A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Faraday had a picture, not just a name. And he had his own mansion. And a wife!

TranZit, Die Rise, and Buried all occurred after 2045.

What the hell is this? I really need to read the text on first page.

OK not Delgado, but not either the Feynman diagram ?

No, that's not needed either. I can't go "Here's a formula! Why? For science!" It just doesn't fit into the context of a storyline. Just because something is present doesn't mean it should be noted. I mean, the Bonfire Sale isn't mentioned, nor is the Perk Reward, and that appears several times. It has to be story-relevant.

Quick question before I get busy at work, I've meant to ask this for about four days and I always forget so excuse the small post.

You say out of the three pyrimids/vehicle artifacts that one of them entered earths orbit, why is it on the zombies menu screen, we clearly see the debris from earth swirling in it's orbit, but no pyramid. Do you think perhaps it isn't in it's orbit at all, or maybe was pushed further out into space once the cataclysmic event happened?

Quick question before I get busy at work, I've meant to ask this for about four days and I always forget so excuse the small post.

You say out of the three pyrimids/vehicle artifacts that one of them entered earths orbit, why is it on the zombies menu screen, we clearly see the debris from earth swirling in it's orbit, but no pyramid. Do you think perhaps it isn't in it's orbit at all, or maybe was pushed further out into space once the cataclysmic event happened?

I think it is just further out. Keep in mind that on the loading screen we also don't see the Moon (nor any artificial satellites for that matter). Space is big, really big. The debris is really close because it is falling back down to Earth.

Cool, makes sense. It was bothering the crap out of me, then I started thinking maybe the big meteor that shakes the screen could have it close by, then I just starting thinking waaaay too much. I can deal with "further out" in orbit :lol:

Killer job on the second draft, it's what I do after I'm done playing zombies for the night.

Cool, makes sense. It was bothering the crap out of me, then I started thinking maybe the big meteor that shakes the screen could have it close by, then I just starting thinking waaaay too much. I can deal with "further out" in orbit :lol:

Killer job on the second draft, it's what I do after I'm done playing zombies for the night.

Thanks. I appreciate it. :D Still have quite a bit to go though. At least I'm over the halfway mark.

No, that's not needed either. I can't go "Here's a formula! Why? For science!" It just doesn't fit into the context of a storyline. Just because something is present doesn't mean it should be noted. I mean, the Bonfire Sale isn't mentioned, nor is the Perk Reward, and that appears several times. It has to be story-relevant.

If I say that is because I've seen theories by which they came to make the link between Feynman and zombie mode.

Another character ? : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hendrik_Casimir

And I'm reading, but I don't understand why Tranzit-Buried are in 2045.

If I say that is because I've seen theories by which they came to make the link between Feynman and zombie mode.

Yes, but not all theories can be included in this thread.

Casimir actually is included. The Casimir Mechanism. The actual person isn't a concern to us. I mean, we have a Volt Meter, but that doesn't mean Alessandro Volta is a critical part of the storyline.

TranZit, Die Rise, and Buried are in 2045 because Maxis tells us that it has been decades since the world was blown up. The world was blown up in 2025+. Decades = 20+ years. Therefore, 2025 + C + 20 + C = 2045 + C. So 2045, minimum.

TranZit, Die Rise, and Buried are in 2045 because Maxis tells us that it has been decades since the world was blown up. The world was blown up in 2025+. Decades = 20+ years. Therefore, 2025 + C + 20 + C = 2045 + C. So 2045, minimum.

I would take that quote with a grain of salt still... The wording can make it sound like he's exaggerating. I don't know, it kinda reminds me of the phones in ascension. Like, they're the only thing pointing in those time periods.

If I were you, I'd keep the quote in mind, but I don't think it makes 2045+ absolute.

Just another question: was this quote found in the audio files and not actually heard in game? I don't remember if I've actually heard it while doing the Maxis side. If it was only in the files, I'd take it for even less, but that's me.

The quote directly says it, but other things hint towards it. For example, the Jumping Jacks are "evolved" Phasing Zombies. Therefore there needs to be elapsed time for them to evolve.

I'm not going to argue this for the 20th time, either. I was just explaining to Schrodinger why it is what it is.

