A Zombie Trilogy v.III [NOW IN VIDEO]

The major evidence that Ascension takes place at the same time as "Five" is that you can find red telephones just like in "Five" in Ascension with "Five"'s characters on the other end of the line. It's not major, but it is the best thing that we have.

Hey. I was trying to think of why Kino would still be standing. The only solution I thought of was that Kino der Toten is where the United States got a lot of its reverse engineered technology. Since there was so much technology there, why would they tear it down? They might leave it standing. And since then Zombies overran they place.

EDIT: Yes, it is on the loading screen.

Well, Richtofen showed in Call of the Dead that he is not perfect with the Pocket version, if we assume he used it there as well. Maybe they appeared far away enough to where they had to hitch a ride onto a Lunar Lander to gain access. I know there's a lot of if's but I think it makes the Kino > Ascension thing fit.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I personally am split on the time of FIVE and Ascension. We know that they could be at the same time, and we know they may not be. The phones may be recordings since they are activated at specific times in the Easter Egg, or they may just be phone calls.

As for proving CoTD is Nazi not Russian, Romero speaks about finding old Nazi documents there I think, that is my only justification. Not to mention there is the teleporter, as I believe it is not a Pocket version.

No, that's not true at all. Two things happening simultaneously is not impossible. It is coincidence if there is no bias. It is a statistical probability if there is. If you question is why and isn't directed to a particular person, we could have a huge philosophical debate. Why? Why Nazis? Why must there be Vril-Ya? Why did the Moon have to be the last map? Many large "why" questions can't be answered. Why did they take place at the same time? Well, why not? It's logical and plausible. After all, there were two sets of characters at the same time, just like in Call of the Dead.

Oh, and the telephones ring once per game each.

No, that's not true at all. Two things happening simultaneously is not impossible. It is coincidence if there is no bias. It is a statistical probability if there is. If you question is why and isn't directed to a particular person, we could have a huge philosophical debate. Why? Why Nazis? Why must there be Vril-Ya? Why did the Moon have to be the last map? Many large "why" questions can't be answered. Why did they take place at the same time? Well, why not? It's logical and plausible. After all, there were two sets of characters at the same time, just like in Call of the Dead.

Oh, and the telephones ring once per game each.

The improbability that they take place at the exact same time is exactly it. It just doesn't make sense. Not to mention we don't have a record if they even traveled back. I suppose its our only evidence, but... I just have a gut feeling that they aren't at the same time. Also, the other things that you mentioned, why Nazis, etc... Why did you even bring that up? It's just because they happened. Those don't even have to do with anything.

But thanks for the info about the phones. I wasn't sure.

The why questions were analogies.

Actually, the Moon loading screen clearly shows a "Pocket Teleporter". This could be how they travel from map to map without there being a visible Teleporter.

And the probability is only extremely unlikely if there is no bias, but there is. "Five" and Ascension have a lot to do with one another. Both were opposite ends of the spectrum of the world. Both the USA and the USSR had reverse engineered German weaponry. It makes sense that they would be at the same time. If you are going on the probability that they ended up in the exact same time in the entire spectrum of time in the universe, you'd get an infinitesmal number. If you go on the same thing for human history, still small. If you narrow it to modern history, its about .0005. Still small. But if you narrow... and so forth. This keeps up until you get to the reason why these two outbreaks are so alike, and you get a fairly likely probability. And remember, this isn't random. Richtofen chooses.

• Administrators

I likewise have a gut feeling that they are not at the same time, but one thing is confirmed. Ascension is either during or after FIVE, based on the phone calls. They cannot make phone calls into the past, that's impossible. Here is an excerpt from this thread I just made.

Here is a hint as to the fact that Ascension and FIVE are during the same time. The FIVE opening cutscene shows a clock in the back that says 12:00 for Moscow, Russia. Using a simple world clock, FIVE would be either at 3AM or 3PM. If you believe that Ascension is during FIVE, then FIVE takes place at 3PM because it would be midnight in Ascension. There is a clock in Ascension that reads 12:00, and it is believed that Ascension takes place at Baikonur. Baikonur is in the same time zone as Moscow, so that leads me to believe they are at the same time.

Five and Ascension are at the same time, the phones are very clear proof. There are red phones you hit on Five for an easter egg.

