Superhands' detailed 50+ solo COTD strategy

Hey peepz, been meaning to do this one for a while for Ehjookayted's Master Zombies Guide which is due to drop sometime soon. ChopperNator posted his co-op guide very recently which was awesome and made me wanna get my one finished, so here it is!

My highest so far with this strategy is 73 just recently, was 68 back in August I think but I experimented with different tactics in my game to 73 to find out what works well in speeding the game up without making it dangerous, and I've put that all together here.

=========================================

First round: Knife only.

Second round: 8 shots to the chest with the pistol, then knife. Knife 2 times when you run out of ammo. Rebuild all the windows at the end of the round.

Third round: Keep knifing the zombies until you’ve made 3750 points. If you feel like you’re getting overrun, go ahead and clear the debris to the MPL area. This costs 750, so your new point-target will be 3000.

When you go up the stairs, go past the MPL to the end and turn left. Go straight to the end and clear the debris to drop down onto the ship. Then turn left, go to the edge, drop off and clear the debris to the AK74u area. Buy the AK off the wall.

Rounds 4 & 5

Use these rounds to point-build with the AK, buying ammo off the wall for it when needed. Try to gather the zombies up into a bunch so you can spray into them and make more points from collateral damage.

By the end of round 5 you should have at least 5500 points. Leave a crawler so you can go and turn the power on and buy Juggernog.

You can get back to the starting area without spending any points; just go back the way you came, using the stairs to get back to the upper level of the ship. Then where you dropped off after opening the debris, you can drop down to the lower level, where you’ll be able to drop off into the starting area.

From here, open the stairs next to the MPL and proceed up to the power room.

After the power is on, you can proceed to the PM63 room to open the door to Juggernog.

If you’re a confident player then you may instead opt to buy the Sickle this round, as it will yield more points up to round 10.

You will need to have 6000 points by the end of this round to open up the route to it and buy it. Open the door to PhD Flopper and go through the lighthouse to get to it that way – At NO point should you open the bottom door of the lighthouse in the AK area – doing this will make running trains in this area much harder for you. All areas in the lighthouse and beyond can be accessed by taking the PhD Flopper route.

After opening the PhD Flopper door, go to the upper floor and open the door to the lighthouse, then go to the lowest floor and open the rear door, go down the waterslide and you’ll find the sickle on the left. You can then carry on forwards and drop back down to the AK area.

You’ll make enough points in the next round to go get the power on and buy Juggernog, provided you don’t collect any Nukes.

Don’t bother getting the Sickle after round 6 – by that time the extra 5000 spent on getting it won’t really be rewarded.

Rounds before 10

If you bought the Sickle then continue to use it until the end of round 9.

If you didn’t, continue gathering up the zombies and shooting the group with the AK to maximise point gain. Remember to let all of the zombies in and group them up before you start shooting. The image below demonstrates what I've found to be an easy and effective loop:

Within these few rounds, you’ll need to buy the following items in order:

Quick Revive

PhD Flopper

Mustang & Sally (PaP the M1911)

Mule Kick

Make sure to leave a crawler at the end of each round so you can go and buy these items.

Rounds 10+

Continue using the AK to kill and make points. You should by now have all of the items listed above. Have the Mustang & Sally in your hands just in case you get stuck, as this can be used to blast your way out of trouble.

Leave a crawler at the end of each round to go and hit the random box. You’re aiming to get the Scavenger and the Matryoshka dolls.

When you do get the Scavenger, trade it for the AK74u. Then go and replace whatever your third weapon is (not the M&S) with the AK.

This may seem like a waste of points, but this is actually done to save points and effort in the future; if you go down, you’ll lose Mule Kick and your third weapon. If this third weapon is your AK, it’s easy to replace again. But there’s no telling how many points it will take to get the Scavenger back. Not to mention the time it takes.

When you do have the Scavenger, you’ll still continue to use the AK to kill for now – the Scavenger at this point will be used to kill George.

At the end of each round leave crawlers, knife George and lead him to the next area (the one between the AK area and the PM63 room). Sometimes if you kill George in the water, you will not get a perk and Death Machine/Wunderwaffe as George will disappear before he drops them. To take precautions, wait until he’s out of the water, fire 6 Scavenger shots at him in rapid succession and lead him back into the water to cool off. Repeat until he’s dead (will only take a couple of minutes).

Repeat this every time George respawns until you have all 8 perks.

At these rounds don’t bother taking the Wunderwaffe, just collect the perk bottle. You will of course need to have gotten the achievement for completing the Easter Egg before George will drop the Wunderwaffe in all of your games. If you don’t have this achievement yet, make sure you complete the Easter Egg before killing George in the later rounds. The EE can be done in solo or co-op, instructions for both can be found on the internet.

Rounds 20+

You’ll now start using the Scavenger to get all of your kills instead of the AK.

