CoDz - PTG - Twodown ***My Thoughts***

carbonfibah

****DISCLAIMER****

This post does not reflect CoDz as a website, these words are my own and reflect my personal outlook on the situation. Please do not construe this as a flame war.

Where to begin..... First off, the reason for this post is because recently there has been murmurs and what not that need to be addressed. This is the first time in probably over a year that I have posted about this subject. Anyway....

Ok, to better understand the situation, and where I am coming from I need to give a little background and start at the beginning, otherwise this won't make sense, and I will not convey my ideas effectively. A lot of you only know of some competition, or rivalry between a couple groups/sites, but don't know WHY it even exists, or what you are doing wrong to continue the debacle.

So, a long time ago during World At War, I was invited out by Treyarch to play map packs 2 and 3 a couple weeks early before they were released. They were community events, members from the gaming community selected to participate, in my opinion as a way of saying thank you to the community members who do so much for their game, for free, out of love, etc, etc... So between those two events I created callofdutyzombies.com. Now at the time, there was only one other zombies site really, nazizombies.com, but they were not really connected to Treyarch like we are, so as it is, their site was/is not as heavily trafficked. Also there was WeTheGamerz. Now CoDz and WTG have been affiliated/friendly since the beginning. Myself being friends with that site's owners helped, and together both sites working on zombies and both sites having people at Treyarch community events really helped make both popular in the gaming community.

Now MW2 came out and CoDz definitely died down after WaW zombie hype. Now WTG is not just zombies, so they continued to flourish. We steadily grew as we planned and what not for Treyarch's next game, which we now know as Black Ops.

Then one day a gift from the heavens arrived on my doorstep. It was a USB drive from Treyarch. This is the GKNOVA6 USB that everyone knows. Now this is where PTG and TD come into play. Now Treyarch is here, running an awesome ad campaign to help publicize and hype up the community for Black Ops, and people started to take advantage. Now at first nobody on a global scale knew where these USB drives came from (I did because I figured it out pretty fast) but as a whole this USB drive which lead to a mysterious website could have been from any gaming company. CoDz got a USB drive and was involved in GKNOVA6 becuase as a site we love the type of mysteries and codes and what not that Treyarch produces. As a site we are known for solving these things, not to mention quickly too. Also I was the one who got the GKNOVA6 briefcase which was a instrumental part of the gknova6 campaign. This is also around the time that the PTG/TD website came into existence. Well after CoDz was made and well after CoDz has established itself in the community.

So nobody came forward and took credit for gknova6, some said it was not them but that was about it. So as more and more info is coming from the GKNOVA6 source mysteriously, people like it of course, and were given the idea to make their own mysterious stuff to either have fun or trick people, I don't know. Whatever the reason, people made hoaxes, mimicking, mocking, replicating, etc... ripping off this pure gknova campaign, and tainting it with lies and deceit. Soon nobody knew what to believe anymore, the lies were everywhere, it was just some sick game to people.

Before it was an amazing code breaking game for community members to partake in out of enjoyment for the game and what the gknova6 campaign stood for (the single player and zombie storyline). CoDz community was built around finding easter eggs, solving puzzles, research, and finding the hidden in all we are given. We are a devoted group of conspiracy theorists and zombie zealots alike. But now, now we are suddenly infested with the seeds of lies spreading across the site and the community as people continued to play off Treyarch's gknova6 for their own gains and pleasures. For example, one group of people who used Kevin and Elena's songs from zombies and re-dubbed them, i guess illegally would be the word and try to profit off their hard work by adding their own words and making videos, etc.... I don't profit from CoDz, I don't have adds or any of that, some members donate, but that is not even close to what someone could make if they really wanted to milk it . I am in it for the community, always have, since day one and will always be.

