A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

From my understanding Latchkey didn't occur around here though. So it doesn't surprise me that the road existed. The fact of the matter that the name of the road is Latchkey and a event occurs known as the Latchkey incident wouldn't surprise me. They could have the names picked out ahead of time like they do with Hurricanes. Just saying.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

From my understanding Latchkey didn't occur around here though. So it doesn't surprise me that the road existed. The fact of the matter that the name of the road is Latchkey and a event occurs known as the Latchkey incident wouldn't surprise me. They could have the names picked out ahead of time like they do with Hurricanes. Just saying.

That makes sense, good point.

Yeah... No. I'm not going to stop progress. I've done my research. In fact, I did it rather punctually this time. If you guys want to catch up, you know where I'll be. If you find contradictory evidence, you know where I'll be. In the meantime, I'm going to get back to work.

I made an animated video to try to better explain my logic:

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1359831280

The s in CDC is hardly noticeable. I didn't even notice. Nonetheless, that contradicts the other evidence of 1996. It could easily be explainable by the fact there's only one center left in this broken world. In Green Run, we had mentioned how it was a marvel they were still even operating at this time.

We already established only part of Area 51 had been overrun and contained.

EDIT: Btw, here's my transcripts of the Die Rise transmissions:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transmission 1: George Barkley

Attention to all on this channel. This is George Barkley, former assistant director of the CDC facility in Druid Hills, Georgia.

Prior to the destruction of our headquarters, our research found evidence that contaminants are now infecting the very air we breathe. As such, exposure of some sort appears inevitable for all survivors.

Symptoms are variable, but most subjects display short-term memory loss, psychosis, delusion, and paranoia. Short-term memory loss has also been reported, but as of yet, I've been unable to confirm this.

We advise all individuals to monitor their fellow survivors for all of the above symptoms, paranoia in particular.

Ask yourself, are those closest to you really who you think they are? Are they following their own secret agenda? Are they, perhaps, plotting against you?!

The dangers presented by such symptoms cannot be understated. It was with deep sadness that I myself was forced to euthanize fourteen members of my own team. My condolences to their families.

I hope this message serves as a warning to all survivors. We all must do whatever it takes to ensure our future as a species. Thank you.

Transmission 2: Young Girl

If there's anyone on air, please respond. I desperately need help. *crying* left me, and I'm alone. I *crying* help.

*crying* I'm trying to do it. To do it right, but the others. They want nothing.

This piece goes here! This piece goes there! I couldn't do it on my own! *crying*

I need help. I don't know what to do. That German man won't stop talking to me. And I don't know what to do. *crying* I don't know what to do. *crying*

Transmission 3: The Flesh

Science has failed us. He has abandoned us.

In this new world, we alone are your salvation. We alone can light the way.

Hear our words. Heed our call. There is but one path to enlightenment.

Just as they would consume us, we must consume them.

We are the living, and we are the dead. We are The Flesh. And The Flesh is us.

We will not starve. We will thrive.

Transmission 4: Saber10

Retcon5, this is Saber10. Our sweep failed to find any evidence of survivors on site. Broken Arrow is not viable for new FOB.

Uh, that's a negative, sir. Records appear to have been destroyed in a fire prior to the facility being overrun.

Sir, we believe staff may have been destroying evidence implicating them in the outbreak.

Understood, sir. Confirm drop in T minus five. Retreating to safe distance.

Transmission 5: Nevada Man

To anyone listening, we have food, water, and medical supplies, enough to last several years.

Yes. But it's not really new. This goes back to Maxis experiencing paranoia when working in Der Riese. I think it was a clever extrapolation of that. Just now it is affecting everyone. Whether there was 115 or not in those missiles, 115 is spreading across the planet. And I think this proves that zombies are also across the planet.

Also, 115 seems to be spreading like a virus. Not the same mechanisms, but basically the same, yes? 115 originally was only in meteors. But zombies act as incubators. When they are killed, they release much more 115 than what was used to make them, it seems. I don't know how that is scientifically possible... zombies capable of fusion? But whatever. Something at least similar to that is happening.

Well this is what I've been able to extract from these radios. The CDC center or another facility was working and experimenting on zombies. They screwed up and attempted to rid of evidence implicating them in the outbreak. They were overrun and now an airborne version of this zombie disease lives on.

So now this disease can either spread through the air or through bite. I'm assuming it can spread through bite because Marlton becomes extremely fearful of infection anytime a zombie hits him in Die Rise.

