Shotgun Sally on Der Riese is fun!

Superhands

Hey peepz, just occured to me yesterday that I've never done shotguns only on Der Riese, no idea why as it's always been one of my fave maps. Turned out to be one of the most fun solo games I've ever played for some reason 8-) Here's some random footage I captured, ended up dying 5 rounds later through lack of concentration :lol:

Lj37xl4_ZAw

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey peepz, just occured to me yesterday that I've never done shotguns only on Der Riese, no idea why as it's always been one of my fave maps. Turned out to be one of the most fun solo games I've ever played for some reason 8-) Here's some random footage I captured, ended up dying 5 rounds later through lack of concentration :lol:

We did this not to long ago actually, it was a blast. Can never go wrong with blasting zombies with shotguns :D

Round 55 with shotguns only is pretty good :P

But why is your channel not in use?

Which program did you use to make this video?

It's not in HD :(

Didn't know that my channel was unavailable, I'll have to change my settings...

The vid's not in HD cuz I used Windows Movie Maker :lol: I'm just a casual uploader and putting the clips together and outputting it in a smaller file size makes the output and uploading a lot quicker, can take quite a while to upload a 10GB HD video as you'd imagine.

Heh, The Gut Shot never fails to be there for you. Definitely one of the best weapons to have PaP.

Definately, I always have it in my arsenal when playing this map ;)

Round 55 with shotguns only is pretty good :P

But why is your channel not in use?

Which program did you use to make this video?

It's not in HD :(

Didn't know that my channel was unavailable, I'll have to change my settings...

The vid's not in HD cuz I used Windows Movie Maker :lol: I'm just a casual uploader and putting the clips together and outputting it in a smaller file size makes the output and uploading a lot quicker, can take quite a while to upload a 10GB HD video as you'd imagine.

Heh, The Gut Shot never fails to be there for you. Definitely one of the best weapons to have PaP.

Definately, I always have it in my arsenal when playing this map ;)

Yeah true, I have never seen a big difference between 360p and 720p HD in Zombies mode. Unless you use Dazzle lol.

The graphics of zombies aren't the best at all, so 720p HD doesn't makes it better or so.

MP is different, 360p is damn ugly there. Good thing I don't play MP.

• 1 month later...

Just did one on Der Riese, and epically wasted my 3 Quick Revives on round 21, and died on 22. :? Any tips?

I'm guessing that was because of Hellhounds? A lot of people tend to panic once they get Hellhounds joining their trains. This is yet another thing that's become easy to me by playing No Man's Land, you learn to handle Hellhounds spawning with zombies. The ones on Der Riese also have a much lower AI than the NML ones too. Not saying they don't cause problems though, Der Riese would be 10x easier if Hellhounds were kept to their own rounds.

If you're looping the map like I am here, I find it helpful to stay up on the ledge for as long as possible - fixing the windows in the same area will help you here. By the time you drop down, all the zombies will have already spawned in and drop down behind you. Then you just gather them up, then take out the whole wave.

At round 9 I upgrade my M1911 to the Mustang & Sally, using this to take out full waves of zombies between round 10 and 20.

Between 20 and 30 I gather my group, run them past Speed cola and use a couple of zaps to take out 20 of them before running through the Thompson room and back up to the ledge.

At round 30+ I use the Thompson Room (Warehouse) trap in the exact way you're seeing in the video above, but spraying with the Thompson to point-build rather than using the Shotgun.

I also use the Mustang & Sally to take out dogs, prone to leaving crawlers but takes them out with one shot and doesn't require precise aiming due to it's wide radius. This comes in handy in the higher rounds when you get 5 dogs on your ass - just turn around, shoot one shot into them and they're all gone.