Bad choice, Treyarch.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lulz, Im not a CoD fan, IMO. I only like zombies. Im more of a battlefield fan.

All right, look, I'm sorry I was such a seven-and-a-quarter-inch dick. To each his own and to be fair, this IS a site for Zombies above all. But we wouldn't have Zombies without Call of Duty. For that matter, we wouldn't have Call of Duty without Medal of Honor, a sister series to Battlefield in that it's owned by EA. And despite Battlefield's history of using botmatches as a shitty substitute for a campaign, unlike the way Black Ops uses it as an excellent substitute for shitty multiplayer with just any creep on the other end, I've really liked their Bad Company games and BF3 looks like the shit. I mean, it just looks flat out awesome with shiny graphics as opposed to Call of Duty's shiny action.

But admit it. Your first post came off selfish as shit. You had the special edition game for free. I bought Prestige for the RC car but if I had just got the Hardened for the WAW zombie levels, I still wouldn't complain because I'm getting Moon and an update to the maps for free. If you had the standard edition you'd have a leg to stand on. A lot of people didn't like paying for multiplayer maps when they only wanted the zombie level. I didn't mind whatsoever as the botmatch combat training made me come around.

You could complain that you wanted multiplayer maps but it just seems like you're complaining about having gotten an exclusive that's no longer exclusive. Even if the exclusive part was a limited time only thing. You still got to play it early. So dude, PLEASE clarify your argument because NOBODY can be that selfish...unless maybe you're related to a Republican politician.

I agree they said the maps were going to be exclusive to hardened and prestige editions so I think they should at least let us get it like 2weeks

EARLIER than anyone.

What the Hell are you talking about? 2 weeks? No...we've had it for NINE MONTHS longer than everyone else. And now, free or not, everyone gets Moon. And the people with standard still have to pay for it. Exclusivity still applies but why do you even care?

Ok, rant start. Did you REALLY just do that Treyarch? I'm fine with it being a zombie map pack... But the CLASSIC maps? That's the only reason I got the prestige edition, because there were no hardened left, and I wanted the revamped maps. And you know how many free maps your giving away? Half of the community already has the maps due to gameshare, and you just gave them another one. I honestly think you lost a fan-boy here, because: 1. It said EXCLUSIVE TO THESE EDITIONS ON THE HARDENED AND PRESTIGE BOXES AND ADVERTISMENTS. Quote:
The "Prestige Edition" includes the full game, a collector's medal and display case, four additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game, a special outfit for PlayStation Home avatars, and a real-life version of the in-game RC killstreak car, which can send audio and video to a transmitter up to 200 feet away.
The same description comes with the Hardened edition as well. 2.Activision did this BECAUSE of CoDz. Well, not just, but forums like this too. Everyone is always complaining, "GAMESHARE TEH MAPZ W/ MEH, PL0X !11!one!!1" I'm very disappointed in Activision as a company, and Treyarch as a developer. They should have at least compansated us more as well, with 3 more maps for free. Or something like that, I mean, a soundtrack and a theme? I know one thing, they better be worth more than five dollars each, because thats how much a zombies map costs in a map pack. I'm sorry... :facepalm: I have to agree with whiteboy on this one... :ugeek: = Gypsie Fruitcake. I know I'm gonna be flamed, but come at me. I'll try to comeback at you with a highly logical counter opposition onto why I think my point of views are correct. And mods... Dont lock it, no matter what.

Game makers do this sort of thing frequently, example; In Homefront, if you pre-ordered, you got the 870 Express Shotgun as a bonus, exclusive to the pre-order! The gun is now available for download. Unfortunately (well, fortunately for me :P), this is a way for game makers to entice people to buy the "Hardened" or "Prestige" editions of games, full well knowing they will release some or all of the exclusive content down the road. Besides, in the quote you provided from 3arc, it just says "four additional co=op maps not included in the standard edition", not "ZOMG GET THESE MAPS NOW OR YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE!! MWAAAHAHAHAHA".

Besides, while understandably a bit ticked, I would think people would be happy these maps are being re-re-released. It'll open the maps up to all of the Zombie fan base, not just those that could afford the original package or those that have since the launch gotten into Zombies. Better games, more players, more discoveries (if any are to be made, more people will help the chances); all in all, a good deal.

Ok, rant start. Did you REALLY just do that Treyarch? I'm fine with it being a zombie map pack... But the CLASSIC maps? That's the only reason I got the prestige edition, because there were no hardened left, and I wanted the revamped maps. And you know how many free maps your giving away? Half of the community already has the maps due to gameshare, and you just gave them another one. I honestly think you lost a fan-boy here, because: 1. It said EXCLUSIVE TO THESE EDITIONS ON THE HARDENED AND PRESTIGE BOXES AND ADVERTISMENTS. Quote:
The "Prestige Edition" includes the full game, a collector's medal and display case, four additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game, a special outfit for PlayStation Home avatars, and a real-life version of the in-game RC killstreak car, which can send audio and video to a transmitter up to 200 feet away.
The same description comes with the Hardened edition as well. 2.Activision did this BECAUSE of CoDz. Well, not just, but forums like this too. Everyone is always complaining, "GAMESHARE TEH MAPZ W/ MEH, PL0X !11!one!!1" I'm very disappointed in Activision as a company, and Treyarch as a developer. They should have at least compansated us more as well, with 3 more maps for free. Or something like that, I mean, a soundtrack and a theme? I know one thing, they better be worth more than five dollars each, because thats how much a zombies map costs in a map pack. I'm sorry... :facepalm: I have to agree with whiteboy on this one... :ugeek: = Gypsie Fruitcake. I know I'm gonna be flamed, but come at me. I'll try to comeback at you with a highly logical counter opposition onto why I think my point of views are correct. And mods... Dont lock it, no matter what.