There are red phones on Ascension that when you hit they play quotes from the characters at Five. It's very clear they're implying them to be the same.

improbability means nothing, this isn't the real world after all.

Lol, it's fine. I'm enjoying having this many people debate. The only way to get the best storyline is to have opposing parties fight it out. That's the essentials of capitalism. It is kinda like politics. Naturally, there will be disagreements that we can't solve, but fortunately there are some that we can prove one way or the other, at least to a degree.

Lol, it's fine. I'm enjoying having this many people debate. The only way to get the best storyline is to have opposing parties fight it out. That's the essentials of capitalism. It is kinda like politics. Naturally, there will be disagreements that we can't solve, but fortunately there are some that we can prove one way or the other, at least to a degree.

Yes, the beauty of the zombies storyline. Almost everything about it we have to infer and put together from their hints, nothing is handed to us but the terminal files and radios, and still those must be VERY carefully analyzed. And it leaves so much to be interpreted in different ways it results in awesome theories and debates. Reminds of my baseball fanatic days debating who's the better player.

• Administrators

Thoughts regarding Thundergun:

I cannot tell if it was something added last second or if they are just really throwing us for a damn loop. If it was last second it explains the DG-3 quotes, but eh.

The biggest thing we fail to remember is that we are talking about the time they are there in the story, not when we play there. I hear it all the time with the technology on the Moon, people need to remember that just because the technology is old doesn't mean that we are there years in the past, it means the place was abandoned. What I am getting at is that when the story takes place, Germany hadn't invaded Russia yet so I personally believe that there was a Russian inside 935 and they made Mk I. So while it is odd that there is a Nazi building there in West Germany, remember that the place is abandoned and it wasn't West Germany then, it was just Germany.

I believe that after World War II ended, like you suggest, the Russian 935 member took the blueprints and defected to the Soviet Union. The Ascension Group may have put it off, or took a while to rebuild it or whatever. Regardless, when these Ascension radios take place, between 1959 and 1962, they had almost finished it.

The issue with having an Mk I and an Mk II is that they are not different at all. In the fourth Ascension radio, it reads as followed:

Finally, Project Thunder is nearing completion. My staff has assured me that the remaining limitations of the effective range and power cells will be solved within the next few months.

This would imply that it would be different than its Mk I counterpart, yet they are identical. This leads me to confusion as to why there is a Thundergun in Kino if the one in Ascension is supposedly different. Hell, maybe they mean the the Pack-A-Punched version since the PAPd version does increase range and radius, but there was a PAP version in Kino so I am stumped.

Thoughts regarding Pocket Teleporter:

This might be me being stubborn, or who knows, but I have never liked the idea of a Pocket Teleporter, it just seems like to easy of an out. Maybe I am looking to hard, but that is just my thoughts. While I agree it is a useful explanation, I almost feel it is too useful if that makes sense. The only reason I don't think the CoTD teleporter is a Pocket version is because there is a lot of racket going on, which I think better suits the larger version of the teleporter.

History of the Perks:

The original four perks were created by the team at Verruckt in my opinion. I have never been able to take all this "reverse engineering the perks" that seriously, but I will do what I can.

So they create the original four perks in an attempt to make supersoldiers, to give them abilities that no other army could fight. After the war ended, the Russian 935 member split to join the Ascension Group where he brought some of the bottles (or something) and they began to reverse engineer them. The Americans did the same when they took over West Germany. They found the building and took what they could to reverse engineer it back home. It turns out that when the Nazi's had control of Call of the Dead, they made a machine out of scraps (why some think it looks less professional) and attempted to improve the aim. While on the Moon, the team up there created Mule Kick after finishing the Wave Gun.

I do not believe you should incorporate the fact that it was added to all maps because that is simply unexplainable.

Wow:

I can't believe I wrote all that haha, I hope you appreciate it :D

I cant get my head around the pocket teleporter although its possible it could have been built and then shrunk

But if this was done by edward he would have to have the shrink ray tech

I maybe wrong but i was under the impression that the perks where more to aid a human in a unatural enviroment

It also could be for handlers or supersoldiers

The perk machines on veruckt are wired to the beam transport ring around the map

You can admin a drug with this type of current

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iontophoresis

Electroshock therapy chemically engineered beverages

There seems alot of intel to innerspace/space travel manned v2 jet planes etc

This could be a reason why they would want to admin a drug this way

Also the holding containers on the COTD ship have electrodes by the head if the zombies are in a suspended state, a jolt of QR could wake them up

Being a zombie maybe the perk couldnt be administered by conventional means like an injection

I don't think so. That one has a cylindrical body, while the one in the game is spherical.

