A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tac: Okay then. That's interesting; thanks. Although I think there's really nothing else we can say for now, what you've said covers it I think: speculation of some strange involvement but exact cause unclear.

@INeedVodka115: That is correct, although '60's would be more accurate. It is one of the reasons why we think Black Ops II Zombies takes place in the '60's and '80's.

@Tac: Okay then. That's interesting; thanks. Although I think there's really nothing else we can say for now, what you've said covers it I think: speculation of some strange involvement but exact cause unclear.

@INeedVodka115: That is correct, although '60's would be more accurate. It is one of the reasons why we think Black Ops II Zombies takes place in the '60's and '80's.

Ah, okay. I would love to see a restoration done to tranzit, maybe a day version? I just don't like the overall look of it, so dark and gloomy and colorless. Really makes me not like it as much as I would if it had daytime. That's why I like Nuketown sorta more then the other maps, just the overall look makes it a greater experience for me.

@INeedVodka: Perhaps, but what we've got is what we've got.

@Lenne: Well I think it is safe to say that all the shady operations were undertaken by both the United States and Soviet Union secretly working together. (How else would the Soviets get SO involved on US soil?) So I think that the Power area was the hub of operations.

So "who?" Well, all we can say is some secretive USA/USSR joint operation. Anything more specific... unknown.

• Administrators

@Lenne: Well I think it is safe to say that all the shady operations were undertaken by both the United States and Soviet Union secretly working together. (How else would the Soviets get SO involved on US soil?) So I think that the Power area was the hub of operations.

So "who?" Well, all we can say is some secretive USA/USSR joint operation. Anything more specific... unknown.

I always assumed that the US took material from the USSR just like they did from Kino der Toten and in Five? During the time period (whether late 60s or 80s), I'm pretty sure there was still great tension between the two powers considering this is Cold War era. I'm not arguing that a joint operation is improbable, but what I can't wrap my head around is as to why they power team up with one another.

The power bunker had to be some kind of testing facility. If they were using Avogadro has a source of power, for what reason in particular did the US want to create this experiment for? Maybe to create yet another weapon of some sort? The PaP room has loads of crates, yet the same structure as the bunker. This seems more like a storage room, however.

• Administrators

I always assumed that the US took material from the USSR just like they did from Kino der Toten and in Five? During the time period (whether late 60s or 80s), I'm pretty sure there was still great tension between the two powers considering this is Cold War era. I'm not arguing that a joint operation is improbable, but what I can't wrap my head around is as to why they power team up with one another.

The power bunker had to be some kind of testing facility. If they were using Avogadro has a source of power, for what reason in particular did the US want to create this experiment for? Maybe to create yet another weapon of some sort? The PaP room has loads of crates, yet the same structure as the bunker. This seems more like a storage room, however.

Well... I have yet to make a decision yet on what I think for not only Green Run, but Kino and FIVE. I dislike the idea that they had stolen things, I'm more on the idea that perhaps when they met up at the massacre at Der Riese, something may have been worked out. I mean the Russians originally won the battle but the terminal shows Oppenheimer trying to go through Maxis' database, so maybe they sent it? I don't know.

The US never took material from the Soviet Union. They always had to reverse engineer. That's why the Thundergun in "Five" was being rebuilt, otherwise they would've just had an intact one. For the most part, they just both took things from the divided Germany. Tac made a good point about the USA and USSR working together. They did historically work together when it was in their interest to do so. They were rivals, yes, quite so, but they as the two world powers did work together occasionally.

I don't think "Him" was a source of a power. If he was, then his escape would've prevented the power from working properly. I don't think we will know exactly why he was created, either for now, or perhaps forever. Point in case, we still don't know the exact cause of the Pentagon Thief, just estimations.

@Tac: I think it is just simply that the USA and USSR got a hold of different 935 facilities. As for those Maxis files, the USA got them from their CIA asset in the USSR.