Game makers do this sort of thing frequently, example; In Homefront, if you pre-ordered, you got the 870 Express Shotgun as a bonus, exclusive to the pre-order! The gun is now available for download. Unfortunately (well, fortunately for me :P), this is a way for game makers to entice people to buy the "Hardened" or "Prestige" editions of games, full well knowing they will release some or all of the exclusive content down the road. Besides, in the quote you provided from 3arc, it just says "four additional co=op maps not included in the standard edition", not "ZOMG GET THESE MAPS NOW OR YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE!! MWAAAHAHAHAHA".

Besides, while understandably a bit ticked, I would think people would be happy these maps are being re-re-released. It'll open the maps up to all of the Zombie fan base, not just those that could afford the original package or those that have since the launch gotten into Zombies. Better games, more players, more discoveries (if any are to be made, more people will help the chances); all in all, a good deal.

Yeah, but I just remember going on activisions forums, and seeing a thread asking if they will ever be released in a map pack... They said NO. + Ive seen tweets from JD, saying they wont be re-released, and an email from activision stating the same thing. Don't get me wrong, IM EXTREMELY HAPPY FOR YOU ALL(Sarcasm) But, also pissed for my friends who bought the codes for like 60 bucks on ebay, and for myself for being fooled by this new "Timed Exclusive" Shit. This is why PC games like "Team Fortress 2" will always be better, competitive multiplayer wise... Like if you preorder, or buy a special edition of the game on steam, some times youll get an item for TF2. Most of the time, those items will have a extremely special color/ranked name, and will be worth alot. But valve releases the same items here, just different, about a week after they come out. Why couldnt this have happened to us? WE got the new Der Riese, but they got the original. Or at least, I was hoping the WaW guns would be in the classic mappack, but nope.avi.

Personally, I'm glad they're re-releasing the maps. My friends never played W@W so the classic maps will be a nice surprise and new experience for them. I already have hardened edition on Xbox 360 so it's nice to get this map pack, theme and soundtrack for free on that console. I'll just need to buy it on PS3 when it arrives in September as all my friends play on PS3. =\

Look, 4 maps existent, no work, release them in a DLC, earn 10+ or whatever million. They dont give a shit on exclusiveness or whatever. They only care about money.

Since the french revolution tells us equality, the whole hardened/prestige idea was wrong anyway, but it is also wrong to break the exclusiveness promise. But $$$'s pwn the world, so what u wanna do.

Buy a frisbee for $10, and have more fun with it then with the fucking console / PC games.

PS: There is no DLC's for frisbees.

Yeah, but I just remember going on activisions forums, and seeing a thread asking if they will ever be released in a map pack... They said NO. + Ive seen tweets from JD, saying they wont be re-released, and an email from activision stating the same thing.

Actually, if I remember correctly JD made a tweet in about November, saying that the maps would be released as DLC "in a couple of months". Obviously it took a lot longer than that, but there was definately indicaton that they would be released at some point.

• 1 month later...

Felt I should key in on this. Read through the first page and last two pages. Seems like some people came off more rude than they wanted, or were misinterpreted as another tried to add emotion to the text.

Basically, if you ever dealt with Activision you would have known they were going to release it because it means money. Especially when it comes to the mainstream Call of Duty game. So basically, if you bought an overpriced code for the classic maps, that was your own impatience. Although I feel you, since I highly considered getting one off eBay.

Also, to counter your statement, you basically paid to get them earlier, plus a bonus medal, in the hardened version. Yes, they weren't included in the normal game, so that's why those who didn't buy the hardened version have to pay for it, except we don't get the stuff that comes in the Hardened version.

Now, if you paid for the Prestige JUST for the Classic maps, I suggest taking a step back and instead of complaining on how unfair it is and consider the priorities of Gaming in your life and consider all options available, such as "Its not worth the Prestige amount just for four maps. Maybe they'll release them later."

So, in general, learn from this mistake if you bought the code seperate or are unsatisfied with wjat you got in the Hardened edition and next time, when Iron Wolf or whatever the name will be, comes out to not buy it if It comes with extremely popular maps. Wait the year for the dlc to become public. And throughout this entire speech, I do not intend to attack anyone or their beliefs; just to give advice and help people avoid being bashed on relentlessly.

I can honestly say I'm disappointed. The thread creator has been here for a year, from his blue colored name, and yet he fails to understand that zombies has become bigger and better than we ever would have imagined.

Think about this, with MW2, you got CoD 2 which was pretty cool but it wasn't a HUGE fuss.

The only reason this has become a point of contention, is because zombies is almost as popular as the MP and people want to see the older maps. Treyarch decided to please the public, yes. But who are you to say how much your prestige edition is worth? No one cares about the RC car and avatar? Okay, but they're products worth money.

Plus you get a metal case. Sure it was, what, $100? But that's what you had to buy since you didn't have an option.

Look. Your point would have started intellectual discussion and talk about business, etc. IF you had come forward respectful and with a well-developed argument with logic. Furthermore, you had a chance to redeem yourself, apologize and say that you were ranting, sorry, etc.

BUT then you threw yourself a pity party. Hey, I'm not hating or flaming you. I just want to let you know that you screwed yourself from the beginning with a weak and pointed argument that makes everyone antagonize you no matter what, just because of the language you used.