I know sorry didnt explain my confusion :D

The Fernsehturm Berlin was supposed to be modeled on the Stuttgart but it looks nothing like it as you mention

Now it could just mean the structure but i am not sure

But i would of thought the Stuttgart would have been round being in the late 50's

But it has the look of 70's 80's

Was it round once and the platforms remodeled at a later date

http://en.structurae.de/structures/data ... d=s0000071

Stuttgart

Chronology

10 January 1954

Laying of foundation stone.

Renovation of platform structures.

Edit

This line of investigation was more to reinforce the Fernsehturm location and discount the Stuttgart as unless there is some alt history it was the only likely candidate

In 2005 came the renewal of the entire exterior of the tower top

From what i can understand it has cosmetic changes but i do believe the outer platform was never round

This is not confirmed at the time of construction but looks likely

Only problem in digging deeper into the construction i have another problem

810uEkFrtgc

I do not speak a word of german but some of the construction images i found useful

I think im wrong if so all good and hopefully it will reinforce other peoples evidence

But the tower in kino hasnt had the main mast filled with concrete which makes me believe that the cosmetic outer platform has not been built and the sphere could just be the inside of both towers (hopefully someone will prove this wrong)

Also if the sphere is the outer platform it isnt very big

Taken from website Fernsehturm Berlin

Construction method

Only one method was possible for the construction of the tower: the so-called climbing formwork building method. The internal steel framework always grows somewhat faster than the outer concrete shaft which is erected around the steel framework

The installation of the sphere at a height of 200 metres presented the engineers with a real quandary. Finally they decided on a single-shell construction. First the supporting steel framework of the sphere was prefabricated on the ground. The segments were raised up with cranes and were attached to the circular platform, which formed the completion of the concrete shaft. Then the sphere was suspended on the supporting tie rods, which enhanced the impression for the observer, that the sphere appears to float.

I will let you draw you own conclusion from this as i have no further progress on the subject but thought i would share this info

Thoughts regarding Thundergun:

I cannot tell if it was something added last second or if they are just really throwing us for a damn loop. If it was last second it explains the DG-3 quotes, but eh.

The biggest thing we fail to remember is that we are talking about the time they are there in the story, not when we play there. I hear it all the time with the technology on the Moon, people need to remember that just because the technology is old doesn't mean that we are there years in the past, it means the place was abandoned. What I am getting at is that when the story takes place, Germany hadn't invaded Russia yet so I personally believe that there was a Russian inside 935 and they made Mk I. So while it is odd that there is a Nazi building there in West Germany, remember that the place is abandoned and it wasn't West Germany then, it was just Germany.

I believe that after World War II ended, like you suggest, the Russian 935 member took the blueprints and defected to the Soviet Union. The Ascension Group may have put it off, or took a while to rebuild it or whatever. Regardless, when these Ascension radios take place, between 1959 and 1962, they had almost finished it.

The issue with having an Mk I and an Mk II is that they are not different at all. In the fourth Ascension radio, it reads as followed:

Finally, Project Thunder is nearing completion. My staff has assured me that the remaining limitations of the effective range and power cells will be solved within the next few months.

This would imply that it would be different than its Mk I counterpart, yet they are identical. This leads me to confusion as to why there is a Thundergun in Kino if the one in Ascension is supposedly different. Hell, maybe they mean the the Pack-A-Punched version since the PAPd version does increase range and radius, but there was a PAP version in Kino so I am stumped.

Thoughts regarding Pocket Teleporter:

This might be me being stubborn, or who knows, but I have never liked the idea of a Pocket Teleporter, it just seems like to easy of an out. Maybe I am looking to hard, but that is just my thoughts. While I agree it is a useful explanation, I almost feel it is too useful if that makes sense. The only reason I don't think the CoTD teleporter is a Pocket version is because there is a lot of racket going on, which I think better suits the larger version of the teleporter.