• Administrators

The US never took material from the Soviet Union. They always had to reverse engineer. That's why the Thundergun in "Five" was being rebuilt, otherwise they would've just had an intact one. For the most part, they just both took things from the divided Germany. Tac made a good point about the USA and USSR working together. They did historically work together when it was in their interest to do so. They were rivals, yes, quite so, but they as the two world powers did work together occasionally.

US still took the blueprints and/or retrieved them in a way that certainly was not handed to them. Or at least that's how the speculation went when everyone had this weird fetish with Kino somewhere early this year. :P

Either way, then if the US can reverse engineer a Thundergun, I'm sure they would be capable of something on a larger scale with the Russians.

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=25665&start=30

Half-ways down the page, we discuss the crates that are found in the PaP hallway. We can't verify if the CCCP mentioned is regarding the Russians, or if it's meant to be something else. The letters on the other side of the crate are in English characters, so that may dismantle that theory then. But if this does turn out to be Soviet Union-related, then...woohoohoo we got ourselves some explaining to do.

Like InfestLithium stated:

I understand the implications that the Soviets and the Americans were working together, but it completely baffles me why they would, especially given the time range here. They were bitter rivals in the 60's when it came to things like the Space Race and Nuclear Arms. You would assume that they wouldn't work together, especially with nuclear power. We know that in the events leading up to Ascension, they we're competing against each other in the space race and were rivals leading up to Ascension. So they were rivals up to 1963 when Ascension occurs, but what has changed since then?

What baffles me more is why there is Russian writing on the gas pumps near the diner. I could see why there'd be Russian material in the PaP lab, but why the gas station?

• Administrators

Half-ways down the page, we discuss the crates that are found in the PaP hallway. We can't verify if the CCCP mentioned is regarding the Russians, or if it's meant to be something else. The letters on the other side of the crate are in English characters, so that may dismantle that theory then. But if this does turn out to be Soviet Union-related, then...woohoohoo we got ourselves some explaining to do.

Due to the quality mark on the side, that CCCP definitely refers to the USSR/Russians.

I understand the implications that the Soviets and the Americans were working together, but it completely baffles me why they would, especially given the time range here. They were bitter rivals in the 60's when it came to things like the Space Race and Nuclear Arms. You would assume that they wouldn't work together, especially with nuclear power. We know that in the events leading up to Ascension, they we're competing against each other in the space race and were rivals leading up to Ascension. So they were rivals up to 1963 when Ascension occurs, but what has changed since then?

Well I mean Ascension is height of the Cold War, it was just after the Cuban Missile Crisis and tensions were so damn high, as I know you know. But we're talking over 20 years later, when the Cold War was active just because it had been for so long. I mean at the end of the Soviet Union, in 1991, everything seized that was related to them and they changed basically (from my understanding). I would argue that they had been literally just waiting for this to happen and their secret operations were doing more of what they pleased.

I still am sticking to my theory that the Avogadro was one of the many test subjects they stated they were working with and that the Generator he was in was his holding pen. The fact that the power is out could've been due to the power lines having all fallen over (as we all saw several electrical towers have fallen over). Upon his release, the Avogadro generates enough electricity to power everything (which is entirely believable as he himself possesses enough power to cause storms).

Actually, I might be wrong. I looked it up and it seems that only beginning in the '80's did they get along at all. So if Nuketown and Moon happened in the '60's, it is quite unlikely that they worked together. Green Run is in the '80's only because 20 years have passed since when it was active (before the missiles). Thus they can't, or rather shouldn't, have been working together.

So were they working together despite the unlikelihood or.... well what's the alternative? I suppose it could've been a Soviet infiltration of the American nuclear program, but I'm surprised they could've gone that deep into US soil undercover. I guess it's possible [black Ops 1 campaign reference].

@Zelkova: "Him" is not natural. He is artificial, and thus created by someone. And the generator is holding him, so you are not wrong. Although your last sentence is false. If it were true, then you would need him to re-power the machine if you turned the Power off and then back on.

