A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

I feel as if there is a certain difference between the Alcatraz we play in and the Alcatraz in the beginning cutscene. The prison in the beginning looks clean, spotless and is actually full of prisoners chatting before lights go out. It seems to me when the mobsters kill Ferguson for good, they are pulled into a new reality. One where the Warden actually started killing and sacrificing a large portion of inmates. One where things got out of hand and everyone turned in the building.

I think it's worth making that distinction in your storyline.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I feel as if there is a certain difference between the Alcatraz we play in and the Alcatraz in the beginning cutscene. The prison in the beginning looks clean, spotless and is actually full of prisoners chatting before lights go out. It seems to me when the mobsters kill Ferguson for good, they are pulled into a new reality. One where the Warden actually started killing and sacrificing a large portion of inmates. One where things got out of hand and everyone turned in the building.

I think it's worth making that distinction in your storyline.

There is a difference indeed. The intro cutscene more than likely shows what the crew assumed was actually happening, but never truly happened. The transition between the regular Alcatraz and deteriorated/zombie-infested Alcatraz is probably the leadway into the cycle we know so much about now. It is possible that this event happens every time they repeat the cycle, but they don't know it because their memories are practically wiped out (yet they retain very, very minuscule recollections).

But your idea sounds very plausible. It could be very possible that this is where the true cycle had begun - killing Ferguson. When their reality of his death happened, the actual reality was before the zombies actually invaded. Upon killing Ferguson, their death would place them into that new reality like you said. From there, we enter the cycle of building a plane that never existed really but we happen to make it a reality for the crew's own cycle.

While they tried and failed to escape using Icarus, the true reality of Alcatraz was just as MMX and you have said. But as actual time progressed for Alcatraz, the M4 only can take note that this seems relatively new to them every time they re-do the cycle. Note that they are surprised when they revive themselves in Afterlife, and they don't remember the fact that they created the map and locations for Icarus' parts. They repeat the cycle, and Alcatraz continually progresses through its destruction and satanic rituals. This, I believe, is where we come up to when we begin Mob of the Dead.

Infest is right. Although, I think the first part of the cinematic shows the first repeat. It's not what actually happened, because in the first version of history, Ferguson survived. So I think it is the first repeat. When you see the prison destroyed, it is supposed to be the "current" play-through. And to repeat, I think that specifically, Infest's last paragraph is 100% accurate.

That can account for all of the blood, afterlife symbols, and writing but it doesn't explain the body bags and candles. I think the actual outbreak, where they overran the prison was caused by the Warden's excessive ritual practices.

And I agree that our actual playthrough isn't the first experience of the cycle. I think it happened enough times for them to write clues on the walls and build traps. Accumulations of things that would help them in their next life.

Just because you don't see the bodies in the first part doesn't mean they aren't there. It's dark in that scene. You can barely see a thing at all. You could alternatively suppose that sometimes the main characters hung themselves.

But they did much more than just write stuff on the walls. Sal tells us that they built the Acid Trap and Fan Trap. And how do you think the ramp for the plane got there?

The bodies are not there in beginning of the cutscene. And neither are the abundant amount of candles on the floor.

The bodies are in bags and they are not hanging from a noose. They're hanging from meat hooks going through their necks. The characters didn't hang themselves. I think it's very possible that this is a reality where the Warden went too far.

Oh, I didn't know that. Then your guess why they are there is as good as mine. Perhaps Lucifer put them there.

But no. Monopoly Mac. I'm not going to support any type multiverse theory. Have it elsewhere. Unless there is direct evidence that multiple dimensions exist, there isn't going to be any of that here. We are confined to a box. I will not hear of there being a second box unless there is direct proof that there is a second box.

MMX: I understand what your saying but your just writing it off as "if you cannot explain it then Lucifer must have done it", that doesn't cut it. That is a cop-out and its showing that one isn't open to new ideas. The goal of finding factual things is to try to bring "everything" to something logical. I cannot believe I am hearing you of all people say "Lucifer did it" that is entirely unlike you. To state it is a being that we have no proof even truly exists in the map (we are the ones who actually came up with this idea of his existence) is ridiculous and honestly should only be used as a last resort.

So walk me through why there are body bags hanging on this map please? I'm not trying to force any theory onto you, but I feel like these are important details like the 666 sign. The map looks clean in the beginning cutscene and littered with symbols after. You could even say the Warden didn't do rituals at all in the original universe but then Lucifer wouldn't be here.

No. There is no evidence of why there are body bags there of any sort. None. Zip. Nada. Nothing. So, you know what that means?

"Somehow there was body bags there."

That's it. Finished. Finale. No more. There could be a million different reasons why they are there, and none can be said to be any more or less likely than the other, due to having NO evidence. Since no alternative theories satisfy the evidence requirements, NONE will be chosen. Therefore, the concern of body bags at all is removed.

You are turning what was in the realm of science to one of faith.

No. There is no evidence of why there are body bags there of any sort. None. Zip. Nada. Nothing. So, you know what that means?

"Somehow there was body bags there."

That's it. Finished. Finale. No more. There could be a million different reasons why they are there, and none can be said to be any more or less likely than the other, due to having NO evidence. Since no alternative theories satisfy the evidence requirements, NONE will be chosen. Therefore, the concern of body bags at all is removed.

You are turning what was in the realm of science to one of faith.

There's no evidence to support lucifer putting them there either so what makes your theory a "fact"?

Oh, I didn't know that. Then your guess why they are there is as good as mine. Perhaps Lucifer put them there.

But no. Monopoly Mac. I'm not going to support any type multiverse theory. Have it elsewhere. Unless there is direct evidence that multiple dimensions exist, there isn't going to be any of that here. We are confined to a box. I will not hear of there being a second box unless there is direct proof that there is a second box.

You did third sentence.

If you're going to bring up what I said previously, then recall "Your guess is as good as mine."

So, don't take what I said out of context. Monopoly Mac wanted me to guess. So I did. That's all it is. A guess.

To reiterate:

There could be a million different reasons why they are there, and none can be said to be any more or less likely than the other, due to having NO evidence. Since no alternative theories satisfy the evidence requirements, NONE will be chosen. Therefore, the concern of body bags at all is removed.

Archived