Your current fave maps?

So I've made this thread once or twice before, but people's opinions change as time goes on. I know mine has completely.

List yours from 1-12, 1 being fave and 12 being least fave.

1. FIVE - First map that really got me into zombies, many hate it but I love everything about it and I've recently gotten back into playing it, definitely a specialty of mine

2. Der Riese - First zombies map I ever played, just awesome and the dogs spawning with zombies keeps things exciting

3. Ascension - Awesome layout, choice of camping or kiting, great for a chill high-round game

4. Shi No Numa - Good layout, suitable for all types of strategy and just fun to play, another specialty of mine and a solo WR attempt to come in the future

5. No Man's Land - A real test of skills, the only map you can play for 10 minutes and think 'Damn I did good!'

6. COTD - A map that I used to hate until I sat down and learned how to play it, a map that requires real strategy

7. Moon - Just an awesome layout, the first map where I really liked the new twists immediately. Used to be higher-ranked for me but I guess I've played it a little too much :lol:

8. Verruckt - Used to dislike this map... not great for co-op but I love a solo game on it, I'd consider it once of my specialites and gonna attempt a WR run at some point

9. Nacht Der Untoten - Only for the hardcore, can't afford any lapse of concentration with this map

10. Shangri-La - Like this map, just not as good as the others for me though

11. Kino Der Toten - Used to like this... until all of the other maps started coming out and I realised how boring it is

12. DOA - Just not my thing - played it, got pretty far, didn't really enjoy it

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: Shi No Numa. I don't know why, but I always had so much fun on this map, back in the day. Camping was never as fun as on this map (I will always refuse to do a train on this map, now).

2: Moon. People say Der Riese is the perfect zombie map? Hell no. This is. It has EVERYTHING. Best story, coolest idea (which I thought at first was stupid), and most creative map ever.

3. Kino Der Toten. What can I say, it's a fun map to get easy rounds on. It's more or less Der Riese with a few things added, though. Also, Nova crawlers are not that bad.

4. Der Riese. I used to say that I hated this map. Now, I just say it's overrated. It's fun, and it's a classic, and was a great end to WaW

5. Call of the Dead. I love this map, very big, snowy, and just a cool atmosphere. Easter egg is also fun, and I love that the DG-2 returns. George is not that bad, btw :roll:

6. Verruckt. Great map. Changed zombies, and is definitely the creepiest map. I really wish they made the maps more like this one...

7. Nacht Der Untoten. Started zombies, and changed my life forever. I love this map, and always shall. Also, it's hard as hell to stay alive.

8. Ascension. Good map, gets boring after awhile. Monkeys piss me off so much, and later rounds seem SOOO long.

9. Shangri La. I like this map, but the biggest issue is that there isn't a good place to set up camp around (or kite). Also, the easter egg was incredibly long, and hard (that's what she said).

10. Five. No, I don't hate this map. Actually, it's really fun. It just seems like it lacks content to me. It's way too small.

11. DOA. Don't hate this either, I just prefer normal zombies

12. No Man's Land. Hard as hell. I like that you spawn here at the beginning, and that the PaP's here, but it's difficult to get both PaP and juggs at start. I never have. Something stupid always happens just before I do.

1-verruckt. great setup, good wall gun placement, never a boring moment as its very tightly packed...and WINTERS HOWL FTW

2-moon-easy easter egg,QEDS very big,biodome just a great map...ive played it 3287948732 times and never got the wave gun!?!?-_-

3-kino der toten-got me into zombies always loved it and always will

4-shi no numa-very wide and no real placce to run trains and interesting with the random perk placement an WUNDERWAFFLE

5-der reise-everyones favorite this map is just great and a classic enough said

6-no mans land-very fun yet hard and i always kill myself with M&S

7-shangri-la very entertaining but hard easter egg.i would play this alot more if my friends would want to

8-ascension-pretty easy but monkey make it harder and it gets boring after a while

9-nacht-very heard but very fun and again just a fun map with no perks,very basic

10-five-i actually kinda like this map but the theif always gets me and its very hard and never got ino it

11-cotd-ehhh i played it alot when it came out but i havent played it in a while and its really big adn hard ti revive and tough with 2 people

12-dead ops-well i dont really think of this is a legit map but some people enjoy it...but i dont i prefer regular zombies

Der Riese - Most of my favorite map ever. So addicting........ :D

Shi No Numa - Real good map for feeling you wanna kill zombies in a tense swamp.

