A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

Why Weasel though? Why him and not any of the others. Specify your reasoning (still refuse to think its Devil, Satan, or whatever you wish to call the being currently in control)

Well he is special he hears voices and sees those purgatory symbols in his head etc.

I'm sure in future we will know more about what plans the one who is in control has for him.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Why Weasel though? Why him and not any of the others. Specify your reasoning (still refuse to think its Devil, Satan, or whatever you wish to call the being currently in control)

Because Al was the one who kept trying to escape the prison more than the others, probably. I have not completed the Side Quest, but I have a feeling that there are some things that he is hiding which makes the others turn on him. Or could it be that they were all slowly remembering that each cycle was unsuccessful and assumed that Al would betray them?

just wanted to throw in a unrelated point I noticed in the map, I was looking at one of the clocks and it was stuck at 1:15 with the second hand moving the same way it was in der riese. could this have some thing to do with the loop, are we traped in time?

Did we ever get an explaination for the clock in der riese, if there we did then the same thing should apply here right?

I think it's just something to poke at us. It's like punching in "115" to the control panel just to hear this demonic voice say "NOT THIS TIME" to symbolize that the element was not involved in these newfound zombies. "935" can be punched in and receive the song Where Are We Going. Perhaps this can be taken into the view of the zombies as well, since Group 935 were the first to use element 115 in zombies.

H*llhounds can teleport AT WILL. They don't need a Teleporter nor a receptacle. Fluffy was the first H*llhound brought into the Aether by a Teleporter, but she never reappeared that we knew of. Well perhaps that is because she reappeared here, back in time? Before the '40's. BEFORE Samantha.

Aether seems to have the ability to mutate. Fluffy can only go partway through a moving portal. Her babies are more adept at the environment and are able to spawn fully at will. Even Samantha, her voice was permanently altered by the environment. The Gas Zombies you could say were mutated by the Aether as well into the Jumping Jacks.

In the Der Riese radios, Sam runs in asking Maxis what he has done with her and he even says "That's not Fluffy anymore" so Fluffy was indeed the first hellhound and those two were locked in there with the hellhound. IMO, what HAPPENED to Fluffy is a result of just being mutated in Aether and how this relates to MoTD is the hellhounds might actually just resemble the dog in MoTD. If you ask me, the dog is probably this big boy right here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus

think about it; There are three locations for ONE head to spawn. Some locations even show three dog heads. And given how much everything relates more directly to hell and Satan in this map, it wouldn't surprise me if this a nod to the big guy.

• Administrators

Radio:

Stanley Ferguson: My name is Stanley Ferguson, I was a guard at Alcatraz from 1933 to 1942. Today, I'm going to give you some insight into one of the more interesting tales of the prisons history. Over the decades, Alcatraz has seen more than its fair share of daring escape attempts. However, few were as audacious as the one undertaken by four inmates, on New Years Eve, 1933. Thought to be the brainchild of an inmate by the name of Albert Arlington, the outrageous scheme was as unlikely as its mastermind.

It's believed that Arlington, aka The Weasel, somehow convinced three other inmates that he had devised a fool-proof plan to escape "The Rock." It was a plan that would seek, literally, taking to the skies on a makeshift aircraft of Arlington's own design.

Just how the Weasel managed to convince these hardened criminals that such a plan was even possible, remains a mystery to this day. What is known, is that no such plane was ever built. Instead, the groups plans for freedom soon descended into bitter argument, and infighting.

The plan falling apart, anger and frustration would ultimately lead to a brutal altercation between the misguided Arlington and his former co-conspirators. Armed with only makeshift weapons, Finn O'Leary, Sal Deluca, and Billy Handsome, lured the unsuspecting Arlington to the roof, where they intended to exact a bloody and violent revenge.

So it was there, beneath the dark and stormy winter skies, that the hapless Arlington met his grizzly end, bleeding to death, on the cold, concrete roof. For their participation in the murder, the three collaborators were set to death by Electric Chair. Justice came swiftly. On the morning of January 19, 1934, the execution order was carried out.