• Administrators

Infection from this is more than likely airborne just as you said, Mac. 115 can spread very easily and rather quickly, whether it's from meteorites impacting the Earth or just via zombies. MMX said it pretty well; the element acts accordingly to that of a virus, with the zombies being the main source of "release pods". This is further proven when playing Tranzit and Richtofen tells you to gain more 115 from killing of zombies. The more that are killed, the larger the amount of 115 is dispersed into the air.

Ah that is a very keen observation you have made there, Mr.Lithium. So I guess Stuhlinger may actually slowly be turning into one of them because he actually digested zombie flesh.

I don't think simply ingesting Zombie flesh turns you, let alone exposure to 115. Lets look at some facts:

-Teleportation: 115 is required and used.

-Wunder Weapons: Integrated with 115

-PaP'd Weapons: Modified by 115

-Killing Zombies: Releases 115 into the air

The list can go on, and on, but as we just sit and reflect we see that the O4 and N4 and anyone else in contact would have been turned by Element 115. This simply cannot be. I think we are getting away from the basics!!! Element 115 REANIMATES dead cells. Not takes over living ones turning them into Zombies! C'mon people, we're making facts up to suit theories!

Ingesting Zombie flesh is something that we know Richtofen to have done also, which magnified the voices in his head. Now Stulinger is hearing voices in HIS head, other than Richtofen's!

Now, if we want to theorize about how this condition is spreading, Maybe something can be thought along the lines that something is happening within Zombie carrion and 115 inside them, creating a strain of something different than an element that is floating through the air infecting normal people.

We're getting away from the basics a little too much.. Honestly, I love where this is going, but we can't deviate too far too fast with saying things are a certain way, when earlier in our story, they are factually different.

@Monopoly Mac: I don't think it was the CDC. But yes. However, the airborne-ness is not because of the facility. That has been around for a while now. Also, 115 has never spread through bites, and it still doesn't. Marlton's probably fearful because he always is, and he probably watched zombie movies as a kid.

@InfestLithium: Yes, how the 115 is multiplied makes no sense however. Unless maybe it must be used in very dense doses for Wonder Weapons or teleporters and very light doses for zombies.

@trevbo: You're right. These are not typical zombies. They're caused by 115, not a virus. Therefore the mechanics are off. Give 115 to a dead body and it becomes a zombie. Give 115 to a live body and it becomes mentally unstable. Also, Richtofen never ate zombie meat.

@trevbo: You're right. These are not typical zombies. They're caused by 115, not a virus. Therefore the mechanics are off. Give 115 to a dead body and it becomes a zombie. Give 115 to a live body and it becomes mentally unstable.

Agreed then? What we're dealing with now is slightly different than before. We just need to do research and find out

Also, Richtofen never ate zombie meat.

Not true. Here is In-Game dialogue said by Dr. Edward Richtofen throughout various maps:

Der Riese:

"So many body parts! I am in HEAVEN!!"— After gibbing a zombie

"Look at all the body parts. Someone get me a bag!"— After blowing up a group of zombies

Kino der Toten:

"I take your pain, I put my straw in it, *slurping noises* AND I DRINK IT UP!"— Upon getting a kill.

"Tiny little organ parts for everybody!"— Killing a zombie with explosives

"It's tearing my shins! Delicious!"— When attacked by a crawler.

"Yes, now their kidneys will be all MINE! But none for you, Dempsey!"— After buying a M14 off the wall.

Ascension:

"The insides of your head are delicious!"— After getting a headshot

Shi No Numa:

"I'll swallow your spleen raw!"— After killing a zombie monkey

Moon:

"Enough spleen for everyone! Wunderbar!"— When killing several Zombies with a frag grenade

"The... Doctor... is... almost... out... of... SPLEENS!"— When taking the P.E.S off outside

From the above, many of which I personally heard, and researched, we can summarize the idea that he has in fact ingested Zombie Flesh. I'm never one to tell people they are wrong, as many times I have myself been wrong, but I simply like the evidence to be brought out. The aforementioned quotes are my reasoning for thinking he ate Zombie Flesh.

Now, as for the airborne Element 115. Like we stated previous to this, it simply cannot be that element 115 is turning people into Zombies. As for some reaction going on inside Zombies, maybe something happens after a long period of time inside them that has the ability to turn people.

Unless you are talking about an airborne version of a metallic element that is floating around, reanimating the corpses of the dead all around the world. This I will buy, for much more than a dollar. The only questionable aspect is that of how would a metallic element become airborne.. It's just a little difficult to swallow that aspect, IMO.

I think this is going in a great direction.. Any other ideas?

