The Different Zombies Universes (Plus Time and Location of Each Map)

• Administrators

Maxis said he's been searching for decades. So why do you have Green Run as being possible in the 1960's instead of '80's?

I'm debating what to add. I personally am comfortable calling the am between 1986 (Chernobyl containers) and 1991, but I'm still deciding what I would like to add. The decades quote would fit that timeline, however some do believe that he is referring to 'decades after being killed in Griffin Station' and not 'decades after the nukes hit'. I have yet to come to a conclusion myself and am looking into it more currently, should have an updated conclusion in one hour or so. I assume you believe it was referring to after the nukes?

• Administrators

Dr. Maxis: You! You are not one of those foul creatures. Excellent, I have been searching for decades. Listen now, what I have to say is of the utmost importance to mankind. If you would see this planet free from the curse of these wretched undead creatures, and the monstrous evil which controls them, then you must obey my every command. I cannot affect physical change... yet. You must be my hands. Only you can stop that awful worm, Richtofen.

Dr. Maxis: What has occurred cannot be undone. However, I realize the calculations were made in haste and could potentially threaten the entire globe. That was not the intent. I considered a possible plan B should this occur, and this plan would consist of global polarization devices that would [static]. It appears I have difficulty speaking. [static] devices with the power [static] shut the power [static] me.

When I look at the first radio, I can see it being from 1945 when we was trapped in the computers, since everything he explains can be applied to any point before the nukes. However, when you read them both in succession he mentions the calculations, which would mean after the nukes. They say that from a part you can judge a whole, but that is not the case here. I feel it is imperative you take them both to understand the time, would you agree?

• Administrators

No, I still don't think so. That still explains not why it would take him decades to search for anyone.

Well regardless of why he has been searching so long, he did say decades and we need to find the most logical time period for him to mean that in. Because he mentions the wrong calculations, I'm going with 20 years after the nukes.

I originally posted this in Rissole's thread (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 60#p249006), but due to it being relatively off topic from that thread and the lack of responses, I edited if and re-posted here.

SEDAN & LATCHKEY; THE FINAL SHOWDOWN

LATCHKEY

As you all know, we've got the street signs in Nuketown that display the fact that were fighting at the crossroads (it's a dead end street :lol: ) of Latchkey Rd. and Trinity Ave. The Trinity test was on July 16, 1945, in New Mexico, the first ever nuclear test. Operation Latchkey were nuclear tests in 1966/1967. Now, I would understand if the signs were displaying the first ever nuclear tests and the last, portraying the idea of "'survival town' & The Nevada Test Site in General" as PINNAZ puts it, via MixMasterNut's thoughts. That would make sense, however testing in the Nevada Test Site did not end until 1992, so there must be something to Operation Latchkey specifically.

Little to no information can be found about Operation Latchkey from my research. I have yet to find the specific Area within NTS that Operation Latchkey occurred in. However, Shooter reports that Operation Latchkey took place in multiple areas, on of which being 10, which relates the original BREN location, detailed below.Anyone want to find it? I feel as though to have a street sign of an operation that happened in 1966, the map has to of taken place at that time or later.

Operation Latchkey: July 1966 to June 1967 in Multiple Areas of the Nevada Test Site, Nevada, U.S.A.

SEDAN

On the flip side, we have got the Sedan nuclear test as a part of Operation Plowshare, with the intention of displaying how nuclear weapons can be used for cratering, mining, and other useful civilian things. It has radiated more United States residents than any other nuclear test and is the largest man-made crater in the United States. Sedan took place on July 6, 1962, as an underground nuclear test. As an underground test, this is described as literally putting the explosive under the ground.

If the sedan detonation did not have a bomb at the top of the tower structure, then the 'Sedan' detonation is not the location of Nuketown as it was an underground detonation?

I personally believe that to be incorrect. In Nuketown, we've got a large clock yes, but I have never believed that to be a bomb-housing structure. In the image you post of the Sedan crater, you do see what appears to a clock-like structure. That would not be there as a bomb-housing tower if it was an underground test, which makes me believe it may be a clock/timer like in Nuketown. MixMasterNut would more about that, possibly meaning I am incorrect.

You can see how similarly the Sedan crater and Nuketown resemble each other in the images below, retrieved by PINNAZ.

