Bad choice, Treyarch.

I'm kind of saddened at the existence of this thread...

This kind of thing is nothing new... games companies do this all the time.

A new blockbuster game is released with a standard edition and also a deluxe edition that has a bit of DLC and a crappy book that you will never read and maybe some stickers or some shit...

You convince yourself that you really need the DLC so you pay an extra £20/$20. You are happy with things until you realise you can get the DLC separately and feel cheated. But you're not, you bought the hole package with all its crappy books and shitty stickers, you didn't by an exclusive right to the DLC.

The hardened edition and prestige editions were only a limited run, and they get bought up quickly, a lot of them go to people who imediately try to sell them on at an inflated price. How is it fair that people who missed out on a hardened edition or didn't have the stupid money needed to buy the prestige edition have no option to get the classic maps. Since Black Ops has been released people have been desperate to get the classic maps I myself one of them. Treyarch listen to the fans and are trying to give them what they want, they care about the fans so much that they are even trying to do something for the people who bought the special editions, even though they don't have to and almost all other companies wouldn't in this situation.

You say that you would buy the DLC to support the developers, but really what you have done by creating this thread is give them a big slap in the face. They've tried to do something for you, and you've just told them to f*ck off... and thrown it right back in their faces.

I used to have a lot of respect for you TheOnlyShapeshifter but with this thread you have just lost a lot of it...

Comments like you bought the prestige just for the classic maps, but you don't like the classic maps because they are crap, and that you don't want the new "FREE" map because it looks crap, just make you look like a spoilt child.

I'm not wanting to get into an argument over this, I just hope you can read over what you've said and understand what people are saying.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with CJ. Plus, Superhands, you could honestly just play WaW PC, and MAKE all these new wonder weapons, DOWNLOAD the Black Ops weapons for WaW Classic maps, MAKE maps that will never be released to console, and you could just recreate the new black ops maps and perks if you wanted to. Don't think so? Look up the portal 2 collab. Portal 2 was practically made before portal 2 even came out. PC has NO right to complain, or whine, because they got the best services. PLUS you got the WaW map packs for free...... :|

But as I've already said, there are hardly any servers on W@W anymore, so what's the point in having all of these features if you can't play with anyone?

well whatever its all opinions anyway nobodys seeing the facts. this site used to be good and somewhat still is but people used to do a google search about zombies and get directed to this site and find useful information then decide to stay. now they do a search and its just immature people calling each other names and they look elsewhere this site is just like the world its a good place but the people give it a bad name.

I think the hardened/prestige edition owners should be happy that they can have someone to play it with finaly. I know two people with them and there DYING to have someone else to play them with.

HERE HERE!!!!

My biggest problem is that it seems like all the people who bought hardened for ps3 were little kids who just want to find glitches!!!

well whatever its all opinions anyway nobodys seeing the facts. this site used to be good and somewhat still is but people used to do a google search about zombies and get directed to this site and find useful information then decide to stay. now they do a search and its just immature people calling each other names and they look elsewhere this site is just like the world its a good place but the people give it a bad name.

I totally agree with you there, but this thread is also the kind of thing that would turn people away.

The vast majority of codz members and indeed zombie players don't have the classic maps so a post saying that as we didn't get hardened then we don't deserve the classic maps isn't going to go down well.

Ok, rant start. Did you REALLY just do that Treyarch? I'm fine with it being a zombie map pack... But the CLASSIC maps? That's the only reason I got the prestige edition, because there were no hardened left, and I wanted the revamped maps. And you know how many free maps your giving away? Half of the community already has the maps due to gameshare, and you just gave them another one. I honestly think you lost a fan-boy here, because: 1. It said EXCLUSIVE TO THESE EDITIONS ON THE HARDENED AND PRESTIGE BOXES AND ADVERTISMENTS. Quote:
The "Prestige Edition" includes the full game, a collector's medal and display case, four additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game, a special outfit for PlayStation Home avatars, and a real-life version of the in-game RC killstreak car, which can send audio and video to a transmitter up to 200 feet away.
The same description comes with the Hardened edition as well. 2.Activision did this BECAUSE of CoDz. Well, not just, but forums like this too. Everyone is always complaining, "GAMESHARE TEH MAPZ W/ MEH, PL0X !11!one!!1" I'm very disappointed in Activision as a company, and Treyarch as a developer. They should have at least compansated us more as well, with 3 more maps for free. Or something like that, I mean, a soundtrack and a theme? I know one thing, they better be worth more than five dollars each, because thats how much a zombies map costs in a map pack. I'm sorry... :facepalm: I have to agree with whiteboy on this one... :ugeek: = Gypsie Fruitcake. I know I'm gonna be flamed, but come at me. I'll try to comeback at you with a highly logical counter opposition onto why I think my point of views are correct. And mods... Dont lock it, no matter what.

You do realize that if you bought the Hardened or Prestige Edition you DON'T have to pay for the Pack? So by buying either one, you're technically getting 5 FREE ZOMBIE MAPS. Unlike the rest of us, who will have to pay for them.