Radio:

Stanley Ferguson: My name is Stanley Ferguson, I was a guard at Alcatraz from 1933 to 1942. Today, I'm going to give you some insight into one of the more interesting tales of the prisons history. Over the decades, Alcatraz has seen more than its fair share of *daring* escape attempts. However, few were as audacious as the one undertaken by four inmates, on New Years Eve, 1933. Thought to be the brainchild of an inmate by the name of Albert Arlington, the outrageous scheme was as unlikely as its mastermind.

It's believed that Arlington, aka The Weasel, somehow convinced three other inmates that he had devised a fool-proof plan to escape "The Rock." It was a plan that would *seek* literally, taking to the skies on a makeshift aircraft of Arlington's own design.

Just how the Weasel managed to convince these hardened criminals that such a plan was even possible, remains a mystery to this day. What is known, is that no such plane was ever built. Instead, the groups plans for freedom soon descended into bitter argument, and *infighting*.

The plan falling apart, anger and frustration would ultimately lead to a brutal altercation between the misguided Arlington and his former co-conspirators. *Armed with only* makeshift weapons, Finn O'Leary, Sal Deluca, and Billy Handsome, lured the unsuspecting Arlington to the roof, where they intended to *exact* a bloody and violent revenge.

So it was there, beneath the dark and stormy winter skies, that the hapless Arlington met his grizzly end, bleeding to death, on the cold, concrete roof. For their participation in the murder, the three collaborators were set to death by Electric Chair. Justice came swiftly. On the morning of January 19, 1934, the execution order was carried out.

• Administrators

We just killed Stanley so this is soooooo confusing now. He was the first zombie we see but if you go into the wardens office it shows pictures which means there have been zombies here for a while apparently. At least ones that the warden knew of.

The Warden has pictures of Zombies in his office?

So guys. We just completed the Side Mission. It was quite fun and challenging. The ending was interesting.

If the three kill Weasel, the cycle continues. If the Weasel kills the other three, the cycle is broken.

What does this mean?

Matuzz, this completely goes against your theory, but here is what I think is going on:

Albert and the others try to escape. Albert betrays them. The others kill him. The Devil forces them to relive those last moments together, but in a much different way. He tortures them in a never-ending time loop; their own purgatory. He makes them fight against zombies, and he plucks the Perks out of their timelines. Weasel knows more about what's going on than the rest. The relive the same fight repeatedly. Eventually, in their quest to do the Side Mission, the Devil says "So you want to know the truth", and tells them the events to come. Eventually, they get to the final step. If they kill Albert, they simply relive the same fight again. However, if he kills them, the similar situation apparently breaks the cycle, causing a new chain of events to occur, breaking them free of the Devil's control. And Albert walks away.

Some notes: Alcatraz still had Electric Cherry, zombies, and access to Perks. I think that they had shadily been living in the shadow of this Devil, which would explain the Warden's rituals to worship him.

I think all the boss guards are Brutus. There is normally only one at a time. However, the exception is made on the Golden Gate Bridge. This is probably to make it harder; a gameplay mechanic. But if you want a story explanation, the Devil probably just plucked Brutus out of his own time-stream to intermingle with himself.

@Undead: Why can't Cerberus and Fluffy be one in the same? They made Samantha the equivalent of Satan; perhaps Fluffy is the equivalent of Cerberus?

Btw, I just want to establish once and for all, his name is Albert "The Weasel" Arlington. The whole Arthur thing must've just been a mistake by a Treyarch employee.

Hm... what else? Oh, this definitely is NOT the future. Sal said "Wouldn't life have been much easier if we had guns like this?" (He had picked up a machine gun I believe.) Also, the Warden is an important but unseen character in this map.

