Written Steps for the Big Bang Theory Easter Egg (w/ pics)

Shooter

Someone just requested this on another thread, so I thought I'd make a topic with it. Here's the tutorial in step-by-step order. PM me or post a respond here if there's any questions. Note that some of these steps can be done in different orders (like the plates, the ball, etc.) A thanks to i am richtofen for informing me of alternative wire spawn locations.

***NOTE***: Someone in your party MUST have previously completed the Call of the Dead and Shangri-La Easter Eggs in order to complete this.

Also note that while these steps do move in a general direction, these steps CAN be performed in random order for the most part. For example, you can teleport the plates at Area 51 or pick up the wire in the lab at any time during the game.

Step 1: Sam Says. Right outside the spawn downstairs there's a set of computers. Repeat the color pattern 3 or 4 times until all computers blink green. Power must be on before doing this step.

Step 2: Hack the Lab Computer Terminals. In the second level of the lab you'll see 4 computers on the wall. Equip the hacker and hack the computer on the right (cost 500 points). After hacking the initial computer, there will be 4 terminals scattered through the three levels of the lab that you must now hack. You can identify it by the green light shining on it. You must do this within 60 seconds. Afterwards, return to the computer you initially hacked, and press x on each computer to turn on the activstion light. You must press them quickly in sequence or they'll turn back off.

Step 3: The Artifact in Tunnel 6. Wait until the excavator breaches Tunnel 6, and hack the computer at the spawn to remove the saw. Head back to Tunnel 6 and you'll see the Artifact (ball) on the ground next to the M16. Knife the ball and follow it back to the spawn. It will float up onto a satellite above the spawn room, use the Wave Gun to shoot it down and continue to follow it through to Tunnel 11. At one point the ball gets stuck in the ceiling in the Stamin-Up room, shoot it to unwedge it. Follow it to the pyramid. A vile should then rise from the corner of the pyramid.

Step 4: Collect the Souls. After the vile appears, you must kill 25-30 zombies next to the vile to fill it up. A sound can be heard once it's filled. Also note the red smoke will stop appearing from the dead zombies once it's filled all the way.

Step 5: Cryogenic Slumber Party. Hit the switch on the wall near the full vile, and you'll be done with the first part. Your reward is a 90 second Death Machine. Sound familiar? :lol:

TIP: Wait to hit the switch for the DMs until you have to fill up the four viles on the corners for Step 8. It will make that step much easier to complete.

Step 6: Collect the Plates. Teleport to Area 51, and on the right hand side you'll see some plates on a shelf of a storage container (they're sitting vertically). Throw a grenade or two to knock them down on the ground. Then throw a Gersch to teleport them onto the teleporter. When you go back to Moon, you'll see the plates on the ground near Quick Revive. Throw a QED at the plates to transfer them to the computer across the room.

Step 7: The Wire, The Golden Rod, and the Computer. If you haven't found the wire yet, look for it somewhere in the 3 levels of the lab. Hold x to pick it up. It'll appear in your inventory when you have it. Return to the computer and the plates and attach the wire. Place the Golden Rod in between the plates. Whoever is Richtofen must now keep pressing x (square) at the computer until you can't anymore. Remove the newly powered rod afterwards.

EDIT: The piece of wire can also be found outside by the teleporter, and in the spawn room. It usually spawns in the lab, but it can also spawn elsewhere.

Step 8: Collect More Souls. Head back to the pyramid and have Richtofen walk up to it. 4 viles will now appear in each corner. Fill these up like last time. It's relatively easy if one or two of you have Ray Gun or Wave Gun. After all 4 viles are filled, have Richtofen place the rod in the pyramid. Whoever is playing as Richtofen will get all 8 perks now.

Step 9: Transfer the Artifact. Notice the Artifact (ball) is misaligned in it's hole on the pyramid. Throw a QED to transfer it to the Sam Says computers for the final steps. You'll see it disappear and reappear by the Sam Says computer if you threw the QED correctly.

