The Different Zombies Universes (Plus Time and Location of Each Map)

• Administrators

So is this basically the idea that there are parallel universes? My friend gave me an analogy a while back, tell me if this is what you are getting at. Time is like a river, and every time you time travel it creates a break in the river, splitting into a Y. The original river, which I will call timeline 1, keeps going in its straight line, unaffected by your decision to time travel. The first split occurs and there is a break, and timeline 2 goes on until you time travel again, and every decision you make in timeline 2 does not effect timeline 1, but does effect every timeline after timeline 2. You time travel again, which then creates a timeline 3. Every decision made from then on by those who time traveled effects what is happening in timeline 3 and all timelines after, but not in timelines 1 or 2. That is my understanding thus far of time travel inside of Zombies. Feel free to tell me if it differs from yours. :)

Everything you said is correct. Although, I would characterize it as splitting into an upside down ト, instead of a Y.

Keep in mind however, that this only applies to backwards time travel. Physics shows forwards time travel is possible without multidimensional theory via Einstein's theory of relativity.

And yes, this type of time travel requires multidimensional theory, which states that there is an infinite number of universes, and an infinite number of them. And every time something occurs due to choice or chance, multiple realities occur with each decision. For example, there could be a universe where Hitler won the war.

Want a mind-buster? There's an interesting experiment in quantum mechanics that shows how perception itself can determine an event. Scientists shot a laser, well electrons, at a scanner. The machine detected that they moved as a wave. So the scanner said the electrons hit EVERYWHERE on the scanner, even behind SOLID barricades in experiments with solid barricades, which should be impossible. However, when scientists WATCHED the experiment, the electron would move as a particle and only hit a single part of the scanner. Furthermore, scientists were able to slow down the experiment. The scientists waited until partway through and then looked at it. The scanner detected the electron as a wave, and then the scientists saw it as a particle. AND the scanner had the data reflect that it had been a particle all along, despite prior findings. So time in the past literally changed. Even furthermore, there's no telling which particle will become a reality. It may hit a certain coordinate, or some other, or some other. Multidimensional theory states that each time one of these differences occurs, ALL possibilities occur, each in a different reality. So in our reality, the electron hit farther up than the other reality where it hit farther down. Question is, does the real world behave like quantum mechanics? Well that's where we turn to Schrodinger's cat, which I'm sure you've heard of.

Anyway, back down to Earth. There's already been many timelines in Zombies. It just hasn't been discussed much until this last major one that completely re-wrote history. But technically, even their presence has changed history, even if minutely.

We start with Timeline 1, or T1. Richtofen and co. jumped ahead in time to Kino der Toten, ~1968. Same timeline. They then time travel to Ascension, 1963, creating T2. They then travel forward again to Call of the Dead, 2011. Same timeline. They then travel backwards to Shangri-La, ~1990, creating T3. During the Easter Egg, they went back in time 8 times, creating T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, and T11. Then they went backwards to No Man's Land and Moon, ~1967 (The U.S.'s teleporter had no time function.) This created T12. T12 split from T11 when they arrived at Area 51. However, none of them but Richtofen could've known that T12 would result in the end of the world as we know. We are now 11 timelines away from the first one, and the world is a very different place indeed.

• Administrators

The analogy he gave me was originally in terms of decisions, I just changed it to time travel to apply it to Zombies. Also, because time and space and interwoven, every time they teleported it created a separate timeline, so I don't think we are at just 12, correct?

Does that put us on the same page, then, about the style of teleportation in relation to Zombies?

So forward time travel is one timeline because of Relativity, you mind explaining that to me a bit?

No, not entirely. In science fiction, all time machines are essentially teleporters, but not all teleporters are time machines. A teleporter relies on the idea of disassembling something at location A and rebuilding it exactly at location B. It is a transfer of information. (This is why quantum entanglement is said to be the precursor to teleportation.) In Zombies, all of the teleporters can be turned into time machines with the right know-how. It's just that the teleporters transfer the information to another time, via some type of technology we can't understand, some type we don't have. They can move forward in time without changing space just like I can move forward but not up. So it would just be 12. Because only going backwards in time would create a new timeline.

