2 ZOMBIES EASTER EGGS IN MW3

Right BlindBusDrivr, how do easter eggs advertise a game ? You know because only the people who have played Zombies will get the reference. I mean like some random dude who has never played Zombies does not say: "Little girl with a sledgehammer ? That makes me want to play Treyarch Call of Duty now."

I don't see how that will increase the sales of Treyarch CoD. While it is no secret that the two company's do reference each other every now and then, I still don't see how this relates to the Zombies story line.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right BlindBusDrivr, how do easter eggs advertise a game ? You know because only the people who have played Zombies will get the reference. I mean like some random dude who has never played Zombies does not say: "Little girl with a sledgehammer ? That makes me want to play Treyarch Call of Duty now."

I don't see how that will increase the sales of Treyarch CoD. While it is no secret that the two company's do reference each other every now and then, I still don't see how this relates to the Zombies story line.

They seem to be focusing them on canceled map areas.

Also, they are advertising zombies to zombies players, getting their attention with these easter eggs.

I also think that it could be IW starting hints to it's next campaign with this FreeMason stuff, OR it's got something to do with zombies. But we won't for a while.

I just find that they put WAY to much work into these layered easter eggs for them to be meaningless, and the sledgehammer girl is obviously Sam.

And when people find these, they tell other people, and then big you tubers find out, then they make a video with millions of views, and that's how they're advertising. Using how fast word spreads with gaming.

People don't seem to understand these. The Easter Eggs at face value, are just simple things Developers put in, but when you look deeper, there's a whole thick layer underneath.

Men in general judge more from appearances than from reality. All men have eyes, but few have the gift of penetration. ~Niccolo Machiavelli

This applies here rather well, you have to look past the outer shell.

This compleatly.

IW and Treyarch my be rivals, but Treyarch worked on MW3. A big section of the credits is labled "additional support from Treyarch, Sledghammer games, and other affiliates".

Not to mention that in that big block of names happens to be the name we all worship, "Jimmy Zelinski", the creator of zombies.

So ALL of these referances BBD mentioned combined with Jimmy Z playing a part in the game? It is far from a co-incidance.

They seem to be focusing them on canceled map areas.

Also, they are advertising zombies to zombies players, getting their attention with these easter eggs.

I also think that it could be IW starting hints to it's next campaign with this FreeMason stuff, OR it's got something to do with zombies. But we won't for a while.

I just find that they put WAY to much work into these layered easter eggs for them to be meaningless, and the sledgehammer girl is obviously Sam.

And when people find these, they tell other people, and then big you tubers find out, then they make a video with millions of views, and that's how they're advertising. Using how fast word spreads with gaming.

Ahhhhhhh ok now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

Okay so it is probably nothing. Pretty much all CoD games have had the Teddy Bear. I'm 99% sure that the Teddy Bear's mean absolutely nothing, but people have still skipped over Alpha's comments that COULD have some relevance:

Sledgehammer worked on the zombie maps correct?

Did anyone else note that the Sam image is in the Parisian underground?

Where is that thread on the catacombs...

viewtopic.php?t=14476 darkjolteon Codz thread

Regards Alpha.

Surely this is worth following up? Currently we have nothing to work with in terms of working out the next zombie map (as far as I know), so surely we should at least check out what is placed in our laps? I dunno, I guess I'm biased because it has relevance to one of my threads but this is my immediate reaction :lol:

-Jolteon

OH DERP lets not forget the catacombs referance in MW3. And If Jimmy Z. didn't work on the x-box version and only the wii verson, then what did he do on the wii version? Lets check the wii version somehow and see if theres another thing similar to the radio message in Kino.

EXACTLY! The Catacombs referances are literally everywhere! I didn't bring it up when I played the MW3 campaign because I saw no Zombies relations to it, but now surely the Catacombs are the biggest lead for a new zombie map, and the continuation of the storyline? And I agree with you, Jimmy Z. WAS involved in the Wii version of MW3, so is it not possible that he snuck some zombies referances into the Wii version? Plus, if this is the case, surely this would create more sales because now we will all go out and buy the Wii version of the game to find the information :lol: Now THAT sounds very Activision :lol: I'm gonna follow this up, see if I can find some information, and will report back if I find anything... But for now, I call upon all Wii users, go out there and find the wonderous things we need!