History of the Perks:

The original four perks were created by the team at Verruckt in my opinion. I have never been able to take all this "reverse engineering the perks" that seriously, but I will do what I can.

So they create the original four perks in an attempt to make supersoldiers, to give them abilities that no other army could fight. After the war ended, the Russian 935 member split to join the Ascension Group where he brought some of the bottles (or something) and they began to reverse engineer them. The Americans did the same when they took over West Germany. They found the building and took what they could to reverse engineer it back home. It turns out that when the Nazi's had control of Call of the Dead, they made a machine out of scraps (why some think it looks less professional) and attempted to improve the aim. While on the Moon, the team up there created Mule Kick after finishing the Wave Gun.

I do not believe you should incorporate the fact that it was added to all maps because that is simply unexplainable.

Wow:

I can't believe I wrote all that haha, I hope you appreciate it :D

I understand what you are talking about in the second paragraph.

I don't think Gorki would've needed to take the actual blueprints. All he'd have to do is give his government enough information to go and try to claim Der Riese, where they'd might find the blueprints. This assumes that the USSR won the standoff afterwards with the USA, and I think the USSR did. After all, all of the CIA's Der Riese files on the terminal were retrieved from their Soviet asset. But the idea that there was a defector and the USSR stole the blueprints, yes.

I disagree on the next paragraph. The Mk I and Mk II would not be the same. The Mk II is the one you use in Nacht der Untoten, Kino der Toten, and Ascension. The Mk I would be the unseen prototype Nazi version. I think the USSR finished the blueprints because if the Mk I was in working condition of some sort, they'd probably have used that over the Wunderwaffe DG-2.

Oh, and the Zeus Cannon does not have an increased range nor radius than the Thundergun.

The Pocket Teleporter was deliberately placed to fill up a gap in the story. While I agree that Call of the Dead had a fixed, mounted Teleporter, two times of teleportation are unexplained. That is Kino der Toten to Ascension and Shangri-La to Moon. The Pocket Teleporter fits perfectly with this with one exception, Call of the Dead. Why wouldn't they just use the Pocket Teleporter then? For that, I have no answer.

I think the USSR got Der Riese while the USA got Kino der Toten. I'm not sure who got Verruckt.

But I agree wholely on your Perk history.

I cant get my head around the pocket teleporter although its possible it could have been built and then shrunk

But if this was done by edward he would have to have the shrink ray tech

I maybe wrong but i was under the impression that the perks where more to aid a human in a unatural enviroment

It also could be for handlers or supersoldiers

The perk machines on veruckt are wired to the beam transport ring around the map

You can admin a drug with this type of current

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iontophoresis

Electroshock therapy chemically engineered beverages

There seems alot of intel to innerspace/space travel manned v2 jet planes etc

This could be a reason why they would want to admin a drug this way

Also the holding containers on the COTD ship have electrodes by the head if the zombies are in a suspended state, a jolt of QR could wake them up

Being a zombie maybe the perk couldnt be administered by conventional means like an injection

A Pocket Teleporter isn't just a shrunken Teleporter. It has a completely different design.

935 was originally trying to help people, but with the Nazi contract, things became murky.

I'm not sure on the significance of the Verruckt machine placement.

However, I think the idea of giving a Perk to a Zombie is ridiculous. Zombies only even came around late in the development at 935.

I don't think so. That one has a cylindrical body, while the one in the game is spherical.

I know sorry didnt explain my confusion :D

The Fernsehturm Berlin was supposed to be modeled on the Stuttgart but it looks nothing like it as you mention

Now it could just mean the structure but i am not sure

But i would of thought the Stuttgart would have been round being in the late 50's

But it has the look of 70's 80's

Was it round once and the platforms remodeled at a later date

http://en.structurae.de/structures/data ... d=s0000071

Stuttgart

Chronology

10 January 1954

Laying of foundation stone.

Eh... It seems really unlikely to me. I couldn't even find a picture of it. And, we already have an uncanny match to the Fernsehturm. They look very alike, so I don't see a need to propose it isn't it.

The phones may be recordings since they are activated at specific times in the Easter Egg, or they may just be phone calls.

