A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

Just seen a video from PTG and they found out the dogs are actually called Dreamcatchers . Not trying to take away from the cerebus idea but now we have a name.

More Native American links. I remembered this when we made these a few years ago in school. What a dream catcher is, is a little handmade net that you would hang by your bedside to ward off bad dreams, nightmares, that kind of stuff.

Now, I only listened to that video up until he said it was cooler to call them Dreamcatchers, so excuse me for stopping before he may have answered this, but why would they be called dreamcatchers?

I find the name pretty odd but it's what the devs named it. Wish I had an explanation for you but none was given.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read like 20+ paragraphs this is amazing.I love it :D

Lol. Awesome.

I suppose I should have mentioned this earlier, but I would not be including MotD into the rest of this storyline. I saw earlier that you're coining Lucifer, the supposed controller of the zombies during MotD, with being the first to use the mystery box, but I've always believed the mystery box to have been from Samantha as it was her toy box, but she put guns inside it to help the O4 surive the Zombies, the side effect was that it also helped Richtofen, who she wanted to kill for the harm he'd done to her and her father (Maxis).

MotD is really muddying up the waters here...

It's an official map. I'm going to count it. If I didn't include a map every time it complicated the storyline, we'd just have Nacht der Untoten. Seriously. Every map is its own revelation. You wouldn't be the first to say to not include a map. It's not an uncommon occurrence. Alcatraz was meant to be a prequel. It's supposed to shake things up. But since Alcatraz takes place before the other maps, it makes more sense to say that Samantha adopted Lucifer's design just as we thought Richtofen adopted Samantha's.

Some people have called it the Mystery Chest due to that scenario. We know that the controller, Lucifer, can yank particular objects out of their respective time frames. It is well possible that he knew of the Mystery Box's existence in the future, and created his own form of it. The area that encompasses where a Mystery Chest can appear seems to be a door. If you have the chest there, notice how there are flames engulfing it with the said door open to what may be Hell. Instead of a teddy bear, a lock was placed. I like to think of it as a "your fate has been sealed/you're locked out" ordeal.

I think that's erroneous. In fact, this Mystery Box is more accurately titled as the Mystery Box since it is actually THE Mystery Box, not Samantha's "dumbed-down" version of it.

The Mystery Box is not like the Perks nor the zombies because it is a thing existing within Aether. This means that if he yanked it from a future time, it creates an ontological paradox of who actually created the Mystery Box. I think that in this case its simpler to keep it in one timeline.

Also keep in mind that what we thought was Samantha's voice of the Power-Ups was actually Lucifer's. In essence, she could access his voice. The fact that she accesses his voice for the Power-Ups makes me think they are not her creation but adopted from him. I think the Mystery Box is in the same boat.

As for the Teddy Bear, I think that was Samantha's spin on it. In any case, I think a linear progression should be chosen over an ontological paradox.

I still very much dislike the idea that Lucifer can yank things out of their time periods and port them into the Mob of the Dead one, just feels like a cop out to me. Reminds me of my old Shangri-La on Mars "The Vril-ya can do anything" excuse. Do I have a better option? No, but the time frame thing just doesn't sit right with me.

In a separate note, I'm visiting the CDC exhibit in Georgia this weekend, if I find anything interesting I'll report back.

Well, I don't like the idea of Lucifer. But I manage. Good luck in Druid Hills.

Just seen a video from PTG and they found out the dogs are actually called Dream Chasers. Not trying to take away from the cerebus idea but now we have a name.

We already had a name. They're called the Beast. We were given this directly in the achievement. You can call them that if you want, but I'm going by the in-game name over coding.

Just seen a video from PTG and they found out the dogs are actually called Dreamcatchers . Not trying to take away from the cerebus idea but now we have a name.

More Native American links. I remembered this when we made these a few years ago in school. What a dream catcher is, is a little handmade net that you would hang by your bedside to ward off bad dreams, nightmares, that kind of stuff.

Now, I only listened to that video up until he said it was cooler to call them Dreamcatchers, so excuse me for stopping before he may have answered this, but why would they be called dreamcatchers?

Here's a dreamcatcher:

Link: http://imgur.com/zFxqcsy.jpg

So, is it just a subtle reference to Native Americans again? Strange name, though.

For anyone who doesn't know what one is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcatcher

Cool, Delta. But to be honest I think the significance is small. But I suppose it would make sense with the Native American relation with the Afterlife symbol.

It's funny, MMX...Although your answers indirectly say that you realize there's plenty of holes in this story, they did stir up an idea in me.

