Famas to be weakened next update

Daveyjone

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing yet more realism from the game. :facepalm:

This brings a Famas down to an SMG level pretty much doesn't it? It's a load of bull that people get pissed because some guns are more powerful than others. If people can't compete against them with other weapons, then they're probably not very good at the game to be honest...

This brings a Famas down to an SMG level pretty much doesn't it? It's a load of bull that people get pissed because some guns are more powerful than others. If people can't compete against them with other weapons, then they're probably not very good at the game to be honest...

It's a thing that we gamers like to call "balance." Something you really don't understand. Have you not heard the waves of people complaining about it?

The Famas and AUG are just as effective up close as it is at long range. An assault rifle shouldn't be able to compete with an SMG up close, yet these two guns can. What you call "realistic" the entire world calls "overpowered".

How many people do you see using a Mac11 or Skorpion or PM63 compared to an AUG or Famas, or any assault rifle. They completely defeat the freakin purpose of having an SMG class. I know I've said this before, but it's true. There's no point to use any SMG over the Famas.

And you talked about mobility. All you need to do for Famas is slap on Lightweight with Dual Mags. And NOW it's an SMG that kills at long range. But if you use that on a gun like Mac11, PM63, Kiparis, Uzi, or Skorpion, you run out ammo.

Call of Duty has never been about realism. If you want a realistic war game, play Battlefield. Call of Duty is about going Rambo against hordes of enemies. Ask anybody and they'll say Cod is not about realism.

Edit: Here are some statistics to prove my point about the Famas

SMGs

40dmg X 750 RPM = 30 000 dmg/m - ak74u, mp5

30dmg X 937.5 RPM = 28 125 dmg/m - mac11, uzi, pm63, mpl, spectre, kiparis

50dmg X 750 RPM = 37 500 dmg/m - skorpion

20dmg X 750 RPM = 15 000 dmg/m - ak74u, mp5, skorpion

20dmg X 937.5 RPM = 18 750dmg/m - mac11, uzi, pm63, mpl, spectre, kiparis

ASSAULT RIFLEs

40dmg X 750 RPM = 30 000 dmg/m - ak47, commando, galil,

35dmg X 937.5 RPM = 32 812 dmg/m - famas, aug

50dmg X 650 RPM = 32 500 dmg/m - m14, fn fal

40dmg X 450 RPM = 18 000 dmg/m - m16

35dmg X 750 RPM = 26 250 dmg/m - enfield

35dmg X 525 RPM = 18 375 dmg/m - g11

30dmg X 750RPM = 22 500 dmg/m

25dmg X 937.5 RPM = 23 437dmg/m

40dmg X 650 RPM = 26 000 dmg/m

30dmg X 450 RPM = 13 500dmg/m

25dmg X 750 RPM = 15 750 dmg/m

25 dmg X 525 RPM = 13 125 dmg/m

if there is a overpowered gun in this game it is the FAMAS and the AUG, better than the SMGs in CQB and better than the 40damage assault rifles in every range

#update, if you divide those numbers by 60 you will get a dmg/s, that shows famas/aug have a 10%advantage over the 40dmg rifles

WOW How stupid could Treyarch be. You lower your stats for a gun after the games been out for freaking 8 months! Just because people bitch that the Famas is too good? Thats extremely stupid. If it's so great then learn to use it yourself, and stop complaing. People use that gun for a reason, so stop complaing because it's not your favorite weapon.

So what now? People will just bitch about the Aug being too strong after the Famas is downgraded. Then the Aug is gonna get downgraded and people will bitch about something else. It's a never ending process, and it's pretty illogical.

SMGs were way overpowered in W@W and pretty much dominated the MP, and now there's one AR that might be overpowering and everyone moans about it.

And quit talking about "balance". The SMGs are still way better in CQ. If you don't agree throw a rapid fire and grip on your 74u, and duel it out with a Famas inside a house on Nuketown, the SMG will win every time. A Famas doesnt stand a chance in long range either (compared to Snipers). It's best used in mid range combat, but not well in close and long range. Sounds pretty balanced to me.

It's a thing that we gamers like to call "balance." Something you really don't understand. Have you not heard the waves of people complaining about it?

The Famas and AUG are just as effective up close as it is at long range. An assault rifle shouldn't be able to compete with an SMG up close, yet these two guns can. What you call "realistic" the entire world calls "overpowered".

How many people do you see using a Mac11 or Skorpion or PM63 compared to an AUG or Famas, or any assault rifle. They completely defeat the freakin purpose of having an SMG class. I know I've said this before, but it's true. There's no point to use any SMG over the Famas.

And you talked about mobility. All you need to do for Famas is slap on Lightweight with Dual Mags. And NOW it's an SMG that kills at long range. But if you use that on a gun like Mac11, PM63, Kiparis, Uzi, or Skorpion, you run out ammo.

Call of Duty has never been about realism. If you want a realistic war game, play Battlefield. Call of Duty is about going Rambo against hordes of enemies. Ask anybody and they'll say Cod is not about realism.