... wait what?

the one in the spawn room rang on round 2 for me?(ill try to get vid proof)

you sure they go during the ee?

I didn't really prove, but I can offer my word. They go off randomly, and you can answer them once a game.

EDIT: Kilsteelr, the Fernsehturm is viewed only from far away in Kino der Toten. The lack of concrete filling it is NOT visible normally in the game without hacking. When console commands are used to see around things in the game, pieces are missing. Developers don't bother making parts of the game that players will never see, so going around the Fernsehturm and seeing its hollowness is just a gameplay mechanic, or lack of.

• Administrators

I found some interesting information in the terminal about the NOVA project in Der Riese. Note that I am talking pre-Ascension Group when Steiner was with Group 935.

GK, the in-game version of GKM, sent an internal memo on September 5, 1944 where they detail some of the Group 935 NOVA 6 issues. I have it listed below.

a) Stability is still an issue -- we are hoping version 4 will be stable.

Reference-- Stability Reference No. NOVA.SR 2010032. Stress investigations

and Long-Term-Testing with trial batches to derive the shelf-life for batches

in phase II.

So this means that there were at least four versions of NOVA 6, the first three all being unstable.

B) Further testing inroads modes of dispersion currently underway -- Initial

findings are positive and lead us to believe only slight modifications will

be needed [to] retrofit current chemical dispersion techniques. Reference

-- Dispersion Report No. NOVA.DR 0510032.

Not much to talk about, they are just saying that Steiner and Blome are working on the chemical dispersion.

c) Long term storage testing is in phase III -- The Containers are currently

being tested in various environments. Phase III includes Long-term testing

at 25-degrees Celsius at 60% [illegible] for confirmation of findings.

Reference -- Stability Report No. NOVA.SR 2010022.

This shows that the containers that are in Kino, Shangri-La, and Call of the Dead were sent to test long-term storage.

d) Means of protection for handlers and handling protocols must be

investigated. Tests with chimpanzees show current protocols are insufficient.

Suggest moving to human trials to speed research. Reference -- Trial Report

No. NOVA.TR 1915032.

This shows that the things that are inside the containers are not humans, that is my belief anyways. I am not saying the final result aren't humans because I believe they are, but who knows.

e) Current facilities are inadequate -- The scope of this project has vastly

increased and as such our needs have outgrown our current facility. The

incident last month only reiterates our need for a more permanent and

isolated laboratory. Reference -- Incident Report NOVA.IR 0002036.

This shows that Der Riese was not a big enough facility, they needed more space. I believe that this "isolated and more permanent" lab is Kino. According to an intel, "In 1945, America's British counterparts in MI-6 inaccurately reported that the original NOVA 6 test site located outside Cottbus on the border of Poland was destroyed under heavy bombing." The original test site they are referring to is Der Riese as it was right near the border of Poland at that time. Note how Der Riese is in flames at some locations, yet not completely destroyed, as if inaccurately reported? ;) Also, the intel says that they took some of the NOVA 6 on a freighter up the Elbe River, which is located in Lower Silesia, as is Der Riese. You can find more about all that in the Steiner link in my signature.

hmm, I think if I quote I'll excede the quotes limit so I'll just say my thoughts on this.

I agree with Tac about the ThunderGun, a Russian probably made it at Der Riese or Kino Der Toten and defected the documents or location of the bases. It was probably Gorki since he is related to GK and Nova 6 and the ThunderGun is on Kowloon with Clarke, another major developer of Nova 6.

On the subject of who got which bases, the Americans got Kino and Russians got Der Riese. Verruckt was found by the Americans too, remember Oppenheimer and Vannevar Bush talking on the terminal about the haiku's they found?

And I'm still skeptacle about the bodies in the containers being for long term storage, I read that memo too and thought that for a long time. But when Shangri La had them it just didn't make sense, there's no Nova crawlers there or chimpanzees, there too human looking The long term storage was at Rebirth, those cages with the bald monkeys.

The tower outside of Kino is Fernseturm of however it's spelled, I'm sure of it. They even put the completed one on Berlin Wall to help us out.

As for the pocket tele porter, I believe it was used to get from Der Riese to Shi No Numa, and from Shangri La to Area 51. I only think it would be relevant when there's no tele porter or time travel.

Archived