Undead Killer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double Tap?

*Double Tap* (2000)

Your tap will now be doubled with this rapid-fire-on-steroids perk. It increases your fire rate 33%, meaning that automatic weapons fire with 33% of their normal RPM. Semi-auto's, pump-action and three burst guns get a quicker trigger. What does this mean? It definitely constitutes two things: 1) you will kill zombies faster and 2) your HK21 and RPK will be elevated to overpowered status.

However, Double Tap can also lead to another thing: waste of ammo. This can be prevented by firing into a horde/line of zombies (via a rape train or effective route) or by only using Double Tap for your HK21, the latter of which a lot of people do.

-Usefulness 3.5/5, 5/5 (HK21 & RPK)-

Simply put, your HK21 and RPK, regular and PaP'd (pack-a-punched) won't be at their full potential without this perk. The upgraded HK21 is a monster of a gun with a faster fire rate. Picture this: you have a giant zombie horde, a PaP'd gun with 900 bullets, PLUS the added fire rate of, oh, say, an Enfield. Your RPK, with 750 bullets, now will fire as fast as a FAMAS and AUG! Incredible.

While people can be correct about advising against Double Tap, the disclaimer is there, "Except for the HK21 and RPK".

Now for the rest of the guns, it all depends on playstyle. If you are using a wall gun, with an excellent rape training strategy, the extra fire rate, will undoubtedly aid you in slaying zombitches. If you are camping with guns like a PaP'd Galil and Commando, you'll certainly burn through ammo faster than you can say Edward Richtofen. That being said, camping is effective only in multiplayer, and only in 4 player games will rape training net you around 10 zombies. Not really worth it then for the non-exceptions.

What does this all mean? It is a fact that bullets go through as many zombies as possible. Therefore, the more zombies you have to eat your bullets coming in at an alarmingly fast rate, the more useful Double Tap becomes. That's the long story.

Short version: get DT with a Light Machine Gun (LMG) no matter what, get Double Tap on Kino and Five (for 1-2 player games), and always take into account your strategy (if you kill zombies all once, then DT will help you, if you kill them one by one as they spawn, avoid DT).

then the worst perk in the game, double tap...

double-tap is 50/50 for me

Co-op:Juggs,Quick revive,Flopper,and Speed Cola would be my 4 perk choices

Were all different, I have poor hand eye coordination, so I contantly waist amo shooting walls :( . No need to waist twice as much, but the best way to do any perk combo, it to do either the full moon, or shangri la Easter eggs, you get all the perks! Shaweeeet! Speaking of which does anyone have any tips for doing the shangri la ee with randoms? I need all the help I can get. :D

then the worst perk in the game, double tap...

double-tap is 50/50 for me

Co-op:Juggs,Quick revive,Flopper,and Speed Cola would be my 4 perk choices

Were all different, I have poor hand eye coordination, so I contantly waist amo shooting walls :( . No need to waist twice as much, but the best way to do any perk combo, it to do either the full moon, or shangri la Easter eggs, you get all the perks! Shaweeeet! Speaking of which does anyone have any tips for doing the shangri la ee with randoms? I need all the help I can get. :D

thanks quite alright my friend

i spend a decent amount of time playing CoD on the Wii,so you HAVE to have good cordination

I got into an accident as a kid, killed a lot of my nerves and severed my hand eye, Then I spent the rest of my childhood playing Mario and rgp games, when I got an xbox a few years back I became determined to succeed at zombies, and I've managed to get to round 20 sometimes, but my goal of round 50+ is still a longshot, but enough about that, deadshot daiquiri makes zombies almost too easy to kill, and speed is amazing with the Ray gun,jst saying...

I got into an accident as a kid, killed a lot of my nerves and severed my hand eye, Then I spent the rest of my childhood playing Mario and rgp games, when I got an xbox a few years back I became determined to succeed at zombies, and I've managed to get to round 20 sometimes, but my goal of round 50+ is still a longshot, but enough about that, deadshot daiquiri makes zombies almost too easy to kill, and speed is amazing with the Ray gun,jst saying...

um...........sorry to here that bud,sounds like every gamers nightmare :(

and i havn't used much of deadshock,but from what i hear,its basically steady aim,with aim asist

um...........sorry to here that bud,sounds like every gamers nightmare :(

and i havn't used much of deadshock,but from what i hear,its basically steady aim,with aim asist

Eh... What can you do.... And yes it works like that, but it focuses on the head of a zombie, so it's more like instant headshots.

I like Double Tap more than any perk (yes even more than Jugg. While it is the most useful, I enjoy the affect of Double Tap more). I use Semi-Auto weapons more than most, and I have a really fast trigger finger, so I like the speed it gives me. When I use wall guns for training, I like to quickly turn corners and unload an entire clip in 3 seconds so I dont get stuck unloading and caught from behind in my circle. 3 Round Burst weapons benefit incredibly. All the shots hit so quick that the recoil (EPC WN. Favorite weapon. M16. Favorite wall gun) is almost nonexistant.

I LOVED deadshot, but I got really used to quickly adjusting my aim UP to hit the heads without it, so now it kinda screws me up, because I shoot over their heads sometimes.

In terms of "My favorite" and not "usefulness" I would go: Double Tap, Stamin-Up, Juggernog, Speed Cola, Mule Kick, PhD Flopper, Deadshot, Quick Revive.

• 1 year later...

Here is my theory

Solo: Jug, Speed, Mule Kick, Double Tap, Stamin-up, etc.

Co-Op: Same

Why even separate the two?....

No offense, but isn't that pretty obvious? For example, I won't use stamin-up in solo because there's no good reason. But if I'm playing a public match with a bunch of randoms who go half-way across the map 3 times per round, it's almost a necessity. Or perhaps the only reason I buy mule kick is so that I can get either the crossbow or the ballistics knife to revive teammates. Not to mention the differences that QR has between the 2...

My personal preference is

Solo: Jug, Speed, double tap, PhD

Co-op: Jug, speed, mule-kick (for Krauss refibrillator), phd

• 1 year later...

When i play town (COOP) i use the all perks bug (buy tombstone and more 3 perks, die and buy the perks you did not have, then get ur tombstone!)

Solo: Jug, Quick Revive, Stamin up min up, speed cola

Coop: Jug, Stamin UP, Speed Cola,Double tap Root beer, 

2nd- Jug, Speed Cola, PHD, Quick Revive< SOLO

• 2 months later...

For Buried where I can get all the perks except for Who's Who and Electric Cherry (I'm not complaining) I usually grab Juggernog and Quick Revive before round 4-ish, open up everything I need, hit the box, open the mansion door and grab Double Tap, go through the witch's mansion and grab that free perk, repeat every couple of rounds. Buried is so ridiculously easy that way.

• 3 months later...