Was Peter ever at Shi No Numa?

CLAYMORE

Was Peter ever at Shi No Numa?

Most people will answer yes, but what I propose to you is that the opposite is true. Be open-minded. Forget all the rumors you have heard. And please, do not use the Call of Duty Wiki as a source. It's a Wiki.

Here is all the evidence relating to Peter:

Shi No Numa Radio 1:

R-4808n 27 14 06 115 48 40. I hope you're receiving this transmission Peter, if you are not, then all hope is lost. You must know by now that we failed to contain the asylum, that we had to move the experiment here. Location. The numbers will guide you. The Giant must remain safe at all costs, repeat, Der Riese must be contained at all costs. The DG-2 experiments continue. You'll be our only advantage now. Find Doctor [Richtofen] and Doctor Maxis, they may know what's going on. The use of element 115 is dangerous at best. I'm not sure if we can continue here. We've lost most of our best team. I hope you get this. I hope it hasn't happened there too, but I'm almost out of hope. 60 54 06.96 101 55 44.94. - Cornelius Pernell

Call of the Dead Radio 4:

Log Entry 1474. Date: September 20, 1945. Dear diary, it would seem that the OSS realized that we have captured one of their spies. They tried to send a rescue team to Verrückt that was [static] the first batch of test subjects. I suspect that there are others more in the Organization. Dr. Harvey Yena and Dr. Peter McCain to be precise. Dr Maxis doesn't [static] any Americans in Group 935, no matter how much genius they have. Stupid Americans with their apple pies and baseball and children, but I digress. The new American test subject is interesting and muscley. His intellect seems low, but his will is strong. Like the others, he doesn't seem to know who he is anymore. Unlike the others he keeps breaking the restraints and yelling at me. Test subject N3WB is still staring at the floor, muttering what sounds like some kind of proverb over and over again. I think his mind may have been destroyed by the process. Oh well. The Russian subject has recently begun responding to stimuli, but only after injecting him with a new serum made primarily from vodka. Perhaps this is a breakthrough in the- - Doctor Richtofen

Swamp1.txt:

***TOP SECRET***

***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE EYES ONLY***

***SHI NO NUMA RECORDING #1***

Summary: The following is a transcript of a recording that originated from the Group 935 outpost dubbed “The Swamp.” The voice heard in this recording belongs to the handler of the operative “PETER” who went missing at an unknown time prior to the sending of this message. The operative is presumed dead and the location of Shi No Numa has yet to be resolved.

**START**

[static.]

AUTOMATED: R-409n 37 14 06 115 48 40.

HANDLER: I hope that you are receiving this transmission [REDACTED], if you are not, then all is already lost. You must know by now that we failed to contain the asylum, that we had to move the experiment here. Location. The numbers will guide you. The giant must remain...

[static.]

...at all costs. Repeat. Der Riese must be contained at all costs. The DG-2 experiments continue. You're our only advantage now. Find Doctor...

[static.]

and Doctor Maxis. They may know what’s going on. The use of element 115 is dangerous at best. I’m not sure if we can continue here. We’ve lost most of our best...

[static.]

...team. I hope you get this. I hope it hasn’t happened there too. But I’m almost all out of hope.

AUTOMATED: 60 54 06.96 101 55 44.94.

**END**

Update.txt:

***TOP SECRET***

***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE EYES ONLY***

***UPDATE PETER***

NAME: [REDACTED]

DOB: [REDACTED]

OPERATIONAL DURATION: [REDACTED]

**Please use Agency standard ciphers for operative identity.”

HANDLER’S NOTES”

We successfully inserted PETER into Group 935 as a research assistant based out of Munich. Current location is unknown, but his last transmission suggested he had been transferred from the Der Riese facility to a top secret location known only as Verruckt. Most recent communique indicated that the 935 experiments are barely under control.

Attempts to secure all visible Group 935 research of Element 115 technology have been unsuccessful.

We fear that PETER identity has been compromised. Sending in a Marine Recon unit to extract PETER from the asylum before it is too late. Operation leader will be one TANK DEMPSEY.

The asylum must be contained at all costs.

SIGNED CORNELIUS PERNELL

Richtofen's Quote:

You have all been fooled! Just like Peter!

