Zombie Suggestions

I would like an option to join a zombie game back you got lagged out of. For example somewhere on the zombie menu would be recent games, and if the game was still progressing you could join back. You would receive the points/guns/perks you had when you disconnected. If you quit, you will join back with a pistol/no perks/ no points. Also with the ability to have 8 players in a zombie game supposedly and different modes, I have some modes to offer up.

8 Players= 2 Teams of 4, Easter egg search. Search for a easter egg in a certain map, who can complete it first? Also similar to a Easter egg hunt but not regarding a map's easter eggs. Easter egg hunt- 8 Players 2 teams of 4, complete a list of objectives before the other team For ex: 1st objective: Have at least one member of your team buy a gun off the wall 2nd objective: 2 members of team get a gun in the mystery box 3rd objective: Get a combined point count of 5000 in your team 4th objective: Have your team open 2 doors etc etc.. you could complete an objective by accident or look at the objective list, as the list goes on it would be harder and harder. The objective lists would consist of a desired number of objectives 20-60. If your whole team is downed, you can get revived by the other team and the other team would choose 5 objectives they dont have to do, or split 40,000 points equally. Or they can let you die and get more time to complete objectives without your team in the way, your team would not spawn until the round is over, but crawlers would not be acceptable, seeing as many objectives would involve zombies anyway, they would be needed, plus a max of 3 mins with crawlers would be allowed.

Based on the number of players things would run differently if you had 7 players the teams would be uneven, the team with less players would receive some benefits. If you have less than 8 players the amount of points/objectives in the easter egg hunt that could be gained would drop based on the amount of players

The 8 player game modes would consist of random characters, these 8 would change every map. But the standardized zombie mode would be 4 players! The 4 players we would expect to be in original zombies after the moon easter egg.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be cool to add new bosses. Not the annoying astronaut or George Romero, but ones specific to rounds. Sure, we have monkeys in ascension, and dogs in Kino, and the napalm and screamer zombies in Shangri-la, but they aren't my image of a boss. We need more like the thief in Five, a real challenge (fine maybe the theif wasn't a REAL challenge). A single zombie that has a lot of health and some kind of weapon in it's arsenal to try to kill you (ex. it can try to rush you with a very high speed, the collision doing damage equivalent to 3 hits). A boss that may make you shutter every 5/10 rounds or so... a challenge with a nice reward - a decent points bonus, max ammo, fire sale/bonfire sale. Bosses keep you on your toes, and to people that invest time into the game, they will be as easy to conquer as making a simple train.

I don't know if this has been said allready or not, but I'll say it again...

There needs to be some way to intagrate guns from other games, that we werent able to enjoy (ex. AK47, M60) and guns from the box in W@W that we lost in the change over to BO (MG-42, PPSH, Browning) into the new zombie maps. It would probably end up happening as a DLC where you'd buy maybe a "W@W Weapon Pack" and all of the W@W box weapons would be available during gameplay. I don't know about you guys, but I'd kill to get my hands on a PPSH and a MG42 again.

Easter egg songs need to return. They don't have to be by Elena, but just something cool to find and jam to while slaying the undead. Easter eggs in general, too. Things that'll take forever to find or hints to past/future maps/storylines. There are just so many things that could possibly be in this game... it's almost unreal...

I have had this idea since WaW, hope the zombie team hear about this!

Ya'know when everyone has bought their perks, got everything they wanted.. well it get a little boring slaying zombies after zombies and having to keep swapping weapons because you never seem to get the power-ups you need. So what about a power-up machine or machines?

When your out of ammo, you have zombies spawning all around and you need something fast, no chance of killing a few to find a power up, looks like you have to buy it!

The power ups should cost a lot of points, otherwise earlier rounds will get used up with non-stop insta-kills and nukes.

Late rounds usually mean your fully equipped, non stop zombie killing with nothing to buy, so all that money gets saved up! Pretty useful to have a power-up machine, huh?

Beginning of a round and need the box? buy carpenter for half price and use your spare time wisely ;) Hope this idea gets used in some way, maybe it would help with the zombie game modes in Black Ops 2??

Thanks! - Matt O'Sullivan

How about a twist on the boss rounds?

I was thinking for the boss rounds a certain weapon had to be used in order to kill them, such as a turret like the ones in kino, bullet weapons could kill them in the earlier rounds but at late rounds you will need those mounted weapons to kill them, it also helps to get rid of your extra points.

Or there could be a certain way to kill them such as throwing an explosive at them then using a turret or a certain weapon to finish them off.