Leave a crawler at the end of round 19 to hit the box again. You’re aiming to replace the AK with a VR-11 – nothing else. PaP the VR-11 when you get it (you may have to wait for the PaP machine to appear).

If you still don’t have all the perks from George, you’ll be taking a different approach to killing him from now on. As you gather your horde and shoot them with a Scavenger shot, circle them around George so the shot also damages him. Then lead him towards the water in the AK area to cool him off before the zombies spawn in. You can also shoot him with the VR-11 to cool him down when it’s not safe to lead him into the water.

At the end of each round, leave a crawler and continue with the first method of killing him.

If you run out of Scavenger ammo, try for a Max Ammo by killing the next few groups of zombies with the Matryoshka dolls, PhD Flopping and M&S – save the last clip of M&S ammo for emergencies. If you don’t get a Max Ammo, PaP the Scavenger.

It is possible to take out a group of 24 zombies with the Matryoshka dolls. To do so, make sure they’re all grouped, and lead them towards a wall, preparing the dolls before you reach the wall. Keep the zombies close, and release it against the wall so it bounces back at you, then do a u-turn and run round the zombies. They will all be in a tight bunch with the dolls at their feet, which will easily kill all of them.

Once you’ve got all of the perks, you can make George go away by shooting him with the upgraded VR-11 when in the water. He won’t drop anything, but it’ll keep him at bay which will make things easier.

Rounds 34+

You’ll continue with the same strategy here, but with one difference – the Scavenger, upgraded or not, will now take 2 shots to kill. Simply fire 2 shots in rapid succession at the group instead of 1, and they’ll all be killed.

At this point, you’ll want to start killing George again to get the Wunderwaffe in order to save ammo, as well as use George to drop Max Ammos when you’re low on the Scavenger.

When you’re down to your last clip of Scavenger ammo, gather a full group of zombies, sprint past George and anger him while the group of zombies run past him. With George mad, you’ll need to do a wide map loop of some sort, basically going away from the AK area and coming back again, with angry George and the zombies on your tail. My chosen loop is through the PhD room and through to the bottom of the lighthouse, then out through the Speed Cola area and back into the AK area.

By the time you get back to the AK area, the whole group of zombies will be electrocuted, and with a bunch of electric zombies if you’re due a powerup then they’ll most likely drop a Max Ammo if they’re killed with a weapon that doesn’t normally drop powerups, namely the Scavenger or Wunderwaffe.

If you run out of ammo and fail to get a Max Ammo - which shouldn’t really be the case at this stage if you’re using the George method, but there is a chance - it’s time to put the Scavenger in the box and try to get it back out again.

This of course will be much too dangerous in some areas e.g. top of the lighthouse. If the box is in a dangerous location, finish out the round with the AK off the wall (replacing the Scavenger until you get it back from the box again). Be warned, this can take quite a bit of time. You can speed up the process by upgrading the AK if the PaP machine is near-by – you’ll most probably still make some point-gain out of this by the time the round has ended. Leave a crawler at the end of the round and go hit the box then.

Be careful when shooting with the AK – zombies spawn out of the ground and can caught you by surprise if they spawn behind you.

Rounds 42+

The Scavenger will now take 3 shots to kill. Still continue the strategy as before, but with 3 shots to each group instead of 2. Make sure to stay close to George so all of the shots hit him so you can keep getting the Wunderwaffe to get you through the rounds.

At this round the M&S won’t really save you that well any more – swap this for a Crossbow from the box and upgrade it. Have it in your hands when gathering, if you get stuck then jump and shoot a bolt away from the zombies and they’ll chase it and leave you alone for a few seconds. This can also be used if you go down to distract the zombies when you first get up, and get them in a group behind you. You can them lead them to the Juggernog machine and go out of the door at the top of the stairs next to Jugg.

Keep using George to try for a Max Ammo when you need one, you should still have a nice success rate with it at this point.

Rounds 50+

Congratulations on making it this far… now prepare for a long ride!

Sometime about this point, in the late 40s, the zombies will take 4 hits to kill. Every few rounds they will take more and more hits to kill from now on, with the upgraded version of the Scavenger killing with fewer shots than the regular version. If George is around, still continue the same strategy, using the amount of shots needed to kill them with the main aim of killing George to get the Wunderwaffe.

If George isn’t around and you’re out of Wunderwaffe ammo, use up any remaining Scavenger ammo and again replace it with the AK to finish out the round, leaving a crawler to go hit the box at the end.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good. Call of the Dead, will be the best covered map, as well as Moon. I am rather impressed with your strategy!

Excellent job Superhands. For easy access to the Wunderwaffe, having a PaP'd assault rifle as a 2nd gun would do wonders for the ease in killing George. 2nd spot is best as losing it when you go down would suck, and it's always nice to have a gun with which to kill George easily.