I feel like whatever is presently infecting people and raising the dead isn't just plain 115 anymore but possibly a virus. One of the lines of the song "We all fall down" is "we used the helicase to bind the DNA to the CVX". It almost sounds like it's describing how the mystery scientists artifically created special viral DNA.

It sounds a more plausible idea than 115 sporadically multiplying in undead organisms.

Richtofen has a pain fetish. Nothing more. He is simply attracted to the zombies. He doesn't want to eat them. That's ridiculous. You have to take the characters' quotes with a grain of salt. That's always been a rule. Especially for Richtofen because of his eccentricity.

People don't turn into zombies. A corpse turns into a zombie.

Well, there's a metallic element that is liquid: mercury. Why not one that can be gaseous? And 115 is a strange one indeed.

Honestly, I think we've said all that can be said on this. Unless we were to do a summarization.

And songs should never be used as evidence. They should only be used to back evidence. Sorry Monopoly Mac, but unless we get evidence for that, I think it best to assume 115.

That's fair. But it is a fact that the 115 is affecting the air like it hasn't before. The contaminants are infecting the air. I don't think it's 115 vapor. For it to turn into vapor, would require some kind of temperature change in the Earth itself. At least that's whats required for most elements to change states.

@MMX: I can agree with your statement of taking in game voice with a grain of salt. Yet at the same time, it usually has something pertinent to do with the story. I solely based my statement with hard evidence.

On to the vaporous Element 115. I can agree that in order for a solid to turn into vapor, an extreme temperature change would have to occur. Perhaps one of the drastic state of say, a set of Nuclear Rockets, impacting the Earth?

MMX, E115 is indeed a strange element, and quite ranging in its effects. It wouldn't be so hard to think the extreme heats of the rockets hitting the earth caused E115 deposits across the globe to be sublimated, and therefore begin animating corpses around the world. That would make it an epidemic, seemingly disease-like in nature.

I love that this is a story, but I think we really need to focus on timeline here... That is somewhat of the bigger issue at hand.

I like that you are trying to get away from our initial idea that Green Run is '80's timeframe. But you're basing it on the fact that a sign in GLF says "Since 1996." Making the generalization that companies only put that after Decades of success, is simply untrue. my Brother's friend owns a homemade soda company, and it says "Since 2010," but we are not in the year 2030 in this very moment.

Also, previously in this thread regarding timeline, you made a statement saying that Richtofen wouldn't make a move through time along with location... That goes against every location move we have EVER made in this game... Just think of Call of the Dead, we jumped to present day, and then right back to mid 20th century... So it isn't hard to believe that it may only be very late 20th century, or early 21st century, circa 2000-2010 decade. I would say it is a little drastic to say it HAS to be 2030-2045 timeframe in GLF, and 2025 in NTZ and Moon. It simply doesn't fit. the NTZ map is NOT the blown up version of NT 2025, it is that of the BO1 NT multiplayer map.

Just saying if you say its this far in the future, then you run into huge questions of why so long of a wait? Because Maxis was waiting for decades, meaning 20+ years? that could simply be from '40's to 60's, or '60's to '80's to find a group that he could rely on in helping him foil Dr. Richtofen's plans.

I just think there are many other ways to put a linear timeline to this other than drastically and blindly saying that is has to be in 2035-2045. However, it is your thread, and your theory on how and when the storyline plays out, so feel free to think I'm an *ss and cast aside my thoughts. (Though I don't think thats your persona).

Please feel free to shred my ideas to pieces, just gives me reason to find alternate thinking. That's what I'm all about, alternate paths, new ways to think about things. Simply that, thoughts :idea:

@MMX: I can agree with your statement of taking in game voice with a grain of salt. Yet at the same time, it usually has something pertinent to do with the story. I solely based my statement with hard evidence.

On to the vaporous Element 115. I can agree that in order for a solid to turn into vapor, an extreme temperature change would have to occur. Perhaps one of the drastic state of say, a set of Nuclear Rockets, impacting the Earth?

MMX, E115 is indeed a strange element, and quite ranging in its effects. It wouldn't be so hard to think the extreme heats of the rockets hitting the earth caused E115 deposits across the globe to be sublimated, and therefore begin animating corpses around the world. That would make it an epidemic, seemingly disease-like in nature.

I love that this is a story, but I think we really need to focus on timeline here... That is somewhat of the bigger issue at hand.

I like that you are trying to get away from our initial idea that Green Run is '80's timeframe. But you're basing it on the fact that a sign in GLF says "Since 1996." Making the generalization that companies only put that after Decades of success, is simply untrue. my Brother's friend owns a homemade soda company, and it says "Since 2010," but we are not in the year 2030 in this very moment.