HAHA wow, just wow...

Are you honestly THAT ignorantly surprised? Who knows, I see as a gift for everyone being supportive in the zombies community and to Treyarch. Either, because Moon is the last map, or simply because MW3 is here to pick up the fame once more, or both. So, they rewarded the zombies fans with what they wanted, and those who DID get the special edition basically get their money worth and get the new map for free...

HAHA wow, just wow...

Are you honestly THAT ignorantly surprised? Who knows, I see as a gift for everyone being supportive in the zombies community and to Treyarch. Either, because Moon is the last map, or simply because MW3 is here to pick up the fame once more, or both. So, they rewarded the zombies fans with what they wanted, and those who DID get the special edition basically get their money worth and get the new map for free...

Eh. MW3 will be trash.

HAHA wow, just wow...

Eh. MW3 will be trash.

Just like you said moon would be trash. I think moon is gonna be great, dont make assumptions about things you dont really know about yet untill you actually had a chance to see them, like another person on this thread said, your judging it by a few screen shots. I don't understand why this thead isn't locked.

I don't see how there can be any hate towards Treyarch for releasing these maps. I for one bought the Prestiege edition and am extremely glad they are being released for everyone. Unless I just have that bad of luck, I have run into only snotty children who their parents bought it for them to play and with their attitude and unwillingness to work as a team really sucks the life out of those maps really fast. With the old maps out I can actually have a chance of enjoying these maps again with the community I like playing a game with or my buddies accross town without everyone crowding my sofa.

They dont have to give us anything to the people who bought the special editions for what we already purchased but they are. To me, that shows that they actually do care about their community who play their games unlike many game studios. If you don't like their free gift that they are giving you for buying the expensive version of the game that that is your opinion. Come next year I'll be first in-line for Black Ops 2 or whatever Treyarch has coming at us because developers who seem to actually care about the fan base are too hard to come by these days.

I paid £40 for the classic maps alone. I bought them on ebay. That's around 70usd. I should be really peeved, but I'm not. I am actually chuffed that i can play all my friends, plus i now get all these extra's for free! Even though my total black ops spends is quite high now. £45 game, £40 for the cmp, £10 first strike, £10 escalation, £10 annihilation, that's a total of £115 . . . Wow, 115 that's amazing, i just noticed that. All cos i love the zombies!

P.s. That's just short of 200 us bucks!

I do not understand why people keep saying that if you got the Hardened/Prestige editions, you get MP4/Rezurrection for free. Think about what you are saying for a second, people who bought the hardened/Prestige editions Technically already bought MP4/Rezurrection as you dished out that extra money to get the exclusive maps so please explain to me how MP4/Rezurrection is free?

I am very happy with Treyarch's decision to bring the old maps back because now I have people to play with instead of seeing about maybe 100 people playing the classic zombies lobbies.

Ok. So not exactly free. But still free in the sense that i won't be paying again.

I am also chuffed that all those selling their hardened issued classic codes on ebay for extortionate prices now have to suck it up. They had me for 40, many others for much more all because we thought they were totally exclusive.

If i was peeved by anything it would be myself for spending more than i needed to, as if I'd known I'd have waited and saved 75%. But i am more pleased that the maps are to be shared, and i get moon and soundtrack etc., than i am upset by spending the money.

That's all I'm saying, that the pros far outweigh the cons.

HAHA wow, just wow...

Eh. MW3 will be trash.

You know what?

Get. The fuck. Out.

You're not a Call of Duty fan. You've shit on everything in the foreseeable future from both core developers. I don't care if Activision is milking the cow because that's just what greedy publishers do.

You got a special edition game for free, and because Treyarch is giving more free shit to anybody with a special edition, you're shitting on them? Go play Battlefield. Do some community service. Get cancer. Kill yourself. Hell, I don't care what you do. But every time you open your mouth you turn our beloved forum into a sewer. I'm ashamed for you. If I was a moderator, you'd be long-since banned.

Complaining is one thing. I hate the way zombie levels are structured. Left 4 Dead does it better. But I don't accuse Treyarch of screwing us.

So again, just to reiterate...

HAHA wow, just wow...

Eh. MW3 will be trash.

You know what?

Get. The fuck. Out.

You're not a Call of Duty fan. You've shit on everything in the foreseeable future from both core developers. I don't care if Activision is milking the cow because that's just what greedy publishers do.

You got a special edition game for free, and because Treyarch is giving more free shit to anybody with a special edition, you're shitting on them? Go play Battlefield. Do some community service. Get cancer. Kill yourself. Hell, I don't care what you do. But every time you open your mouth you turn our beloved forum into a sewer. I'm ashamed for you. If I was a moderator, you'd be long-since banned.

Complaining is one thing. I hate the way zombie levels are structured. Left 4 Dead does it better. But I don't accuse Treyarch of screwing us.

What? MW3 WILL be trash. At least for PC, thats basicly a guarentee.

