Next map ideas....

Der atzi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking we should make a return to Germany. a map in the abononded Versallies Palace, after the rockets hit the Earth, which is not destroyed (except most of America and parts of Central and South, the Rockets also spread the 115 Virus.

Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo and Samantha would return, so would the Wunderwaffe DG-2, along with a new Wonder Weapon The Vrill Incinerator, a Very Powerful Flamethrower, Gershes and QED's also return

The Hellhounds would return, and there would be a major big EE which would involve trying to stop Richtofen and saving Planet Earth from total doom.

and there would be a new perk called Vulture-Dew, which would allow you to pick up guns and ammo from your downed teammates.

Anyway, here's some more info

Spawn

A Big Grand Entrance room, room is nearly identical to MP40 room in Kino except that it's in better shape.

There are 2 doors on each side of the stairs, leading to various places

Notable Items

Quick Revive (1500/500)

Olympia (500)

M14 (500)

Teddy Bear for Musical EE

Mainframe

2 Doors (Each 750)

Garden

The left door leads to a small garden, it is easy to get trapped here. as it is narrow

Notable Items

Mule Kick (4000)

MPL (1000)

1 Door (1000)

Labs

The right door leads to the labratories, the area is about the same size as the Moon labs. there are two floors, gas zombies will only spawn if you enter the Labs, You need to buy the second floor too.

Notable Items

Double Tap Root Beer (2000)

Speed Cola (3000)

PM63 (1000)

Hacker (Free)

2 Doors (1000 Each)

Control Room

Both ways lead to the Control Room, where the power switch is located, The Control Room is very large, and is a good place to camp until the late 20's with a good team

Notable Items

Power Switch

Origional Mystery Box Spawn

Juggernog (2500)

Bowie Knife (3000)

Stakeout (1500)

2 Doors (Each 1000)

Teleporter 1

Dr.Maxis Secret Office

The left door leads to Dr.Maxis's secret office in the basement, the room is darker then the rest of the map. making it tougher somtimes, the area is fairly large, equivilent to the Catwalk Room in Der Reise

Notable Items

AK74u (1200)

PhD Flopper (2000)

Semtex Grenades (250)

Teleporter 2

1 Door (750)

Dining Hall

The right door leads to a large dining hall, with a centerpiece dining table with chandlier showcasing the room, with the fireplace crackling in the background

Notable Items

Stamin-Up (2000)

MP5K (1000)

Radio

1 Door (750)

Theater

Both doors in the Secret Office and the Dining Hall lead to a large Theater, a very good camping spot too. where players can ethier run around the stage or group in a spot together

Notable Items

Claymores (1000)

Escape Elevator (250)

HS10 (1250)

Vulture-Dew (4500)

Teleporter 3

Throne Room

Room is unlocked once all the teleporters have been linked to the mainframe like Der Reise, the room contains the Pack-A-Punch Machine, which can be used at the players whim unlike Shangri-La and Moon, this room is the best place to camp in the map

Notable Items

MP40 (1000)

Deadshot Daiquiri (1500)

Pack-A-Punch (5000)

Easter Egg info soon

I liked it until I noticed 3 things 1 this map is bacicly a mixture of old maps put together, 2 the hacker can't be brought back to every map willy-nilly, it's like the gersh devise, only put it in the map if it's supper important, like moon or der reise, and 3 it is WAY too easy to activate the pap room, it shouldnt be open permanently once you've activated the teleporters.

But aside from that this is pretty good...

I liked it until I noticed 3 things 1 this map is bacicly a mixture of old maps put together, 2 the hacker can't be brought back to every map willy-nilly, it's like the gersh devise, only put it in the map if it's supper important, like moon or der reise, and 3 it is WAY too easy to activate the pap room, it shouldnt be open permanently once you've activated the teleporters.

But aside from that this is pretty good...

first thing, thanks for the compliments.

and on your critics, the map is supposed to be the combination of the classics , while still having a fresh new feeling.

on the hacker, you have a good point, but it's important for this map, mainly the EE (Which I will post later), I have Monkey Bombs back in this map because it's in Germany, and of course, I brought back the DG-2

Hmm, good point on PaP, how about you have to link the teleporters everytime you want to enter the Throne Room, and then it works like the Five PaP room then. If one person is still in the room, the door won't close, or l ike the Kino pap room, you stay in there, until you take the elevator out. then have to reactive the teleporters?