Eh, wasn't really arguing it. I know I'd get into a fight about it if I pressed it more. Though technically the Jumping Jacks could've evolved from the nova crawlers on Five and Kino, I won't argue it. I don't know, it just seems like too much time to me given Misty and Marlton's appearance, along with some of the other character's quotes

The quote directly says it, but other things hint towards it. For example, the Jumping Jacks are "evolved" Phasing Zombies. Therefore there needs to be elapsed time for them to evolve.

I'm not going to argue this for the 20th time, either. I was just explaining to Schrodinger why it is what it is.

Eh, wasn't really arguing it. I know I'd get into a fight about it if I pressed it more. Though technically the Jumping Jacks could've evolved from the nova crawlers on Five and Kino, I won't argue it. I don't know, it just seems like too much time to me given Misty and Marlton's appearance, along with some of the other character's quotes

It's more likely that they evolved from the Phasing Zombies, not the Gas Zombies. The Jumping Jacks' nova gas is reduced to a mere purplish gas from decay over time. If they were concurrent with the Phasing Zombies, it would make no sense why they would still have working Nova-6. Not to mention that the Jumping Jacks have controlled teleportation just like the H*llhounds, a trait similar to the uncontrolled teleporation of the Phasing Zombies.

Anyway, another update:

P66.This time, when Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen went back in time, they tried to find the dynamite. It was stuck on one of the Focusing Crystals. So, they upgraded the 31-79 JGb215 into The Fractalizer, and they shot the Focusing Crystals in a specific fashion so that the beam reflected onto all of the other Crystals before eventually hitting the giant meteor on top of the temple, the meteor that landed there so long ago. It shrank the meteor. The dynamite also fell off of the Focusing Crystal, so they grabbed it and gave it to Gary. Brock and Gary blew the wall up, giving them access to the antechamber of the temple. Inside, they found a plaque with Richtofen’s name carved upon it as well as the shrunken meteor, also known as the Focusing Stone. Brock touched it. The extreme density of the 115 within the Focusing Stone in addition to the 115's electrical properties caused time to reverse upon being touched. It reset events for Brock and Gary back to when they first arrived. This put them in a recursion that could only be escaped by death. Richtofen managed to grab it since he had a counteracting Vril Generator. Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen then used the teleporter to again teleport away.

After:

P66.This time, when Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen went back in time, they tried to find the dynamite. It was stuck on one of the Focusing Crystals. So, they upgraded the 31-79 JGb215 into The Fractalizer, and they shot the Focusing Crystals in a specific fashion so that the beam refracted onto all of the other Crystals before eventually hitting the giant 115 meteor on top of the temple, shrinking the meteor. The dynamite also fell off of the Focusing Crystal, so they grabbed it and gave it to Gary. Brock and Gary blew the wall up, giving them access to the antechamber of the temple. Inside, they found a plaque with Richtofen’s name carved upon it as well as the shrunken meteor, which would become known as the Focusing Stone. Brock touched it. The extreme density of the 115 within the Focusing Stone in addition to 115's temporal displacement properties caused time to reverse upon being touched. It reset events for Brock and Gary back to when they first arrived. This put them in a recursion that could only be escaped by death. Richtofen presumably managed to grab it since he also had the Vril Generator. Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen then used the teleporter to again teleport away.

Another:

P67.Throughout 2025, a large military faction and alliance formed and grew. It was known as the Strategic Defense Coalition, or SDC, and it was made up of Afghanistan, Mongolia, North Korea, China, and many other countries. China tried to resist, but the SDC had powerful influence over them. The SDC and NATO were the two primary world power alliances. Tian Zhao was the ruling dictator of China and the SDC at this time. In Shanghai, Province 22, China, there were two buildings: a multi-level mall and a sweatshop. Both of them had outlets for the International Zombie Center, an enterprise built on the fascination of the zombie apocalypse, the kind often shown in the entertainment industry. The International Zombie Center had the protection of the SDC, evident by the SDC soldiers that were there. The International Zombie Center's two outlets here worked together, despite the differences in the wealth of the estates. They illegally ordered Perk-A-Cola machines and a Pack-A-Punch, which were divided between the two buildings. They also managed to acquire a new Perk-a-Cola called Who's Who, but the original manufacturer is unknown.