One more thing, we need to decide what to call this guy. Devil, Satan, Abaddon. They're just names. Honestly, I'd like to call this guy Him, but that name is already taken! I consider him to be the truth behind the myth. Not a being written down in any religion but the figure inspiring such religions.

• Administrators

It almost reminds me of... Karma? Maybe that's the right word, I'm not sure, but they killed Al so they're living in their own Hell, and they will forever unless they sacrifice their lives for a man that didn't need to die at their hands.

I'd just like to call him the Devil, but Mr. Evil works too :D hehe

It almost reminds me of... Karma? Maybe that's the right word, I'm not sure, but they killed Al so they're living in their own Hell, and they will forever unless they sacrifice their lives for a man that didn't need to die at their hands.

Lol. Maybe we should have a community poll? Btw, Tac, if my theory is correct, then that means Mob of the Dead takes place on December 31, 1933.

EDIT: Infest and nayrc, I think Infest is right. They are utilizing a theory made for Der Riese. How cute.

• Administrators

Lol. Maybe we should have a community poll? Btw, Tac, if my theory is correct, then that means Mob of the Dead takes place on December 31, 1933.

I'm thinking that's the date, which I don't get because Alcatraz wasn't even occupied at that point but WHATEVER TREYARCH. But hey, I won't argue with the man until more arises than my simple unhappiness with their researching abilities. But I think a poll would be good, but I can't imagine how many different names we should go with. If we really felt inclined we could find 15 different eligible names, since hell is a widely used name for the underworld. However, 666 is brought up a few times as well, and that (from what I read) is basically Christian-exclusive, so I propose Devil, Satan, or Lucifer, whichever one prefers to use.

Well 666 isn't a name... it's just a number. I think that's only because Alcatraz was run by Christians. As for the discrepancy with the dates, we can probably write that off just like we did the HAARP program: the supposed start date was a lie; it had already been going. (And considering all the zombie paraphernalia, I can see why it wouldn't want to be discussed.)

I'm going to bed now. I want to see what others think of my theory before I go too much further with it. Feel free to give more thoughts btw Tac.

• Administrators

Well 666 isn't a name... it's just a number. I think that's only because Alcatraz was run by Christians. As for the discrepancy with the dates, we can probably write that off just like we did the HAARP program: the supposed start date was a lie; it had already been going. (And considering all the zombie paraphernalia, I can see why it wouldn't want to be discussed.)

I'm going to bed now. I want to see what others think of my theory before I go too much further with it. Feel free to give more thoughts btw Tac.

Well no, it most definitely isn't a name, but the number has different meaning and it's implications are related to a few specific names. Like A51, that's a number on my modified bingo card, but it also has specific implications to other things (Area 51, clearly). That's all I mean.

Damn dates, me being as adament about them as I am will likely be the death of me haha.

In regards to your theory, I'm not sure if Albert betrayed them or not, that's the part I'm skeptic on, otherwise I love it.

yes Tac go in the wardens office look to your right its right next to the door on a tack board.

Lol I would, but I don't have the map.

I have not played yet, I can't wait to see all the goodies you guys are discussing here. I think the sign may say "respect warden"? And for Purgatory, NM, I found this:

Purgatory Canyon

El Rio de Las Animas Perdidas en Purgatoir (The River of Lost Souls in Purgatory) was first explored in the illegal Humana and Bonilla expedition of 1539. At that time, the band was led by a Portuguese don, seconded by a Spaniard. The group, including priests, soldiers and miners set forth on a quest that led them into Colorado.

The Spaniard could not stand to have a Portuguese leading the party and after becoming increasingly jealous and angry he killed the Portuguese and took over the leadership.

The priests refused to go further with the band being led by an "evil leader” and returned to Mexico. The rest of the group continued on to what is now Colorado but were attacked and killed by Apaches.

More than a year later, Coronado would again explore the area in search of Gran Quivera, the seven cities of gold. However, his search would prove nothing more than a frustrating one when he returned empty handed.

