A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

Sorry for the delay guys. I've updated the storyline.

@SeaboundSlayer: Thank you. It's been fixed. It is okay if I add you as a contributor?

@nayrc: Let me know if you find anything interesting.

@lovelyme: Thank you.

~~~~

So now I guess we CAN say Turned is related to the storyline, given all the quotes we were given. What do you guys think? I do think it also reinforces that Richtofen can give life, but only to individuals (not whole societies), and that it has little to nothing to do with time travel, as there is no time travel in Turned.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand. But thank you. You DID help. You pointed out something that was wrong to be fixed, and it was fixed. Was it the biggest thing in the world? No. However, you officially helped my story, and I would think it would be wrong NOT to try to add you.

EDIT: I'm merging P1 and P2. Paragraphs have grown in size since I started this, and those paragraphs have been left nearly untouched. So I'm just going to adjust the consistency.

EDIT: Never mind. I tried it and looked at it. I just didn't like it.

So now I guess we CAN say Turned is related to the storyline, given all the quotes we were given. What do you guys think? I do think it also reinforces that Richtofen can give life, but only to individuals (not whole societies), and that it has little to nothing to do with time travel, as there is no time travel in Turned.

I haven't even heard all the quotes yet, but I thought this might be the case. Greif was a seperate arcade style game also but there were a few things we learned about the story line that were exclusive. It only makes sense that Turned would also.

I feel that the primary objective is probably relevant. We have several zombies chasing a single cure, and then has a chance to survive. Albeit with the odds stacked against them. We know Richtofen enjoys toying with survivors but is it possible he also toys with the souls of the zombies? The jury is still out for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwBO6XxtEoc

I agree that Turned now has something to do with the story, I think. I think that Richtofen is basically entertaining himself with the zombies as well as demonstrating his resurrection power.

But you know what really boggles my mind? Doesn't this mean that somewhere out there in America there is a lone CDC survivor who was once a zombie?!

• Administrators

But you know what really boggles my mind? Doesn't this mean that somewhere out there in America there is a lone CDC survivor who was once a zombie?!

I don't quite understand what you mean by this. Are you saying that some random CDC survivor became zombified, then resurrected via Richtofen? If that's the scenario, why would it be this particular person and who could it be? I'm really confused. :?

• Administrators

In Turned, you play as four former CDC people who became zombies. Richtofen plays around with the zombies, letting one fight to become human. At the end of the game, the last human gets a bonus. So by the end of the game, there is one survivor: a lone CDC member who was once a zombie.

Ahhh, okay - that makes a ton of sense. Thanks for clarifying, friendo.

I would have assumed the other zombies would get to him once Richtofen leaves them alone, causing an infinite loop. Let the mouse be chased by the cats once the owner is done toying with them, if you will.

But there is no loop. The game has a clear beginning. Richtofen makes a clear beginning. The game has a clear end. Richtofen clearly says so. The game starts with four zombies. The game ends with three. The human, once Richtofen is no longer interfering, could simply kill the three zombies. Three zombies are loads easier than a never-ending onslaught.

While that would be cool, I don't think that is a good idea. It gives too much power. To sticky this thread would be like CoDz as a whole acknowledges its correctness. While I do think this thread is correct, I don't think it would be good idea to have the website sticky this, essentially endorsing it, when there are quite a few people on this site who would refute this thread.

I believe my story is correct, but I don't want to shove that down other people's throats.

hm - I see what you mean.

Perhaps there could be some sort of disclaimer at the start?

A stickied thread to me is one that has a WEALTH of importance and daily participation. Just because it's stickied doesn't mean it has to be fact.

People have guides and strategies stickied - but does that mean those are the only way to play the game? No, they are just fantastic resources.

Regardless, when I'm talking to a new user - 9 times out of 10 I'm sending them to this thread. At this point it's the most up-to-date and updated storyline, so that's where I'm coming from.

Totally didn't mean to put you on the spot like that MMX. We're all equals here, not trying to put anyone on a pedestal or say anyone is right or wrong.

Thank you. Actually, it has nothing to do with zombies. It is a character of my own creation. My latest character design. I thought he was really cool, so I decided to use his face to represent me. He is a space firefighter in the future. He goes around to biodomes in space or on desolate planets or moons, resolving chaos of partial destructions involving fire.

-

EDIT: Btw, one thing that really boggles me about Turned is how sometimes the zombies have yellow eyes and sometimes the zombies have blue eyes. It doesn't make any sense. We need to think of an explanation for this. However, the explanation is probably going to be so far fetched that it might should be dismissed as are the functions of the Perks sometimes are, like Double-Tap.

In my analogy where I say facts are points and theories are the lines that connect the points, the straightest line between the points is the best theory. In this example, you could think of the points being in very erratic positions. Therefore, the lines are going to be quite strange, but it'll be the best we've got.

So who wants to draw a line? I mean, make a theory? Or rather, explain why there are yellow eyes?

• Administrators

Eventually, this thread should be stickied. Not because it has over 60 pages of collaborative and expansive information, but because it is a vital asset to the community.

In regards to the different zombie eye colors, I believe you mentioned that the last time we actually got to talk, MMX. I want to say it may be because there are different forces coming into play here. The fact that each zombie can "choose" the path they take (or decide their actions via players) seems very interesting. Why not have them all with blue eyes in that sense? Perhaps because there are three entities - four if you start the game as - there are several controlling factors involved.

I'll have to look extensively in Turned matches for this.

Thanks Infest.

I was thinking that perhaps either

(A) the eye colors might be there to differentiate players

(B) the eye colors should be ignored

© maybe the eye colors do NOT indicate identity but rather intent. For example, the zombies' eyes may turn yellow to indicate playfulness. Samantha was always playful. Richtofen is typically having ulterior motives. Perhaps, since Turned is his way of "kicking back", the zombies' eyes turn yellow to indicate a state of pure "fun"? Blue is when he is serious.

No. By definition if it only affected mood or style it would do NOTHING to abilities.

I just played a few games of Turned. I found that ALL of the players' eye colors changed THROUGHOUT the game. I had blue eyes to begin with. Then they turned yellow. Another guy had yellow. Then they turned blue. I don't know why.

No. By definition if it only affected mood or style it would do NOTHING to abilities.

I just played a few games of Turned. I found that ALL of the players' eye colors changed THROUGHOUT the game. I had blue eyes to begin with. Then they turned yellow. Another guy had yellow. Then they turned blue. I don't know why.

Losing players have orange eyes and the winning player has blue eyes.

Thank you SeaboundSlayer. I didn't know that. I checked myself, you are right. This is great. That inconsistency has been cleared up.

Btw, I stumbled upon a gross discovery. The zombies in Turned do not wear underwear.

EDIT: Added to P68. Here it was before:

P68.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman found parts to another NavCard Reader in the Great Leap Forward area. They built it just like they built the last one. They inserted the NavCard they found in Green Run into this NavCard Reader, and it accepted it. They found another NavCard in the hotel, but the Reader would not accept that one.

Here it is now:

P68.Misty, Marlton, Samuel, and Russman found parts to another NavCard Reader in the Great Leap Forward area. They built it just like they built the last one. They inserted the NavCard they found in Green Run into this NavCard Reader, and it accepted it. They found another NavCard in the hotel, but the Reader would not accept that one. Meanwhile, back at the Diner in the Green Run area, Richtofen decided to entertain himself. He had four zombies which had formerly been members of the CDC. He used his resurrection powers to bring them back to life as humans. However, he entertained himself by having them all fight to be human, and every time they died they became zombies again. It is not known what became of the last standing human.

Archived