P68.A weapon was developed that fired 115 in a new state of matter that was like goo. The sweatshop managed to acquire a few pieces to build one, but they didn't get all of the parts. Around this time, in Hollywood, California, United States, there was a film Studio that filmed many famous movies in many different genres. For an upcoming science fiction movie, they researched some futuristic-looking weaponry. Two of the guns that were featured were the Ray Gun and the Chinese goo-shooting gun; however, they were just replicas of the real things. The Studio began filming the movie in which these weapons were to make an appearance, Space Monsters from the Moon 2. Meanwhile, an amusement park was set-up in Nevada that housed a retro-futuristic exhibit called Nuketown 2025, in commemoration of the original Nuketown. In 2025, an international group of terrorists began to assault the industrialized nations of the world. However, the United States fought back. Nuketown 2025 and the Studio were just two of the many places that were ambushed by mercenaries. The Federal Bureau of Investigation, or FBI, and the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group, colloquially known as SEAL Team Six, both sent heavily armored agents and soldiers to defend against the mercenaries. For unknown reasons, a nuke was dropped to end the battle in Nuketown 2025.

P69.Later, a United States Black Ops team assassinated Tian Zhao. Back in Shanghai at the mall and sweatshop, flyers were placed around the area by the International Zombie Center, telling people to be on the lookout for a zombified Tian Zhao, which very few people likely took seriously. Meanwhile, a mining operation was begun in Angola that happened to be right above the long-ago abandoned American ghost town. Also, the United States did some experimenting in the Green Run area, which had been abandoned since the '60's, and they used the ghost town as a cover. They were operating within the Town there and within a nearby Power Facility outside of the Town. There, they made a secret underground laboratory. Within the Power Facility, they created their own power grid and a being fused from human DNA and electricity, known only as "Him". Underneath the Town, they had a Pack-A-Punch that they never got around to assembling, as well as a fully functioning underground railroad system. They also artificially combined the DNA of different creatures to create very strange abominations that they kept in cages underneath the Town.

P70.Consolidated Coach Corporations was a bus-line company that created a bus that could drive itself with a robotic interface, named the Bus Driver. The United States began another secret program in Nevada to construct a nuclear spacecraft. They tested it nearby the remains of Nuketown, and the nuclear spacecraft indeed levitated just like it was designed to do; however, it caused massive amounts of destruction. In the month of January, radiation scientists were studying the results of the test in the ruins of Nuketown when they noticed zombies rising, which was due to either 115 in the nuclear blast or the site of the test or because the zombies themselves came from the overrun No Man's Land. The radiation scientists sent a distress call to Area 51, which then sent in a two groups of four agents each. One group consisted of CIA agents. The other consisted of agents from the Center for Disease Control, or CDC. When they arrived, all but one of the radiation scientists had turned into zombies themselves. The remaining scientist, Marlton Johnson, a young protégé in his twenties, had hidden in the fallout shelter in Nuketown. Perk-A-Cola machines and the Pack-A-Punch, hooked up to a car battery, were caught up in the storm brought about by the test, and they rained down onto Nuketown. A rigged intercom was still functioning in Nuketown that received transmissions from Griffin Station that could be heard across the site. The CDC and CIA fought against these zombies in Nuketown.

After:

P67.Throughout 2025, a large military faction and alliance formed and grew. It was known as the Strategic Defense Coalition, or SDC, and it was made up of Afghanistan, Mongolia, North Korea, China, and many other countries. China tried to resist, but the SDC had powerful influence over them. The SDC and NATO were the two primary world power alliances. Tian Zhao was the ruling dictator of China and the SDC at this time. In Shanghai, Province 22, China, there were two buildings: a multi-level mall and a sweatshop. Both of them had outlets for the International Zombie Center, an enterprise built on the fascination of the zombie apocalypse, the kind often shown in the entertainment industry. The International Zombie Center had the protection of the SDC, evident by the SDC soldiers that were there. The International Zombie Center's two outlets here worked together, despite the differences in the wealth of the estates. They also managed to acquire a new Perk-a-Cola called Who's Who, but the original manufacturer is unknown.

