

I also love Deadshot for shotguns and the Dual CZ's. It's also good for snipers, so don't say it's a waste of a perk.

In my option, PhD is more of a waste, because it loses it's power after a certain round. Plus, it's not really a PERK, but more of an ability. I'm sure they could have used the long fall resistance into another perk, like Stamin-up, it would have all worked out.

Come on Treyarch, just gimmie STOPPING POWER.

Double-Tap Root Beer is a great Perk. I always get it on Verruckt, Shi No Numa, Der Riese, Kino der Toten, and "Five", when not on Solo, as then it is replaced by Quick Revive. It isn't the best Perk, which is why I replace PhD Flopper for it on other maps, but it is still a really good buy. It isn't essential to life, like Juggernog is, but it is quite helpful.

First, it has many little things to help its helpfulness. First and foremost, automatic weapons increase their rate of fire by 33%. That means the Rounds will go by faster by about a third. Second, semi-automatic weapons have their fire-cap removed. That means you can press and shoot them faster. Third, pump-action weapons pump faster. This is absolutely wonderful for the Stakeout. Fourth, you can use equipment faster. This helps if you use equipment a lot, like throwing grenades often or laying down Claymores every turn.

However, many people abuse this Perk. They claim that it wastes ammo. It does not. It simply makes the bullets come out faster. All the bullets still hit the Zombies! Unless of course you missed the Zombies. The only way it wastes ammo is if you are shooting anything but a Zombie. You have to learn how to control it. If you master that, which really doesn't need mastering, then you can feel free to use Double-Tap Root Beer with any weapon you want. Just be wise with it. Don't just hold down the trigger and think your gun will do all the work. Think. My personal favorite thing to do with this Perk is to get it while I have a G115 Generator and shoot with my 1667 rate of fire gun, the highest in the game. The bullets literally blur together.

I use it on the classic maps, kino, five, Shangri-La, and moon.

For the classics, its great with thompson, you burst fire super fast at the heads and reload. I didn`t start using it until fairly recently, it speeds up the rounds by a surprising amount.

With the pap`d 74u its amazing in Kino, FIVE, and Moon. For Moon I usually use the zap guns and ray gun (which is great double tapped), I usually grab double-tap over flopper and toss qed`s at the flopper machine to grab that one for a 5th in case I REALLY need it.

Its not as useful on Call of the Dead since you have so much space, but its still what I always hope George will drop first.

I will say that I had no use of double tap until the last few months, before then I considered it a complete waste. I`m starting to warm up to deadshot as well.

Don't be dissin' Deadshot, if you have a train built up, instead of taking that extra two seconds to aim for the head, you could just pop straight to the head and not risk taking too much time. It is also very useful for small trains when you don't have a lot of time to shoot. I love deadshot, personally.

I remember seeing a lot of hate for the double tap perk on many forums, but honestly I think it doesn't get the love it deserves. It also depends on what style of play you are doing.

For Kiting the Doubletap perk is not as essential. It does help some in later rounds but not necessary for kiting the zombies around.

If you are camping with a group then the doubletap perk is extremely useful in very late rounds such as 25+. You will notice that when you start hitting mid 20s in rounds even the heavy machine guns take to long to kill oncoming zombies and you find yourself constantly backing up or whipping out your ray gun. If your gun is packapunched it will save you until probably rounds in the late 20s, but you will again find yourself backing up due to your machine gun taking to long to kill the oncoming zombies.

So in late rounds Doubletap really helps to kill the zombies quicker. Some people say it just wastes your ammo, but if you can get the zombies to come at you in a straight line and you are accurate at head shooting then Doubletap is well worth it for campers.

I am ready to make the statement that Double Tap is more useful than Speed Cola. The only things more useful is Juggernog, and depending on weapon choice, Phd. Flopper.

The increased fire rate with all automatic weapons causes more death and destruction at a higher rate, causing rounds to progress at a much higher rate, or clear a path easier and more efficiently in the lower rounds with those same automatic weapons, or prolonging the destructive usefulness of the Ray Gun later in the game.

I am ready to make the statement that Double Tap is more useful than Speed Cola.

No. No no no no no.

Speed cola is expensive for a reason. It is one of the most useful perks in the game.

-Faster Reload time helps with ANY weapon, especially the Ray Gun or an LMG.

-An extra 2 second sprint time is always useful, especially on maps without Stamin-Up.

-Plus, FASTER HACKS ON MOON!

faster reload time doesn`t help as much as actually causing damage faster. Generally speaking, the best strategy is always to turn and shoot, then turn back around and keep moving.

You will be moving longer than you are stopped to shoot, while you have turned to shoot is when you are most vulnerable. By shortening this time, since you are putting out a clip at an increased pace, you are vulnerable for less time. You will be turned away and moving for longer than it takes to reload anyway (Speed Cola is still in my top 4 perks), but Double Tap is actually keeping you more actively safer.

If you can shoot while moving backwards (playing solo helps develop this skill) that argument is rendered moot. (I think that's how to spell it that way)

Besides, reloading faster can help you get more clips into zonbies as well, by shortening the time between mags.

Scenario: You are getting swarmed with no ammo in your current mag of your wunder waffe, which is going to help more, reloading it faster to fire a shot and save yourself? Or shoot it faster, (but you have no ammo!)

That is my argument for Speed Cola. :D