A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

Thank you. :) I am too.

Three updates guys:

1. I plan on reviewing the DS game for possible story relevance.

2. I am also revisiting the Maxis A.I., but I will postpone until Die Rise is released... just in case.

3. I met a girl who speaks fluent Russian. I convinced her to listen to Ascension Radio 3 in an attempt to identify the unknown Russian word in the first sentence. She said that she did know what that was, but it was definitely not a Russian word. So, still identified, but not Russian.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could it be German then?? German, Russian, and Chinese (other than english) seem to be the only languages that would make sense to ever appear as those nations are really the only ones who contributed Scientists to this that we know of as of now.

FYI: I somehow managed to get under Tranzit in Theater mode (wasn't trying to) but I while underneath the town I looked in the direction of the bus depot and I saw what looked like a moon. I took a pic of it also on xbox. Also took a pic showing my camera outside of the map at right behind the power station.

hey guys, great thread, and some great debate, i have researched a fair amount into the zombie storyline but i'm still filling in gaps after this. I have a few questions, one of which though (and sorry if this has already been asked but theres 54 pages to this thread) is what do you think the little capsules are holding and why? these capsules are the ones underground in shangri la and on the stage in kino. personally think they're captured vrill-ya but what are your thoughts?

Thank you. And feel free to ask any questions. I don't expect everyone to have read all those pages :P

I say that there are capsules storying zombies. Richtofen himself says that they were storying the zombies until they could figure out how to control them. Kino der Toten was used for many zombie tests, trying to control them, which would explain why they were there. Shangri-La was once a 935 base. In fact, in Kino, you can see all those capsules and ONE of them is toppled over, open. That may have been how the outbreak at Kino began.

But wouldn't you say that the capsules would be too small for zombies? If I remember rightly they're about waist height. Also from looking through the little windows they look almost human, but not quite, so that would fit the bill for vrill-ya as they are ancient humans or a slightly different race of human i believe. I don't know if i read it somewhere or just imagined it but when i think of the vrill-ya i think of them as being much smaller than normal humans. Anyway this theory would explain why they are in Shangri La as I'm a believer in the whole hollow earth, entrance to Agartha being in Shangri La. Granted it seems a little strange for them to be at Kino and your explanation of them being stored there makes more sense for that but i dunno, I really don't see them being zombies. Also they would have stored zombies at Verrukt would they not? But you don't see any of those casings..

I know I had more questions but can't think of much of them now, one of them though, bit random but what do you make of all those weird skulls in the hunters cabin in tranzit, there's loads, they kind of look monkey shaped or even the vrill heads(assuming that is vrill in the casings).

Just remembered one thing, probably already mentioned, but there was discussion into the 'alien' skull at shangri la on the alter type thing way back near the start of this thread.. It may well be alien but within ancient cultures people of power use to purposefully stretch their skulls/foreheads as a sign of being superior/special/god like, and they do look like that skull in SL. So the skull could just be an ancient king or something.

Remember fetal position? Both you and I could fit in those containers. Btw, Vril-Ya, at least originally, were much taller than us. However, it's been so long that it is possible they have changed physiologically. Verruckt was the FIRST place to get overrun. So it is not surprising that you don't find any capsules there. Such faulty containment procedures is what led to Verruckt's downfall.

Well they are probably Denizen skulls. Vril-Ya skulls look very different; we have seen one in Shangri-La. The Denizens are amalgamations of different creatures. So them having skulls that resemble monkeys is not too far-fetched.

That skull is probably a Vril-Ya skull. People only elongated their skulls in that fashion to mimic these guys. Since Shangri-La was once a home for the Vril-Ya, it only fits for there to be one skull, the only physical remains we have seen of them, since they are long gone from that place.

About those capsules, I like to think that those were failed GKNOVA6 Experiments that also got infused with E115 creating our beloved "Nova 6 crawlers" They are about the same size and to me this is what makes the most sense in explaining the capsules and the Nova 6 Zombies being at Kino.

@Zelkova: Try to add me on Xbox. I had a similar experience. I went under the map by accident on Town Survival and the environment around it was very very strange. After you got through the forest of floating trees you could find a seemingly playable cliff.

@VileSnipes: But Gas Zombies have no eyes. The zombies in the capsules have eyes.

@Zelkova: Try to add me on Xbox. I had a similar experience. I went under the map by accident on Town Survival and the environment around it was very very strange. After you got through the forest of floating trees you could find a seemingly playable cliff.

@VileSnipes: But Gas Zombies have no eyes. The zombies in the capsules have eyes.

I will add you now if you want but allow me to make room.

• Administrators

So... is Russman dead?

What makes you think that? Keep in mind I have yet to watch any trailers, gameplay, or read anything. All I know is that the map is called Die Rise, and then something about china.

• Administrators

Oh... well... I don't want to ruin anything for you...

I smell a dare coming on.

I haven't purchased the DLC package yet, but the trailer shows Russman clearly in it. I'm assuming that isn't the case in-game...? If so, that means someone else would've had to replace him. Or at least Russman is "dying" while you're playing Die Rise.

Ah, I need to get out of work asap!

So... is Russman dead?

YPW2Gbg1RcM

Yeah man, that confused me too. After watching it a few times, I think I might have made some sense of it.

@ 0:30 crew is teleported from US location to start room of Die Rise (Russman is present)

@ 1:00 Russman gets taken out by a zombie.

@ 1:23 Richtofen: "Accept your Fate. Begin Anew"

@ 1:30 Misty: "We're going down; We're going down fighting. AAHHHH!". The remaining three are swarmed by zombies.

(fade to black)

@ 1:35 All Four heroes are teleported back to the start area of Die Rise. Stuhlinger: "Have we been here before?"

RECAP:

I'm guessing that the crew failed, so Richtofen has timewarped them all back to the start of the map. Maybe the crew is cursed by Richtofen to live in a "Groundhogs Day" scenario over and over until they accomplish the task he has set for them. If they fail the mission he has for them, then he time travels them back to the start point to try again.

In layman's terms, the crew hit a 'Gameover' point, and so Richtofen hit the 'Restart' button for them.

- Mix

**UPDATE** I posted this before seeing your thread about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=28146

Feels redundant now

Don't feel so bad MixMasterNut. You're one of the big theorists, and I'm humbled to have you post on my thread. And it's great you saw stuff similarly to me. I don't know whether the "Groundhog Day" scenario is a result of time travel, Aether, or a combination of the two though. Really if it were time travel, they shouldn't have deja vu, but lots of media pull that anyway, so... yeah.

Archived