Also to piggy back and take advantage of gknova6 like they did to publicize their band was ridiculous. Now I have been quiet about all this, and just ignoring this because I don't want any wars or arguments or any of that, but I feel like something should be said. Now I am all for the past is the past, and as long as no hoaxes and lies are being spread then I am happy. I don't see why sites can't work together. We all love zombies here, we love playing the game.

Why does it have to be so rival this and politics that. I mean I wish people would just let things go, I notice still some members either instigate the issue, or just keep the candle lit. I say blow out the candle and buy a light bulb. Come on now people. Yes they created hoaxes and lied and what not, but that is not our problem, do they get invited to Treyarch events? No. Do they have Treyarch people watching their site like us? sure, probably because they have to. This is not some kind of contest, that defeats the whole purpose of a community, I am trying to bring zombie lovers together, with no issues just the passion for zombies and all it has to offer.

This forum has never been the same ever since the gknova6 hoaxes plagued us. Ever since then I feel like I have been fighting a battle to regain what we lost. I feel that we are in a great place now, I just wish some members would just drop it, like its not that hard, but some people just continue to say things or do things to re-ignite the fire and it really bothers me.

I think that is all that I have to say on the matter.

/rant

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I kind of started this today.

I've been talking to Benn recently (In fact I am in their skype call right now) and He has mentioned why can't we build bridges? We have the brains, they have the artistic ability to present anything in an amazing manner.

Today, I saw a CoDz member tweet at @twodownmusic in what seemed like flaming. as it turns out, it was from a tweet from june. I saw this after I posted some things about it, After Elena seigman saw it, After I could have prevented it by deleting the tweet.

I have put my guns down, I have been talking to PTG. I made a thread regarding the issue last week.

Why can't we try and connect the two? As long as they don't lie and deceive, I think everything can be fine...

CoDz people doing the flaming, PTG has told me who you are. so seriously, just be chill.

jRuVFsX7IQI

why cant we all just grow up?

this whole "flamewar" is over a god damn video game, there are more important issues in the world that we human's should be dealing with, not fighting over who stole who's theory's and who dose not like this person's ideas.

i joined CODZ because i loved the mystery of the zombie-verse, i joined a group of mature, well thinking people who like to discuss there well thought and proper ideas with the community.

Now this site has become more of a spam fest, due to the lack of janitor work, and the factor of black ops.

I was never really in depth over this. Since I have little to no history on this topic, I could never really do anything to quiet the storm.

I am always glad to see members standing up for this site, but some may have taken it too far over the past year.

I really never paid much attention to this whole topic after the release of Black Ops. I just remember all of the shenanigans during the Summer of 2010. (I won't get into that)

I am actually talking to Benn and company right now. We have been talking and between us, we have reached a mutual relationship. I just wish other members could put it behind them as well.

i say any attack in any form towards either site, the user should in no way continue to be affiliated with any of the sites.

Life's to short for stuff like this. If someone is bothering you, don't continue to associate or interact with them, just move on and ignore them. There is no point in flaming and trolling except to prove just how immature and ignorant you are that you are willing to pick a fight over practically nothing and go to any lengths just to argue, troll and flame. It's been almost a year since most of this between PTG and CODz has gone down, am I right? Isn't it a bit long to be trolling? It will be better for everyone once people can just let things die down.

Peace 8-)

EDIT: I just wanted to point out that this isn't directed at anyone in particular. Just me kinda ranting a little.

I felt like I was reading a martin luther king speech or something :)

But as for me I started ignoring PTG and played some nice clear minded black ops zombies, but I think it's awesome that you started talking to benn and taking some action, hopefully the stop making up lies :| but I'm happy that 90% of all CoDz users are mature so they will probably accept it :)

And if the do make up lies we will do the thing we are best at

finding easter eggs, solving puzzles, research, and finding the hidden in all we are given. We are a devoted group of conspiracy theorists and zombie zealots alike

Regards Yellow-card8

I have to say, they really screwwed me over last year. To think how close I was to leaving CoDz still makes me shivver. But in the end it's just a game. I really, generally am past that and look forward to working with them. Now maybe things will go back to the way they were before BO, when working on the story was a collective effort.