Also, previously in this thread regarding timeline, you made a statement saying that Richtofen wouldn't make a move through time along with location... That goes against every location move we have EVER made in this game... Just think of Call of the Dead, we jumped to present day, and then right back to mid 20th century... So it isn't hard to believe that it may only be very late 20th century, or early 21st century, circa 2000-2010 decade. I would say it is a little drastic to say it HAS to be 2030-2045 timeframe in GLF, and 2025 in NTZ and Moon. It simply doesn't fit. the NTZ map is NOT the blown up version of NT 2025, it is that of the BO1 NT multiplayer map.

Just saying if you say its this far in the future, then you run into huge questions of why so long of a wait? Because Maxis was waiting for decades, meaning 20+ years? that could simply be from '40's to 60's, or '60's to '80's to find a group that he could rely on in helping him foil Dr. Richtofen's plans.

I just think there are many other ways to put a linear timeline to this other than drastically and blindly saying that is has to be in 2035-2045. However, it is your thread, and your theory on how and when the storyline plays out, so feel free to think I'm an *ss and cast aside my thoughts. (Though I don't think thats your persona).

Please feel free to shred my ideas to pieces, just gives me reason to find alternate thinking. That's what I'm all about, alternate paths, new ways to think about things. Simply that, thoughts :idea:

Please get Nuketown 2025 out of here for now. The zombie storyline does not have anything to do with that map currently and it is based outside of reality. NTZ and Moon occur in or before 1963 this has been proven and we are not changing the date of that END OF STORY, NO MORE DISCUSSION ON THAT. Not that your yourself said it did just making a point to everyone.

As for MMX's stating about Green Run and Die Rise we didn't just use the poster to base the timeline. We used the fact that the Jin Mao Tower is in Die Rise and completed which wasn't finished until the late 1990s. And no MMX is correct that it is highly unlikely in regards to the time travel as in the maps that we have time traveled we were told that we had jumped thru time or we were given situations that made it a given (CotD is a given). This time is was a situation in which it was not given to us thus meaning it more than likely didn't occur. And FYI before you use Marlton as your proof might I add that I sound the same as I did when I was a young teenager and I am now in my late 20s.

Edit: edited as it was taking as if I directed that at trevbo but I actually hit the quote button by accident. 2nd edit was to write this out.

Please get Nuketown 2025 out of your head right now. The zombie storyline does not have anything to do with that map and it is based outside of reality. NTZ and Moon occur in or before 1963 this has been proven and we are not changing the date of that END OF STORY, NO MORE DISCUSSION ON THAT.

If you read my statement, I agreed with that. I said it is hard to believe that they are in the future, as MMX's animated timeline suggests.

As for MMX's stating about Green Run and Die Rise we didn't just use the poster to base the timeline. We used the fact that the Jin Mao Tower is in Die Rise and completed which wasn't finished until the late 1990s.

I know. I read PINNAZ's thread about the Jin Mao Tower being finished and opened on August 28th, 1998. Again, I agreed if you had read my post.

And no MMX is correct that it is highly unlikely in regards to the time travel as in the maps that we have time traveled we were told that we had jumped thru time or we were given situations that made it a given (CotD is a given). This time is was a situation in which it was not given to us thus meaning it more than likely didn't occur.

I do not think so. What you're saying is every time we had a map change, there was no time change? I know you've read the original post, you contributed. It lays it out IN THE OP that there were time changes almost EVERY time we teleported to a new map.

And FYI if your gonna use Marlton as your proof might I add that I sound the same as I did when I was a young teenager and I am now in my late 20s.

I was using Marlton as a reference to the timeline of NTZ and Moon being early '60's. Again, I was agreeing with what you are saying.

I would like to point out for all what I believe:

Moon/NTZ~1960-63

Green Run~1980's (because the buildings, busses, cars, semi trucks, and Marlton's calculator watch)

Great Leap Forward~early 2000-2010's (because of the Jin Mao Tower, the Posters, and some of the other various items around the map that point this direction)

Again, feel free to tear me up, I LOVE IT! :D Gets me to think differently.

That's fair. But it is a fact that the 115 is affecting the air like it hasn't before. The contaminants are infecting the air. I don't think it's 115 vapor. For it to turn into vapor, would require some kind of temperature change in the Earth itself. At least that's whats required for most elements to change states.

Um? No? Elements change states typically when they reach a certain temperature or pressure point. Mercury is a metallic liquid. 115 could be an element found commonly in a gaseous state.