TheZombieChicklet does have a nice idea for a map, but there are a few things.

1) Camping shouldn't be easy, especially near the Pack-a-Punch. It's perfectly fine for the Pack-a-Punch to always be available. It was in Der Riese and Ascension. However, in both of those maps it was difficult or impossible to camp near it. Make it permanently available but in a difficult spot to stay in.

2) It's alright for the hacker to reappear, but there needs to be another piece of equipment for the players to switch it out for (i.e., the P.E.S.). Otherwise, it will be too easy for the player to hold on to it for the whole game, and they'll also hog it from the other players. Make an equally necessary piece of equipment to switch it out for.

3) Vulture-Dew seems overpowered. One of the main difficulties of zombies is ammo conservation, and if this perk acts like you said it would in solo and replenishes ammo from zombies, then players would never run out of ammo and could just spray the Wunderwaffe willy-nilly. A perk that can get the player more ammo is a nice idea, but the ammo needs to be harder to obtain.

Whenever you think of something that can help the player, you need to think of something else to counter it so it doesn't become overpowered and make the game too easy. Counter these ideas with a new difficult element, and you've got some nice additions.

Versallies achievments

Mr.Gorilla's Might (15G) Kill 10 or more zombies with one Pack-A-Punched Monkey Bomb

Mystic Giver (20G) Allow your teamates to take 5 weapons from 5 Pack-a-Punched QED's

Flame Broiled (25G) Burn 15 or more zombies with one Vrill Incinerator burst

Elevate Me (5G) Use the Escape Elevator

Marathon Linker (30G) Link all three teleporters in 2 minutes or less without a crawler

Suicide King (20G) Kill a Suicide Zombie before it can explode.

Athmospheric Medicine (100G) Encounter the Device

KA-Boom (125G) Destroy The MDT

Easter Egg info soon

TheZombieChicklet does have a nice idea for a map, but there are a few things.

1) Camping shouldn't be easy, especially near the Pack-a-Punch. It's perfectly fine for the Pack-a-Punch to always be available. It was in Der Riese and Ascension. However, in both of those maps it was difficult or impossible to camp near it. Make it permanently available but in a difficult spot to stay in.

2) It's alright for the hacker to reappear, but there needs to be another piece of equipment for the players to switch it out for (i.e., the P.E.S.). Otherwise, it will be too easy for the player to hold on to it for the whole game, and they'll also hog it from the other players. Make an equally necessary piece of equipment to switch it out for.

3) Vulture-Dew seems overpowered. One of the main difficulties of zombies is ammo conservation, and if this perk acts like you said it would in solo and replenishes ammo from zombies, then players would never run out of ammo and could just spray the Wunderwaffe willy-nilly. A perk that can get the player more ammo is a nice idea, but the ammo needs to be harder to obtain.

Whenever you think of something that can help the player, you need to think of something else to counter it so it doesn't become overpowered and make the game too easy. Counter these ideas with a new difficult element, and you've got some nice additions.

1. Ehh, very much true, thinking about it, I have too many easy camping spots. I should just trim it down to one. probaly Dr.Maxis's secret office, Through I would prefer to have Pack-A-Punch always avalible in this map

2. Well maybe the PES could return, due to the damage to the Earth, but other then possibly bringing back the PES, im not sure what kind of equipment would be suitable for the map

3. Yeah, good point I guess, the multiplayer version isen't as overpowering as solo, as it requires players to die, but it would allow good players to treat noobs bad and take there stuff. I should have thought Vulture-Dew a little more through.

I sometimes dream of highly detailed new maps when I sleep after playing too much zombies.

I discussed the two most recent ones here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=19356

but honestly I should have put it in this forum.

I don't think we can discuss future EE's or WW's for a whole lot of reasons, mostly because its nothing but fanfic that cannot realistically fit into the zombies story, but outlining map settings and mechanics is totally possible

I agree, but perhaps in the future a trayarch zombie writer may be fresh out of ideas and come looking here! Besides it might be possible, trayarch was looking to hire new writers earlier this year... Could mean they know everything about zombies beginning and end, but are still looking for a few pieces to fit the final puzzle....that they could find here!

maybe, but the problem is that the zombie story goes off in such wild tangents that you can't keep up. In fact, its designed that way to keep things interesting; every new map presents new twists in the story and fantastical new settings.

