Do You Want To Run CoDz?

carbonfibah

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

To generate dollars CODZ will need to transform into a business, and will have to face many obstables.

The most logical and profitable way is through advertising. For that to happen CODZ need to generate at minimum thousands of visitors daily to be advertising worthy. Nazi zombies enthusiasts alone will not suffice. CODZ will need to expand to other games to lure more users, and eliminate any competition. CODZ will need to be ONE of the top sites for ALL games, not just zombies.

Treyarch has absolutely no reason to sponsor CODZ, well aware the fact that CODZ members will support nazi zombies, not vice versa. Amazon, Ebay, GameStop and other gaming accessory site might show interest, given that CODZ could generate tens of thousands of users daily.

There are also finances necessary for start up costs, staff will quadruple to handle the load, and other business fees. Investors will be needed, but hard to attract.

In order to help CODZ all members will have to help. First step is the recuit more members, snow ball into a stronger community. CODZ cannot continue to survive solely on donations, it needs to take the necessary steps to evolve into bigger better impact in the gaming world.

To generate dollars CODZ will need to transform into a business, and will have to face many obstables.

The most logical and profitable way is through advertising. For that to happen CODZ need to generate at minimum thousands of visitors daily to be advertising worthy. Nazi zombies enthusiasts alone will not suffice. CODZ will need to expand to other games to lure more users, and eliminate any competition. CODZ will need to be ONE of the top sites for ALL games, not just zombies.

Treyarch has absolutely no reason to sponsor CODZ, well aware the fact that CODZ members will support nazi zombies, not vice versa. Amazon, Ebay, GameStop and other gaming accessory site might show interest, given that CODZ could generate tens of thousands of users daily.

There are also finances necessary for start up costs, staff will quadruple to handle the load, and other business fees. Investors will be needed, but hard to attract.

In order to help CODZ all members will have to help. First step is the recuit more members, snow ball into a stronger community. CODZ cannot continue to survive solely on donations, it needs to take the necessary steps to evolve into bigger better impact in the gaming world.

This site was founded on that fact that it would never be covered with ads all over the place. It's strived for years like that, and I really hope that never changes.

I know ads might be necessary one day, but I'd sure hate to see that day come.

I never really thought highly of others who throw themselves out there, desperate to become apart of the staff necessarily but, given I formally moderated several forums at a different website, I feel as though I could jump in and properly contribute to CoDz as a member of the staff here.

I never really thought highly of others who throw themselves out there, desperate to become apart of the staff necessarily but, given I formally moderated several forums at a different website, I feel as though I could jump in and properly contribute to CoDz as a member of the staff here.

From what I've seen of you I can second that :D

The site was never meant to be a money maker. Undead is right we will not make the site a place to make money off of. Our Founder Carbon put all his time and money into the site and didnt earn a dollar from it. We will continue in this manner.

When the time comes for our dear friend Covert to leave we will then be making more changes to continue the growth of the site and yes there will be more staff changes at that time, Im sure!

The site was never meant to be a money maker. Our Founder Carbon put all his time and money into the site and didnt earn a dollar from it. We will continue in this manor.

For every member who feels they are a part of this community, is extra cheese on your whopper more important than reading your favorite posts? Extra shot of espresso or next great video from chopper? Consider the opportunity cost before ordering that caramel on your ice cream.

I sincerely hope more members read this and make their contributions to help this wonderful community stay afloat.

Long Live CODZ!!!!!!!

One of the main projects going on right now I only wish I could be more involved in at the moment is help with implementing the medals system. The other forums I mentioned also recently added a medals system, and got to help create a handful of them for several forums. Ideas are always useful, yes, but the actual designing and implementing part sounds even better, haha. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Do you want to run CoDz? No, but I would like to help out with the monthly payment.

Have you been around since the World At War Zombie days? OOOh yes I have.

Were you a member on the old forum? I wish

Do you still visit the site? On a daily basis (never miss a day)

Do you play zombies all the time?On a daily basis (never miss a day)

Do you like to make videos? I would love doing so, but I don't have a means of doing so...

Do you like to work on websites? I do. I use the HTML on this site without the buttons. I took years of computer programming in school, so I am pretty good at it. Not the best, but good.