Your friend was going into the infinite dimensions of multidimensional theory. That is where every decision splits into different universes. That's fun to think about, but it isn't very useful for the Zombies storyline, because we are more concerned with how WE, as Richtofen and the others, have ARTIFICIALLY change our timeline, not how nature through quantum mechanics has made an already infinite number of universes.

Well forward time travel can already be done. As you approach the speed of light, time slows down. Einstein used his famous twin example. You send a twin off into space at the speed of light. He comes back 80 years later, having not aged (much) due to the theory of relativity. However his twin that he left is now 80 years old. So, our physics within our own universe allow forward time travel. Only backwards time travel requires a new timeline to be created.

So when Richtofen changes time, that new timeline is SET. So, for example, the final timeline was formed when Richtofen changed time that time. If you could look at the timeline from a higher dimension, you would see that that timeline contained everything from the past to his appearance to the destruction of the Earth that would inevitably ensue due to his appearance, not counting the natural quantum effect like I said earlier. On the contrary however, if you looked at their appearance in Ascension. You'd basically see "Cosmodrone, Gersch, skip a few, George Romero".

Think about it this way, if someone in the past invented a time machine and NEVER told ANYONE, and then came to our present to tell everyone about it, would time have changed at all? No. He's just bringing stuff from our past, in our dimension, including himself and his machine. He could've told everyone in his time, but he chose to accelerate his relative time to tell people of the future instead.

Going forward is easy. Backwards... not so much.

I still believe Shi No Numa is in New Guinea. There is so much stuff pointing to it.

You mean a single sound file?

No, not just single soundfile. But it got me investigating.

@Tac yeah I made thread but I can post my thoughts here. The tjread is old and hasn't have all my latest finds.

SHI NO NUMA - SWAMP OF DEATH

Kookaburra:

In the Shi No Numa sound files there was 2 sounds that will give us point on real location of the Shi No Numa.

They were:

Kookaburra_00 and Kookaburra_01 and they played bird singing.

Kookaburra is a bird that lives in Australia and New Guinea.

It has very distinctive singing sound as it sounds like laughter.

Because Shi No Numa is watery swamp area we can say that it really isn't in Australia so we are left with New Guinea.

And Japanese had been in New Guinea:

Fighting between Allied and Japanese forces commenced with the Japanese assault on Rabaul on 23 January 1942. Rabaul became the forward base for the Japanese campaigns in mainland New Guinea, including the pivotal Kokoda Track campaign of July 1942–January 1943, and the Battle of Buna-Gona. Fighting in some parts of New Guinea continued until the war ended in August 1945.

General Douglas MacArthur as Supreme Commander in the South West Pacific Area, led the Allied forces. MacArthur was based in Melbourne, Brisbane and Manila. The Japanese 8th Area Army, under General Hitoshi Imamura, was responsible for both the New Guinea and Solomon Islands campaigns. Imamura was based at Rabaul. The Japanese 18th Army, under Lieutenant General Hatazō Adachi, was responsible for Japanese operations on mainland New Guinea.

'

Quoted from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Guinea_campaign

Japanese empire in WW2

Plantation:

Nymphaea:

New Guinea has Nymphea plantation in swamp areas.

Swamp trees:

New Guinea's swamp and trees.

Shi No Numa trees.

Ferns:

New Guinea has a lot of different ferns.

Rice:

Rice is grown also in New Guinea.

Buildings:

They look a lot like the Shi No Numa building. Most likely Japanese found this building near the meteor and turned it into their base.

The meteor:

Dyarrl Island, January 31, 1933, Papua New Guinea, New Ireland, Mesosiderite

And what Mesosiderite really is:

Mesosiderites are a class of stony–iron meteorites consisting of about equal parts of metallic nickel-iron and silicate. They are breccias with an irregular texture; silicates and metal occur often in lumps or pebbles as well as in fine-grained intergrowths. The silicate part contains olivine, pyroxenes, and Ca-rich feldspar and is similar in composition to eucrites and diogenites.

They are a rare type of meteorite; as of June 2011 only 167 are known (of which 51 come from Antarctica) and only 7 of these are observed falls. On the other hand, some mesosiderites are among the largest meteorites known.