What I'm gathering now is that the Aether has always existed and anyone within it exists outside the boundaries of normal space and time. We can say the Lucifer, Satan, or better yet just Evil Incarnate (to eliminate religious implications) exists there. Since the first experiments with 115 and reanimating the dead were conducted, a bit of a rift developed in the interdimensional medium that separates our dimension, bound by space and time, from the Aether.

As experiments continued and became more involved, this rift grew larger. Certain characters from our story that have made the transition between dimensions are no longer themselves while in the Aether. Instead they are just a part of the Aether, so they acquire attributes of the Evil Incarante that dwells there, as well as the Evil acquires their attributes.

Do you think this a correct assessment?

It's funny, MMX...Although your answers indirectly say that you realize there's plenty of holes in this story, they did stir up an idea in me.

What I'm gathering now is that the Aether has always existed and anyone within it exists outside the boundaries of normal space and time. We can say the Lucifer, Satan, or better yet just Evil Incarnate (to eliminate religious implications) exists there. Since the first experiments with 115 and reanimating the dead were conducted, a bit of a rift developed in the interdimensional medium that separates our dimension, bound by space and time, from the Aether.

As experiments continued and became more involved, this rift grew larger. Certain characters from our story that have made the transition between dimensions are no longer themselves while in the Aether. Instead they are just a part of the Aether, so they acquire attributes of the Evil Incarante that dwells there, as well as the Evil acquires their attributes.

This interests me. :D

• Administrators

I definitely think that Aether has always existed, it just wasn't first discovered, or seen, or however you want to say it, until these tests were ran. But Aether is a touchy subject, only because so many theories can be made about it simply because we know so little. Many things exist there, people and things have resided there, but I believe there may be different levels of it perhaps. The core, then a middle section, then an outer one, or whatever, but again I can only say that because we know so little. Aether is a curious thing, and I don't fully understand this rift yet, but it's an interesting idea.

It seems plausible with the recent developments that the things Group 935 did with 115 opened a sort of Pandora's box. By reanimating the dead that were residing in the Aether (presumably because that's where all dead energies exist) they bridged the dimensional gap between our world and the Aether, but this bridge was actually a rift...Meaning there was never supposed to be a connection, so the connection is a violation of the natural world, thus the boundaries between our world and the Aether are now destroyed.

In simpler terms: The gate to hell has been opened, spilling all of its monstrosities into our world.

• Administrators

Do you think that this rift is the same one referred to by Dr. Richtofen in the Black Ops Shi No Numa radio? About time travel?

As for the theory you stated, I can see that, that makes some sense to me. I've believed for a very long time that Aether is actually Hell, they are one in the same, and if not exact, very similar. Remember, "He'll is Purple" ;)

Aether is said to be another dimension. Therefore, it has space and time. However, I think to say its time runs differently is jumping to conclusions. It is another dimension. By definition our feeble minds cannot comprehend it unless we were to visit it.

Since the "rift" is mentioned only one time every in Zombies (in the form of a question, to boot), I'm not going to speculate on it. There's simply no evidence to say ANYTHING. It's guesswork, not science.

However, since Lucifer seems native to Aether, it is possible that he has been there a long time. Do note though that the MPD's construction dates sometime between 1871 and 1940. So that complicates things.

Remember, Aether is another dimension, with different laws of physics. I think to try to imagine what it is like on a serious note is a bit ignorant of us. It's like trying to imagine a hypercube.

• Administrators

I have a question about zombies story.Is the satan and stuff from a christian perspective?Just wondering

I believe so, because as I've said before, 666 is brought up in the game and from what I have read, that number is basically Christian-exclusive and is even said in the Bible.

I have a question about zombies story.Is the satan and stuff from a christian perspective?Just wondering

I believe so, because as I've said before, 666 is brought up in the game and from what I have read, that number is basically Christian-exclusive and is even said in the Bible.

1.Not really christian exclusive, Christian sourec perhpas

2,Ok :)

After explanation I'm still left unsettled about the 'Lucifer' theory.

I don't think the story as it pertains to our O4 is related to MotD. I think it takes place earlier as more of a ghost story. Oft ten times stories may have shorter stories within them, parables, if you will. I see MotD as nothing more than a traditional sense of a zombie invasion. The fact that it revolves around the mobsters and Alcatraz is because their story and that place represent something extremely wicked.

However, the story of our O4 is how they created and manipulated the undead with 115, as opposed to MotD which is the conventional zombie invasion of it's own will, just happening. Therefore, I don't believe there is a controller. I believe the zombies are acting on their own free will during MotD. It's a separate story meant to show us an example of a zombie invasion 'in the wild', not manufactured by 115 reanimation and the rest of the story is how our other characters learned to harness this great power.