Do you even have any knowledge about how to run a website from the backend? Not exactly, but as I said before, I do not wish to "run" the site. I simply wish to help with the payment on a regular basis. The title of donor would work for me. I could also be used as a mod or whoever is responsible with cleaning up the site.

Do you have a handle on social media and how to use it? Yes, but I for one disagree with such sites. Facebook sells your information to the government and refuses to let you take it off.

Do you know how to run contests and promote the site? Not exactly.

Do you want to become well known the in the CoD community? Absolutely, but not as the head boss man. :mrgreen: I would rather be known through my posts. As I said, Donor would be enough

Do you want to run an amazing community? No. I would like to help support it.

Before I get replies saying, "just donate", I do not wish to randomly donate. I would like a set price that is not covered already. Someone is already paying the money, so I could simply help them. I don't want to drop 20$ and leave it be. The site needs help and I want in.

Do you want to run CoDz? No, but I would like to help out with the monthly payment.

Have you been around since the World At War Zombie days? OOOh yes I have.

Were you a member on the old forum? I wish

Do you still visit the site? On a daily basis (never miss a day)

Do you play zombies all the time?On a daily basis (never miss a day)

Do you like to make videos? I would love doing so, but I don't have a means of doing so...

Do you like to work on websites? I do. I use the HTML on this site without the buttons. I took years of computer programming in school, so I am pretty good at it. Not the best, but good.

Do you even have any knowledge about how to run a website from the backend? Not exactly, but as I said before, I do not wish to "run" the site. I simply wish to help with the payment on a regular basis. The title of donor would work for me. I could also be used as a mod or whoever is responsible with cleaning up the site.

Do you have a handle on social media and how to use it? Yes, but I for one disagree with such sites. Facebook sells your information to the government and refuses to let you take it off.

Do you know how to run contests and promote the site? Not exactly.

Do you want to become well known the in the CoD community? Absolutely, but not as the head boss man. :mrgreen: I would rather be known through my posts. As I said, Donor would be enough

Do you want to run an amazing community? No. I would like to help support it.

Before I get replies saying, "just donate", I do not wish to randomly donate. I would like a set price that is not covered already. Someone is already paying the money, so I could simply help them. I don't want to drop 20$ and leave it be. The site needs help and I want in.

Feel free to get in contact with me. :)

To anyone this would seem like a great opportunity, I tick most of the boxes that Carbon has set out, however im at a time (exam time) where I am struggling to manage my own time never mind such an amazing community.

But im sure you will find someone who is capable of such a task and to them I wish good luck.

Right, I haven't gotten involved in the past as I didn't feel as though I had anything constructive to say. However, now I feel like I need to say something.

Obviously whatever happens, Carbon makes the final decision. This is, and always will be, his site. His Baby. Because of that he must be the one to make the decision. If you have not had any contact with him in the past, you can rule yourself out. If you are not friends with Carbon, you can rule yourself out. I for one would love to put my name forward for this, I can financially uphold the site, and know enough about running a website to do it, but I don't know Carbon at all personally and so know that I will not be an option for him.

-Jolteon

Right now you don't need so many mods I speak for my own experiences only, yet I do believe we (those mods in the UK) all over here have the problem where we did try to moderate, yet our logging on times are seperate from the main times of activity. For example whenever I logged on there were no topics to be allowed, no reports to deal with, nothing to moderate as all had arisen and had been dealt with when I was alseep. ;)

Obviously this is great, any forum which need less mods must be ok, my point of posting was simply to say that while I can't really mod over here unless there's more UK activity, I still want to help out any way I can, I am here even morning 'till evening. :mrgreen:

Well I personally have noticed the activity in the UK has increased quite a lot recently. However, we have both Liam and Milo that can Moderate during the times people from the US aren't around... I think maybe one more UK user who is on EVERY day WITHOUT FAIL is needed, but definately no more than that (hint, I fit the bill ;) ).

All joking aside, this is what I believe the forum needs from the UK, and no more. I cannot say for the US as I am from the UK of course, but from my perspective this is what needs to be done.

-Jolteon