Hacker: Discussion & All Known Effects

Fu453

I've been seeing a bunch of threads describing Hacker incompletely, only stating one use, etc. I'm here to post almost everything the Hacker can do that I've seen and heard to save a few threads/posts (and I'm desperately bored).

Why and what is Hacker, why hack, and what can it do?

Why and what is hacker?: Hacker does several things which can aid you when fighting the endless undead hordes, but it has a price: you must trade your Space Suit for it. Though this trade is risky, both equipment are free.

Why hack?: Hacking something will do a lot of things: discount prices, make maneuvering easier, etc, but each hack requires time, sometimes varying (I have used a Stopwatch App on my phone to measure the time).

What can it do?: Many things, my friend! That's why I am here!

Pro tip: Hacker seems to work faster (2/3rds faster exactly, thanks Duckcall00) when you have Speed Cola.

Hack the Mystery Box while a weapon is up for grabs: Re-roll for the cost of 600 pts. [Takes approximately 2s]

Hack the Mystery Box while that weapon is up for grabs: Get a free 950 points and allow anyone to take that gun rather that just you. [Takes approximately 1s]

Hack a Mystery Box spawn: Get a 1-time roll. It will, after, disappear. [Takes approximately 2-3s] This spawn will then never work in a Fire Sale, and after that, you cannot hack it again. This also prevents the box moving to the spawn you hacked (it will sooner or later), Costs 1200 [Takes approximately 3 seconds]

Hack a power-up: Changes the power-up to a Max Ammo but costs a huge 5000 points. [Takes approximately 3s]

Hack the Pack-a-Punch: Cages you and/or other players in the Pack-a-Punch area to ensure a safe upgrade. You also gain 1000 points. The cage stays up for 30 seconds. [Takes approximately 5s]

Hack a window: Repairs the window entirely and gain 100 points. Hack that same window 3 times in one round and it will take 300 points and repair it rather than giving you 100 points again. [Takes approximately 2s]

Hack a door: Opens for 200 points instead of the regular price. [Takes approximately 30s!]

Hack a wall gun: Switches regular and Pack-a-Punched ammo prices. Costs 3000 points. [Takes approximately 2s]

Hack a player: Gives that player 500 points (but takes 500 points from you). [Takes approximately 10s]

Hack an excavator (the huge Digger): Stops that excavator from digging, saving that area from losing oxygen and preventing to blocking your path. You gain 1000 points from this. [Takes approximately 5 seconds]

Hack a Perk-a-cola machine: Get a refund of how much points that perk originally cost (example: hack PHD Flopper to get back 2000 points, hack Mule Kick to get back 4000 points, etc.), but you will then lose that perk.

You can also hack thing in the laboratories (where the MP5K is) to proceed with the major Easter Egg,Richtofen's Grand Scheme.

Hacker can also give you bonus points each round. OstonedshooterO has explained exactly how this works (thanks OstonedshooterO)

Carrying the Hacker has many benefits as you all might know, however most people are unaware of just how beneficial the Hacker truly can be :evil: (Particularly to your points.) Of course you can get a 1000 points hacking excavators, and you can get 100 points for hacking a window, but the Hacker Bonus is worth a much more significant amount of points.

The following chart shows the Hacker Bonus recieved, depending on how many rounds you've been holding the Hacker:

1 round: 500 points

2 rounds: 1000 points

3 rounds: 1500 points

4 rounds: 2000 points

5 or more rounds: 2500 points

Some players are aware of this bonus, however most people are unaware you can get TWO of these bonuses per round. One for completing the round and starting a new one, and another one for teleporting to Area 51 with the Hacker. Every time you travel there, you will get the bonus. Now add these bonuses together (by leaving a crawler and going to Area 51 each round), and you will be making a significant amount of points per round.

1 round: 1000 points

2 rounds: 2000 points

3 rounds: 3000 points

4 rounds: 4000 points

5 or more rounds: 5000 points

Things to note about the Hacker Bonus

* To recieve the Hacker Bonus, you must carry the Hacker device for one whole round before you get your first bonus points in the next round.

* You cannot put the Hacker down at ANY time, or your cumlative Hacker Bonus will return to to 0, and you must carry the Hacker for another whole round before starting back at the 500 point mark.

* Multiple Hackers will sometimes net multiple players getting the bonus.

I think I've covered just about everything. If I did miss anything please post it and I'll add it ASAP.

I hope this will answer all of your Hacker questions.

Till next.

-Fu453

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can hack the place where you want the box to spawn next i.e. the 3 boxes with a teddy on it for 1200(side note i haven't done this yet, but i can only assume its purpose)

Added. I forgot about this one. If anyone can provide a video with this footage I'll gladly get a Hack time for it.

