~The Master Zombies Guide~

Ehjookayted

Gersch devive can be used in following ways:

1. Panic object (kinda like monkey bomsbs) If you see a swamp of zombies running into you and you have no where to run but have about 3-5 seconds before they close in on you. This will most likely save your ass but it can take a while to activate so it is not very reliable. Similar thing with monkey bombs.

2. To simply teleport yourself for any reason like reviving your partner if you think you won't make it in time or if you want to get past that broken excavator.

3. To trigger drops. One of the most important uses of gerrsch device is that it can kill zombies at any round which trigger drops. This is the only way you can get drops at high rounds since all the weapons become useless in terms of killing zombies and triggering drops.

4. I agree that this can hardly be used as a reviving tool because it kills zombies and this is not what you want when you are going to revive your downed teamate. However if the zombies are closing in on you in a 2 player game (after reviving) and if the situation is chaotic this can be a life saver.

Ex: You throw the gersch devive far away from zombies. And you both jump into it to escape zombies closing in on you. This should only be used in extreme cases when both players are in trouble because the gersch can trigger zombies to spawn which can down the teammate again who is missing jugs. Another crucial thing to do is not to panic and horde up the zombies in case you kill them. I remember once I had a thundergun fail and i killed all the zombies and went down instantly from a cralwer after getting red from the horde at a high round. I just made a train and got juggernaut. Training is not that difficult especially with more players. Running to jugs without waiting for zombies to come to you is a foolish move.

I agree with all of that, which is why I suggested that the uses of the monkies and devices in the guide be amended to reflect that. Panic device, yes. Go-to for revival in most cases? No.

Training can be easy with multiple players, but this makes several assumptions:

1. everyone stops killing for a long while. If you just got revived and need jug, you are foolish to do it during a spawn. If a bomb kills several zombies, they will spawn in front of you while moving.

The longer you wait to get jug, the higher chance one player will go down. The more times a player goes down, the more times others need to alter strategies and take risks to get them up. So everyone needs to stop killing until a full spawn is achieved during the revival process, even if the person getting jug has a group behind them it won't be a problem unless there are more spawning in front of them while trying to move.

So it boils down to that everyone has a higher chance of survival depending on how few zombies are killed during the revive, so if it can be done without an attractive device, its better for everyone. (as a side note, I know players who actively avoid Carpenter powerups after round 35 just to make sure the spawns are smooth rather than buildups at one window for this same reason)

2. The people reading and using this guide are already experts and kiting, herding, and survival. This may seem like a weird assumption, but keep in mind that the people finding the guide most useful are those who are still developing all these strategies. They will also be the ones who have the hardest time surviving for any significant time sans jug. I find for intermediate players who will have the most usefulness in this guide, suggesting to use the monkies or devices as a primary revival mechanism is ineffective. I'd say that using those to revive is a very polar strategy; used by rookies who absolutely need them and real pros who know how to manipulate the zombie flows fluidly. For the intermediate, I think they should be used with the most caution.

Probably the best perk when you want to kill George quicker with dragunov or pretty much any other weapon mid round. This info was meant for people that are less familiar with what the perk can do. Killing George in solo is one of the crucial things to do in order to manage ammunition needs for this map because there is no wonderweapon that can instantly kill zombies except wunderwaffe so I can see the significance of this perk.

I wasn't commenting on the perk, I was saying that the hip fire spread is decreased, not increased. The area where the bullets will fire randomly is a smaller window, not bigger. Its just a typo I was pointing out.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a word I can never remember how to spell.

Its a great guide, especially the first section. I see the other sections as basically starting points to build from for intermediate players. There are safe tactics I use on each map that I know yield more points or are slightly quicker, and advanced strategies that work well without getting trapped in lock-step.

Always more work to do, but I think I'd lend more weight if I were to push up my co-op records

Thanks for pointing out the typos, aegis. I'm surprised out of my writings, there are only two! I'll fix them with the major update I guess. Or now. There is more work to be done, of course, but I'll just leave this here for now...