As for in-game evidence, you have the Sedan poster found in Green Run, which can be taken subjectively depending on your belief as that is not a clear, direct reference, but could be seen as one by some.

Sedan Blast: July 6, 1962 in Area 10 (Yucca Flat) of the Nevada Test Site, Nevada, U.S.A.

================================================================================================

Now those are the two options we seem to be debating between. As of now, I see more logical evidence for Latchkey but much more circumstantial evidence for Sedan, therefore I have yet to personally make my decision and in case someone else is in the same position as me, let's discuss another relative topic. Next up is the BREN tower.

Bare Reactor Experiment, Nevada (BREN) Tower

The BREN Tower reached a height of 1,527 feet high. That likely means nothing to you, so as a comparison, it was taller than the Empire State Building that reached 1,472 feet high. The BREN Tower was built by the Dresser-Ideco Company for the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, used for an experiment intended to improve understanding the effects of radiation in the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. Now that you have a general understanding, it's time to move onto the interesting part.

The BREN Tower was constructed in 1962 in Yucca Flat. Note that Yucca Flat covers a few area and the BREN Tower was not Area 10 Yucca Flat like the Sedan blast, it was Area 4. In 1966, the same year as Operation Latchkey, the same company that erected the structure transferred it over to Jackass Flats in Area 25 of the Nevada Test Site in Nevada, USA. We know that in Green Run, we activate the T.V. and hear audio transmissions from none other than Jackass Flats.

In the back of Nuketown, you can look out and see two metal structures, pictures via PINNAZ.

Some suggest that they are actually power lines do to them apparently being that in the multiplayer version of Nuketown in Black Ops 1. I can neither confirm or deny these things, however the second image looks like a clear boxed tower without any lines attached. Closer images would be appreciated. Now more interesting things come into play. Keep in mind that the BREN Tower is part of Area 51's restricted airspace that is mentioned in the Shi No Numa radio, R4808-N.

Groom Lake, a location mentioned by the bus driver and one we visit for No Man's Land, is a mere 15 miles from Jackass Flats, which I will say again houses the BREN Tower. Jackass Flats is an astonishing close distance of 3.5 miles from the Sedan Crater. If the Sedan Crater is Nuketown, then that means we are physically looking at the BREN Tower from Jackass Flats, mentioned in the radio. Keep in mind that the exact location or area of Operation Latchkey is unknown, so for all we know, we are just as close to Jackass Flats as the Sedan crater is. Also, please keep in mind that the BREN Tower is not directly mentioned anywhere in the game, but the control of towers seems like a likely theme and this is a great first step.

Now, lets add more to this. I mentioned how there was a lot of radiation from Sedan, and a specific chemical was released. In Green Run, the official one in 1949, they released around 10,000 curies of this element from Hanford, the location of Green Run. We all should know the connections to Chernobyl on that map, which released a crapload of this element into the air when the disaster happened. The Sedan blast did the same, releasing over 880,000 curies of this element. It's known as iodine-131, and with that you are given three common things between these maps. Feel free to put a 115 spin on it. However, Operation Latchkey may have had iodine-131 for all we know since there is so little of information about it, making it just as possible as Sedan, in my eyes.

================================================================================================

In case you have not noticed, I am trying to show all sides of this story in an unbiased manner for every member to make the decisions they feel are best. The circumstantial evidence for the Sedan blast is incredible, however I do not feel like the street signs saying Latchkey can be discounted. I will say what I said before: I feel as though to have a street sign of an operation that happened in 1966, the map has to of taken place at that time or later. If not, I don't know why it'd be there.

I hope you all appreciated this post as it took quite some time gathering all the information and organizing it, and I know we can create a great discussion as a result.

• Administrators

I think it's an interesting post Tac. :) Good job. (I had already read part of it earlier, hence how I made this post so fast.)

Haha I figured just as much :P. There's so much linking the two to Nuketown, in my mind at least, it's hard to say for sure which is real. I want find the coordinates of Nuketown since they are on the Tactical Insertion and Hacker on Nuketown 2025. If they aren't just general it may give us the exact location. Shooter said its a mere degree or two off of Jackass Flats, which is only 3.5 miles from the Sedan crater, so that may be it. I don't know though.