I don't understand why you are working so hard and risking yourself to get wunderwaffle in this map. The amount of ammo in this gun is just not enough to get through an entire round (past 50+) even after you run out of ammo on your Hyena.

I would not use Scavenger/Hyena to kill a horde and hit George at the same time. You would not have enough time to calm him down given how fast the zombies re spawn in those high rounds even with pap vr11. Just too risky.

Wunderwaffe in this map can only kill about 10 zombies and given the amount of shots it has about 12 - 14 (if i can remember) this will only get you like 6-7 hordes and past round 50 there are 15+ hordes just for solo which means it is completely useless. I would rather hold crossbow in cases when I think i might get stuck rather than getting stuck with this gun.

However I suggest using Hyena (2x/3x) in combination with Flopping / Porters X2 gun or Anarchy to kill each horde and this way I have better chance of getting drops because you are actually making points. Otherwise, I would simple keep making crawlers and pray for the box to give me another scavenger.

Also I would not get scavenger at round 20 in the game. Would just use AK74u to make shit load of points this way I can use the box unlimited number of times when I need ammo for my Hyena which is the most powerful gun in the game for solo.

But 50+ on solo this map is I think a real challenge.

This would be my ideal inventory for this map.

1-30

AK74u

VR11 Lazarus

Awful Lawton/Mustang and Sally

Each round past this will take about 30 minutes with AK74fu2 but will be rewarded with a lot of points compared to quick killing by Hyena.

30-40

AK74fu2

VR11 Lazarus

Awful Lawton

40+

Hyena

Vr11 Lazarus

Awful Lawton/Porters X2/LAW Anarchy

Replace Awful Lawton with Porters X2 when you running out of ammo on Hyena or if you are feeling lucky put it back in the box.

Just my 2 cents..

~way

Eye, MnS is good for early rounds. I forgot to put that on their for 1-30 but I would still prefer crossbow because it is easy to divert zombies and take out George in the middle of the round when he surprises you compared to Mustang and sally which is still good for blasting your way out when you get trapped by zombies when you make trains.

It's just this map is entirely different than any other map for solo because there is no wonder weapon that can help you kill zombies.

I give props to Swask for making it to 70+ on this map in solo.

Awesome guide! I always failed in the first few rounds, and now I know how to handle with that!

Now I also know how to run a good train, since I always ran around the other way (clockwise, and this is counter-clockwise) which must explain why I get stuck often!

I only would use a different setup:

1-25:

M&S

Scavenger

Ak74u

I would use the same of killing George as yours.

But at round 25/30 I would swap the scavenger for a vr-11 and use that if I would get in trouble with George. At every round George is back I would swap the AK for the scavenger and kill him. Then swap it back and at round 30+ PAP it right away. And just start the next round with a PAPed AK74u.

At round 35/40+ I would swap the M&S for the Awful Lawton.

So I would end up with:

Awful Lawton

Vr-11 lazerus

Ak74fu / Scavenger.

+

Way more points

Safer

Easier

No need to use the box during rounds

No angry George

-

More time consuming

More points wasting at the box

What do you guys think of this?

Nice!

This is very close to my 50+ strategy.

The only difference is that i would buy claymores asap and keep stashing them somewhere at the start of everywave and max ammo.

I don't touch them until wave 40ish, use the hyena to make crawlers and them finish them off with the claymores. This ensures more pickups :mrgreen:

Wow never thought of that!

Thanks to everyone for their posts :)

I don't understand why you are working so hard and risking yourself to get wunderwaffle in this map. The amount of ammo in this gun is just not enough to get through an entire round (past 50+) even after you run out of ammo on your Hyena.

I would not use Scavenger/Hyena to kill a horde and hit George at the same time. You would not have enough time to calm him down given how fast the zombies re spawn in those high rounds even with pap vr11. Just too risky.

Wunderwaffe in this map can only kill about 10 zombies and given the amount of shots it has about 12 - 14 (if i can remember) this will only get you like 6-7 hordes and past round 50 there are 15+ hordes just for solo which means it is completely useless. I would rather hold crossbow in cases when I think i might get stuck rather than getting stuck with this gun.

Sure it's a slight risk, but not big by any means and nothing any good player can't handle. There have been times even at round 60+ where I've had time to run him into the water, depends on how the zombies spawn - you can tell just by looking at the spawn situation whether or not it's safe, if it's not safe just take him out with the VR-11. It's not a problem unless you make it a problem.

As for getting the Wunderwaffe - it's definately worth it. Let's do some basic math:

Wunderwaffe has 18 shots, and kills 10 per shot.

18 x 10 = 180

At round 50 there are about 11 groups of 24 zombies.

11 x 24 = 264

This means at round 50, you can complete over 2/3 of the round using the Wunderwaffe, and the zombies spawn in so fast that you'd have gotten 2/3 of the round over in a few minutes. Not to mention you'll make a lot of points off it without using ammo, these points of which will go towards the next drop.