Oh, well if it's just PC then no big deal. I miss mods and cutting edge graphics, but a combination of having to constantly upgrade to meet system requirements, long installation, having to put the whole game on your hard drive, unexpected, unexplained and uncorrectable errors, fascist DRM, a control scheme that doesn't lend itself at all to first person shooters or any other game that requires reflexes, and the fact that any other program that opens itself up can just totally come in fuck up your whole unsaved game at any time like a cat jumping up on your table while you're building a house of cards ensure that PC gaming has been dead to me for the last seven years anyway. The REAL crime is when good PC games like NecroVisioN and StarCraft 2 don't get console ports. If Wolfenstein and Halo Wars can do it, NecroVisioN and StarCraft 2 can too. Don't get me wrong...I WISH I had a modern PC, but...well, maybe I can afford one IF I get that sweet government job.

But you gotta admit, this guy has done nothing but cry about getting free stuff to go with the free stuff he already has. Oh, hey...you're that guy who did all the quotes and put 'em on youtube. Hey, I really like your work, man - you've really simplified the life of every obsessive compulsive nerd like myself on here.

I think the map pack was an okay idea, not a great idea, but an okay idea. What some people don't realize is that there is about half a million people still playing multiplayer consistently, and about thirty to ninety thousand people on Zombies. So there is still a larger amount of players in multiplayer, contrary to popular belief. But since they did do an entire Zombies pack I would of preferred to see at least three brand new Zombie maps rather than the revamped maps. I mean its cool that they brought those classic maps to a larger audience but i would have rather seen it in a bundle later like they did in W@W, and not release it as a stand alone Map pack.

Also i would like to say that I'm a bit dissapointed by treyarchs weapon selection in some of the more recent Zombie maps. Is it so much to ask of them to add an Ak 47, an M60, Skoprion, or the Mac 11. The wonder weapons are great and all but some variety in the other weapons would be greatly appreciated. I hope that the moon map will change this trend.

I think the map pack was an okay idea, not a great idea, but an okay idea. What some people don't realize is that there is about half a million people still playing multiplayer consistently, and about thirty to ninety thousand people on Zombies. So there is still a larger amount of players in multiplayer, contrary to popular belief. But since they did do an entire Zombies pack I would of preferred to see at least three brand new Zombie maps rather than the revamped maps. I mean its cool that they brought those classic maps to a larger audience but i would have rather seen it in a bundle later like they did in W@W, and not release it as a stand alone Map pack.

Also i would like to say that I'm a bit dissapointed by treyarchs weapon selection in some of the more recent Zombie maps. Is it so much to ask of them to add an Ak 47, an M60, Skoprion, or the Mac 11. The wonder weapons are great and all but some variety in the other weapons would be greatly appreciated. I hope that the moon map will change this trend.

I gotta disagree with you there. I just checked—there are currently 568,438 people online on Zombies.

That's a lot more than 30,000. :) Zombies is just as important to Treyarch as multiplayer is. And everyone knows it. I say they start dropping 3 multiplayer maps and two zombies maps on the dlc's. They could do it. Especially if this dlc sells well.

I gotta disagree with you there. I just checked—there are currently 568,438 people online on Zombies.

That's a lot more than 30,000. :) Zombies is just as important to Treyarch as multiplayer is. And everyone knows it. I say they start dropping 3 multiplayer maps and two zombies maps on the dlc's. They could do it. Especially if this dlc sells well.

Actaully its about 26,000 in Zombies, and 505,000 In multiplayer overall including zombies.

HAHA wow, just wow...

Eh. MW3 will be trash.

You know what?

Get. The fuck. Out.

lulz, Im not a CoD fan, IMO. I only like zombies. Im more of a battlefield fan.

I only looked at the third page of this thread and it looks like some pretty nasty shit went down. you got an exclusivity period 10 months, you got something that others did not get, and you now get a new map for free. i dont see how thats bad at all.

TheOnlyShapeShifter

Looks like you....

*Puts on sunglasses*

Tried to whine about how you got Hardened for Free and are getting map pack 4 for nothing!

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Wait a minute, it shouldn't be YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! He was trying to say others don't deserve the Classics, if that's the case then it should be WHHHYYYYY! DID!!! YOU!!! SAY!!! THAT!!!

*Takes sunglasses off*

All in a nights reply ;)

People, Look at it this way. This map pack is showing us that they are REALLY listening to what we want and not just ignoring what we are asking. It's awesome that the people that own the original classics will get the map packs for free. Think about it. How much additional money was it to get the hardened from the original. Isn't that almost the same as how much the DLC will cost? Just my personal thought out there as it really does make me happy that they are listening to us and making this fair.

PS: To all the people that bought the classic maps from another place other than the Hardened or Prestige edition. You brought it to yourself to buy it at that price rather than waiting for it. Not to flame or cause drama.

PSS: To the people that just bought the Prestige edition for the map. Why not show that RC car some love as it was collecting dust since the last time you bought it :D