Verruckt (W@W) - Fast Zombies are the best! When you turn around and just scares you when you see a fast running zombie towards you, just keep shooting it with machine gun. I always use Double Tap on this map. Treyarch should bring those fast running zombies! They are freaky and sweet.

Ascenison - Fun Map with big spaces, no double tap... :(

Kino - Nice feeling of beginning of zombies. Simple map.

Five - Fun map to camp in rooms and elevators. Co-op sucks often on this map.

Moon - Fun Huge map with zero gravity. I enjoyed about the map. expect those damn teleporting nova6 crawlers and astronaut. So frustrating... Co-op also sucks so bad on this map. :facepalm:

COTD - It would be a great map without george romero, it just ruins the game.

Shangri-La- Its alright, again with type of zombie that follows you around...

Treyarch just needs to stop adding those bosses type like george romero or astronaut, it ruins the game very much. If it was hell hounds or scientist thief, sure they are fun.

Call of the dead: dunno why, just love it

Verruckt: intense, wonderful map. Doesn't take very long to get a high-octane game

Shangri-La: real fun, its difficulty makes it funner faster. Don't have to wait until round 30 for the game to really start

Moon: awesome co-op with a friend

Shi no Numa: Really intense, great break-up strategies

FIVE: Same as Verruckt, but just don't like it quite as much. Definitely a favorite though.

Dead Ops: Need someone who knows what they're doing, but super fun

Der Reise: Also very fun, but its kind of the template for all the Black Ops map, so its lost its specialty

Kino der Toten: Same as Der Reise

Nacht der Untoten: Super intense, a bit too intense. Feels borderline impossible to survive, double hit madness sucks out some fun.

Ascension: Bottom of the list. Excessively boring, takes forever for the game to feel like it really "starts", so easy that high rounds don't feel like much of an accomplishment.

Oh Der Riese, how I miss you. I started out playing zombies before I was on PSN or Xbox Live. I would go over to my friends house and play NDU. One time we got all the way to round 16! :lol: Any ways, I got PSN, bought Der Riese, and really got into zombies. I still love playing WaW Der Riese, and it is my favorite map. I also love Ascension, for it is where I started training. Also, I like the general layout of it. Next to that, I would say CotD, also for the numerous training spots.

Right now, in this moment:

1. Shangri La

2. COTD

3. Ascension

4. Shi No Numa

5. Kino der Toten

6. Five

7. Verrückt

8. NDU

9. DOA

10. Moon

11. No Man's Land

12. Der Riese

Why is that?

I played Der Riese recently. I think I was drunk, but god damn. I never wanna play this map again.

NML, restart restart restart.

Moon, I threw 1000 QED's yesterday, can't see this map right now.

FIVE went a bit down, since hands' strategy was a bit boring and it was annoying to keep the other 2 players in that pap room.

Shangri went up, cause hands showed me a nice 2ppl strategy that I wanna redo.

COTD went up since I like the map and haven't played it in a while.

FIVE went a bit down, since hands' strategy was a bit boring and it was annoying to keep the other 2 players in that pap room.

I second this :lol: I guess the boredom factor can be alleviated by swapping duties each round or also have one player doing the basement-window jumping loop.

1. Moon- There's just something on this map that I love. Also has the best weapons, easter eggs, perks, etc.

2. Shangri-la- Again I love it. It has amazing features, and even though the easter egg is long, I still like it.

3. Ascension- This map was incredible! The problem I have with it is that its just really boring in the high rounds AND THE MONKEYS!

4. Der Riese- Its just a classic that I will never forget. This is one of the maps that I had a lot of fun in.

5. Call of the Dead- Many people hated this map but I actually liked it. It was entertaining. Only problem, George Romero. He did keep the game exciting, though.

6. Shi No Numa- This map was the birthplace of the legendary storyline and characters we all love. It also was a very wide map that was amazing if you decided to run around. Lets not forget the Wunderwaffe.

7. Verruct- This map wasn't boring at all but I like the other maps more.

8. No Man's Land- Very exciting and challenging.

9. Kino Der Toten- This map was awesome but I realized how boring it was after map packs.

10. Natch Der Untoten- This map was very basic and fun. I don't hate it its just I like the other maps more.

11. Five- I didn't really like this map that much. I never really got into the game with it but the characters are awesome.