We must view the game as its title mandates. Zombies. They are their own entity, the center of their own universe.

That's how I'm seeing it...

• Administrators

Right, but I'm not talking about the Devil, I'm talking about the number 666. It was mentioned first in the Bible, Revelations by John to be exact;

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

Who or what 666 is referring to is heavily debated and in our situation practically irrelevant, but the fact remains that the number 666, the same number as in Mob of the Dead, is first and pretty much only mentioned in Christian scripture.

• Administrators

FYI, I won't be letting the Christian thing go if no one acknowledges it.

And I noticed that once, plus it has the standard stencil on it. Doesn't it also have a logo of the weapon manufacturer on it? Plus it has the Task Force logo I believe

I have no problem with what 666 means. Honestly I don't care. I'm more concerned with the identity of the controller, which I believe draws inspiration from multiple religions, including but not limited to Christianity.

Standard stencil? What do you mean? It has a skull with two crossed swords with an additional going through it. I tried to look into that but found nothing. The Scavenger has "STii Optics" on it.

• Administrators

I have no problem with what 666 means. Honestly I don't care. I'm more concerned with the identity of the controller, which I believe draws inspiration from multiple religions, including but not limited to Christianity.

Standard stencil? What do you mean? It has a skull with two crossed swords with an additional going through it. I tried to look into that but found nothing. The Scavenger has "STii Optics" on it.

Sorry, missed a word, meant to say standard military stencil. It's on a lot of our equipment, like when my cousin sent me a picture while on duty it was just plastered everywhere. And yeah that's it, too bad they aren't a real company. I remember seeing a thread on here, but it was non-conclusive.

Well this throws the creation of the V-R11 into the air. It means it must've been made by the US, not Maxis nor the Soviets. But why would it be in Call of the Dead? Perhaps the Americans were there at one point just like the Soviets had been and just like how the Americans AND Soviets had both been at many different places at one time?

• Administrators

Remember Rissole's theory about the DNA with the CIA agent? Does that still apply maybe? I still have trouble believing 935 was at Call of the Dead for long but I don't have much to back that up or many other theories, really.

I believe the US were at CoTD, the Russians were there too since the submarine has a huge red star on it, and the Nazi's were as we know. The order of which is unknown to me, Nazi's first though I'd expect. Yena created the Scavenger and it wouldn't surprise me if he created the V-R11 too. He was suspected of being an informant, like Peter, so he could have put the US on the weapon. I know I'm rambling, take from it what you will lol.

I think that just means that they both took from the same sound effects library.

So, for the past.... while.... I've been working a lot on pre-production stuff for my upcoming video rendition of this storyline. I went over many things we've covered in the past. So, now, I've amassed a little list of some things I believe need rectifying in this story:

1. Billy says his "crew" his the parts to the plane. I should mention something about that.

2. Apparently the V-R11 was made by the U.S.

3. The Scavenger says "STii Optics" on it.

4. There is much evidence to say the Soviets were in Griffin Station at one point, which we simply never acknowledged.

5. "87" is on both the V-R11 and Wave Gun. Why?

6. Perhaps we could try to again think of why the Focusing Stone made a time-loop?

7. Should I mention how a Naga ate Gary?

8. Also, despite popular belief, the little spinning red thing on the V-R11 is not a meteor. It's a steel ball with red lights.

I'll formulate my opinions in due time.

Wait a minute, is the STii on the Scavenger written on the scope, or the weapon itself? Because this makes me believe it's actually talking about the scope.

"Disclosed herein is a conceptual description of a rectangular-aperture astronomical telescope denoted the Scanning Tomographical Imaging Instrument (STII) utilizing orthogonal plano-conical mirrors figured by servomechanical actuators. The sectored reflectors of the STII are fully figured in situ. Accordingly the STII constitutes a decided break with the a priori figured circular aperture upon which astronomical telescopes have relied for some four centuries. Auspiciously, developments in current materials, mechanics and electronics have progressed so far that the most advanced concepts are probably beyond the technological needs of the STII. Because of its linear construction very large increases in extent and resolution are decidedly practical as compared to circular apertures now under consideration or construction. Orbital, lunar and terrestrial mountings are discussed in detail."

If you need to read more, check here: http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~garfinkm/Scope.html

To me just skimming, it seems to describe the scope of the Scavenger. An it seems to talk about a technology, not the brand itself.

Archived