NOW

Let's catalyse this information. Below is a radio:

R-4808n 27 14 06 115 48 40. I hope you're receiving this transmission Peter, if you are not, then all hope is lost. You must know by now that we failed to contain the asylum, that we had to move the experiment here. Location. The numbers will guide you. The Giant must remain safe at all costs, repeat, Der Riese must be contained at all costs. The DG-2 experiments continue. You'll be our only advantage now. Find Doctor [Richtofen] and Doctor Maxis, they may know what's going on. The use of element 115 is dangerous at best. I'm not sure if we can continue here. We've lost most of our best team. I hope you get this. I hope it hasn't happened there too, but I'm almost out of hope. 60 54 06.96 101 55 44.94. - Cornelius Pernell

So I tried assuming Peter was in Shi No Numa. First sentence: Mhmm. Second: That means Cornelius isn't at Verruckt; what is here? Third: That'd make more sense if the numbers reference where they currently were. Fourth: same. Fifth: Why's he telling Peter Der Riese must be safe? Doesn't this imply that Cornelius isn't there and that Peter is? Sixth: Both Shi No Numa and Der Riese had the DG-2. So we know one is in one and the other the other. Seventh: Mhmm. Eight: They are at Der Riese... Ninth: Mhmm. Tenth: Here? So either Shi No Numa or Der Riese is dying. Eleventh: Which seems like it'd die first? Small huts? or a factory? Twelth: Mhmm. Thirteenth: Well it ends up happening everywhere.

Okay. So let's look at this again. It must be either

Cornelius is at Shi No Numa sending a message to Peter at Der Riese.

or

Cornelius is at Der Riese sending a message to Peter at Shi No Numa.

"The Giant must remain safe at all costs, repeat, Der Riese must be contained at all costs."

"Find Doctor [Richtofen] and Doctor Maxis, they may know what's going on."

Why would Cornelius tell Peter this if Cornelius is already at Der Riese?

Why would he tell Peter to find these people if they were only a couple doors down from Cornelius.

So what does this mean? This means that Cornelius is at Shi No Numa, and Peter is at Der Riese.

So who is the hanging man? Cornelius.

What about Peter's Grave? That can't be taken seriously because the tutorial shows its unreliableness as a source.

Now let's look at Call of the Dead's Radio.

"it would seem that the OSS realized that we have captured one of their spies. They tried to send a rescue team to Verrückt that was [static] the first batch of test subjects. I suspect that there are others more in the Organization. Dr. Harvey Yena and Dr. Peter McCain to be precise."

So they captured a spy. The U.S. feared compromise so they sent a Marine group, as seen in Update.txt. But this spy wasn't Peter, because Richtofen still refers to Peter being around and not caught. That means the U.S. tried to rescue Peter at the capture of another spy. They feared Peter would be captured soon after. But Update.txt also said Peter was moved to Verruckt. Yet he lived? What's with that?

Richtofen's quote. It explains it.

"You have all been fooled! Just like Peter!"

Richtofen KNEW what Peter was up to! The only possible explanation for Peter surviving Verruckt would be if they withdrew their forces from Verruckt and let the overrunning zombies continue. Why wouldn't Richtofen just kill Peter? Why'd he let them remove him with any other scientists?

Now let's take a look at Update.txt again.

"Attempts to secure all visible Group 935 research of Element 115 technology have been unsuccessful."

Peter has been in this organization for three years but hasn't recovered a single thing? What gives? Well we know now that Richtofen knew he was a spy yet chose not to kill him. The first explanation that comes to mind, and what I think makes the most sense, is that Richtofen knew, and he let Peter live, "fooling him", to understand the U.S.'s intentions. Thus, they were able to predict the U.S.'s Marine Recon unit and unleash zombies at the already unstable Verruckt and evacuate.

It is unknown what happened to him after that. He may have been killed at Der Riese with the other scientists.

props to murder machinex

Any thoughts?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you put time into this, but I have gone over this situation countless times in my head, and Peter being the man who is hanging at Shi no numa is the only possibility. Peter just narrowly escaped the first hours of the Verruckt outbreak. In an attempt to hunt down Richthofen and exact his revenge, Peter track Data Servant signels to Shi no Numa. Richtofen had been expecting Peter, the then last living member of Group 935, and lied a trap for Peter before he got there.

Richtofen's quote. It explains it.

"You have all been fooled! Just like Peter!"

When does Richtofen say this? I can't recall it.

Also I think we can assume it is Peter. This guy says Peter's Grave EE can't be taken seriously. What a load of...of course it can be taken seriously. Why would Treyarch even put it in that map? It'd be more logical to put it in Verruckt or Der Riese going by this.

Also do you have a link to the original post? "murder machinex" wrote this like you said so you probably won't be able to answer my questions, so I wanna ask him.

I don't think you can discount the iPhone easter egg so easily. Shi No Numa on iPhone has no hanging man and a grave with "Peter" written on it. I think it's pretty clear evidence the hanging man is Peter.

I believe Cornelius is the other hanging man, the one in Der Riese as implied by the walkie talkie message in Der Riese where he hangs himself after finishing his message to Peter.