I mean who could see something like Richtofen bodyswapping with Sam coming? The next set of maps will present similarly unseeable twists and turns

The Versallies Easter Egg

Maxis's Master Plan

Required Items

Someone as Samantha

Hacker

Wunderwaffe DG-2 (Needs to be PaPed)

The Vrill Incinerator (Needs to be PaPed)

Ray Gun (Needs to be PaPed)

3 QED's (2 Needs to be PaPed)

2 Monkey Bombs (1 needs to be PaPed)

Step 1

Turn on the Power

Step 2

Go to the Garden and if you look outside the map, there will be a glowing white switch like device, first you must throw a Monkey Bomb at the switch, then you must throw a QED at the switch, it will then teleport the switches to the Control Room, where you must flip the switches in a spefific order (the middle one first, the left one second and the right one third) once done, the switches will go into the ground and Ludwig Maxis will say "If you are receiving this message, Richtofen has entered the device and you have activated Plan B on the Moon, I now ask you to help me stop Richtofen's evil, The Fate of the World and the Human Civillization rests in your hands, You will receive further instructions when needed" Maxis will now instruct you on what to do from here on out.

Step 3

Once you do that, you must find 5 stones scattered across the map, and knife them, however they must be knifed in a spefific order

The order is Moon, A Question Mark, Flame, Lightning and A Harp, they are located in order

Spawn, Control Room, Second Floor of Labs, Theater, Throne Room

Step 4

You must have the hacker for this step| once you complete step 3. you must have a computer in the control room for 250 points

once you do that 5 green panels will appear in the Spawn, the Control Room, the Throne Room, Dr. Maxis's Office and

the Theater. you must hack them within 1 minute 30 seconds or you must hack the panel in the Control Room again

Step 5

You must do this step during a Hellhound Round| During the First Hellhound Round after Step 4, Four Switches will appear over the box spawns in the

Control Room, Spawn Area. Theater and Maxis's Office, all players must flip these switches at the same time, doing so will deactivate the Facility's

Security System, and paves a way for the next step

(You need 4 Players for this step)

Step 6

You need the PaPed QED and Monkey Bomb. along with someone as Samantha to do this step| Maxis will now instruct you to retreive a special stone needed to continue with his plan

However he forwarns only a German will be able to pick up the stone, otherwise it will break, players must now go to the Throne Room and throw a PaPed Monkey Bomb, the Gorilla Bomb

at the Chandolier, if thrown right, part of the ceiling will crack and a stone will fall on the Chandiler. then one must throw a PaPed QED (The Mystifyer) at the Chandiler, doing so will teleport the Stone

to a Table in Spawn, where Samantha must pick it up, then Samantha must go to Maxis's office and put a wire that must be found in the labs between the Charging Station and the Computer across from the Power Switch

then she must charge the stone at the Charging Station (like you must charge the rod in Moon) once done, the players must go to the Throne Room

Step 7

Once there, players will see a Device that Ludwig Maxis explains is the HAARP (Prounced as Harp) a device that can be used to do anything the user wishes. The Device is coded to recharge the Damaged Athmosphere (damaged by Maxis's rockets on the Moon)

but the players must first power it up with Element 115. The player must shoot the device with two Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ Shots. 2 Porter's X2 Ray Gun shots. One V115 Simerator burst and kill 40 Zombies/Hellhounds near it, once the device is fully charged

Samantha must put the stone (which is the HAARP Spehere) in the Device, then flip the switch next to it, the Device will then break a hole through the glass and repair the Athmosphere.

Samantha will be rewarded with all 9 perks now, and The players are rewarded with the achievment "Athmospheric Medicine" once the step is complete

Step 8

Once The HAARP has done it's part. Maxis's asks the players to do one more thing for him. That is destroy the Moon, and destroy Richtofen

The players must now find 4 dials scattered across the map (one in the Spawn, one in the Control Room, one in the Theater, and one in Maxis's Office, the players must turn these dials until in order they show

the numbers 5983, the dials work the same as the Call of the Dead dials, and are done in the same way

Step 9

Once that is done, Maxis's informs them that one last thing must be done before launch may commence. the players must go back to the Throne Room, and Samantha must throw a PaPed QED at the Stone, this will teleport the stone to the launch panel that now appears in the Garden

The players must go there, and Maxis informs them that everything is ready and thanks them for there help and that launch will commence once the switch on the panel is flipped, hit the action button to flip it

and the Rockets will launch up and slowly go to the Moon until they blow it up, Maxis will laugh in glee that Richtofen is gone, and the other three players receive all 9 perks, and all players receive the "Ka-Boom" achievment. but they then hear

a message from someone they didn't expect.

