Is it worth buying COTD?

I am not sure whether to buy COTD. Mainly because people say this George ruins the game. This kinda puts me off. I love the old natch der untoten and Kino der untoten, I've spent many hours playing these levels. However, I don't really like Ascension that much. I don't know why exactly, it could be that the level seems a bit too metallic, also it is big and i much prefer the hell hounds over the monkeys. Also in Kino you can run in clear cirlces, i find it harder to do that on ascension. Kino is by far my favourite, the level design is absolutely spot on and interval dog rounds are great (for max ammo).

Kino: 44

Five: 10 - can't stand this level.

Ascension: 24 (hardly played)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really think CotD is worth it.

George does absolutely nothing as long as you don't shoot him. he's kinda like a giant crawler with legs :P

and the max ammo, it comes often i think, like every 2 rounds or so it usually appears. and when it doesn't, you usually get death machine, which also saves you some ammo.

they've brought back the Wunderwaffe DG-2.

if you really don't like George, you can get rid of him by killing him with death machine/Ray gun/Python/any PaPed Sniper rifle(the dragonuv is the best actually).

you got many escape routes for just about any place on the map.

although you need like 7500 points or so to get juggernog from the beginning.

it's a good map, i recommend you get it ; )

if you enjoy killing zombies i don't know how you couldn't get it. Cotd is a great map overall, very challenging at first. the other multiplayer maps are okay.

(damn it would suck owning black ops on ps3) sorry- but the map pack is already feeling old & they haven't even come out for ps3 yet lol :shock:

personally i love CotD. George is really the least of the worries on this map, he can be annoying occasionally, but he's more beneficial imo because of having that fairly simple way of getting an extra perk and wonderwaffe.

the bigger challenge i think getting yourself stuck in an area without an escape if your frantic, or reviving downed allies if you dont have the correct tools/guns

but overall its been well worth the money for me, jsut like every other zombies map imo

I think it's definitely worth the money. Hell, I bought the map pack just for that, I don't think I've touched the other maps but for the occasional Combat Training game with friends.

In my opinion, it seems to be carrying on the trend of continuing bigger and bigger maps. While that means more places to run circles, hold out, etc., it also means more places to have to pay to open and more places to get stuck when running circles :P I prefer maps like Kino, Der Riese, etc. The only outside map I really got into was Shino. Round 55, best I've done on any zombie map. But I digress...

Yes, it's defiantly worth it!

Thanks guys for all your input. Based on your replies, I'll certainly get the game. Will download it tonight as it is finally out for the ps3, i know most of u are xbox users and CofD may be old news to you, but hopefully tonight'll be like xmas for me! The zombies level is the only reason why I'm buying it, I have no interest in the multiplayer maps and I'm sure it'll be worth it. The only downside is I'll probably come back into work on monday morning zombiefied! Happy gaming :-)

George does absolutely nothing as long as you don't shoot him. he's kinda like a giant crawler with legs :P

So, a zombie? :lol: im in ther middle of downloading it and its 3% every 5 minutes....... :L on 48%

so actually that 3% every 5 minutes is Bull Shit..... :facepalm:

because five minutes ago it was on 47 %, and its been like 7 minutes now and its 48% still. So, apparently its worth it, and good luck with the store today anyway, after school...... AHAAH! 49% ;D, almost halfway!

Oh, and i should be at school. but ive got tonsolitus, and my mum is so nice she is giving me 15£ on the psn account *

* its not £15, its £10.49. I think ;D or £9.49.... something like that....

anyway, i think you're all sick of me now. so i'll shut up and go and rot in my bed waiting for it to finish downloading.

PSST! PSSSSSST! STILL THERE? GOOD! IT'S 50% ..... ALMOST! ...................................................NOW!

Right, im going now.... im embarrasing myself now :lol:

So, a zombie? :lol: im in ther middle of downloading it and its 3% every 5 minutes....... :L on 48%

so actually that 3% every 5 minutes is Bull Shit..... :facepalm:

because five minutes ago it was on 47 %, and its been like 7 minutes now and its 48% still. So, apparently its worth it, and good luck with the store today anyway, after school...... AHAAH! 49% ;D, almost halfway!

Oh, and i should be at school. but ive got tonsolitus, and my mum is so nice she is giving me 15£ on the psn account *

* its not £15, its £10.49. I think ;D or £9.49.... something like that....

anyway, i think you're all sick of me now. so i'll shut up and go and rot in my bed waiting for it to finish downloading.

PSST! PSSSSSST! STILL THERE? GOOD! IT'S 50% ..... ALMOST! ...................................................NOW!

Right, im going now.... im embarrasing myself now :lol:

hahahahaha, yes, a ZOMBIE! ; o how creepy isn't that!!! lol, jk

epic :L

I don't have the money anymore(Because I spent it on Candy!), but I don't know if my Dad would give the money to me if I ask. I'm really wanting to give it a shot, as if I don't, I'll be missing out. Should I ask him? He gave me it last time, but he wasn't very happy about it.

^^It's okay if you cannot afford it, someday you will be in a position to earn yourself. BTW this map is v different than all other maps. So be sure to try it at your friends or at least watch an online video before you buy this.

I've watched too many videos of it, and it definetly looks very different from other map packs. My Dad isn't the problem really. It's his GF. She's a bitch when it comes to money! lol

LMW-YBC

Tell your dad the £15 is for educational purposes. I don't think he will be impressed to learn that you want the money so you can get chased around the park by a horde of zombies, blowing their heads off with whatever weapon you can get your hands on, even if it's a sickle! Now that's just sick!

LMW-YBC

Tell your dad the £15 is for educational purposes. I don't think he will be impressed to learn that you want the money so you can get chased around the park by a horde of zombies, blowing their heads off with whatever weapon you can get your hands on, even if it's a sickle! Now that's just sick!

Actually, I need £20. I don't feel secure with credit cards.

I'll tell him my Mum paid £10 for my trip to M&D's, and that she gave me £10 worth of sweets. He's so gullible.