The Different Zombies Universes (Plus Time and Location of Each Map)

• Administrators

Who told you the "Horn of Africa"?

I've just read it around, was told about it once. I don't know where the original source is, but I'm hearing it a lot and just haven't seen any backing for it.

*cough*PTG*cough*

Aha. Well they've been right very much recently, with this egg and the last one, considering they have an inside source. However, I do want to see the evidence for the Horn of Africa, otherwise I'm sticking with Angola for now.

I am actually starting to think we stayed in 2011 from Call of the Dead onwards. Shangri-La we know is at least past 2000, it does fit (not saying it's definitely 2011). Moon, the same agenda with all this Russian tech, American tech, etc. The banner is the only thing that's doing me in, but someone could have a reasonable explanation for it.

So that way Moon/Nuketown 2011, set up a nice date of 2025+ for the Black Ops 2 maps?

According to the thread right now, Resolution 1295 is suposed to be happening during the 1900s. Now, unless 1900s means a vague 19** year reference, that would be wrong.

There would be no way that they would have mining machines like the one right in the beginning of the map during early 20th century. Pretty sure that every N4 map was suposed to simply be circa 21st century, no matter what references you see.

Now, it IS weird that there's an old west kind of small Town in an underground mining space in Africa, so right now, there might not even be a time in space in any of the maps, it might be all a complete mix of the timelines, and I think Mob of the Dead hinted really hard at that.

• Administrators

According to the thread right now, Resolution 1295 is suposed to be happening during the 1900s. Now, unless 1900s means a vague 19** year reference, that would be wrong.

There would be no way that they would have mining machines like the one right in the beginning of the map during early 20th century. Pretty sure that every N4 map was suposed to simply be circa 21st century, no matter what references you see.

Now, it IS weird that there's an old west kind of small Town in an underground mining space in Africa, so right now, there might not even be a time in space in any of the maps, it might be all a complete mix of the timelines, and I think Mob of the Dead hinted really hard at that.

I don't update the thread based on the likelihood right now, I insert minimum times as we go along until we find more information and then I make the call on whether the map is supposed to take place in the future, past, etc., but I'm still looking for more. We're only a few days into this map haha

• Administrators

I take the world maps with a grain of salt, because they showed Green Run in Southern California when it's actually in Washington. I don't know how Treyarch messes up these world maps.

I take the world maps with a grain of salt, because they showed Green Run in Southern California when it's actually in Washington. I don't know how Treyarch messes up these world maps.

I can tell you how they "mess up". They don't. It's approximation in the way the game is made. The menu screen is a 2D projection of a 3D image. You have a spinning 3D Earth with 2D icons on a plane in front of it between the model and the screen. When you spin the Earth, the icons move around on the plane. You can tell when you play the game by going back and forth between icons, you'll notice that the icons shift a bit depending on what you have selected. This is because they are simply scripted to move when the Earth moves, but it doesn't get it exactly right.

Look at the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx. Buried takes place in Giza, Egypt.

"That's enough walkin' for today" - Russman

- Mix

The intro made it clear that they walked from Die Rise to Buried. That whole scene took place on the way there. It indicates their path of travel took them from the Far East to the Middle East through Africa. On the map itself, you see it is in lower central Africa. Where exactly? See Grill's thread on why Angola. Resolution 1295 affected Angola.

Shangri-La must come AFTER acsention beacuse when you do the ee for s-l dont they see samantha at the top if the pyramid? Why go to acsebtion when they have all of Richtofens grand scheme parts? They travel from s-l to moon i hope this makes sense to someone

• Administrators

Shangri-La must come AFTER acsention beacuse when you do the ee for s-l dont they see samantha at the top if the pyramid? Why go to acsebtion when they have all of Richtofens grand scheme parts? They travel from s-l to moon i hope this makes sense to someone

Haha yeah it made sense, but it's slightly inaccurate. Shangri-La must come after Ascension, you are correct, however not for that reason. Samantha does not make an appearance until Moon, when we see her inside of the MPD, the black pyramid on that map. The reason that Shangri-La must come after Ascension is because characters directly reference the map, meaning they've been there before:

Tank Dempsey: "Ancient temples, Russian cosmodromes, being stuck in a dark closet with Richtofen. Ugh, what an adventure." - wpck_upgrade_wait_0

Takeo Masaki: "It's no Lunar Lander, but it will suffice." - vox_plr_2_mine_see_1

I like how you see the two NORMAL looking pyramids. But then that 3rd pyramid looks like one from the Shangri-La maps with Multi-levels on three tiers (Big block style)

I didn't notice that. All of the other Pyramids are still in good order, however, that is the only one that looks like its damaged.

