Max Ammos from Wunderwaffe kills

Electrified zombies definitely have a much larger chance of dropping max ammos, if you've got your full train then just stab George and let him get pissed off. Once you see the electricity around the zombies just shoot your Scav/WW and you should get a max ammo. I once got 2 max ammos from one scavenger shot :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Electrified zombies definitely have a much larger chance of dropping max ammos, if you've got your full train then just stab George and let him get pissed off. Once you see the electricity around the zombies just shoot your Scav/WW and you should get a max ammo. I once got 2 max ammos from one scavenger shot :)

Right then. [brains]

/thread :)

Electrified zombies drop Max Ammo. If you have like 5 crawlers after a round, get george to electrify them. Pro Tip: run George angry, all game, behind someone in the lighthouse, he keeps electrifying zombies, lots of max ammo-saves money, and no one else worries about george, ever. Plus if you're using the Scavenger, you kill george and get a new perk every two rounds, so if someone drops and loses their perks they immediately start back on track to 7. only problem is what to do on rounds w/o George, you still need ammo then, but I guess thats why 3arc put in the Vrill.

I tried this last night after reading these post and i was not able to get any drops from electrified zombies using regular weapons. Though I only tried it for the first 4 rounds.

But in the later rounds, I got the scavenger, upgraded it, made Romero go away and he dropped off the Wunderwaffe. So i pissed Romero off when he came back and got some electrified zombies. Lo and behold 2 max ammos drop off.

So yeah it definitely works.

I've had this happen too (With Scavenger and WunderWaffe DG2). I kinda just assmumed that there was an "anavoidable" Max Ammo every 4 or 5 rounds or something, to compensate for the lack of Boss round or something. It made sense to me at the time. I used to think the ThunderGun never had drops, but I've had that drop one Max Ammo on one occasion, and a Nuke on another occasion (never had another one again).

Good to see that someone found some sort of order behind that chaos though. If it is the electrified zombies that drop the power ups, than I am just lucky enough to get the drop right when my ammo is just about empty every time XD.

Oh, and I know this isnt the Ascension board, but what about the thing with the Thundergun? I KNOW the Thundergun doesnt have drops!

Oh, and I know this isnt the Ascension board, but what about the thing with the Thundergun? I KNOW the Thundergun doesnt have drops!

Are you shooting any other gun at them before the thundergun?

For example - unload a clip or two of MP5K into the horde - switch to thundergun and blast them all away.

This is the only way i know of getting drops from the thundergun, because you've used a normal gun to damage them first.

• 2 weeks later...

Drops are based on points, after every collective 2000 points you get a drop. This is modified by a 1.14 multiplier every round. While the Thundergun and Wunderwaffle cannot give you drops, the points they give you count towards that modified 2000. When you shot George, you must have triggered a flaw in the programming since you get 10 points when you shoot George.

Killing George activates in the game script to permit you to get drops. Since you killed all zombies with the Wunderwaff and shot George at the same time, the game scripts must have crossed over.

Just a theory though.

Drops are based on points, after every collective 2000 points you get a drop. This is modified by a 1.14 multiplier every round. While the Thundergun and Wunderwaffle cannot give you drops, the points they give you count towards that modified 2000. When you shot George, you must have triggered a flaw in the programming since you get 10 points when you shoot George.

Killing George activates in the game script to permit you to get drops. Since you killed all zombies with the Wunderwaff and shot George at the same time, the game scripts must have crossed over.

Just a theory though.

I'm going to test figures you gave on drops but from a gut feeling I think they are pretty spot on. Is this something you have tested, read about or discovered from looking at coding?

Do you know if it's the bare minimum required by the game, ie, after 2000 points have been collected a drop has to come but can also come before that is collected?

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet with lots and lots of game data.

Just a theory though.

I'm going to test figures you gave on drops but from a gut feeling I think they are pretty spot on. Is this something you have tested, read about or discovered from looking at coding?

Do you know if it's the bare minimum required by the game, ie, after 2000 points have been collected a drop has to come but can also come before that is collected?

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet with lots and lots of game data.

I interpreted this from a great website shown to me by a friend.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cg ... hread=2555

This has so much zombies info. That spreadsheet will be easily completed with this site. Also, I'm writing a full and large guide for zombies with tons of info. I could use the help and data you're putting together. You might want to PM me if you wanna talk details.

• 4 weeks later...

Before I didnt' think this was possible, but I recently had a max ammo drop from shooting a DG-2. I recorded it, but haven't uploaded it anywhere yet. I can't remember if any of my zombies were electrified or not. But I do know my zombies weren't anywhere around water. When it happened, I unleashed two shots into the train of zombies. The second shot is the one that produced a max ammo.

• 4 months later...

I just did a solo run of Call of the Dead (sorry for the thread rezurreckt), and I can confirm you can get drops from using the Scavenger and Wunderwaffe, but only when George is involved.

However, I am not 100% convinced it is just being electrified that does it, I think it has something to do with being electrified and a sprinting zombie. With just electricity, I did not get any drops, but once I let him piss off a few the max ammo showed up

I also noticed that when I had my wunderwaffe, I had an abnormally high drop rate when flopping. In the upper 30's I was flopping outside the lighthouse with just a few shots left, since an entire spawn will get killed at the same time like this (after many flops) I was shocked to see 3 power-ups all clumped together, with a 4th dropping not very long after.

From tests I've done (must make a video of this at some point), it's basically when you're due a powerup, a shocked zombie will give you a Max Ammo from a weapon that does not normally drop powerups.

As I wrote in my Solo Zombies Survival guide, best way to do this is to gather a train, shoots George to get him mad and lead them from the AK area through Flopper, down the stairs and down the waterslide, then back to the AK area, gather them again and kill with Wunderwaffe or Scavenger.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have video proof I'm rendering right now that the waffle can drop ammo, it's the only time I have ever seen it though. The zombies were electrified too!

And here is the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPkwB6A1_C0

[brains]

I'm also gonna throw it out there that it seems to happen mostly when low on ammo.

I wanted to say that since waw, being almost out of ammo, especially if yourcharacter says something about it, seems to grant more max ammos.

The 'say too many out of ammo sayings' glitch seems to be working in Tranzit, though more testing needed.

It worked well in dr waw: get to your last magazine, fire all but 3 bullets, if your character says an out of ammo saying, keep the gun out. He should start saying more and more. Different characters reacted differently. Usually tank would say one saying, then 2, then 3, ad infinitum.

• 1 year later...

I tested this, you can get Max Ammos (and only max ammos afaik) from electrified zombies... I don't know why but the chances for a max ammo is really, really high when the zombie is running and electrified. I got 3 (yes, three) max ammos at once from a horde... crazy man. Is this intentional or some sort of bug?

Edited by ZombieProfessional
  • 1 year later...

Don't know whether this thread is still updated or not, but the Max Ammo you get from George is the replacement for Dog, Pentagon Thief, Space Monkey rounds as in, you are guaranteed a Max Ammo from George every 4-5 rounds. There is one caveat to the strategy of getting a Max Ammo however, and that is having George simply electrify zombies with his studio light, which allows them to drop drops. Another random and completely unrelated fact, electrified zombies can never be frozen by the water. The Max Ammo can be very useful in the high rounds as a Max Ammo can refill a Wunder Waffe and keep it going to allow you to kill more than 180 zombies in the 60+ rounds.

Edited by PurpleWonderWaffle115