Step 10: Sam Says Part II. Play Sam Says again. This time there will be 3 levels instead of one. A sound will verify you completed each level correctly, along with the blinking green screens. This Sam Says is noticable more difficult than the first time around.

Step 11: Teleport the Artifact. After completing all 3 levels of Sam Says part II, throw a Gersch at the Artifact (ball) to teleport it to the launch platform and to complete the Easter Egg.

Sit back, enjoy the show, and reap the benefits of your hard work!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed you can get the egg (Step 3) if Tunnel 6 breaches before hacking the computers (Step 2), and possibly before playing Samantha Says (Step 1). So you can initially do some steps in a different order. But this is the preferred order I and most others do anyway.

Great post! [brains] for you! I found it a lot more understandable and easier to read than the CoDwiki's.

Last night me and my friends were stuck on Step 7. The player who was Richtofen couldn't put the golden rod between the two plates. I don't know if it matters but I connected the wire to the computer before we were at this step and I could see it still in the computer then. He tried many times (pressing square). Were on PS3. Are there any previous requirements needed to complete the Big Bang Theory? In many videos the commentators say you must have completed the Call of the Dead and Shangri-la easter eggs before doing the moon easter egg. Is this true? Thanks in advance. (Sorry for the wall of text :oops: )

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I'm glad to see it's at least getting put to good use. I for one find it a little bit easier to follow written steps than a video tutorial, that's just me though.

Also, thanks i am richtofen for the alternative wire locations. I've made an edit to the OP to include those other locations.

Last night me and my friends were stuck on Step 7. The player who was Richtofen couldn't put the golden rod between the two plates. I don't know if it matters but I connected the wire to the computer before we were at this step and I could see it still in the computer then. He tried many times (pressing square). Were on PS3. Are there any previous requirements needed to complete the Big Bang Theory? In many videos the commentators say you must have completed the Call of the Dead and Shangri-la easter eggs before doing the moon easter egg. Is this true? Thanks in advance. (Sorry for the wall of text :oops: )

Well that is true. At least one person on your team MUST have completed the CotD and Shangri-La Easter Eggs. Although I thought Richtofen didn't spawn with the Golden Rod if nobody has done the eggs. So your friend who was playing as Richtofen had the Golden Rod, but he just couldn't put it in the machine? Did it look like the Rod had the Focusing Stone in the middle of it?

To anyone that has only completed the CotD Egg: When you spawn in Moon do you have the Golden Rod? Does it spawn without the Focusing Stone in the middle? Or do you not spawn with anything at all? Feedback is appreciated.

Haven't seen this mentioned.. but thought it was a cool trick.

You can actually do the plate gathering and golden rod steps early in order to get the death machines DURING the 100 soul collection step. Me and a few buddies did this, and having the DM's to kill 100 zombies was pretty awesome.

Haven't seen this mentioned.. but thought it was a cool trick.

You can actually do the plate gathering and golden rod steps early in order to get the death machines DURING the 100 soul collection step. Me and a few buddies did this, and having the DM's to kill 100 zombies was pretty awesome.

Yup, this is definately smart thinking, and usually what I do when playing with a team. It's easy if you have Ray Guns and the Wave Gun, but if you don't it can get complicated to fill the 4 viles. The DMs just make it much much easier.

It's also most likely the reason filling the first vile (step 4) and pressing the switch (step 5) are two seperate steps. So you can save the DMs specifically for that step.

The Excavator will never drill into tunnel six for me and my friend. HOW CAN WE GET IT TO DO THIS?!?!

There's nothing you can really do it about it. For a while for me, Tunnel 6 never breached, or it did it REALLY late in the game. However, in recent matches for me, Tunnel 6 always seems to breach first, or a couple of minutes or so after the power turns on.

It would be good if what your actions decided what gets breached, like opening a certain door or turning on the power straight away, etc.

