Survival guides?

So Modern Warfare 3 has been out for almost a month now and I really olive survival mode. I have played it a ton and developed IMHO some excellent strategies for it. What I would like to know is if there is enough interest in it to make some strategy guides. Please feel free to leave your thoughts but don't flame me or the game just because you don't like it. I would like to keep this thread clean.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great idea, I been thinking about this lately. You can start the guides and I will probably upload a video demonstrating our strategies. I am sure a quick google metakeyword will bring them to this thread with the reputation that codz has even if this site is meant for zombies.

Nothing of course.

I just think, you need to play each map a ton of times, test a lot of spots and paths, getting some XP in solo and co-op, until you can do a super awesome guide. I was thinking myself if this could be a task for me, but I just had to say... Na, too much effort. Especially since I don't like many maps too much.

My second thought was then, that you will anyway follow the same basic strategy in each map tier. At least I play like that. So if I would start off with this project, I would think well about how to realize the guides. Talking about each map separately, or just saying "in Waves 12-14, camp at the following spots" and then show a little screener of the Tier maps.

Maybe it gets too general then, but as said, difficult to say what is the best solution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

i like to use riot shield O_O

it is awesome if u have to like go to the bathroom when in the middle of a game w/ ur friend

just sit tight in a corner and let ur friend do all the work

i hated myself when i came back and I died b/c they shot through my riot shield >.

Riot Shield, good point. What e.g. would freak me out is a video about:

How to use it

When does it break?

Does it even break?

How to avoid 100% damage when having it out? What is to keep in mind?

Where best to use it, when to use it best?

What is a picked up shield worth? [squad]

What happens if the picked up shield is broken? Still worth it or not at all?

I'd rather be interested in tipps like these than in map guides.

Other question I'd have is: Normal vs Nade Turret? (Turret killing the own squad?) What is better and where and when?

Chopper: In Arkaden, Wave 25+, chopper goes more aggressive, just died yesterday while hitting the equipment box... And thought I'm experienced with choppers. How to deal with them 100% safely in any situation?

IMHO a cool guide tells you

a) First, a general strategy. Just: 'What do you do?' And you do this in all maps.

B) Then more map based, where do you make use of this general strategy in each map?

c) And then, the quicktips.

d) advanced knowledge (e.g. that the barret is not anymore what it was in MW2 against juggers or whatever)

Sorry if it sounds like me telling you what you should do... Just do what you like! I hope I could give you some inspiration.

You might know, I did those circling guides for zombies, and all the time I invested in those was crazy. Then I did eventually the general guide and thought like: 'Actually I could have saved all the map based guides. All important to know is in the general guide...'

That is why I'm still thinking, it would be a better idea, to a general guide with map based minor screeners. But of course, it's up to you. Just saying, I do the same shit in every map on zombies, once Rezurrection came out, it took me about 60min to find out every single area based speciality about Moon, everything else...was just clear, because the Kiting itself didn't get different. So my conclusion to start a nice guide project with my experience is: General guides are the key. They

- are faster realized

- are as good as map based guides

- need a ton more experience than just starting off with a map based thing [to know what is best in Underground is easy, to know, why it is best, and to tell that the people out there, needs many experience on all maps]

Sorry if this post got long, I just don't want you to make the same mistake as I did. I spent tons of hours to do my guides, and thought "now its enough". But then the next map is still undone, and you just need to do it for yourself, cause you don't want to have this feeling of uncompleteness in your mind... And then you get yourself into something that takes just too much time, and you regret it, although you are proud of it.

Just if you go to Round 100 in any zombie map. You are proud of it, but in the end you think, you could have used the time way better.... So that is actually my point.

I'm not skilled and talented enough to start of a guide project, although I might upload some Survival videos with tipps or so, but, do me the favour and think well about how to realize it, and how you do not need to do 50 hours of research to do a proper 10min guide.

Tom finished :o

No those are great tips Tom thanks! I changed my thinking and thought I could make guides for some of the maps people really struggle on, like bootleg, hardhat, or downturn. I just made my first "guide" which tells when all the juggernaut rounds are. It's more just a sampling than anything else. But I will give basic and advanced tips on how to deal with all types of enemies and situations, Ideas about how to camp, loop, deal with juggernauts and many other things.