12. Dead Ops Arcade- Its not that I hate it its just I like classic zombies way more.

I know this is supposed to be the maps that we like in order but I just want to say I don't hate any maps. I just like some more than others. I hope zombies will never end and that Treyarch can keep making the most amazing game, storyline, mode, characters,weapons, and everything else we all love from this incredible mode. ZOMBIES FTW!!!

1. Ascension: This map has been my favorite since the week it was released. I fell in love with it because it reminded me of Der Riese. I love the wide open areas and the huge story development and the mysterious feel it has. Tons of easter eggs, and it has my favorite easter egg song. This map changed zombies in many ways.

2. Der Riese: Much like Ascension, I love the story development this map offered and the general feel is just better than most maps. It's just the right difficulty and is perfect for both co-op and solo. Overall great map. And of course it introduced PAP!

3. Kino Der Toten: Love the simplicity of this map. It's not very fun on solo, but it's my personal favorite for co-op. This map really satisfied me after so long without new zombies. It honestly didn't change much for zombies, but it is just well-designed. Nova zombies suck though.

4. Verruckt: Surprise! I effing love this map on solo. running around with the trench gun and stg is as fun as it gets. The size makes it hectic but the design is perfect for creating trains without it becoming too easy. Overall the map is the perfect difficulty on solo, and a great challenge in co-op. Not to mention it's creepy as fuck.

5. Shangri-La: I like to call this map "The Polarizer". It took me a while to find my love for this map, but once I found the huge amount of strategies for it I became addicted. This map is good for both co-op and solo and provides a myriad of environments. Love the easter egg song too. The boss zombies aren't obnoxious like on some maps and the huge amount of traps just tops it all off. Shrink ray FTW

6. Shi No Numa: Not much to say about this map. While it did do a lot to shape what zombies is today, it's just not a very impressive map. The design is kinda sucky and the random perks are a bitch. Not a bad map, but not great either. Only fun on co-op.

7. COTD: Fog and George Romero. 'Nuff said.

8. Moon: The environment and idea are amazing. The design, return of nova zombies, the astronaut zombie, and the fact that most of the zombies don't come from windows kind of ruins it. I understand trying to make a difficult map, but for the life of me, I cannot find a good strategy. I like the easter egg song and story development. But the other things just ruin it for me.

9. Nacht Der Untoten: This map usually satisfies my nostalgic feelings, but older doesn't mean better. Gets very boring, very quickly.

10. No Man's Land: Get's the heart rate goin. Then I remember that other maps exist.

11. Five: No map is bad in my opinion. All zombies maps are fun. I just never found my love for this one.

12. Dead Ops: Bored before I even start.

#1: FIVE: Its just the best. Nice and closed in, lots of hard but manageable places to run around in. The basement is my favorite area in ALL of Zombies. Its just the perfect place for my playstyle.

#2: Der Riese

#3: Ascension

#4: Call of the Dead

#5: Verruckt

#6: Shi No Numa

#7: Kino Der Toten

#8: Nacht Der Untoten

#9: Moon

#10: Shangri La

1. Ascension: This map has been my favorite since the week it was released. I fell in love with it because it reminded me of Der Riese. I love the wide open areas and the huge story development and the mysterious feel it has. Tons of easter eggs, and it has my favorite easter egg song. This map changed zombies in many ways.

2. Der Riese: Much like Ascension, I love the story development this map offered and the general feel is just better than most maps. It's just the right difficulty and is perfect for both co-op and solo. Overall great map. And of course it introduced PAP!

3. Kino Der Toten: Love the simplicity of this map. It's not very fun on solo, but it's my personal favorite for co-op. This map really satisfied me after so long without new zombies. It honestly didn't change much for zombies, but it is just well-designed. Nova zombies suck though.

4. Verruckt: Surprise! I effing love this map on solo. running around with the trench gun and stg is as fun as it gets. The size makes it hectic but the design is perfect for creating trains without it becoming too easy. Overall the map is the perfect difficulty on solo, and a great challenge in co-op. Not to mention it's creepy as fuck.