P68.A weapon was developed that fired 115 in a new state of matter that was like goo. The sweatshop managed to acquire a few pieces to build one, but they didn't get all of the parts. Around this time, in Hollywood, California, United States, there was a film Studio that filmed many famous movies in many different genres. For an upcoming science fiction movie, they researched some futuristic-looking weaponry. Two of the guns that were featured were the Ray Gun and the Chinese goo-shooting gun; however, they were just replicas of the real things. The Studio began filming the movie in which these weapons were to make an appearance, Space Monsters from the Moon 2. Meanwhile, an amusement park was set-up in Nevada that housed a retro-futuristic exhibit called Nuketown 2025, in commemoration of the original Nuketown. In 2025, an international group of terrorists began to assault the industrialized nations of the world. However, the United States fought back. Nuketown 2025 and the Studio were just two of the many places that were ambushed by mercenaries. The Federal Bureau of Investigation, or FBI, and the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group, colloquially known as SEAL Team Six, both sent heavily armored agents and soldiers to defend against the mercenaries. For unknown reasons, a nuke was dropped to end the battle in Nuketown 2025.

P69.Later, a United States Black Ops team assassinated Tian Zhao. Back in Shanghai at the mall and sweatshop, flyers were placed around the area by the International Zombie Center, telling people to be on the lookout for a zombified Tian Zhao, which very few people likely took seriously. Meanwhile, a mining operation was begun in Angola that happened to be right above the long-ago abandoned American ghost town. Also, the United States did some experimenting in the Green Run area, which had been abandoned since the '60's, and they used the ghost town as a cover. They were operating within the Town there and within a nearby Power Facility outside of the Town. There, they made a secret underground laboratory. Within the Power Facility, they created their own power grid and a being fused from human DNA and electricity, known only as "Him". Underneath the Town, they had a Pack-A-Punch that they never got around to assembling, as well as a fully functioning underground railroad system. They also artificially combined the DNA of different creatures to create very strange abominations that they kept in cages underneath the Town.

P70.The United States began another secret program in Nevada to construct a nuclear drill to try to drill deep into the Earth for an unknown purpose. They used it near the remains of Nuketown. However, the design was not perfected, and it caused massive amounts of destruction. In the month of January, radiation scientists were studying the results of the test in the ruins of Nuketown when they noticed zombies rising, which was due to either 115 in the nuclear blast or the site of the test or because the zombies themselves came from the overrun No Man's Land. The radiation scientists sent a distress call to Area 51, which then sent in a two groups of four agents each. One group consisted of CIA agents. The other consisted of agents from the Center for Disease Control, or CDC. When they arrived, all but one of the radiation scientists had turned into zombies themselves. The remaining scientist, Marlton Johnson, a young protégé in his twenties, had hidden in the fallout shelter in Nuketown. Perk-A-Cola machines and the Pack-A-Punch, hooked up to a car battery, were temporally displaced because of the blast, and they rained down onto Nuketown. A rigged intercom was still functioning in Nuketown that received transmissions from Griffin Station that could be heard across the site. The CDC and CIA fought against these zombies in Nuketown.

Casimir actually is included. The Casimir Mechanism. The actual person isn't a concern to us. I mean, we have a Volt Meter, but that doesn't mean Alessandro Volta is a critical part of the storyline.

I'm pretty sure that part has never been mentioned. He said he has been searching, but he never specified since when. He could've been searching some times after his soul was sucked into the MPD, up to 2025, which would make a pretty hefty amount of time for "decades".

Richtofen mentions Henrick Casimir in Ascension.

Again another character ? The name at bottom left(In Der Riese) : http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r48 ... 1336319628

Maxis does not use the term "decade" in French version, he said "the years". We do not even have radios in Kino Der Toten or Marlton in the bunker nuketown, that sucks.

I'm pretty sure that part has never been mentioned. He said he has been searching, but he never specified since when. He could've been searching some times after his soul was sucked into the MPD, up to 2025, which would make a pretty hefty amount of time for "decades".

Yeah because I look for survivors in the apocalypse BEFORE the apocalypse =_=

Richtofen mentions Henrick Casimir in Ascension.

Again another character ? The name at bottom left(In Der Riese) : http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r48 ... 1336319628

Maxis does not use the term "decade" in French version, he said "the years". We do not even have radios in Kino Der Toten or Marlton in the bunker nuketown, that sucks.