More than one hundred years later, in the 1700’s, the Spaniards were transporting twelve chests of Spanish gold coins from Santa Fe, New Mexico to St. Augustine, Florida. The money was to be utilized for payroll and garrison expenses. The regiment, led by a man by the name of Carrasco Rodriguez, for some reason, traveled through Colorado rather than taking a more direct southerly route. Somewhere around where Trinidad is today, the regiment was caught in the winter weather where they were forced to stay until the spring. When spring arrived, Rodriguez once again led his caravan in the wrong direction and nothing was heard of them again.

Some say that the Spaniards buried the chests of gold somewhere along the banks of the Purgatory River. However, the more prevalent theory is that the Spaniards were attacked by Indians, who took their weapons, tools, clothing, and animals. Having no use for the gold, they probably threw it into a cave or a ravine. This theory is supported by a later finding of a suit of Spanish armor found along the banks of the Purgatory River, as well as a skeleton and ancient firearm found in a cave east of the Willow-Vogel Canyon junction in 1924.

Further tales describe the recovery of a few gold ingots and Spanish gold coins found along trails through Purgatoire Canyon. Another story has been told of a small ironbound chest containing a few thick gold coins, which was found in a cave in Purgatory Canyon sometime around 1924. Also found at the site was an old piece of harness with well-carved, ornate silver trimmings.

The man who was said to have found these things drove a knife into a tree outside the cave, confident that he was close to recovering the twelve chests of gold coins. However, while leaving the area of the cave, he fell and badly broke his leg, laying there for two days and nights. In his extremely weakened condition, a couple of people came upon him and he shared his tale with them. Unfortunately, the man succumbed to exposure.

purgatoire is french for purgatory. That being said:

The Purgatoire River drains an area of 3,447 square miles (8,930 km2). 96.4% of this area is in Colorado, the remaining 3.6% is in New Mexico.[4]

The Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site is a large military base located along the western bank of the Purgatoire river. Plans by the U.S. Army to expand the base have been controversial. Citizens' groups have succeeded in stopping the planned expansion as of 2011.

But as for dates not adding up and all that, I do consider that these people are already dead. But have "unfinished business" and are being withheld from whatever afterlife they succumb to. A demon is toying with them, I think, because the weasel knows something he shouldnt or something valuable to this demon.

Hope that helps spark some investigations.

The purgatory nm wasn't a cut off it read Purgatory, NM 1932

That's the entire clipping of it

It cannot be Respect Warden wouldn't make any sense considering the fact that its above a pic of the ghost. Besides why would that be a newspaper clipping. Why would a newspaper have as a headline Respect Warden. Also it would be Respect the Warden. No this is Suspect Warden suggesting that there was more to the clipping.

Also that story has nothing to do with this that is a old pirate tale barely anyone even knew about surprised you found it to be honest its been a long time since I read it. The investigation is pretty much done we are trying to make heads or tails of the evidence we have here now. Bear in mind that while linking we cannot contradict something that exists on this map already too. MMX is just asleep right now as should most of us as its 1 AM.

• Administrators

@zombo187; Very interesting and thank you for doing some investigative reporting, I appreciate it a lot. I've got a feeling that this is just a random newspaper, like the Wall Street one in the loading screen, but who knows. Thank you again :)

@Zelkova; Do you have any means of taking pictures of these things that you find?

• Administrators

Finally finished the Side Quest. I must say, it got very intense in the latter part of it. My arse of a friendo decided to shoot me on the bridge, yet I shot him at the same time so we both ending up dying. Nevertheless, it says that the cycle continued and yet we still got the Game Over round as us both down. Interesting. :lol:

Now I'm curious. For what reason would The Ruler (I'll just stick to that name for me) want Al to stay alive? He plays a more important role that we think. And I'm a tad confused about his story. So he told the crew that he created a plane to get off the island, but then when they went there was no such plane? I wonder why Al would lie about escaping. Obviously everyone would want to escape.