I'm sorry I didn't comment on that awesome post in the Nuketown thread. It really blew me away how well you wrote & documented it.

Regarding the screenshots of the towers, there are actually 4, possibly 5 all within sight from the backyard. I took some screenshots but havent been able to get time to upload them. (I'll be away for the weekend so Monday afternoon I shall do it)

If you watch a no-clip video of Nuketown BO1, they show heaps of towers, I'll just have to compare their locations. I don't think its very important, only if you want to pinpoint the location of Nuketown?

I think it will all come out it the wash as the story unfolds.

Once again, well done on the analysis Tac.

Tac, sorry this is unrelated, but I was looking at my storyline the other day and I noticed I had a date tht you did not. I don't know if you remember, but I once pinned the exact day of "Five" to have most likely occurred on November 7th. It's not certain, but it is highly likely. Even if you don't agree with it, I think it deserves a mention.

• Administrators

Tac, sorry this is unrelated, but I was looking at my storyline the other day and I noticed I had a date tht you did not. I don't know if you remember, but I once pinned the exact day of "Five" to have most likely occurred on November 7th. It's not certain, but it is highly likely. Even if you don't agree with it, I think it deserves a mention.

Can you jog my memory again as to why you believe it is November 7?

Well my thread on it is gone with the Research Facility, but I still have the chart:

http://i50.tinypic.com/eb68zq.png (It cuts off because of forum updates since I posted this)

I don't remember my source. It's in the thread. I think it's the Farmer's Almanac, but I can't be sure. Anyway, I graphed out the time period for when "Five" could be. Kennedy said there was a storm that night, and it seemed to be a pretty heavy one, since he thought the Zombies' ruckus was the storm making a noise WITHIN the Pentagon.

So I made this chart detailing the weather of the time period right above the Pentagon. We can immediately rule out any day that is not highlighted in a blue bar. These were the days with rain. Now you will notice a 3-day period with rain. That is the largest time period of precipiation out of them all, with November 7th being the epicenter. If you notice, the bottom line, which is wind speed, is rather high. Also, the other lines, which indicate varying temperatures are close together, indicate highly uniform temperature throughout the day, which is not normal. The rain, temperature, and wind highly indicates a heavy storm on November 7th, which was unmatched on any other day of this time period.

• Administrators

After asking Rissole25 to do some snooping on Nuketown 2025, from using the TacticalInsertion that shows coordinates, he has concluded that the truck in the center of Nuketown has standard map coordinates of:

lat: 39.831936N

long: 117.392326W

The main thing to pay attention to is the 39 and 117, known as degrees. Do the same for the others.

In the Green Run radio, we hear that the Jackass Flats coordinates are:

lat: 37 degrees 07N

long: 116 degrees 03N

The Sedan Crater coordinates are:

lat: 37 degrees 10N

long: 116 degrees 02W

Obviously Jackass Flats and the Sedan Crater are very close, however they are a few degrees from Nuketown. Because latitude lines run horizontally across the entire globe with zero tilt, they are parallel at around 68-69 miles of difference between each West degree. Longitude lines are farthest apart at the equator and converge at the poles, so the distance varies. 40 degrees North shows a distance of 53 miles between one degree. We're looking at 37-39.8, so we'll call it about 50 miles apart, per North degree.

With that information, we can show that Nuketown is roughly 128 miles north and 50 miles east of the Sedan Crater. Therefore, I don't believe that we are at the Sedan Crater.

After asking Rissole25 to do some snooping on Nuketown 2025, from using the TacticalInsertion that shows coordinates, he has concluded that the truck in the center of Nuketown has standard map coordinates of:

lat: 39.831936N

long: 117.392326W

The main thing to pay attention to is the 39 and 117, known as degrees. Do the same for the others.

In the Green Run radio, we hear that the Jackass Flats coordinates are:

lat: 37 degrees 07N

long: 116 degrees 03N

The Sedan Crater coordinates are:

lat: 39 degrees 10N

long: 116 degrees 02W

Obviously Jackass Flats and the Sedan Crater are very close, however they are a few degrees from Nuketown. Because latitude lines run horizontally across the entire globe with zero tilt, they are parallel at around 68-69 miles of difference between each West degree. Longitude lines are farthest apart at the equator and converge at the poles, so the distance varies. 40 degrees North shows a distance of 53 miles between one degree. We're looking at 37-39.8, so we'll call it about 50 miles apart, per North degree.