Traps

If traps are going to be included underpower them, people moan about them not being there but i think its far too easy to get a train going, spray bullets into them and lead them into a trap and repeat.

How about a cage trap? what it does is it traps a group of zombies in there for 30 seconds,then releases them. Useful do do some damage to them safely or grab weapons etc. Also to avoid griefing or trolling whatever you want to call it it wont trap your teammates, they will be able to walk through it, so they cant get trapped. Zombies will still be able to hurt you though if you walk into the trap.

Doors

The ability to close doors after they have been opened, it will cost half the price of what it costs to open it, and can only be done once each round, zombies can still break the door and get in but it will take 3 to 5x as long as breaking a normal barrier, therefore giving you a bit of breathing time and getting rid of those points.

Perks

This one may sound a bit odd but how about a perk which when bought protects your other perks, so when you go down you wont lose your perks except the protect-a-perk one, it would have to cost a lot though so its not overpowered, it still sounds a bit silly to me but putting it out there anyway.

What do you think? What's good and what's bad? :D

Easter egg songs need to return. They don't have to be by Elena, but just something cool to find and jam to while slaying the undead. Easter eggs in general, too. Things that'll take forever to find or hints to past/future maps/storylines. There are just so many things that could possibly be in this game... it's almost unreal...

Yea, I mean the reason I said Elena is cause the songs are pretty much unique to just Zombies game mode. Though if they could get other bands to make songs relating to it (like they got avenged sevenfold to do the CoTD song), would be pretty awesome too.

Yea, I mean the reason I said Elena is cause the songs are pretty much unique to just Zombies game mode. Though if they could get other bands to make songs relating to it (like they got avenged sevenfold to do the CoTD song), would be pretty awesome too.

If only we were still in the golden age of Metal... we could have zombies songs by bands like Metallica (we still could...). Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Guns & Roses, Megadeth, etc.

If only we were still in the golden age of Metal... we could have zombies songs by bands like Metallica (we still could...). Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Guns & Roses, Megadeth, etc.

Lol, idk much of the "golden age" just some metallica as i recently got into metal. But maybe some bring me the horizon, or Escape the fate would be amazing for me personally.

I highly suggest that around every 25 or 30 rounds there should be a boss. Around the same size as the zombies so he or she can move around the hallways and staircases. When the boss dies he should give a perk cola and a max ammo. I think there should be a boss because after so many rounds zombies gets a little boring. I think a boss would spicen up the game and get more players. Also I think that the more a person shoots the gun they are wielding, the more powerful it should get. My reasoning for this is because in the far rounds, normal guns barely do anything even with the pack-a-punch. But my very most suggestion would be a attachment store. Around the size of a mule-kick perk box. You could use it to buy sights for certain guns. Sort of like in MW3 special ops where you could buy attachments for the guns. This way instead of a ACOG on the AUG in Black ops 1. People could get a red dot for it, or maybe extended mag. I feel that it would be a huge hit on Zombies for Black ops 2. I realize the some of this will make zombies easier, so why not make the zombies a little harder? But an attachment store will make zombies very fun for everyone.

Lol, idk much of the "golden age" just some metallica as i recently got into metal. But maybe some bring me the horizon, or Escape the fate would be amazing for me personally.

Check out some of the bands I mentioned above, they're the best in their genre for sure!

hey , just got an idea and posted in another thread just thought it would fit here ^^

awsome idea and i have an idea which is relevant.... why not make responses from one quote to another , for example : takeo says : " we r not doing anything ! Robots get us no honor " (Improvising xP) and nikolai answers : "atleast they get us more time to drink vodka heh" , and maybe entering a girl's response (samantha) "mr. nikolai .... what is that vodka u talk much about? " ......... just brainstormin here xD
wouldn't that be cool?

Please note that I haven't read the entire thread, and I'm sure some of the things I have posted have already been said. This is from a casual Zombie player. I am nowhere as good or knowledgeable as you guys. I do love Zombies though, it is so much fun. This is just a few suggestions I would like to see. (Keep in mind that the furthest round I have ever gotten was wave 30 in Kino).

I play with 3 people including me and I found that Zombies lasts a very long time. I think we spent 3+ hours just getting to wave 30 until we got very tired and couldn't play longer. It may be slow, but this was because we left a crawler alive so we can get the mystery box and other perks in the game. Plus it was a way for us just to relax and take a quick break (bathroom, get food, etc.) I'm sure others can get to the higher rounds faster, but as a casual fan, this was a problem. There should be some sort of checkpoint where you can pause and save the game. If everyone dies, then you start over from round one.

