This Old Guy

Hey all, I'm sure most of you know who I am and what I do around here, but I figured that since my old intro thread was old (over one and a half years old) and that my life has changed since then, it might be a good idea to reintroduce myself. And yes, I realize that this looks long and rather menial, but I deem it necessary. Besides, I don't really care if you read all of it apart from a section I will put in bold and colored text further down.

Here's a quick biography on me. My name is Nick and I'm currently 18 years old. I turn 19 in early March of next year. I was born in Provo, Utah where I lived for roughly the first 8 years of my life. My family then moved to the Denver, Colorado area where we lived for about 4 years. We then moved up to Bozeman, Montana where we lived for 3 years. We then made our most recent move to Citrus Heights, California which is in the Greater Sacramento area where we've lived for almost 3 years. I graduated from Bella Vista High School earlier this year in June. I'm now attending school at Brigham Young University in Rexburg, Idaho.

If for any reason, you'd like to see what I look like in real life, I'd be more than willing to post a few pictures.

For this next part, I'm just gonna copy and paste a section from my previous intro because not much about it has changed. I am a very avid gamer and I've been playing video games ever since the first Crash Bandicoot on the Playstation 1. I'm a big fan of the Call of Duty series, and any FPS game in general. I own all major systems (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii), along with a brand new custom built PC, though I use my 360 most of the time. Besides gaming, I love to watch movies. I'm also a very big reader, and can go through a 700 page book in a few days, with minimal time to read. I absolutely love writing, and have worked on various stories and movie scripts in the past. I also love to create art, just because it allows me to express myself in new and exciting ways.

I first got involved with the site around June or July of '09. I started out as your average gamer, just someone who loves to play video games. Once Shi No Numa came out for Nazi Zombies, I got really involved with the whole storyline business. I met Carbon over on the xbox forums where he had posted his original storyline theories for Nazi Zombies. We then moved over to Aggregame where we continued the research for the storyline. Shortly after that we started the Call of Duty Zombie Forums. At the start of that new site I was just a normal member. But then I quickly became a Zombie Moderator since I had helped Carbon with the storyline. Then I rose to being a regular Moderator. With this new site, I was labeled as the Community Manager for the wonderful community that we have here. Currently, as you can tell, I rose to become an Admin along with another great community member, Alpha Snake, and that's my current job here.

As an administrator here, I want to make myself very open to all of you. If you have any concerns, comments, criticisms, or suggestions, please feel free to talk to me. I'm very cooperative and open minded, and I'm extremely willing to talk at any time. If there's some issue that you might have, we can always work through it and come up with a solution. If you have a suggestion for the site, I am open to all ideas and will consider them carefully as long as they're valid. I take all criticism really well and use it to my advantage, so feel free to lay it on me. My only goal for this site is that I make things extremely comfortable for any member we might have. I want to provide the best experience for users that I can. I want things to run as smoothly as possible and I'm always working toward that. While in my time as an Admin we have made some changes that very much aid in that goal of mine.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy everything the site has to offer and I'm looking forward to slaying some more Zombies with all of you in this next year. :)

Ways to Contact Me:

Gamertag: Covert Gunman

PSN ID: CovertGunman

Twitter: @CovertGunman

Email: [email protected]

[email protected]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice to meet u nick. I am a 26 year male living in australia named rory. It nice to know that not only are the admin here are open and well spoken but willing to make the new guys feel alot more comfortable. I look forward to helping out such a great community in anway i can :)

Good to meet you as well Salad. :)

What's up Covert? I believe we have spoken once or twice. I love the work you've done here and I, too look forward to many, many more, posts on this great site. Keep up the work! Also, how may go about requesting a sticky for something that may revolutionize zombies? :D

Simply send me a PM with whichever thread you would like to be stickied and I will take a look at it. If I deem it sticky worthy, then I will make it so.

Covert,

I didn't really want to make a whole thread about it, but who's the girl in your avatar? Just curious.

Dude... Did you really just ask that question??? You must not be very familiar with internet memes.

The girls name is boxxy. And theres a long story that I'm really not going to explain. Short version: She made some videos... Dropped off the internet... became a meme. There ya go.

Yeah I did just ask that!?!?! :o and no I'm not familiar with internet memes as most are a complete waste of time and brain cells.

Thanks for the answer though...

Yeah, sorry that that came out harsher than I intended. and I agree 90% of memes are a waste of time and kill brain cells. Plus your welcome for the answer :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

these spam-bots arn't smart are they,they spamed on a ADMINS post

this is the second time in 5 minutes and 2 threads were i've seen ad spam

what spam-bot? ;)

and if you see them, report it, it makes it easier for us. and old guy? psh you're 18, I'm one month older xD

Haha, I'm metaphorically old here on the site, being here since the very early beginnings and having risen to my current position. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Only 18 eh? Perhaps I am just used to the other forums I attend that's full of old farts lol. I naturally assumed you we're at least 20 or so, but that's impressive! As far as seeing you around the forums, I don't believe I even in so much talked to you before until shortly after you promotion to Admin, and even further more after the medals system has been brought forth and lately has been put into motion.

To be honest, I never did post an introduction thread. I suppose better late than never! :)

Keep up the great work, Convert! ;)

Only 18 eh? Perhaps I am just used to the other forums I attend that's full of old farts lol. I naturally assumed you we're at least 20 or so, but that's impressive! As far as seeing you around the forums, I don't believe I even in so much talked to you before until shortly after you promotion to Admin, and even further more after the medals system has been brought forth and lately has been put into motion.

To be honest, I never did post an introduction thread. I suppose better late than never! :)

Keep up the great work, Convert! ;)

I actually just turned 19 this past month, so yeah. But also, I've been with the site ever since I was 16, so I've made quite the advancement from a regular user all the way up to being an administrator and site owner. :)