5. Shangri-La: I like to call this map "The Polarizer". It took me a while to find my love for this map, but once I found the huge amount of strategies for it I became addicted. This map is good for both co-op and solo and provides a myriad of environments. Love the easter egg song too. The boss zombies aren't obnoxious like on some maps and the huge amount of traps just tops it all off. Shrink ray FTW

6. Shi No Numa: Not much to say about this map. While it did do a lot to shape what zombies is today, it's just not a very impressive map. The design is kinda sucky and the random perks are a bitch. Not a bad map, but not great either. Only fun on co-op.

8. Moon: The environment and idea are amazing. The design, return of nova zombies, the astronaut zombie, and the fact that most of the zombies don't come from windows kind of ruins it. I understand trying to make a difficult map, but for the life of me, I cannot find a good strategy. I like the easter egg song and story development. But the other things just ruin it for me.

9. Nacht Der Untoten: This map usually satisfies my nostalgic feelings, but older doesn't mean better. Gets very boring, very quickly.

10. No Man's Land: Get's the heart rate goin. Then I remember that other maps exist.

11. Five: No map is bad in my opinion. All zombies maps are fun. I just never found my love for this one.

Hey seeing as how you like verruckt so much on solo, I have a question. As I played verruckt WaW version on pc I noticed that the characters voice didnt sound like any I had heard before. He sometimes you messed with the wrong Marine but it sound nothing like Tank. who is the character? Peter maybe??

in the WaW version, both Nacht der Untoten and Verruckt are played by 4 unnamed US marines. It is unclear why they were switched to our familiar heros in the Black Ops version.

Ohhh ok got ya. Hey while I am at it I have another post that is dead dead dead. could you do me a favor the numbers in SNN 4 8 16 23 42 everybody says its from lost I found something else search up on Taman Shud and see if you can find any connections between zombies and that case. I dont know enough of the zombies story yet, with the exception of knowing about the characters stories.

#1 ascension, not because its easy but because you can get extremely far very fast. If you do it fast enough it is actually possible to get to 99 on co-op in under 20 hours. And I just like the fact that I have completely mastered this map. I dont play it anymore though because i have been so far so many times.

#2 der riese, this map also goes by extremely fast. About as fast as ascension. and its just fun.

#3 call of the dead, I love this map for some reason. I dont know why but I just do. It takes freakin long though once you get 60+. to much recycling the v-r11.

#4 shang, I have been wanting to get far on this lately because my highest on this is only 47 and I havent played it much.

#5 shi no numa, I dont like this map much but I was ranked #1 on it with 78 rounds so I have good memories of it. It gets boring really fast though.

#6 five, I like it because its hard and fun to play when everything else gets boring.

#7 verruckt, I used to like it alot until the glitchers started taking high records on the leaderboards.

#8 kino, this map used to be really fun until I started playing the classic maps then it just got very boring

#9 nacht, I have gotten really good at this but it just isnt fun to play anymore.

#10 moon, Im just done with this map. I lagged out on 85 and that good enough for me. Its just to boring.

#11 dead ops, I like dead ops but its not really like zombies at all. Its really fun though.

Hey seeing as how you like verruckt so much on solo, I have a question. As I played verruckt WaW version on pc I noticed that the characters voice didnt sound like any I had heard before. He sometimes you messed with the wrong Marine but it sound nothing like Tank. who is the character? Peter maybe??

I don't believe it's Peter. I think the characters in that map are supposed to be random marines that were trapped there. As far as I know that is where Dempsey was captured by 935.

1. Moon - The fact that low gravity pads exist in this map make it so much more fun, the mysteries unfolding each time you see a power up on the landers or whenever you see a QED, especially more fun on co-op when we try to do BBT.

2. Ascension - Gets fun even on high rounds, especially fun with friends, always my second choice on solo because of the Matryoshka dolls and Gersches.

3. CoTD

4. Shangri - La

5. Der Riese

6. Shi no Numa

7. NML

8. Verruckt

9. Five

10. Kino Der Toten

11.NDT

12.DOA

shi no numa 78

You've done higher on that map co-op than I've done solo :lol: until I do my solo WR run on it soon anyways ;)

Good luck on that :D . This used to be may favorite until I did round 57, 78, and then while going to 99 on co-op suicided on 68 out extreme boredom. Its not that I dont like the map but our strategy was kind of boring and too easy. We split up and trapped them in two different rooms.