You may need to zoom in on the caption, but nonetheless, this can only get better. :D

Wow that's pretty cool not gonna lie. But that makes me wonder what another top-notch Dead Ops player would think of my guide... Also if you feel like making a small update the new world record for Co-op DoA is 120, not 103 like it currently says in the guide, and you fight 3 monkeys, It's not the biggest deal but it is false information so I'll leave it up to you. Oh and btw and I finally gave you [brains]

Wow that's pretty cool not gonna lie. But that makes me wonder what another top-notch Dead Ops player would think of my guide... Also if you feel like making a small update the new world record for Co-op DoA is 120, not 103 like it currently says in the guide, and you fight 3 monkeys, It's not the biggest deal but it is false information so I'll leave it up to you. Oh and btw and I finally gave you [brains]

Thank you, Fatal! I did fix that, as well as Aegis' pointed out typos. He would probably think that you are a legendary strategist, as we do at CODZ, single handedly holding down the Dead Ops section. 8-)

there's a slight tidbit I'd like to add about early rounds (generally 1-4) and window activity.

At any window at any time, no more than 3 zombies will tear down boards. This does NOT mean more won't spawn behind those three, only that 3 will approach closely. No more than two will stick their hands out to strike at any given time.

Conveniently, you also board up windows exactly 3x the rate that zombies can tear them down (so long as you have Speed Cola, I think. Never tried without it, and I'm pretty sure that speeds up rebuilding). Since they do sometimes put their hands through to strike, you'll have to back off for a second, but hands attacking you means hands not pulling down boards, so it balances out.

This means that if you are working a camping strategy where one or more windows are involved, so long as you stand at the window holding the rebuild button (x, square, or whatever PC uses), the zombies will never get in. Accordingly, any zombies you have behind your window will not be coming in from the other directions, so your camping buddies will have fewer to worry about.

This means that so long as you aren't too worried about building up kills or points, you can hold a spot indefinitely, allowing in only as many zombies as you feel fit to kill at any given time by killing one at the window while constantly boarding. Out of ammo? Just knife. Going to get ammo even from a very close wall gun takes too much time, unless you have a solid rotation pattern with a partner.

I find this applicable mostly on two camping strategies I've encountered in Der Reise where one window is involved, but I don't really care for camping myself so I don't know where else to apply this.

Now, in regards to the first few rounds and point accumulation, I have played with a great many people who use the exact strategy outlined in this guide, and I have had a much higher points per zombie ratio than they in every game for the past several months.

The key is not the aforementioned theory of "6 shots round 1, 8 round 2, and knife", although that is a great starting point.

What is key to remember is that the m1911 does have piercing power, although not much. At any range it will go through 1 zombie and hit a second, at very close range it can go through 2 to hit 3. So the key to success is lining up the zombies in such a way that you can fire the appropriate number of rounds into their chest or limbs while hitting the zombie behind it, without killing either, and finishing both off with knives.

For rounds 1-3, it is applicable at any window on any map by simply allowing the first to walk in slightly, and the next behind him. As I said before, there are 3 spots at a window front for a zombie to be attacking; if two are approaching the window from a short run-up (the dark window in the Kino spawn, for example), it will not be possible to line them up without letting them in. There is no downside to letting them either at these rounds, you'll just get more powerups. In solo a nuke early may mean you miss out on points, but it adds up to 1600 amongst four players, or 3200 if you happen to have a double points when it strikes (fairly common in early rounds).

If only one zombie is coming, or a second is lining up but there is a terrible teammate stealing kills, don't waste bullets, just cut him down with the knife. With the initial 40 shots, you can get 400 points through your pistol or 1000 with proper aim, more with timely double points powerups. If you get a max ammo, it still isn't points lost, because you'll be making double your teammate's with the next batch as well. There is no loss really.

Umm Aegis did you read my Verruckt guide at all? I'm pretty sure I put in a good paragraph on how to hold down a window.

yes and no, I read it a while ago but I didn't work through all the individual guides yet on this one. There's always multiple ways to approach a map, so I don't follow the approach to begin with

The reason I brought it up is because I think it would belong in the first section (the OP) rather than tucked away in one map's guide.

Ideally there would be 3 or 4 "tactical" sections at the start which apply to all maps. The OP is a good example, perhaps arranged a bit differently. We'd have the sections on perks, then certain guns for certain occasions, then "tips and tricks", then kiting techniques. At the start of the map guides section, we'd have basically a "master plan" for the first 10 rounds (since its much the same with minor variation across all), the ranking of map difficulty, then map guides that only outline specifics for each map.