It's all just a waiting game really :/ Than it gets annoying trying to get the Wave Gun if you don't already have it. Couple that with QED's and Gersch's to get and it can be easily as long as wait.

• 2 weeks later...

sucks it can't all be done in solo, I'm still having trouble getting people together for the EE. I wouldn't mind having to gamble between the QED's and Gershks if it would let me for the various steps, but I don't seem to spawn with the rod even as Richtofen in solo (and I've completed the previous eggs)

• 2 weeks later...

So maybe this is a dumb question but I haven't been able to find the answer, do you have to do the COTD easter egg in Co-Op or can one person have done it solo for the Big Bang Theory to work?

Nope, One person in the group has to have the ensemble the cast easter egg from COTD and the shangri-La Acquire the Focusing Stone for the Moon EE to work. I think the problem with the OP was a member of his group only had the COTD EE done. In that case, Richthofen WILL spawn with just the Golden rod and NOT the focusing stone, and hence, why i think he couldn't put it between the plates

So maybe this is a dumb question but I haven't been able to find the answer, do you have to do the COTD easter egg in Co-Op or can one person have done it solo for the Big Bang Theory to work?

Nope, One person in the group has to have the ensemble the cast easter egg from COTD and the shangri-La Acquire the Focusing Stone for the Moon EE to work. I think the problem with the OP was a member of his group only had the COTD EE done. In that case, Richthofen WILL spawn with just the Golden rod and NOT the focusing stone, and hence, why i think he couldn't put it between the plates

What OP are you referring to? I mentioned in the beginning of my guide that someone has to have completed BOTH eggs to be able to complete the Big Bang Theory Easter Egg. I believe Jrag was asking if you can have either the CotD Solo egg, or CotD Co-op egg (in addition to Shangri La).

I'd assume you'd have to do the Co-Op part of the egg for it to qualify. Not 100% sure though. Has anyone that has only done the Solo CotD egg in addition to the Shangri La egg? This is a pretty good question Jrag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrators

I almost can't tell whether this would be better in the Story section. Maybe we could copy the thread and sticky it there too Eye since it is a huge thread that has a lot of story line significance?

That it does, but considering these are simply just the steps for how to actually do the egg, with no storyline implications addressed, I feel as though it's better served here.

Also, if someone were to ask, "How do you the Easter Egg?" they'd probably check gameplay first.

• Administrators

That it does, but considering these are simply just the steps for how to actually do the egg, with no storyline implications addressed, I feel as though it's better served here.

Also, if someone were to ask, "How do you the Easter Egg?" they'd probably check gameplay first.

True that, that makes sense. I addressed it with Covert a while back, making all the Easter Egg guides and having them stickied so that everyone will stop asking :P I'll add images into my Written CoTD one, and then I am almost done with all the others and we can get the ball rolling on that!

Stickied. 8-)

[brains]

VERY much appreciated Eh! That was the highest hopes I had for this thread. For it to one day be stickied. I tried to make it as detailed yet as easy to follow as possible, as that's what I prefer most when doing something. Video's can be great, but it gets frustrating rewinding them back 20 times to see a part of a step. Besides, I'm awful with commentary. ANYwho, I'm rammblin'.

If there are any other guides that still need to be created I can compose them in a similar fasion! Just let me know! Thanks again guys! :)

shooter

Grats for the sticky ;) An earned one!

This helps maybe at most difficult steps 9 and 11 :mrgreen: (I mean that serious!)

It's about how to throw the gersh and the qed without air safely at the desired location.

I know you mentioned that the order is flexible. It might just make everything more complicated, but wouldn't it be a good idea, to specify this just a bit? I'm always a bit annoyed, that all guides are step by step based. For example, just collect the wire the first time you pass by the labs. So you save your time, to go back later on. Or do the rod-charge while Mister X is AFK, get the Plates up to Moon when you anyway teleport etc. I don't know if it would be a good idea to specify this, since the guide should not be too complicated. Anyway I made this little picture to illustrate ;) [just having too much time]