Great eyes captinslog. Thanks!

(I really thought the Pyramids of Giza was going to be a final map)

A lot of this info is flawed from my point of view: Tranzit, Nuketown, die rise, and Buried all happen after 1996 because If the world was destroyed, why is there a poster that clearly states "1996" in die rise, the earth was destroyed all at the same time, so why is there a poster? No new products would be made mid-apocalypse and no the designers would NOT miss a big important graphical thing like that......

Also MOTD has absolutely NO idea when it is, because it's in hell.... It's designed to look EXACTLY like Alcatraz from the 1930s HOWEVER we know that those four have been doing this MANY times over and over, it could be 3004 for all we know.... My best guess is that it takes place between die rise and buried, as all maps before this have been linear, why not this one?

• Administrators

A lot of this info is flawed from my point of view: Tranzit, Nuketown, die rise, and Buried all happen after 1996 because If the world was destroyed, why is there a poster that clearly states "1996" in die rise, the earth was destroyed all at the same time, so why is there a poster? No new products would be made mid-apocalypse and no the designers would NOT miss a big important graphical thing like that......

Also MOTD has absolutely NO idea when it is, because it's in hell.... It's designed to look EXACTLY like Alcatraz from the 1930s HOWEVER we know that those four have been doing this MANY times over and over, it could be 3004 for all we know.... My best guess is that it takes place between die rise and buried, as all maps before this have been linear, why not this one?

It's because we have things like alternate universes or realities, which Richtofen even mentions by name. Just because one map, in an alternate reality is in 1996, it doesn't automatically mean that they all are. Same way that Ascension is before Kino in time, but after it when we we play there. These maps aren't required to be linear, they all have their own time as a new reality is made every time there is time travel, which is virtually every map.

As for Alcatraz, that's a theory, but I personally don't agree with it right now so I'm now basing anything off of that theory.

• Administrators

Not really a cop-out when it's mentioned by name. I personally don't believe there is any issue with maps jumping around. Time is messed up, we already know this. I don't think Moon is in the future, I don't think Alcatraz is in the future, I don't think there has to be one reality here.

You are taking things too far out of context. Half the times on this thread are incorrect because of your "theory". Richtofen also mention the Antikythera Mechanism. Should we take that seriously? Or how about Tank's Facebook page? You have to take quotes with a grain of salt. And instead you twist half the dates due to one quote.

I agree with MMX, the simple fact there is a quote that suggests there are Multiple realties does not mean every map, if any, is set in a different one, this isn't bioshock infinite...

PLUS time travel reality-splits only occur when there is BACKWARDS time travel the only two maps with that are buried and shangri la, however neither of these map's have multiple endings due to that time travel, and so they remain linear....

You are taking things too far out of context. Half the times on this thread are incorrect because of your "theory". Richtofen also mention the Antikythera Mechanism. Should we take that seriously? Or how about Tank's Facebook page? You have to take quotes with a grain of salt. And instead you twist half the dates due to one quote.

I eventually came to this conclusion, when Moon was the newest map, I was dead set on the idea of alternate realities on the one quote of his “Nothing happened, at least in this reality” (said when picking up a negative(red) power up).

• Administrators

Just depends how they are mentioned. It's very appropriate to say that Shi No Numa is in 1945 due to Tank saying he starting killing Zombies in 1945, for example. Many things in your own story are incorrect, in my opinion. It's all a matter of opinion. Will I reevaluate things? Sure, but it's all a matter of opinion and how we see this. You can't call them truly incorrect, just incorrect to you.

• Administrators

I can have a pool of data to come to the best possible conclusion, using that to determine what is right and what is wrong. Using such a pool of data that we have, I can call anything as right, wrong, or somewhere between.

The only problem is humanity and its perception.

You are not able to dictate what is right and what is wrong, you are able to give your best thought process towards it, but that does not deem it factual.