Just stop. This is not a history of mankind. This is the Zombies story. I'm not including Casimir. I'm not including George Washington. Read the disclaimer on the first post. That is not what this thread is about. Just because a person exists doesn't make them relevant. Are we going to list every zombie Tank insulted? "This is meat-freakbag #12."

Yeah because I look for survivors in the apocalypse BEFORE the apocalypse =_=

Again, you're jumping to conclusion. When did Maxis say he was looking for SURVIVORS? He could just be looking for people who can help him fight against zombies.

Of course, not everything has to be taken literally. Maxis might have been exaggerating the situation as well.

Again, you're jumping to conclusion. When did Maxis say he was looking for SURVIVORS? He could just be looking for people who can help him fight against zombies.

Of course, not everything has to be taken literally. Maxis might have been exaggerating the situation as well.

Let's add this up once and for all. Richtofen also has the "Just getting used to the aether" quote. I also highly doubt Stuhlinger would talk about the global banking conspiracy 20 years after the earth has blown up. I also doubt the CIA and the CDC would be very active. Also, with all the crap Russman has, it's amazing he hasn't died after 20 years with no medical help. I personally think Misty and Marlton look too young as well, but I don't believe MMX agrees.

Let's be honest, the only thing that points to it being set in 2045+ is that stupid quote. It's exactly like ascension and the phones. I think both were taken too literally.

Let's add this up once and for all. Richtofen also has the "Just getting used to the aether" quote. I also highly doubt Stuhlinger would talk about the global banking conspiracy 20 years after the earth has blown up. I also doubt the CIA and the CDC would be very active. Also, with all the crap Russman has, it's amazing he hasn't died after 20 years with no medical help. I personally think Misty and Marlton look too young as well, but I don't believe MMX agrees.

Let's be honest, the only thing that points to it being set in 2045+ is that stupid quote. It's exactly like ascension and the phones. I think both were taken too literally.

I don't mean to prolong this argument as MMX has made up his mind and has clearly stated it is not up for discussion here, I just wanna throw in one point

When "adding everything up" you forgot that Marlton/Misty has a quote about not being able to remember a world before the zombies, suggesting they have been living in this world so long they have forgotten normal life

I don't mean to prolong this argument as MMX has made up his mind and has clearly stated it is not up for discussion here, I just wanna throw in one point

When "adding everything up" you forgot that Marlton/Misty has a quote about not being able to remember a world before the zombies, suggesting they have been living in this world so long they have forgotten normal life

Fair point, fair point...

But I was pretty much leaving it up for people to add to it, or contradict with more quotes, so I guess you've got that down. You could argue that your quote simply means it's been awhile. I wouldn't doubt that it has been, but 20 years seems a little long. Some of the quotes are taken a little too literally.

MMX, seriously, don't get mad again. It's worth finding out the year, and there could be like a billion quotes to place the time. Just don't pass it off is all I'm asking.

EDIT: If you really don't want to discuss it, I'll just get off it. I should've added that earlier.

Good point. But technically, anyone would forget about normal life after weeks and months of fighting zombies. It doesn't have to be years or decades.

He's been searching for decades to find a not-zombie to save the planet from zombies? That statement in itself leads me to believe that Maxis is indeed referring to the end of the world as being decades ago.

Sorry for not posting on this thread for the past few days. Quite busy. I'm working on an update right now. I'll edit it in or post it shortly.

EDIT:

P74.Now being the owner of extraordinary powers, Richtofen decided to make his own twist on Power-Ups, to change the color of the eyes of the zombies to blue, and to make his own theme music. These were mere warm-ups for his plans of ruling the world. The CDC and CIA noticed this change in Richtofen. They were confused, but just fought to survive nonetheless.

Then Maxis contacted Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Samantha, saying that he wasn't deleted, but just impaired, claiming that he can minimize the damage that Richtofen would cause. So they used the four terminals again to free Maxis.

Then they teleported the Egg using a Gersch Device to the top of a R-7 Rocket, which triggered a launch.

Maxis launched three R-7 Rockets towards the Earth, which made contact and exploded. One landed directly upon Nuketown, annihilating the CDC, CIA, and everything else present there. Most of the Earth became a barren landscape, except for the lava that appeared over it. Maxis's full intentions with these rockets is unknown, however his goal of hindering Richtofen succeeded.