• Administrators

Actually, I might be wrong. I looked it up and it seems that only beginning in the '80's did they get along at all. So if Nuketown and Moon happened in the '60's, it is quite unlikely that they worked together. Green Run is in the '80's only because 20 years have passed since when it was active (before the missiles). Thus they can't, or rather shouldn't, have been working together.

I don't get it. You said they began working together in the 80's and that Green Run is in the 80's, yet it's unlikely they worked together.

I don't get it. You said they began working together in the 80's and that Green Run is in the 80's, yet it's unlikely they worked together.

No. Green Run was in the '60's. Then the world got nuked. 20 years later we fight zombies there. NOW it's the '80's, but not when the Americans/Soviets were there.

So were they working together despite the unlikelihood or.... well what's the alternative? I suppose it could've been a Soviet infiltration of the American nuclear program, but I'm surprised they could've gone that deep into US soil undercover. I guess it's possible [black Ops 1 campaign reference].

@Zelkova: "Him" is not natural. He is artificial, and thus created by someone. And the generator is holding him, so you are not wrong. Although your last sentence is false. If it were true, then you would need him to re-power the machine if you turned the Power off and then back on.

Who said though "he" had to be powering the machine directly? His lightning could hit a down power line or say the tower that is after the downed tower with a bolt of lightning (example here), by doing that he would be able to bypass the portion where the power was cut and manage to supply it. I think your interpreting what I was saying as him being in there powers the Generator. I merely meant the lightning he creates by merely being free could generate electricity.

Going by this theory it also means a showing of him leaving the generator wouldn't be necessary at all. The generator core would simply need to be turned on and off by you is all.

I'd also like to ask where we are getting the number 20 years later? Maxis merely says decades and yet your assuming then that it means 20. In truth it could be 30 for all we know. 20 years is merely the minimum. Your forgetting that we are not to assume something like that unless it actually states it.

He's not powering the machine at all. To go on about a "what if" scenario is trying to make a fact to fit the theory, when it should be the other way around.

He was in the machine. He was related to the Power in some fashion, but he does not power the machine. Once released, he leaves all relation to the machine in favor of the lightning storms around, which are due to him.

Maxis said he was searching for survivors for decades, which is a minimum of 20 years. I know, it could be more. But minimum 20. And since Marlton was at Nuketown, it is very likely to not be much more than 20 years, lest he be a baby at the time...

Understood I just think there might be something more there is all :/

As for Nuketown I cannot go much in discussions and theories regarding it as they still havent announced on what day in December Season Pass holders get it. They just merely state December 2012.

Edit: BTW I swear they better not be planning to release it on Christmas (which happens to be a Tuesday which is when new DLC's are launched) because I will not be happy.

Understood I just think there might be something more there is all :/

As for Nuketown I cannot go much in discussions and theories regarding it as they still havent announced on what day in December Season Pass holders get it. They just merely state December 2012.

Edit: BTW I swear they better not be planning to release it on Christmas (which happens to be a Tuesday which is when new DLC's are launched) because I will not be happy.

Well you can still know stuff about it, even if you haven't played it. Although I perfectly understand if you don't want to spoil it.

Not exactly what your after, but there might be something in this?

Atomic Spies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_spies

"Atomic spies" and "Atom spies" are terms that refer to various people in the United States, Great Britain, and Canada who are thought to have illicitly given information about nuclear weapons production or design to the Soviet Union during World War II and the early Cold War.

The missing element that explains the great leaps in the Soviets Union’s atomic program is the espionage information and technical data Moscow was able to obtain from the Manhattan Project. Upon the realization of the American plans to develop an atomic bomb during the 1930s, Moscow began actively seeking agents to get information. Moscow was very specific in asking for information from their intelligence cells in America and demanded updates on the progress of the allied project. Moscow was also greatly concerned with the procedures being used for U-235 separation, what method of detonation was being used, and what industrial equipment was being used for these techniques.