-Jolteon

OH DERP lets not forget the catacombs referance in MW3. And If Jimmy Z. didn't work on the x-box version and only the wii verson, then what did he do on the wii version? Lets check the wii version somehow and see if theres another thing similar to the radio message in Kino.

EXACTLY! The Catacombs referances are literally everywhere! I didn't bring it up when I played the MW3 campaign because I saw no Zombies relations to it, but now surely the Catacombs are the biggest lead for a new zombie map, and the continuation of the storyline? And I agree with you, Jimmy Z. WAS involved in the Wii version of MW3, so is it not possible that he snuck some zombies referances into the Wii version? Plus, if this is the case, surely this would create more sales because now we will all go out and buy the Wii version of the game to find the information :lol: Now THAT sounds very Activision :lol: I'm gonna follow this up, see if I can find some information, and will report back if I find anything... But for now, I call upon all Wii users, go out there and find the wonderous things we need!

-Jolteon

I have a wii but i have it for x-box so I'm not going to spend more cash on that. my friend I think uses the wii and ill have to borrow it from him and snoop around. I'd probably have to do every single thing again but ALL IN THE NAME OF ZOMBIES!!..... Ill at least do some of it if i can borrow it.

Anyway guys theres no way you can dispute anything zombie related in MW3 at least in the wii version. And don't go all "But the catacombs are a main tourist attraction in Paris!" because it's not really.

Oh and BTW i saw both the books frankinstien and the jungle book in MW2 so maybe MW2 is worth exploring a little as well. It's a case of reused graphics but really the books chosen still keep the meaning.

-Jolteon

I have a wii but i have it for x-box so I'm not going to spend more cash on that. my friend I think uses the wii and ill have to borrow it from him and snoop around. I'd probably have to do every single thing again but ALL IN THE NAME OF ZOMBIES!!..... Ill at least do some of it if i can borrow it.

Anyway guys theres no way you can dispute anything zombie related in MW3 at least in the wii version. And don't go all "But the catacombs are a main tourist attraction in Paris!" because it's not really.

Well done good sir! I admire your commitment! And I have to agree. YES, the Catacombs are a tourist hotspot for Paris, but what people tend to forgot is the sheer size of the Catacombs! A very small amount of the Catacombs is actually open to the public, and the majority of them are actuaally completely unexplored! As I said in my thread, the possibilities are endless... Although if you want any more info, you'll have to go to the thread ;)

-Jolteon

Well done good sir! I admire your commitment! And I have to agree. YES, the Catacombs are a tourist hotspot for Paris, but what people tend to forgot is the sheer size of the Catacombs! A very small amount of the Catacombs is actually open to the public, and the majority of them are actuaally completely unexplored! As I said in my thread, the possibilities are endless... Although if you want any more info, you'll have to go to the thread ;)

-Jolteon

Thank you kind sir!! I mean Ive never heard of them outside of this website in america. Really the catacombs viewed in MW3 are very small. It's a lot of basement and sewage with only one section of dead bodies. But its still the catacombs. It's probably outside of tourist sites as Volk kept his super secret hideout there. ;)

But really the catacombs are the best thing we have right now as a clue to zombies. It's worth exploring espically on WII.

Also has anyone else seen this picture?

Theres a referance to Lev Kravchenko, Dragovitches (eh spelling) right hand man SUPPOSEDLY killed. thanks to ERich935 who showed me this.

• 2 months later...

I'm gong to go back to my brash statement of saying there are no zombie easter eggs in MW3

LISTEN @ 4:00 Interview asks about intersecting Modern Warfare world with Black Ops world. Daniel Suarez, vice president of production at Activision, immediately shoots down the idea of them sharing worlds.

0KRoyLeJk7Q

-Jolteon

Thank you kind sir!! I mean Ive never heard of them outside of this website in america. Really the catacombs viewed in MW3 are very small. It's a lot of basement and sewage with only one section of dead bodies. But its still the catacombs. It's probably outside of tourist sites as Volk kept his super secret hideout there. ;)

But really the catacombs are the best thing we have right now as a clue to zombies. It's worth exploring espically on WII.

Also has anyone else seen this picture?

[ Image ]

Theres a referance to Lev Kravchenko, Dragovitches (eh spelling) right hand man SUPPOSEDLY killed. thanks to ERich935 who showed me this.

Is that from MW3? If so where?