It cannot be Respect Warden wouldn't make any sense considering the fact that its above a pic of the ghost. Besides why would that be a newspaper clipping. Why would a newspaper have as a headline Respect Warden. Also it would be Respect the Warden. No this is Suspect Warden suggesting that there was more to the clipping.

Also that story has nothing to do with this that is a old pirate tale barely anyone even knew about surprised you found it to be honest its been a long time since I read it. The investigation is pretty much done we are trying to make heads or tails of the evidence we have here now. Bear in mind that while linking we cannot contradict something that exists on this map already too. MMX is just asleep right now as should most of us as its 1 AM.

Ok...well as I said in the very beginning of my post. I have not played it. I was going off of comments I read in this forum, which is very long and I did not and couldnt read them all. That was just a shot in the dark. I was just tryin to help. "that old pirate tale" was the first google result that I clicked.

But seriously, go to bed. Your post came off completely arrogant and unwelcoming. Just because you own the map and I don't, does not give you the authority to condescend to others.

Funny Tac basically said the same thing as you, but wasn't so standoffish about it. I felt more like you were trying to ridicule me than anything. Not cool man. It's not hard and doesn't cost anything to be kind. Food for thought.

Well no, it most definitely isn't a name, but the number has different meaning and it's implications are related to a few specific names. Like A51, that's a number on my modified bingo card, but it also has specific implications to other things (Area 51, clearly). That's all I mean.

Damn dates, me being as adament about them as I am will likely be the death of me haha.

In regards to your theory, I'm not sure if Albert betrayed them or not, that's the part I'm skeptic on, otherwise I love it.

yes Tac go in the wardens office look to your right its right next to the door on a tack board.

Lol I would, but I don't have the map.

My bad Tac. Arlington didn't betray them. They killed him because of his incompetence.

(Or I suppose they would have killed him for his incompetence?)

We just killed Stanley so this is soooooo confusing now. He was the first zombie we see but if you go into the wardens office it shows pictures which means there have been zombies here for a while apparently. At least ones that the warden knew of.

Yes, I believe Alcatraz had been doing a lot of zombie stuff prior to the actual opening. In fact, when Alcatraz actually opens, you could consider it a re-opening, but without the zombies.

Well, I don't think the intent was for that. They basically repeat over and over until they get to that point and Albert manages to kill them, breaking the cycle.

I made a voting thread for the title of this guy. I'm sorry Tac but I forgot to put Mr. Evil in there. :( That's not a big deal, is it?

I have not played yet, I can't wait to see all the goodies you guys are discussing here. I think the sign may say "respect warden"? And for Purgatory, NM, I found this:

Purgatory Canyon

El Rio de Las Animas Perdidas en Purgatoir (The River of Lost Souls in Purgatory) was first explored in the illegal Humana and Bonilla expedition of 1539. At that time, the band was led by a Portuguese don, seconded by a Spaniard. The group, including priests, soldiers and miners set forth on a quest that led them into Colorado.

The Spaniard could not stand to have a Portuguese leading the party and after becoming increasingly jealous and angry he killed the Portuguese and took over the leadership.

The priests refused to go further with the band being led by an "evil leader” and returned to Mexico. The rest of the group continued on to what is now Colorado but were attacked and killed by Apaches.

More than a year later, Coronado would again explore the area in search of Gran Quivera, the seven cities of gold. However, his search would prove nothing more than a frustrating one when he returned empty handed.

More than one hundred years later, in the 1700’s, the Spaniards were transporting twelve chests of Spanish gold coins from Santa Fe, New Mexico to St. Augustine, Florida. The money was to be utilized for payroll and garrison expenses. The regiment, led by a man by the name of Carrasco Rodriguez, for some reason, traveled through Colorado rather than taking a more direct southerly route. Somewhere around where Trinidad is today, the regiment was caught in the winter weather where they were forced to stay until the spring. When spring arrived, Rodriguez once again led his caravan in the wrong direction and nothing was heard of them again.