To obtain this information from the Manhattan Project, the Soviet Union needed spies that, first of all, had security clearance high enough to have access to classified information, and secondly, could understand and interpret what they were stealing. Moscow also needed reliable spies who believed in the communist cause and would provide accurate information. One such Soviet spy was Theodore Hall, who had been a developer on the bombs dropped in Japan. Hall gave up the specifications of the bomb dropped on Nagasaki. This information allowed the Soviet scientists a firsthand look at the successful set up of an atomic weapon built by the Allied team.

Although Hall’s information was helpful to the cause, the most influential of the atomic spies was Klaus Fuchs. Klaus was a German-born British physicist who was sent to America to work on the atomic project where he became one of the lead scientists. Klaus became a member of the Communist Party while he was still a student in Germany. At the onset of World War II, Klaus fled to Great Britain to escape the fighting, where he became one of the lead nuclear physicists in the British program and was later sent to collaborate on the Manhattan Project.

Also see - Venona project

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VENONA

==========================

What I can't understand is, if our storyline is taking place in the 1980's, why is it that we are even in Hanford? The Green Run 'release' Occured in 1949?

Is it just referencing that there are radioactive fission products in the air?

Green Run

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Run

The "Green Run" was a secret U.S. Government release of radioactive fission products on December 2–3, 1949, at the Hanford Site plutonium production facility. Radioisotopes released at that time were supposed to be detected by U.S. Air Force reconnaissance. Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to the U.S. Government have revealed some of the details of the experiment. Sources cite 5,500 to 12,000 curies (200 to 440 TBq) of iodine-131 released, and an even greater amount of Xenon-133. The radiation was distributed over populated areas, and caused the cessation of intentional radioactive releases at Hanford until 1962 when more experiments commenced.

There are some indications contained in the documents released by the FOIA requests that many other tests were conducted in the 1940s prior to the Green Run, although the Green Run was a particularly large test. Evidence suggest that filters to remove the iodine were disabled during the Green Run.

The project gets its name from the processing of uranium at Hanford. Due to the higher radioactivity involved, batch processing waited 83 to 101 days to allow the radioactive isotopes to decay. For the Green Run test, a batch was run with only a 16 day cooling period. The unfiltered exhaust from the production facility was therefore much more radioactive than during a normal batch.

Thanks PINNAZ. The information is helpful. As for your question:

The EPA had not been created yet. As a result, there might've been a lot of leftover radioactive materials there or something. However, I think that the US was still doing things there. For example, in real life, HAARP was established in 1990. However, in the Zombies storyline, HAARP was established during WWII and only publicly known to exist in 1990.

EDIT: So I think it is safe to say that the USA was NOT working with the USSR, and that the coverups in Green Run were by two different groups.

As we always say the zombie storyline should not be completely related to real life. As in E115 wasn't discovered until 2004?

Also regarding the in game HAARP & Death Ray document, those documents are FBI files on Nikola Tesla. The one that has 'Death Ray' is dated 9th of January 1943 (2 days after Tesla's death) this one mentions that he had perfect such type of a device & that the soviets had acquired his research & the other is dated 20th of April 1976 stating that there is great concern that 'Ball lightning" is of a major fear after research was conducted.

Check the Tesla thread in my sig under the HAARP section for all the documents.

See 'Project Sanguine'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Sanguine

It states that project sanguine was proposed in 1968, but I've got a document that says it was way before this date ( I can't find it)

Also see the think tank 'JASON'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JASON_Defense_Advisory_Group

Sorry this is all abit off topic, but everything we've mentioned has to do with the soviets aquiring this technology.

Well, one could say 115 was only revealed to the public to be successfully synthesized by private scientists in 2004.

The stuff about Tesla and the HAARP is interesting, but I really just don't know what to say in response to it, hence my delay in responding. : /

Btw, can anyone tell me where those Soviet quality production seals were found? Below the bank? In the farm? Where?

Archived