With that information, we can show that Nuketown is roughly 128 miles north and 50 miles east of the Sedan Crater. Therefore, I don't believe that we are at the Sedan Crater.

Awesome. :D

EDIT: Although it IS still conjectural, not definitive. Seeing as it is Nuketown 2025, not the actual Nuketown. So I wouldn't say that is fullproof.

I posted this in another thread and Tac said I should maybe post it here. I know this isnt the media center but I made a whole video today about my theory of when Green Run is set. I took some info from this post by Tac and developed it more. My conclusion Green Run is set in 1986-1987. Here is the video.

41TNSbOtmH0

Here is a brief summary.

The soviet union stamps on the boxes in the PAP room gives us a vague time period of 1967-1991. Yes they could have been there for years but there is other evidence. Nuketown and Moon happened together, and I think the day of Moon and Nuketown was somewhere between 1966-1967. We can hear Marlton in the fallout shelter, which shows us that Green Run couldnt be at the same time as Nuketown. Most definitely after Nuketown. Then there is the quotes from Maxis about 'I have been searching for Decades'. 2 decades after 1966-67 was the Chernobyl Nuclear Accident. There is Russian silo's as a result of this Chernobyl accident. Also, I think Marlton was around 15 in Nuketown, also because I think I heard a womans voice in the shelter, which could be Marlton's Mom? I personally think Marlton looks about 35-ish in Green Run. 35-15=20. 20+1967=1987. Just after the Chernobyl accident. Watch the video for more detail. The only other thing that could have happened was the Marlton traveled through time with Richtofen at some point that we dont know about, or Marlton developed his own Time Travel Teleporter whilst in the Fallout shelter. This is backed up by the 'This device will prove my mental superiority once and for all' Could this device be that he has developed his own teleporter (because he is a nerd and all) This is just my theory. I might be way off. What do you guys think? Also, im new to all this theory stuff.

• Administrators

If moon is before Shangri-la and Ascension, then there should be lava everywhere. and how would richtofen get the golden rod in the first place to launch the missles? It would just cause a Infinite Paradox.

That's because when you time-travel, you aren't in the same reality. You create a new, parallel universe, that you enter and does not effect the previous. That can be hinted at by the following quote by Edward Richtofen:

"Nothing happened, atleast in this reality." - powerup_antipts_plr_1

8Q_GQqUg6Ts

The theory of going back in time and preventing yourself from going back in time to create a paradox is only one of many. In fact, that theory is pretty dated: Back to the Future. An alternative, which Zombies now is highly evidenced to employ, is:

Richtofen went to 2011. He then went back in time to the 1960's and blew the Earth up, thus preventing the 2011 event from occurring. However, there is no paradox. The new string of events formed its own timeline. If time is considered the 4th dimension, you can think of the 5th dimension being the changing of time itself. So Richtofen's past is still intact in another dimension; but he resides in a dimension that he has completely rewritten. See the dimension video above, and focus on the 4th, 5th, and 6th dimensions. It helps when thinking about it.

In fact, I once made a Zombies 4D/5D chart. It was a chart of the time travel (4) and the changing of the time travel (5) of Shangri-La. Where X and Y make the first two dimensions, and a graph of Y and Z can show the 2nd and 3rd, I made a graph of a V and W, if you will, a graph of 4 and 5. Laterally you could see time progress per moment. Vertically you could see it change per temporal interference.

Yes. I'm quite familiar with this kind of thing. I'm really into astronomy, time travel, multidimensional theory, and other "science fiction" ideas. I think I might be able to help you wrap your head around it.

Like for example, take the TV show Doctor Who. I'll assume you don't watch it. The show is about a man who time travels across the universe. His past is haunted by many many things that have been unwritten from history. For example, his race was prevented from ever existing due to time travel. You could literally plot a series of images of the entire universe on a graph. Point 1 would be the universe WITH that race. Point 2 would be the universe without. Point 3 would be some other change. And so forth. Whereas we are prevented from undoing the 4th dimension, time, the time traveler is prevented from undoing the 5th dimension, the change of time. Once something has been changed to never exist, it is gone from every point in the first four dimensions.

Maybe I should show you my Shangri-La graph?