Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies for iPhone, iPad and iPod

Covert Gunman

Thank you!! Wouldn't have known this if it wasn't for you! :D

I'm betting right now it will be released Feb 1st! One year after it was released on Xbox. So 2 days.

No achievements about the Gersch Device, so I don't think that'll be there as well as Matroyshka Dolls.

Damn Dirty Apes..obvious reference from Planet of the Apes/Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Funny enough Hellhound made a thread regarding ALZ-112 and Zombies. Could be more than a coincidence. :P

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no Ascension :(

I really thought they would've done it as it's exactly one year since it first came out. It's gotta be soon though, because of the achievements and leader boards!

It was a good update. Ray Gun, Monkey Bombs and SPAS-12, but Ray is not as good as it's console counterpart. Porters X2 started making crawlers at Round 15, and that was on the Recruit difficulty!

You can't have Monkey Bombs and Claymore's at the same time which is crap. They take up the same grenade slot. Monkey's glitch sometimes and disappear when thrown.

Not as much lag which is great! They've changed some words in the help section, removed that Stamin-Up and PhD are part of the perks, and added the addition of CoD Points.

CoD Points in this game is basically it's namesake. You buy (with real money) them in the store, than they go into reserve basically. When you can't afford something (in Solo), you can dip into these points and buy it. This means that you can unlock all areas, get the weapons you want, PaP them, and still be on Round 1 with no kills because of them. If you go down and you don't have Quick Revive, it gives you the option of buying it with these points, but it still counts towards the 3 Quick Revives and your gone, so no unlimited buying.

The best feature however, was the Save/Load feature. It's basically the same as it functioned in World at War, meaning you can save and quit, than reload that game later. They've improved it though! Everytime you reload your game, the musical EE will play! Even if you've activated it already. So in Kino's instance, 115 will start playing as soon as I load my game back up.

• 2 weeks later...

Stuff i've noticed, + bugs n stuff:

-First off, never throw a monkey and then save and quit. It will crash every time, and you'll just need to restart. Trust me, it seems like a good idea (considering how laggy the game is when you load your game), but yeah...

-All ammo off the wall is only 250 Points

-Ray Gun has no splash damage, looks weird, and may be slightly underpowered.

-Still no Thundergun, Ballistic Knife, L96A1, Dragunov, Crossbow, or M72 LAW.

-Commando's sights are misaligned, but normal after upgrading.

-Very laggy on high rounds, or when there are more than 8 or so zombies alive.

-Shooting automatic weapons is hard, sometimes it will burst fire several times before shooting full-auto.

-If you have Speed Cola, the reloading sound is the same, i.e. On the Galil, if you perform an empty reload with Speed Cola, by the time you are done reloading, the sound for the new mag being inserted is playing.

-Traps have no delay before activating, meaning that you must walk through them.

Also, no Ascension yet, and i think it will be awhile. Lots of things on Ascension will lag the shit out of the game, and the lag is already pretty bad. Centrifuge, Gersches, Thundergun (assuming they add it)...

Plus, what will PhD Flopper do if there is no dolphin diving, or even jumping? Will they just lower its price, or what?

• 4 weeks later...

So I know several threads have been made already, but I feel like this should belong in the main iOS thread as well.

You've been waiting for it, an exciting update for the Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies iOS app releases on 3/16!

You've been waiting for it, an exciting update for the Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies iOS app releases on Friday, 3/16! Get ready to protect your perks...

This means Ascension! :D

It'll probably be early Saturday morning for me when it's released. I'll be doing an iOS Ascension findings thread just like my Kino one, but I have to babysit my cousin on Saturday so I may/may not have it up on the day. But it'll definitely be up by the next day! :P

IT'S OUT IT's OUT IT's OUT!!!!! Little bit excited hehe. iOS Ascension findings will be up in a couple of hours.

Here is what the update says

It's here!!! The fan-favourite zombie map "Ascension" pits players against hoards of vicous, perk-stealing zombie monkeys, flesh-eeaeting Soviet Zombies and much more trap-filled, Cold War era cosmodrone. Good luck.

Version 1.2.0 also includes the following updates and additions:

- All New weapons: Thundrgun, Matroyshka dolls, Gersch Device and the Sickle

- All new Achievements

- A one-time gift of 5000 CoD points for players.

- Returning players will be rewarded with a small amount of CoD points on eeach day they play.

Finally, a varieety of optimizations and fixes have also been incorporated into this update to give players the best mobile Zombie experience yet.

OMG it looks good already haha!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you had buy one, get World at War Zombies. It's runs far smoother and the controls are easier than Black Ops Zombies.

Black Ops Zombies has Kino, Ascension, CotD and Dead Ops. It's possible they may add the rest of the maps, but I'm not sure. Shangri-La and "Five" is very possible for them to do. But the controls are awkward, it's laggy a lot of the time, and it tends to crash. But it has the Save and Quit feature, as well as CoD points to spend if you don't have enough points.

Dead Ops Arcade is so much more fun for me, and easier on iOS than it is on a console.

But yes, if you had to choose one, get World at War Zombies.

• 2 months later...

So I'm getting a little perturbed.

i am currently on Rd. 23 - have gone through 25k points spamming the box, and have yet to even SEE a wonderweapon in the cycle.

i have not seen nor gotten a ray gun, thundergun, monkeys....NADA.

i also do not see the Law, crossbow, ballistic knife, and maybe a few other weapons ive noticed missing from the box.

i have no idea how im gonna make it further, it gets SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO laggy when there are alot of zombie out, it is VERY hard to get an automatic weapon going, imho - and im starting to get so frustrated with it!

They are definitely there.