Ok, what exactly is GkNova6?

Greenchico97

Alright this is my first time on this forum topic, I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THIS IS, i tried looking at one of the topics and didnt what anyone was talking about...So i need someone to help me figure what this whole topic is about GkNova6 what does that even stand for? sorry if im being a noob here...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:facepalm: im sorry I just love doing that, GKnova6 is multiple things, its a website that treyarch showed 2 months before Black Ops released showing stuff about zombies and before that there was other stuff, you can go to GKnova6.com or you can search on youtube I don't know why they stopped updating it, it was awesome and gave us something to think about

Regards Yellow-card8

But dude, you have "Hell is Purple" on your sig! How could you not know? :D

Gknova6 was more than just a site that gave us something to think about! I was a whole world opened to use with danger... mystery... Basically, it was an ARG about someone attempting to get us secret CIA information on MKultra, with complex codes and puzzels to solve! That was the glory days of CoDz....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

gknova6.com was (and sort of still is) a major element of the viral campaign for Black Ops. It was activated in early 2010 (2nd quarter? I forget), and with a period of time the site would update and yield new clues, hidden mostly with cryptic & steganographic methods. The final update eventually revealed a room similar to what was shown in the first reveal trailer for Black Ops, implying that this website was indeed tied to the next Call of Duty title.

Then, in late September, gknova6.com changed, revealing footage of zombies on the television screens. All these television screens would eventually be recognized as a part of the main menu for the game, thanks mostly to the leaks that erupted everywhere on YouTube. I will say another thing, though; for those who have beaten the game, do you not find something rather "symbolic" about the television screens collapsing when Mason smacks Hudson into them in the Revelations mission? I mean, we've been seeing those screens for months on end....and so, in the game, Hudson (your interrogator all along) gets smacked into them and they fall everywhere. I just find something interesting about that....but that's just me.

Anyway, getting back to the topic, gknova6.com is pretty much, at present, the preferred viral method of advertising Zombies in COD:BO. It wasn't as viral as it was before, but things like this die down prior to and after such a related game's release.