A Quote from the EE

Richtofen "FOOLS!!!!! You think Maxis stupid plan to get rid of me would work? GUESS AGAIN, ZE DOCTOR WILL RIP YOU LIMB BY LIMB, SPLEEN BY SPLEEN UNTIL YOU BEG FOR YOUR MISERABLE

EXSISTENCE........ SPLEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! now good day"

That officaly ends the Easter Egg

----------------------------------

What do you guys think????

No... Yours should come before mine! But don't use the Harrp just yet... Nikolai knows about it for some mysterious reason.... And dont fix the atmosphere just yet... Oh and my review:

1 wwwaaaayyyy too much pap equipment, it's hard enough to get the objects out of the box let alone pap them....

2 to little time to hack all of the switchs, four min sounds more likely considering one one person is soposed to get the hacker...

3 if a map has a mini ee like cryogenic slumber party, it should be able to be done in solo....

4 for the love of god! No! No special round buttons like in accession! I hated that!

5samantha shouldn't have to pick up the stone IF! It's solo...

6 is there some way of finding out what order to push the buttons and set the dials?

7 this seems a bit too complicated, unless you can buy the dh2 or the raygun from the wall, that will help...

And 8 this looks as if you took all the chalenges and even some of the events from past ee and crammed them all together.... Getting the sphere with the pap monkey bomb:moon excavater tunnel six, buttons in order, shangri la... Hacking terminals,moon... Rockets firing at the moon,moon... And the dials from call of the dead....

This looks like a great idea, just the way of going about it needs to be tweaked a tad....good job!

No... Yours should come before mine! But don't use the Harrp just yet... Nikolai knows about it for some mysterious reason.... And dont fix the atmosphere just yet... Oh and my review:

1 wwwaaaayyyy too much pap equipment, it's hard enough to get the objects out of the box let alone pap them....

2 to little time to hack all of the switchs, four min sounds more likely considering one one person is soposed to get the hacker...

3 if a map has a mini ee like cryogenic slumber party, it should be able to be done in solo....

4 for the love of god! No! No special round buttons like in accession! I hated that!

5samantha shouldn't have to pick up the stone IF! It's solo...

6 is there some way of finding out what order to push the buttons and set the dials?

7 this seems a bit too complicated, unless you can buy the dh2 or the raygun from the wall, that will help...

And 8 this looks as if you took all the chalenges and even some of the events from past ee and crammed them all together.... Getting the sphere with the pap monkey bomb:moon excavater tunnel six, buttons in order, shangri la... Hacking terminals,moon... Rockets firing at the moon,moon... And the dials from call of the dead....

This looks like a great idea, just the way of going about it needs to be tweaked a tad....good job!

1. That's supposed to increase the diffuctily of it, I was trying to make this one a little harder then the others

2. The Hacker Glitch returns, helping in that, through in solo, I guess the time could be loner, or in co-op too

3. Ehh, good point I guess. I could change step 5 a little

4. I wanted something to be have to be done in a Hellhound Round, and I figured that would be the best thing for the dog round,

6. yes, there are radios and papers around the map that would tell you what order they need to go

7. The box is a little bit luckier in this map, helping out in getting all the weapons you need, but still, Difficulty factor is what I wanted.

8. Okay, maybe I did use some ideas from the previous EE's, but Versallies is supposed to be a mix of old and new, and the EE follows that too.

Personally my favoratie part of the EE is Richtofen's last laugh, pointing to the fact this battle isen't over.

Well I am using my own ideas. Yes I could've delayed using the HARRP, but I felt like it would be best implemented back home in Germany, at Versallies. and fix the Athmosphere. through you do make some vailid points. And I have the HARRP as Maxis's secret plan should Richtofen ever go rogue, which he did, Samantha knows about it by being his daughter. I made her the main implement of the EE for a reason.

But thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it, Ive worked really hard on this idea for a map and am proud of it.

Through back on Step 5, Im thinking maybe instead of the wall levers, maybe something like the LUNA thing from Ascension with the Escape Elevators? yeah, that works alot better.

and I have it so you would spawn as Samantha more then the others in Solo.