P75.Richtofen no longer had a world full of people to torment. The world was now a wasteland. Lava was not an uncommon sight, having been exposed from the innards of the Earth. Dust in the air was also common. A ring of debris surrounded the Earth, which then fell back down a few at a time. Element 115 began to spread across the globe, reanimating zombies everywhere. People worldwide had to survive and fight for their lives. The geological disruption created a huge hole in the crust in the middle of Africa, which came to be known as the Rift. George Barkley, a former CDC assistant director in Druid Hills, Georgia, knew some of the awful side-effects of Element 115.

The airborne 115 started to cause paranoia among other mental instabilities in survivors just like it had to Maxis nearly a century ago. Under 115-induced delusion, he euthanized fourteen members of his own team and proceeded to make a transmission to anyone that would hear him to warn them of the dangers of the 115 contaminant.

P76.Richtofen began to contact survivors. He was not happy that the world had been taken from him, and he aimed to fix that. However, no survivors met his expectations.

An organization or movement began where people would consume zombie flesh to survive. They were known as The Flesh. Their practices aligned very much with cannibalism and occultism. One notable member of The Flesh was a man known as Samuel J. Stuhlinger.

Two military or former military men operated in a mission in this post-apocalyptic world. Saber10 was the codename of a man with a jet plane. He was communicating to a man by the codename Retcon5. Saber10 was making a sweep over a site and corporation called Broken Arrow. Russman had been a man who worked here but was fired. Saber10 and Recton5 had three mission objectives: to find survivors, to find records relating to the outbreak, and to evaluate it as a new forward operating base. There were no survivors. All of the records were destroyed by staff in a fire to prevent their own incrimination. The place was designated for bombing. Saber10 dropped his payload and retreated.

P77.Some survivors in this post-apocalyptic world took refuge in a former government facility in Jackass Flats, Nevada. The leader of the site made attempts to reach out to survivors to let them know this place was safe. Maxis contacted these survivors through the technology present there.

Maxis was limited in that he could only communicate through technology. Also, devices with high amounts of power would interfere with his signal, preventing him from communicating. He insisted that he did not mean to inflict as much damage on the world as he did, and he told the survivors that he was trying to create global polarization devices. Richtofen, however, also contacted the survivors.

When some of the survivors began hearing Richtofen and following his orders, a sort of civil war in Jackass Flats broke out, with one half fighting for Richtofen and the other for Maxis, each trying to establish some sort of tower with a power input.

The conflict grew. Each side had their disadvantages. Maxis wasn't punctual with his limited responses, and Richtofen was able to only penetrate a few people's minds. Armed conflict killed many people, and some people even went crazy due to the predicament. The zombie threat also didn't help.

The survivors were so concerned with killing the other side that neither Maxis nor Richtofen gained control of the tower in Jackass Flats.

P78.The CIA and CDC were still operational in this post-apocalyptic world. Their status and condition are unknown, but it was probably not good. Sixteen agents were sent to Green Run. Half were from the CIA, and half were from the CDC. Half went to the Town in Green Run, and half went to the Farm in Green Run.

Despite working for the same government they ended up fighting each other due to their differing beliefs and goals as well as due to Richtofen's prodding rhetoric and zombie attacks. In both Town and Farm, only one side of the bureaucratic agencies survived. Which survived is unknown.

After:

P74.Now being the owner of extraordinary powers, Richtofen took control of the zombies, Power-Ups, and more. Upon his rise to power, the zombies' eyes returned to glowing Element 115's raw color, blue. Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, Samantha, the CDC, and the CIA noticed this and fought onwards.

Then Maxis contacted Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Samantha, saying that he wasn't deleted, but just impaired, claiming that he can minimize the damage that Richtofen would cause. So they used the four terminals again to free Maxis.

Then they teleported the Egg using a Gersch Device to the top of a R-7 Rocket, which triggered a launch.

Maxis launched three R-7 Rockets towards the Earth, which made contact and exploded. One landed directly upon Nuketown, annihilating the CDC, CIA, and everything else present there.