I think that would make the whole guide more digestible? The content is undeniably top-notch, just a whole lot of it to work through.

There is a CTRL+F function with which you can easily find map-by-map strategies. As for the general outline, it's good, but some beginners require step-by-step instructions. I like the idea, and it's definitely something to be written up in an Advanced Zombie Player's guide, just the beginners might need all this info.

Like I said, I'm working on a reformat of it; it's just hard to find time to sit down for long periods of time when I can focus on sifting through all those 96 pages and 60,000 words.

Honestly, I think you have a lot of strategy here, so my advice is to get it recognized out there in the General Zombies Discussion section! I think that you have so much material, especially in the nitpicking stuff of the game, something required to get to that round 50. So perhaps, you could create your own strategy pack? An essential pack to get to round 50 perhaps, with maybe not the strategies but the little nuances of the game, that can make a large difference in play?

That way, you get all your reputation points and such from there, as well as the feedback, and then I can integrate the best parts into this guide, giving you full credit as an author. I'm almost at the character limit for all the posts, except the last one. Therefore, the best way would be to release your strategy pack, perhaps even a Team Wunder Waffes strategy pack? It's interesting to see the things you've picked up on in your games.

What I can see is that your strategy is ready to be shown off and I encourage you to do that! We can then collaborate, or you can send me your best stuff and it'll make it into the guide, when the time comes. For now, it's your playground. :D

I've considered it, and I've written a couple theories and guides, but they generally fall flat. I will try one out, but I think this one pretty much covers everything, just some unnecessary reiteration.

But I'll have something posted later tonight. I had hoped reputation wasn't so important in strategy considerations, but I suppose it is how it is

It isn't a consideration, merely a formality. It seems wrong that you write all that stuff yet I get the credit for it (still thank Fatal Rampage for bringing this to my attention so long ago). So, each author released his own guide, got the credit and recognition, while they stated this was a part of the guide. When it's all compiled, the authors don't feel without the benefits. Reputation isn't everything but it is nice for those who take the time. Also, is it not better to have your individual guide out there?

Also, your theories in here, which are very reputable, would hardly be seen, so creating a thread is the best overall way to create strategy. Good luck, man and you can expect some good feedback from me! Hey, I'm still learning as well, so you'll probably teach me a thing or two I don't know. 8-)

you left Dead Ops out of your ranking system, but I have some thoughts on its difficulty.

It is simultaneously the easiest and one of the hardest maps in the game. The first ten rounds are excessively simple; I know for a fact that you can get through round 1 without even touching the controller. From there its a pretty simple "point and shoot" game, very simple to grasp.

But as it goes on, the learning curve gets ever steeper, which doesn't really happen with any of the other maps, with perhaps the exception of Nacht der Untoten. New rounds radically change the layout of where you are playing, so you can't adopt one strategy and stick to it for extended periods of time. The lifes system penalizes the entire team for individual failures, making it much more difficult for one player to "clutch" a round with teammates who go down.

The whole thing is a mess, but it only gets there by creeping up on you.

I left Dead Ops out on purpose, as it isn't quite the same as regular zombies and perhaps what applies to rank a hard zombies map does not apply to Dead Ops. However, I do agree with your points, and it's pretty obvious that the budding strategist within you is rising to the forefront. Excellent... :lol:

It also depends on who you ask. Someone like me for example, would say that Dead Ops is the easiest map. Someone who has played it only once or twice will also say it's the easiest map. Someone like Aegis who has been to 41, or people around those levels, will say that Dead Ops is the hardest map. And then you can go into the maps within the map and talk about what's hardest. :lol:

It also depends on who you ask. Someone like me for example, would say that Dead Ops is the easiest map. Someone who has played it only once or twice will also say it's the easiest map. Someone like Aegis who has been to 41, or people around those levels, will say that Dead Ops is the hardest map. And then you can go into the maps within the map and talk about what's hardest. :lol:

I'd still say NDU is the hardest map, but what makes it so hard is that skills gained on any other map have no application.