Unit 731:

Many have though that Takeo was part of Unit 731 and he was captured from Shi No Numa base. And that Unit 731 worked there before.

Some are probably familiar with Unit 731. Its basically is the Japanese version of evil studies done like Mengele in Nazi Germany. Some sick stuff was done by them.

Well I have come by interview by Japanese professor who says that Unit 731 worked also in New Guinea and New Ireland (the place in New Guinea where the meteor hit!)

TONY JONES: What can you tell us about those human experiments that they conducted in those years?

PROFESSOR YUKI TANAKA: Well, they used various type of pathogens bacterias and viruses, for example, typhoid, bubonic plague, anthrax, cholera, and the like, and tested those weapons on these prisoners.

Although you call prisoners, but they were not POWs.

They were mainly political dissidents who rebelled against the Japanese occupation in China.

TONY JONES: How widespread were these experiments?

I know you've done research looking at what the unit was responsible for closer to Australia, in Papua New Guinea.

PROFESSOR YUKI TANAKA: Unit 731 was initially operating only in China, but when the Pacific war started, they set up the branch units, for example in Beijing, Nanjing, Quandong and Singapore and various other places, and even in New Guinea and New Ireland.

And those branch units were responsible for testing the biological and chemical weapons developed by Unit 731 in those regions and planned for the waging of biological warfare in those regions.

So the staff number of Unit 731 so far is about 3,000, but if you include the members who were working for the branch units, the total number was probably 20,000.

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/stories/s661377.htm

Ok I've seen some confusion with the time of green run, some saying its still the 60s and others saying its 2020 or 2025 or whatnot, its all wrong, let me explain. As we all know, in der riese the group gets teleported to 1962 or whatever that was. It only lasts for 2 maps: kino and ascencion, since in ascencion the kassimir device works with gersh device to send our heroes to the modern age, 2012. That's right, 2012 is when green run takes place, here is why. So on cotd, we see modern day celebrities, so cotd undoubtly takes place in our time, and as of cotd, the zombies awaken and start attacking worldwide, probobly Samantha searching for the 4 zombie slayers without knowing it send them to shangrila. So right after cotd, the chars are fighting in shangrila, all while the zombie apocalypse takes over the world, this is why we see shelters in green run, they were made for protection against the zombies, but moving on, after the chars get the orb, they have to manually get from Himalayas to area 51, by boat or plane(no teleportation there), so it takes them maybe 1-2 weeks or so after cotd, while the world burns. Nuketown and moon happen at the same time, and you can see marlton hiding in the bomb shelter, the grand scheme unrevailing and nukes hitting the earth, all while you see the last minute chaos of the modern day world against zombies in nuketown. So after that, green run takes place a few weeks or a month after the apocalypse, as marlton had to get from nuketown to tranzit somehow(not the bus, it arrives at beginning of tranzit). Now you could say that tranzit could take place anytime after moon, even 2025, that's wrong. In survival and grief mode you can see CIA and CDC members who lost contact with the hq, and are fighting off zombies alone, doubt there would be ANY of either left by 2025. Also, the place simply does not look futuristic enough to be, play campaign to see what I'm talking about, today in 2012 seeing old trucks and 60s tv sets in old isolated communities is a stretch, but plausible, I doubt with the advancements of 2025 we would be seeing that, or CIA or CDC using 1911 or m14s for that matter. That was a mouthful, but I'm glad i cleared this up

• Administrators

As we all know, in der riese the group gets teleported to 1962 or whatever that was. It only lasts for 2 maps: kino and ascencion, since in ascencion the kassimir device works with gersh device to send our heroes to the modern age, 2012.

Yes, that is true that we are in modern times. Also, it's spelled Casimir ;)

as of cotd, the zombies awaken and start attacking worldwide, probobly Samantha searching for the 4 zombie slayers without knowing it send them to shangrila.

What do you mean that the Zombies awaken? They've been around for a long time, since the early 1940's, so I'm confused as to what you mean by that.