Edit: Here are some statistics to prove my point about the Famas

SMGs

40dmg X 750 RPM = 30 000 dmg/m - ak74u, mp5

30dmg X 937.5 RPM = 28 125 dmg/m - mac11, uzi, pm63, mpl, spectre, kiparis

50dmg X 750 RPM = 37 500 dmg/m - skorpion

20dmg X 750 RPM = 15 000 dmg/m - ak74u, mp5, skorpion

20dmg X 937.5 RPM = 18 750dmg/m - mac11, uzi, pm63, mpl, spectre, kiparis

ASSAULT RIFLEs

40dmg X 750 RPM = 30 000 dmg/m - ak47, commando, galil,

35dmg X 937.5 RPM = 32 812 dmg/m - famas, aug

50dmg X 650 RPM = 32 500 dmg/m - m14, fn fal

40dmg X 450 RPM = 18 000 dmg/m - m16

35dmg X 750 RPM = 26 250 dmg/m - enfield

35dmg X 525 RPM = 18 375 dmg/m - g11

30dmg X 750RPM = 22 500 dmg/m

25dmg X 937.5 RPM = 23 437dmg/m

40dmg X 650 RPM = 26 000 dmg/m

30dmg X 450 RPM = 13 500dmg/m

25dmg X 750 RPM = 15 750 dmg/m

25 dmg X 525 RPM = 13 125 dmg/m

if there is a overpowered gun in this game it is the FAMAS and the AUG, better than the SMGs in CQB and better than the 40damage assault rifles in every range

#update, if you divide those numbers by 60 you will get a dmg/s, that shows famas/aug have a 10%advantage over the 40dmg rifles

Famas just as good as an SMG in CQ!!?? Are you fucking nuts? Gimme a 74u or Kaparis and you take the Famas and we'll do some one on one battles inside some of the buildings in MP. I guarantee I will win 90% of the time with an SMG. Give me a shotty and it's gonna win 95% of the time in CQ.

Maybe it's not the SMG at fault, but the player that's using it. Just sayin'.

It's like taking a knife to a gunfight.

That isnt a bad idea when they are up in your face and you have a ballistic knife.

So YOU'RE the dude that's always killing me with a damn Ballistic Knife when i play MP!! :lol:

I always feel so salty after getting killed by a freakin Ballistic knife.

well, realism will dissapoint many, the ak is relaible, fast firing and very powerful in real life, that is why its still used today, guns like the m16 also, shotguns are high in stopping power but dont penetrate cover, that is why they are favoured by law enforcement, snipers take one shot, then the time to relax the body from the kick, reload and aim again would make them only good for far, far away one shot, stay still, move on, sit down, aim for a long time, shoot, move etc, like they are in real life.

Balance on the other hand is everygun equal, meaning the ak will have a slow rate of fire to combat its high damage... and smgs will have low power and high fire rate... its not realistic and is not really balanced when you introduce perks and custom classes!

While they're at it, they could move the Galil to the Sniper Rifle category, because it can kill you from MILES away!

It used to have very high recoil

:facepalm: Snipers are suppose to kill you from miles away, to say the truth I think they should Highten the strength of the L96A1 because I sniper like that can't possibly get a hit marker

Regards Yellow-card8

While they're at it, they could move the Galil to the Sniper Rifle category, because it can kill you from MILES away!

It used to have very high recoil

:facepalm: Snipers are suppose to kill you from miles away, to say the truth I think they should Highten the strength of the L96A1 because I sniper like that can't possibly get a hit marker

Regards Yellow-card8

You're saying this as if you think the Galil is actually in the Sniper Rifle category, but it's in the Assualt Rifle category.

And the accuracy of a Sniper Rifle can be strongly dependent on your connection and the victim's connection, so if you both have good connection, the L96A1 can be very useful. I hate it because I always think I'm hard-scoping, when it is impossible to quick-scope in BO.

You're saying this as if you think the Galil is actually in the Sniper Rifle category, but it's in the Assualt Rifle category.

And the accuracy of a Sniper Rifle can be strongly dependent on your connection and the victim's connection, so if you both have good connection, the L96A1 can be very useful. I hate it because I always think I'm hard-scoping, when it is impossible to quick-scope in BO.

I wasn't saying that Galil was a sniper :) but I really think they should highten the strength of L96, or FMJ but maybe make it less accurate only when you hard scope (which I love Sniping :twisted: ) when someone says "HAAAARRRRRDDDD SSSSCCCCCOOOOOPPPPPE !!!!" I say "IIIITTTTSSSS AAAA SSSSNIIIIPPPERRRR DDDDUUUUMMMMBBBBAAASSSS, yea that appropriate" :lol: then they get mad and say 1 V 1 then I kick his ass because im good at QS

Regards Yellow-card8

What this is update is going to lead too: The people who like the famas are going to get mad and complain. Really, in this situation, no one is going to win. :|

Well said!

Basically, if the AUG doesn't get patched, then they'll all use that.

Actually I'm still gonna use the Famas since it's my favorite Weapon regardless if it gets patched... And i'm not complaining, As for others... well yeah your right.

Yellow-Card, The L9A6 has the most damage out of all the Snipers... It just has the worst accuracy, there's no need to increase the damage because its already powerful enough there's just the trade back of having bad accuracy. Whereas you could go with a PSG1 Sniper and have the better accuracy and have a little less or the same damage as the L9A6.

Krazy Out... 8-)

ugh why are they changing it like that? Peope are always going to find ways to control recoil, and always use SoH pro so changing those things won't change anything! They just need to nerf those kill speeds because they are superior at every range. 20-30 damage with low recoil is the answer, not changing things that will people will learn to control.