A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Administrators

@MMX: I'm confident in them, I think they'll make it interesting.

@Misty: Lol I know, I had to start mine from a new point already after only a few pieces of story, so I can't image what the whole map will do!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Treyarch is very clever for granting our wishes in having the O4 return. We just didn't expect it to be some sort of prequel. Now comes the question whether or not they'll get caught up in their own web.

I don't think MMX will need tons of re-writing; a great amount of it lies in the...er, origins of our favorite crew, when the zombies did rise from the unearthing of 115, the location's involvement, and of course - the robots.

Just leave us at two cliffhangers now why don't you, 3arc. :P

Where do you think the Origins map can be placed. They merely said it is when the four first met. This could be before they got teleported Maxis from the tunnel or after. Also curious about the robotics. This makes many peoples argument in regards to the Tranzit driver being so advanced null and void really. I mean the developers confirmed when this map was (when the 4 first got together to fight) and yet there is a 100 foot tall robot.

Since there is the 1,000 ft. tall robot in Origins and such I can now see TranZit easily being in the 60's with the bus driver there.

EDIT: I do still hold the belief it's in the future however. Don't want people getting the wrong thought here.

Where do you think the Origins map can be placed. They merely said it is when the four first met. This could be before they got teleported Maxis from the tunnel or after. Also curious about the robotics. This makes many peoples argument in regards to the Tranzit driver being so advanced null and void really. I mean the developers confirmed when this map was (when the 4 first got together to fight) and yet there is a 100 foot tall robot.

There are literally a dozen other reasons why TranZit is in the future. I have listed them in this thread alone a dozen times.

And I have read each and everyone of them I even gave a few of them to boot as I thought Tranzit (and still believe) was in the future. My point which you seem to have missed is that they had this technology way back in the 60s obviously.

Wrong. They did not have such technology back in the '60's. There is no evidence you can give to say so.

Oh that's a load of bull. We see plenty of technology more advanced in the game in dates before this and your telling me they couldn't invent a freaking robot. Not to mention their is a 100 foot robot in Origins. I mean raygun that's pretty advance, as is the thundergun, and many of the other weapons we have found. Your telling me it was impossible for them to have made a robot due to all these scientific breakthroughs as well. Not only that but your story specifically states maxis created an A.I. which is the next stage after rudimentary robotics.

Oh that's a load of bull.

Watch your mouth.

We see plenty of technology more advanced in the game in dates before this and your telling me they couldn't invent a freaking robot.

Yup.

Not to mention their is a 100 foot robot in Origins.

viewforum.php?f=138

I mean raygun that's pretty advance, as is the thundergun, and many of the other weapons we have found. Your telling me it was impossible for them to have made a robot due to all these scientific breakthroughs as well.

Those things are different from artificial sentience.

Not only that but your story specifically states maxis created an A.I. which is the next stage after rudimentary robotics.

It says no such thing.

Oh that's a load of bull.

Watch your mouth.

That is me watching my mouth

We see plenty of technology more advanced in the game in dates before this and your telling me they couldn't invent a freaking robot.

Yup.

That makes absolutely no sense.

viewforum.php?f=138

This links to the future zombies Discussion page

I mean raygun that's pretty advance, as is the thundergun, and many of the other weapons we have found. Your telling me it was impossible for them to have made a robot due to all these scientific breakthroughs as well.

That matters little its more advance still. It might be in another field of science (technological warfare in this case) but all these things still come under the same thing big banner being technology.

Not only that but your story specifically states maxis created an A.I. which is the next stage after rudimentary robotics.

It says no such thing.

P73 states a long dormant Maxis was activated while Richtofen was messing with the computer. It is only possible that it could be a A.I. the fact is it responded back towards Richtofen and thus knew what he was saying so it couldn't be prerecordings. The technology to put a being into a computer itself (known as digitizing) is something even more advanced than a A.I., the ability for a computer to even talk is actually classified as a A.I. though its a simplistic one at that. Even if its just saying lines of text for you it is technically considered within the realms of an A.I..

I'm really not interested in arguing with you over that nonsense you just spewed. If you're really going to continue, do it in a PM.

Why so you can just put down what I say. I know you do it with my husband but im not him and I don't put up with that treatment and you should know that well enough.

I'm really not interested in arguing with you over that nonsense you just spewed. If you're really going to continue, do it in a PM.

Why so you can just put down what I say. I know you do it with my husband but im not him and I don't put up with that treatment and you should know that well enough.

At least I'll be able to say you asked for it.

Yup.

That makes absolutely no sense.