So right after cotd, the chars are fighting in shangrila, all while the zombie apocalypse takes over the world, this is why we see shelters in green run, they were made for protection against the zombies, but moving on, after the chars get the orb, they have to manually get from Himalayas to area 51, by boat or plane(no teleportation there), so it takes them maybe 1-2 weeks or so after cotd, while the world burns.

Alrighty, first thing. We go back in time from Call of the Dead to Shangri-La, as shown by this quote:

"Ah, much better, now I can see the problem. We must have gone to far into the future. Look, the teleporter's completely broken, the time circuits are damaged." - Edward Richtofen in Call of the Dead

Now, getting from Shangri-La to No Man's Land was indeed via teleportation, per this quote:

"A time traveling temple, of course!" - Edward Richtofen in Shangri-La

If you look at the first quote I cited, Richtofen mentions the time circuits (time) and teleporter (space) together, because the time circuits are in the teleporter. So basically, time traveling allows you the opportunity to teleport, and vise-versa. Physics shows that time and space is one fabric, so to speak, and Zombies follows that. Here's one more quote where he references time and space together, as one:

"Now to use this to blast a hole in space-time and... what was I saying?" - Edward Richtofen in Moon

As for Matuzz, that is very compelling evidence I'll have to sit on it, but it seems plausible to me.

As we all know, in der riese the group gets teleported to 1962 or whatever that was. It only lasts for 2 maps: kino and ascencion, since in ascencion the kassimir device works with gersh device to send our heroes to the modern age, 2012.

Yes, that is true that we are in modern times. Also, it's spelled Casimir ;)

as of cotd, the zombies awaken and start attacking worldwide, probobly Samantha searching for the 4 zombie slayers without knowing it send them to shangrila.

What do you mean that the Zombies awaken? They've been around for a long time, since the early 1940's, so I'm confused as to what you mean by that.

So right after cotd, the chars are fighting in shangrila, all while the zombie apocalypse takes over the world, this is why we see shelters in green run, they were made for protection against the zombies, but moving on, after the chars get the orb, they have to manually get from Himalayas to area 51, by boat or plane(no teleportation there), so it takes them maybe 1-2 weeks or so after cotd, while the world burns.

Alrighty, first thing. We go back in time from Call of the Dead to Shangri-La, as shown by this quote:

"Ah, much better, now I can see the problem. We must have gone to far into the future. Look, the teleporter's completely broken, the time circuits are damaged." - Edward Richtofen in Call of the Dead

Now, getting from Shangri-La to No Man's Land was indeed via teleportation, per this quote:

"A time traveling temple, of course!" - Edward Richtofen in Shangri-La

If you look at the first quote I cited, Richtofen mentions the time circuits (time) and teleporter (space) together, because the time circuits are in the teleporter. So basically, time traveling allows you the opportunity to teleport, and vise-versa. Physics shows that time and space is one fabric, so to speak, and Zombies follows that. Here's one more quote where he references time and space together, as one:

"Now to use this to blast a hole in space-time and... what was I saying?" - Edward Richtofen in Moon

As for Matuzz, that is very compelling evidence I'll have to sit on it, but it seems plausible to me.

1) yes, zombies existed since 1940s, but in 1945 and 1962/3 they stopped attacking, and went back in the ground(should be obvious, cotd or live as we know it would have NEVER happened if we were attacked by nazi zombies in 1945 or the 60s)

2) heh I wasnt aware of the quote from shangrila, please do provide a link, but still as I said tranzit/moon can't take place far into the future as tranzit does not seem modern enough(look at bo2 tech in single player)

3) as for cotd, yes time teleporter is broken, but they still somehow manage to get to shangrila instantly, you can even hear teleporter sound so the mpd is definetly functional. 

• Administrators

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand this chart. All the curves and stuff are just throwing me off, I just don't understand it to be honest. Like how Call of the Dead is way on the left even though it's farther than any map. I apologize for not getting it, I'm just rather confused when I look at it.

I understand. Let me try to walk through it with you.

We start our journey at Der Riese. They time travel to Kino der Toten, yes? And they skip about 20 years. This is why there is a big loop in the cyan timeline. Bending time into a loop allows one to cross over into another time.