Some say that the Spaniards buried the chests of gold somewhere along the banks of the Purgatory River. However, the more prevalent theory is that the Spaniards were attacked by Indians, who took their weapons, tools, clothing, and animals. Having no use for the gold, they probably threw it into a cave or a ravine. This theory is supported by a later finding of a suit of Spanish armor found along the banks of the Purgatory River, as well as a skeleton and ancient firearm found in a cave east of the Willow-Vogel Canyon junction in 1924.

Further tales describe the recovery of a few gold ingots and Spanish gold coins found along trails through Purgatoire Canyon. Another story has been told of a small ironbound chest containing a few thick gold coins, which was found in a cave in Purgatory Canyon sometime around 1924. Also found at the site was an old piece of harness with well-carved, ornate silver trimmings.

The man who was said to have found these things drove a knife into a tree outside the cave, confident that he was close to recovering the twelve chests of gold coins. However, while leaving the area of the cave, he fell and badly broke his leg, laying there for two days and nights. In his extremely weakened condition, a couple of people came upon him and he shared his tale with them. Unfortunately, the man succumbed to exposure.

purgatoire is french for purgatory. That being said:

The Purgatoire River drains an area of 3,447 square miles (8,930 km2). 96.4% of this area is in Colorado, the remaining 3.6% is in New Mexico.[4]

The Piñon Canyon Maneuver Site is a large military base located along the western bank of the Purgatoire river. Plans by the U.S. Army to expand the base have been controversial. Citizens' groups have succeeded in stopping the planned expansion as of 2011.

But as for dates not adding up and all that, I do consider that these people are already dead. But have "unfinished business" and are being withheld from whatever afterlife they succumb to. A demon is toying with them, I think, because the weasel knows something he shouldnt or something valuable to this demon.

Hope that helps spark some investigations.

No offense zombo, but I think it is merely an allusion. Story implication minimal. Good thinking though.

It read RGATORY NM 1932, Zelkova. -_-

I think Respect Warden makes sense. But to be honest, like I said, this is a small detail.

Finally finished the Side Quest. I must say, it got very intense in the latter part of it. My arse of a friendo decided to shoot me on the bridge, yet I shot him at the same time so we both ending up dying. Nevertheless, it says that the cycle continued and yet we still got the Game Over round as us both down. Interesting. :lol:

Now I'm curious. For what reason would The Ruler (I'll just stick to that name for me) want Al to stay alive? He plays a more important role that we think. And I'm a tad confused about his story. So he told the crew that he created a plane to get off the island, but then when they went there was no such plane? I wonder why Al would lie about escaping. Obviously everyone would want to escape.

Hm, so if you somehow tie, it's an automatic loss. What I find interesting is that there are two ways to complete the Side Mission: do it right or do it wrong. If you do it wrong, it is still completed gameplay-wise but not story-wise.

I don't think he wants Al to be alive. I consider the Side Mission basically being a way that they trick him and escape. Although really Al is the only one who manages to escape. The plane was real. We know that in the game. It was possible to build. However, they never managed to complete it. He didn't lie.

Murder could the only method I can try is via a android phone in theater mode.

Well, the only way I could ever do it was by asking GRILL.

Btw, guys, tonight I'll be reviewing my 3-hour gameplay of doing the Side Mission and transcribing.

• Administrators

My bad Tac. Arlington didn't betray them. They killed him because of his incompetence.

(Or I suppose they would have killed him for his incompetence?)

I really can't tell why they killed him. It wouldn't be because the plane didn't work, because we prove it does, so he wasn't necessarily incompetent. The radio says that the "the plan" began "falling apart" which resulted in anger, frustration, bitter arguments, and infighting. So my opinion is that they killed him because he was "misguided", as the audio states.

I made a voting thread for the title of this guy. I'm sorry Tac but I forgot to put Mr. Evil in there. That's not a big deal, is it?

Haha no it's alright, I was only kidding. :)

Archived