The rounds got really repetitive when it was the same zombies coming in. This could have changed past round 30, but it still took us a while to get there. I would definitely like to see difficult boss zombies. If there are four players in the room, then the boss round spawns four boss zombies. Something unique quite often makes the game more fun.

I would also like objectives in the survivals rounds that need to be complete in order to open another part of the map instead of just buying the doors to open.

Give us temporary unique items to use. The timings can be changed. Examples:

Ground Freeze - Iceball that can be thrown on the ground. This slows the zombies down in that certain area for two minutes. Players would be slowed also, but not as much as zombies. They can become immune by purchasing an ice drink.

Fire zone – Fireball that can be thrown on the ground. This burns zombies and lcauses low but steady damage to zombies as long as they are in the area. This lasts for two minutes. Players can also be damaged, but not as much as zombies. They can become immune by purchasing a hot coffee.

Disorientation – This ball can be thrown on the ground. This will confuse zombies and they will run in circles in the same area for a minute. Players will see a fuzzy screen if they run through it. They can become immune by purchasing an Advil.

Speed - Temporary buff that increases your speed for 10 seconds.

Invisibility - Go invisible for 10 seconds. This can be great if you get surrounded by zombies.

Stun Gun –stuns the zombies for 10 seconds. Great if you stun them in the right area.

Bubble zone – A small bubble around your character where zombies cannot enter. This is great if you are on the verge of death.

I love the current perks in BO, it is actually a really good and makes the game more fun to be more powerful. I haven’t thought of more perks that can be added yet.

I would like a type of Exp system that wouldn't give you an unfair advantage over other players but when you "level up" you get point or tokens that can be used to buy powers up like max ammo that can be used when you really need it since getting power ups in later rounds is pain.

I would love to see a massive 8 player map where you start of in teams of 4 and must unite like in Veruckt. When you finally do meet up you would get the option to PaP and get all the different perks. This could also be the map where the original 4(-Richtofen) meet the 4 new people they may have.

I would love to see a massive 8 player map where you start of in teams of 4 and must unite like in Veruckt. When you finally do meet up you would get the option to PaP and get all the different perks. This could also be the map where the original 4(-Richtofen) meet the 4 new people they may have.

Or on your own, second door gets you to another player, eventually you have 4, then the power room brings you all together.

PERKS

Gunslingsi

Allows a player to pick up a dead teammate's gun for the cost of 1500 points. Disappears when down.

Vision-Up

Allows the player to see a = farther distance, also able to identify teammates subtitles across the map.

NEW ZOMBIES

Ice Zombie

Can only be found on outdoor maps or maps with water sources, such as lakes, rivers, or ponds. Emerges out of water. When too close, the zombie lunges at the player and he turns to ice and is frozen in place for five seconds. Boss. Comes every five rounds once debris barrier is opened.

Flying Zombie

Can be found generally on any map. Indoor maps have to have windows. This zombie comes through a window or flies over an outdoor map. To avoid this zombie, you must stay away. Otherwise, it will come near you and pick you up. It will carry you around the map for a while and drop you from great heights. This perk of the zombie is only available on outdoor maps. Can fly over map quickly and can also land and enfold its wings to walk like a regular zombie. Boss. Appears every ten rounds, regardless of any doors opened.

PERKS

Flying Zombie

Can be found generally on any map. Indoor maps have to have windows. This zombie comes through a window or flies over an outdoor map. To avoid this zombie, you must stay away. Otherwise, it will come near you and pick you up. It will carry you around the map for a while and drop you from great heights. This perk of the zombie is only available on outdoor maps. Can fly over map quickly and can also land and enfold its wings to walk like a regular zombie. Boss. Appears every ten rounds, regardless of any doors opened.

PHD Flopper... 8-)

Check out some of the bands I mentioned above, they're the best in their genre for sure!

I would love love something from We Are the Emergency. I think metal definitely has to be the genre: it's fast paced and gets you pumped.

I would love love something from We Are the Emergency. I think metal definitely has to be the genre: it's fast paced and gets you pumped.

I just checked them out... A little to pop-y for my tastes, but not bad. I still think they should get a Metallica song in there...

I would like Treyarch to go a little further with the whole zombie idea instead of just a couple of new maps with a few new weapons or something. Maybe the normal maps where you have to try and survive as long as you can but also have maps with other objectives perhaps? Maybe a zombie campaign or something similar?

My first post in months, I knew I just had to come here when I saw that Black Ops 2 trailer =P