P75.Much of the Earth became a barren landscape, and lava and other disasters were relatively common. A ring of debris floated around the Earth, with chunks of it continually falling back down. Element 115 began to spread across the globe, reanimating zombies everywhere. People worldwide had to survive and fight for their lives. Richtofen no longer had a world full of people to torment, but he had an army of the undead. The geological disruption created a huge hole in the crust in the middle of Africa, near the buried town, which came to be known as the Rift, which collected a relatively large amount of 115. George Barkley, a former CDC assistant director in Druid Hills, Georgia, knew some of the awful side-effects of Element 115.

The airborne 115 started to cause paranoia among other mental instabilities in survivors just like it had to Maxis nearly a century ago. Under 115-induced delusion, he euthanized fourteen members of his own team and proceeded to make a transmission to anyone that would hear him to warn them of the dangers of the 115 contaminant.

P76.Richtofen began to contact survivors. He was not happy that the world had been taken from him, and he aimed to fix that. However, no survivors met his expectations.

An organization or movement began where people would consume zombie flesh to survive. They were known as The Flesh. Their practices aligned very much with cannibalism and occultism. One notable member of The Flesh was a man known as Samuel J. Stuhlinger.

Two military or former military men operated in a mission in this post-apocalyptic world. Saber10 was the codename of a man with a jet plane. He was communicating to a man by the codename Retcon5. Saber10 was making a sweep over a site and corporation called Broken Arrow. Russman had been a man who worked here but was fired. Saber10 and Recton5 had three mission objectives: to find survivors, to find records relating to the outbreak, and to evaluate it as a new forward operating base. There were no survivors. All of the records were destroyed by staff in a fire to prevent their own incrimination. The place was designated for bombing. Saber10 dropped his payload and retreated.

P77.Some survivors in this post-apocalyptic world took refuge in a former government facility in Jackass Flats, Nevada. The leader of the site made attempts to reach out to survivors to let them know this place was safe. Maxis contacted these survivors through the technology present there.

Maxis was limited in that he could only communicate through technology. Also, devices with high amounts of power would interfere with his signal, preventing him from communicating. He insisted that he did not mean to inflict as much damage on the world as he did, and he told the survivors that he was trying to create global polarization devices for his Plan B. Richtofen, however, also contacted the survivors.

When some of the survivors began hearing Richtofen and following his orders, a sort of civil war in Jackass Flats broke out, with one half fighting for Richtofen and the other for Maxis, each trying to establish some sort of tower with a power input.

The conflict grew. Each side had their disadvantages. Maxis wasn't punctual with his limited responses, and Richtofen was able to only penetrate a few people's minds. Armed conflict killed many people, and some people even went crazy due to the predicament. The zombie threat also didn't help.

The survivors were so concerned with killing the other side that neither Maxis nor Richtofen gained control of the tower in Jackass Flats.

P78.The CIA and CDC were still operational in this post-apocalyptic world. Their status and condition are unknown, but it was probably not good. Sixteen agents were sent to Green Run. Half were from the CIA, and half were from the CDC. Half went to the Town in Green Run, and half went to the Farm in Green Run.

Despite working for the same government they ended up fighting each other due to their differing beliefs and goals as well as due to Richtofen's prodding rhetoric and zombie attacks.

That brings us up to P79. Now the rest of it is mostly columned because of the Maxis versus Richtofen split. So for the remainder of the updates, I will not re-post them here as I usually do. I will instead post and notify of the update when it is done, and you can go read them on the first post. Okay? It will save me a lot of time and hassle. Thank you.

He's been searching for decades to find a not-zombie to save the planet from zombies? That statement in itself leads me to believe that Maxis is indeed referring to the end of the world as being decades ago.

But then there's still Richtofen's "just getting used to the Aether" quote. If Maxis meant decades literally, then they're contradicting each other. Best bet is that Maxis was exaggerating the situation.

• Administrators

Samantha took over 60+ years to perfect her powers, and she was still not extremely powerful yet. The world was laid to waste by the rockets, and those who inhabited the now-eroded Earth consisted of surviving humans and zombies. I would assume that 20 years after Moon is not enough time for Richtofen to adapt much in his new home. He still has very limited powers during Tranzit. He hasn't been too successful in reaching the people that he needs to command for his instructions.

Archived