The world's current smartest robot is ASIMO. It takes 6 hours to program a walk. It is dumber than a retarded cockroach. Literally. Anyone can build an animatronic. However, we STILL lack the technology to build artificial intelligence and sentience. In the future, such a thing can be considered possible, but there is NOTHING to indicate humans built artificial life in Zombies until the future.

viewforum.php?f=138

This links to the future zombies Discussion page

I know. Don't bring pre-map evideCRAP to my thread. This thread is NOT a place for speculation. This thread is NOT a place for half-baked ideas. If the map hasn't been released yet, it might as well not exist in the eyes of this thread.

That matters little its more advance still. It might be in another field of science (technological warfare in this case) but all these things still come under the same thing big banner being technology.

It is one thing to build a rocket. It's another to build someone to FIRE the rocket. The brain is incredibly complex. If you're going to build a robot that can think and feel emotions, you're basically playing God. Grouping all of technology together and saying "its all the same" is not only degrading to science as a whole but insulting to those who study it.

It says no such thing.

P73 states a long dormant Maxis was activated while Richtofen was messing with the computer. It is only possible that it could be a A.I. the fact is it responded back towards Richtofen and thus knew what he was saying so it couldn't be prerecordings. The technology to put a being into a computer itself (known as digitizing) is something even more advanced than a A.I., the ability for a computer to even talk is actually classified as a A.I. though its a simplistic one at that. Even if its just saying lines of text for you it is technically considered within the realms of an A.I..

"P44.When Maxis died in front of the MPD, his soul got sucked up into it."

Let me ask: have you even READ the first post? There was only ever one Ludvig. He became trapped within the computer. He was not an AI. Go back and listen to the radios. You can hear a woosh and a thud of his body as he transcended it, leaving him to believe himself above us "mortals".

Now drop this nonsense. This debate will go nowhere. So please do me a favor and DON'T artificially inflate this thread, okay?

Your thread is based off of both factual and things of speculation and yet you just tell me that this thread has nothing to do with speculation.

And as far as what I said I didn't clump them together. They are part of Science which is the big thing from their each one is within a subcategory of science. The RayGun, ThunderGun and such are within Technological warfare which comes under the category Technology. Technology comes underneath the category of Science. So yes I will they are under Science.

I am making a logical argument here, I don't wish to change your mind but only wish you to acknowledge my perspective which you don't seem to want to do.

• Administrators

At ease, friendos. Every voice will be heard whether you like it or not.

Just a quick tidbit about the whole "technology is advanced in the 1960's style due to Tranzit" ordeal: you are both correct. The technology we see in Tranzit is quite advanced, correct. It is, however, not advanced at the same time. Remember that just because the era's style of the map is present does not mean it is in the date we see it to be. In other words, it's no longer the '60s.

In the 1960's, there was no AI bus driver. There wasn't a secret laboratory that held a strange creature within the power chambers. It was just your average retro fashion and persons living their lives. This is all that Hanford (or the area in which we play Tranzit in) is decorated to be. Eventually the area became deserted and proved a perfect place to set up government or secret operations while still withstanding that innocent retro vibe. Who would think that this adorable little town would hold so many secrets and experiments?

All we know is that in the years of 202X or so, we now have this newfound technology never seen before. If anything, American technology in Zombies could not surpass anyone. Just think about it - in the 1960's, Germany and the USSR had far more superior technology than American could ever fathom to create. Look at the failed teleportation devices in FIVE and Area 51/Moon. To assume that we had all of what Tranzit offers almost a whole century before the 21st century is ridiculous. Still, technology is technology.

Tl;dr: Tranzit shows an old 1960's town with technology presented during the 2020's or so decade(s). There were no such things as smart AIs during its original time frame. It took about 60 years later to even create such technology. 1960's Green Run didn't have it. 2020's Green Run did.

I never stated that Tranzit occurred in the 1960s I merely stated that people's excuse "oh it couldn't have occurred because A.I.'s didn't exist back then" could just be thrown out the door as it wasn't a good enough excuse anymore. Now there are plenty of reasons why it occurred later (of which I provided some) and I believe it occurred later than the 1960s.

OH FIRST ON PAGE 100 :D

Just wanted to congratulate MurderMachine and all the other people that worked on this thread, for 100 pages off Content, Theories, and Debate. If my congratulation means something that is.

I'm not entirely what year it exactly takes place but I'm pretty sure its out of the 60s considering Marlton has a digital watch and I believe those were made in the early 1970s. I'm sure this was already discussed though.

This thread wasn't gonna get locked down on the 99th page. There has been WAAAAAY worse stuff going on in this thread here than me and him bickering here. This thread is known for bickering between us zombie veteran storyline theorists and so if anything it would've been shut down back when we were in the 60 pages that's when it was the worst.

Edit: edited worse to worst, dumb auto-correct likes to annoy me.

Archived