So overall, you save a LOT of time and a LOT of ammo by getting the Wunderwaffe at 50+ rounds. That's my reason behind getting it every other round when George respawns.

The only difference is that i would buy claymores asap and keep stashing them somewhere at the start of everywave and max ammo.

This can work very well, however I always avoid doing this at round 50+ as it can cause the famous "G_Spawn" error which has ripped myself and other players off of potentially going to round 100 in a game.

I only would use a different setup:

1-25:

M&S

Scavenger

Ak74u

I would use the same of killing George as yours.

But at round 25/30 I would swap the scavenger for a vr-11 and use that if I would get in trouble with George. At every round George is back I would swap the AK for the scavenger and kill him. Then swap it back and at round 30+ PAP it right away. And just start the next round with a PAPed AK74u.

At round 35/40+ I would swap the M&S for the Awful Lawton.

So I would end up with:

Awful Lawton

Vr-11 lazerus

Ak74fu / Scavenger.

+

Way more points

Safer

Easier

No need to use the box during rounds

No angry George

-

More time consuming

More points wasting at the box

What do you guys think of this?

This is exactly the set-up I used to my round 68 game actually. Does tend to work pretty well up to round 40-50 but it takes a very long time and each round can take an hour after round 50.

Also from a personal perspective, the most common cause of my death is at high rounds when you're spraying with an SMG, very tedious, lacking concentration, and you end up walking too far back and getting stuck somewhere or get screwed over by a new spawner, and of course you don't have time to switch to your save-ass weapon.

But hey it's great if people can take parts from my strategy and other parts from people's suggestions and piece together their own strategy, that's what threads like this are all about ;)

Alright, I will think about it, see what is the best strategy and I will start off tomorrow.

Does the solo EE also grants me the Wunderwaffe?

But for which weapon do you switch the WW?

Yeah it does, you only have to do it once to get the achievement and it'll appear in all games after that.

It doesn't swap for a weapon, it's sorta like having the Death Machine - once you have it you can't swap to any other weapon until it runs out. Rather than lasting for 30 seconds though it lasts until the ammo runs out. It can be replenished by a Max Ammo but it can't be PaP'd.

Alright, I will think about it, see what is the best strategy and I will start off tomorrow.

Does the solo EE also grants me the Wunderwaffe?

But for which weapon do you switch the WW?

Yeah it does, you only have to do it once to get the achievement and it'll appear in all games after that.

It doesn't swap for a weapon, it's sorta like having the Death Machine - once you have it you can't swap to any other weapon until it runs out. Rather than lasting for 30 seconds though it lasts until the ammo runs out. It can be replenished by a Max Ammo but it can't be PaP'd.

Ah I see good to hear.

But I just started a solo game, and is the WW really that important? Should I finish the EE quick and start over?

Of course I failed again.

Almost killed george for the 2nd time..

Accidently killed the last crawler, didnt expected such a huge radius. So i run back all fine. but what happens when i get nervous, ofcourse i got stuck...

just paped my scavenger, 5 perks, almost 6th one, almost ee done..

so ofcourse i lost the game.

if i didnt killed the crawler, this wouldnt happen..

it went to good, felt like ti went to make it really high.

might be trying it again but not today or tomorrow..

the medicine is use now makes me so tired i might be getting rid of it since i got it when i was like 12 or so to keep me easy and not so busy and angry fast, but im 18 and i dont feel like i need them anymoe.

and i cant drink energydrink with this, it makes me really really ill, so if i get rid of this medicine i wont be so tired and can drink some energydrik and will breakt my just set record of 17!! :(:P:P

Accidently killed the last crawler, didnt expected such a huge radius. So i run back all fine. but what happens when i get nervous, ofcourse i got stuck...

the medicine is use now makes me so tired i might be getting rid of it since i got it when i was like 12 or so to keep me easy and not so busy and angry fast, but im 18 and i dont feel like i need them anymoe.

and i cant drink energydrink with this, it makes me really really ill, so if i get rid of this medicine i wont be so tired and can drink some energydrik and will breakt my just set record of 17!! :(:P:P

Slow and steady wins the race, I am glad you are improving my friend.

Slow and steady wins the race, I am glad you are improving my friend.

Thank you :D

I hope we could play some time.

I'm so tired now :( getting crazy from it..

Could take a month but also a couple months till I can get to a how you call that? 'people who has a lot of knowledge about medicine' and he/she can make me quit my medicine or not lets hope it will be :( I have PDD-NOS, a form of autistic, if you know that.

If I stop it, I could become a bit agressive or I will imagine things there arent be there. Or be very busy and having to much energy haha :P

Wont be much zombies for me the following month(s)

I love zombies :(:(