But like I said, it is NOT affecting the air like it hasn't before. This has been around since Der Riese when Maxis was experiencing paranoia. The 115 is just a lot more widespread now.

Character quotes are by definition NOT hard evidence. Richtofen is a creep. That's all there is to it. Nothing you gave proves he consumed flesh, just that he is creepy.

Like I said, 115 has always been capable of doing this.

It's not a generalization. Companies typically do that. I was tempted to go to the grocery store and just read off brand titles and their dates, but to be honest, I thought it was disgraceful to have to go do that. Btw, Zelkova said there's a law requiring a minimum of 10 years. Most companies however wait several decades or even centuries.

Please don't construe my words into saying things I did not say. In the solo custscene, you can SEE them move spatially. The idea that there would be an additional temporal movement that we couldn't see is unlikely.

Maxis said he was looking for survivors. That's since the world blew up, i.e. 2045. "This far in the future". Bah! It's not far when you consider that the world's basically ended. When you imagine 2045, you might think of floating cars. Here, I think of a zombie infestation.

I'm not blindly doing anything. I have evidence. And I WILL enact upon unless given better evidence. And the statement of "just wait 'til we find more stuff" WILL NOT cut it for me. If you really want to stop this change, you better find contradictory evidence fast, because progress is going forward.

Lately, people have had the luxury unanimity. That wasn't always the case. In fact, in the development of this story, at times it was impossible to get everyone to agree. So judgement calls had to be made. This is no different from then.

Please get Nuketown 2025 out of here for now. The zombie storyline does not have anything to do with that map currently and it is based outside of reality. NTZ and Moon occur in or before 1963 this has been proven and we are not changing the date of that END OF STORY, NO MORE DISCUSSION ON THAT. Not that your yourself said it did just making a point to everyone.

Agreed on Nuketown 2025. That map makes no sense whatsoever. However, you may want to discuss the timeline of Nuketown and Moon NOT being in the '60's. Because I plan on changing it; you may want to get all the discussion out of it that you can before I do.

As for MMX's stating about Green Run and Die Rise we didn't just use the poster to base the timeline. We used the fact that the Jin Mao Tower is in Die Rise and completed which wasn't finished until the late 1990s. And no MMX is correct that it is highly unlikely in regards to the time travel as in the maps that we have time traveled we were told that we had jumped thru time or we were given situations that made it a given (CotD is a given). This time is was a situation in which it was not given to us thus meaning it more than likely didn't occur. And FYI before you use Marlton as your proof might I add that I sound the same as I did when I was a young teenager and I am now in my late 20s.

Exactly. Some people change their voice from their late teens to their 20's or 30's, but not all do.

If you read my statement, I agreed with that. I said it is hard to believe that they are in the future, as MMX's animated timeline suggests.

Zelkova was referring to the map called that.

I know. I read PINNAZ's thread about the Jin Mao Tower being finished and opened on August 28th, 1998. Again, I agreed if you had read my post.

No. You do NOT understand. Let me just "pretend" that companies advertise 1996 in 1997. Then that means Nuketown happened in 1997! No matter what we HAVE to radically change the storyline. But it makes more sense for it to be the future rather than the late '90's.

I do not think so. What you're saying is every time we had a map change, there was no time change? I know you've read the original post, you contributed. It lays it out IN THE OP that there were time changes almost EVERY time we teleported to a new map.

Time changes were something sole to Black Ops. World at War didn't have them. Black Ops II doesn't have them.

I was using Marlton as a reference to the timeline of NTZ and Moon being early '60's. Again, I was agreeing with what you are saying.

He was disagreeing. What he says supports the 20 year gap between Nuketown and Green Run.

It is ridiculous to think that the Jin Mao Tower was constructed in the middle of the zombie apocalypse! Especially when because of the 115 everyone was killing each other!

EDIT: We already have proved the nukes hit four decades later than what we thought. I say to just make it six decades to explain the futuristic stuff and eliminate confusion with the campaign. Is that really that far fetched? Btw, No. It is not.

• Administrators

Btw, Zelkova said there's a law requiring a minimum of 10 years. Most companies however wait several decades or even centuries.

I would like to see the evidence for this, please.

In regards to the live person getting 115, I thought we had once agreed that an excess would turn a person, based on this note:

"...powerful side effects of using 115. The power is undeniable, but who can use such weapons without themselves turning..."

• Administrators

I've given examples. Is that not enough?

And no, we NEVER agreed on that. NEVER. I would NEVER agree to that.

"without themselves turning insane"

Lol how could it be? You reiterated that there was a law, you can't prove that by giving examples. You can prove it by showing me the law.

Archived