It's also used for the EE

I was gonna put this in originally but I couldn't make a good description...but whatever. Added.

i tink you cant trade a powerup for a Perk. i tried 14x in 1 game and only max ammo

Since there's controversy over this I'll have to ask for a video for this. Until then, I'll put the effect as unconfirmed.

you can hack the place where you want the box to spawn next i.e. the 3 boxes with a teddy on it for 1200(side note i haven't done this yet, but i can only assume its purpose)

Added. I forgot about this one. If anyone can provide a video with this footage I'll gladly get a Hack time for it.

after playing moon and i have to correct myself, ive assumed wrong. When i hacked the box spawed and acted like i had just bought a weapon, then disappered when i took the weapon. hack time 2-3 secs

• 4 weeks later...

About hacking a empty box location with a teddy bear on it.....

From what I've noticed, you can only hack one teddy bear box location in an entire game. Once it's hacked, that's it.... no more hacking teddy bears for you.

Also, once you have hacked a box location, that box location no longer becomes active during a Fire Sale. Music will emit from that boxes location, but the box won't be there, and the blue light shining down on it will be missing. All the other boxes on the map are still active though for the duration of the power-up.

It's as if by hacking a box location, you are also breaking the box location in some way. I kinda like that idea of having consequences that come along with hacking. That way you have to weigh out the good with the bad in your decisions. So choose that box you want to hack wisely. I personally recommend not choosing the one in the Biodome, since that's the area you are most likely going to be spending most of your time slaying zombies in.

From what I've noticed, you can only hack one teddy bear box location in an entire game. Once it's hacked, that's it.... no more hacking teddy bears for you.

Also, once you have hacked a box location, that box location no longer becomes active during a Fire Sale. Music will emit from that boxes location, but the box won't be there, and the blue light shining down on it will be missing. All the other boxes on the map are still active though for the duration of the power-up.

It's as if by hacking a box location, you are also breaking the box location in some way. I kinda like that idea of having consequences that come along with hacking. That way you have to weigh out the good with the bad in your decisions. So choose that box you want to hack wisely. I personally recommend not choosing the one in the Biodome, since that's the area you are most likely going to be spending most of your time slaying zombies in.

Just a note, but the box will eventually move back to the other spots after a given amount of time or hits(not sure which one it's determined). We had the box in the Biodome for I would say between 70-80 hits before it finally moved back to a previously hacked location. So basically hacking an empty box location blocks that location from getting the box for a certain amount of time (or hits).

EDIT: BTW to Fu, you've been putting up some great threads lately that are well written that you don't seem to get a lot of praise for. But keep it up! The posts are great!

Wow, thanks alot for the great feedback guys, it means a whole lot to me :D

But if u didn't know, I actually made this thread a month ago along with my QED effects thread when Moon came out on the 360. I decided to bump them because I just know there will be a bunch of questions about them.

I really do try my hardest to find anything helpful for the CoDz community. Its sorta hard now since the down time will last for another year or so.

So In theory this could also be used to your advantage, By getting the Box where you want it. Then Hacking all the rest of the locations, Hence "forcing" the box to stay in one location for a longer time. Or is it still just random?

Oh ya this is my first post on this site after a couple years of lurking, Big ups to all the heads who are making things happen here.

God I love this Game!

So In theory this could also be used to your advantage, By getting the Box where you want it. Then Hacking all the rest of the locations, Hence "forcing" the box to stay in one location for a longer time. Or is it still just random?

Oh ya this is my first post on this site after a couple years of lurking, Big ups to all the heads who are making things happen here.

God I love this Game!

Yup, this is true. When me and a buddy play, we'll wait til the box is in the dome, and then hack the other 3 box locations. This keeps the box in the dome for at least 50+ hits. Not to mention you can hack whenever you take a pull while in the Dome.

Yup, this is true. When me and a buddy play, we'll wait til the box is in the dome, and then hack the other 3 box locations. This keeps the box in the dome for at least 50+ hits. Not to mention you can hack whenever you take a pull while in the Dome.

That's a Pro Tip right there!

For sure is! Definately helps when you're trying to get a certain item out of the box.

You can also use the hacker to give a teammate a second Ray Gun. If you have no Ray Gun, your teammate already has to have a Porter X2, and you have to get a ray gun on the second hack and hack if for your teammate. He'll then have the Porter X2 and the ray gun. Just make sure he doesn't try to upgrade the second one or he'll lose it.

When I play two player, we'll have one guy have ray gun, porter x2, and M+S. And the other player has ray gun or porter x2, M+S, and Wave Gun/Dual zaps. LBoth people have Gersches and Hacker, and run circles in the Dome.You can get to the forties pretty fast when doing this. As long as the excavator doesn't glitch out that is.