Finally we can put this behind us, in the last 6 months i've became really close to PTG and Ben, infact im a director on their youtube account......and i still really love this site to, and am almost constantly on it, and sometimes it gets kinda awkward when everyone's hating something you're appart of and someone you're close to :S

So true Carbon, I followed this site since der riese and listened to all the theories and the story and was amazed by the effort and creativity to produce an awesome story. I finally joined after the GKNOVA6 conspiracy began and I realized like you said, the community was kind of torn apart. As a result, I don't think we have figured out everything there is to Black Ops. We need to work together to figure out more of the story. Pretty much, we have a bunch of puzzle pieces or bits of information we have figured out, but we haven't put them together to see the full picture.

I knew about the site, then the whole GKNOVA6 viral started. I joined IMMEDIATELY. But I was corrupted by the "hoax" and I was a full sucker. I was even telling my friends that "Henry Laugham is gonna be in campaign, just you wait!" Before release, and I got made fun off shortly after. I really don't care anymore, but I agree with every word carbon typed. P3ALwKeSEYs

I'm really glad you guys can find it in yourselves to put all that stuff behind you and step back to look at the big picture. This is about zombies and zombies only. And Carbon you sound like a legit guy. Your modest and humble and your site is one of the best in existance. I'll be coming here just as much when zombies dies down after Rezurrection and posting theories just like I always do. You doing this for free makes you an even better person. I always hoped you guys would squash the beef because I watch their videos and come to this site often because of the content you all have. Now if we could only end the console wars between XBOX and PS...lol jk...but seriously though lol

Good good. I agree that PTG & TD have very nice artistic abilities, and I think that's the main reason people fell for the hoax. Because it was so professional and believable. Now if we could combine our knowledge of the true Zombies Story and their professional media creation, it'd be a great asset for Zombie lovers everywhere. A place where people can find solid facts put into fun, easy to understand videos. That'd be great!

I'm gonna be completely honest...since RADAUSTIN27 moved to PTG he personally said to me that PTG.co has NOTHING to do with HL...i liked that.....

The fact that we are building a truce makes me veryyyyyy happy.....We are arguably the two biggest forces in zombies....we work together somewhat and we have one epic zombie slaying team....

Here's to hoping that PTG and CoDz can respect each other once again.

Just wonderin, why dont people from Treyarch join the site, like Josh Olin. You are friends with him, and he doesnt have an account. I know some people like JuggaJugga, MaTtKs, Paulo have joined but they never post.

CosmicSilverBack was online here in the last 48 hours. They are watching us...

Regards Alpha.

I wasn't here for the entire thang with Gknova but when I joined I still saw some posts about it. It kind of actually made me wanna stay from Ptg completely...but I saw some of their videos and I got hooked. I'm subscribed to Ptg but that doesn't mean I poop on Codz. Lets get along now :D

Exactly....I joined really smack in the beginning....I subbed to them mainly because RAD joined them but they are very good players with theories just like us...I even PM'd them on Youtube on my take and apologies etc. because i think i was one of the flamers I don't remember :lol:

I really don't want to start a flame war but their Game Over custom song was pretty good *scared*

I wasn't here for the entire thang with Gknova but when I joined I still saw some posts about it. It kind of actually made me wanna stay from Ptg completely...but I saw some of their videos and I got hooked. I'm subscribed to Ptg but that doesn't mean I poop on Codz. Lets get along now :D

Exactly....I joined really smack in the beginning....I subbed to them mainly because RAD joined them but they are very good players with theories just like us...I even PM'd them on Youtube on my take and apologies etc. because i think i was one of the flamers I don't remember :lol:

I really don't want to start a flame war but their Game Over custom song was pretty good *scared*

*looks side to side* I liked the song too....