Go further on and you see the timeline intertwines with an earlier part of the timeline. This is where Richtofen leaves Kino for Ascension, which is a few years earlier. However, you must remember that going backwards in time creates a new timeline. So time for them now goes forward in the navy-blue timeline.

They then travel forward to Call of the Dead, creating a loop of 40 years that they skipped. Going forward a bit, the timeline intertwines with an earlier part of the timeline. This is where Richtofen leaves Call of the Dead for Shangri-La, which is earlier in the timeline. This creates a third timeline.

They aren't there for very long until they go back in time again. You notice that this is where the timeline again intertwines with an earlier part of the timeline, branching off into a fourth timeline.

Then, when you finish the first step of the Easter Egg in Shangri-La, you skip a loop and go into the future. Then the next step you go back in time again, creating another timeline. This is done 6 more times, creating a total of 10 timelines.

On the last step of the Easter Egg, you go back in time, creating another timeline, the 11th, and then you skip a few years ahead back to the "present" of Shangri-La. That is why that small purple loop is there.

When you jump back to the time of Moon, you're going to 1967, which is quite a ways back. That is back when timeline #'s 2 to 11 were all just timeline 2. So the purple timeline intertwines with a segment of the navy-blue timeline, and this is where Richtofen went back in time to the time of Moon, which creates timeline #12. This is the one that ends with the world being destroyed.

Also, if you notice the Black Ops II campaign does take place, it is just in a different timeline from the one in Zombies. It is in the original. Basically, the Black Ops II campaign is what would have happened if Richtofen never did the things he did.

• 3 weeks later...

i feel that moon actually took place in modern times, cause it would alter too much time space continuum for it to be in the 60's. think about it. if they nuked the 1960's earth then call of the dead would have never happened.

And wouldn't the zombies have spread to the whole world already by der riese?? just sayin

The easiest way to explain that is that every time our original crew travels in time, different universes are created. So now, Richtofen and the rest are in COTD, they teleport to Shangri-La and from Shangri-La they time travel to Moon. Since they have time traveled to Moon, in the universe where Moon takes place event Shangri-La and COTD never happened. They happened in a different "world" which Nikolai, Eddy, Tank and Takeo come from.

These 2 quote blocks should almost be 'Stickied' somewhere? JK (but true)

Tank Dempsey: Ugh.. where are we?

Nikolai Belinski: A better question is...

Dr. Edward Richtofen: When the hell are we?

Nikolai: NO! Where the hell is my Vodka?!

Dr. Edward Richtofen: Yes of course! The DG-2 must have overloaded the teleporter ripping space-time, back tracing us across the future! How Wonderful!

*Takeo throws up, dropping Nikolai's vodka*

Nikolai Belinski: There is my vodka! Thank you, Takeo.

Tank Dempsey: Oh come on Tak, suck it up and walk it off.

Dr Edward Richtofen: "Ah much better, now I can see the problem. We must have gone too far into the future. Look, the teleporter is completely broken. The time circuits are damaged. We'll have to reboot the static"

Tank Dempsey: "Wait, you took us here on purpose!? Where are we?"

Dr Edward Richtofen: "A better question Dempsey"

Nikolai Belinski: "Oh look! Blinkey light, heh heh, what´s this button do?"

Dr Edward Richtofen: "Nikolai, No'"

The Zombie timeline is not consecutive.

EDIT - Tac, you should also include the Call of the Dead 'Original characters trapped' audio as you have included Brock & Gray's audio from Shangri-la

• Administrators

If Green Run takes place in the 80's, to me, that makes no sense.

How can George A. Romero not have any Idea about the Nazi Zombies in 2011 when the world clearly freaking exploded. You don't just forget the world exploding, even if it is 30 years later.

As a result of Moon, Call of the Dead never happened.

I personally think he is about 20 or 30 in NTZ and about 40 in GR. The voice of a man usually doesn't change much after puberty. Also, their are many ways he could of got that watch after the Nukes (Found it, stole, etc.)

First: bullshit on the puberty thing. Usually male's voices get deeper throughout their twenties. Voice is something that changes throughout a person's life, just like appearance.

Second: If the watch was never invented, then how did he just find it? They aren't going to research this type of thing with zombies around.